Deity of Christ but not Trinitarian

mikesw

Just so I can be understand some views that may fit a narrow theme, I am wondering who has found the divinity of Christ to be true but not within the Trinitarian concept. Any takers?

I was keeping the question open to answers by people who may even reject that idea. But my question is centered more about Jesus.

Please answer my question from post 2.

One does not have the Jesus of the Bible if one rejects the Holy Spirit is God.

The first chapter of Ezekiel depicts Yahweh with four faces that represent the four
faces of an h.sapiens. One of those four faces is the face of an Eagle and another is
the face of a Man, meaning of course that the h.sapiens in Ezekiel's vision is both
human and divine; and seeing as how all four faces combined depict Yahweh, then
I think it's safe to conclude that Jesus is a very unique theophany.

Isaiah predicted that Jesus would be called Immanuel (Isa 7:17, Matt 1:22-23)
which means God with us. Now to my knowledge nobody in the New Testament
ever called Jesus by that name but we know from Ezekiel's vision that the shoe fits.
_

Just so I can be understand some views that may fit a narrow theme, I am wondering who has found the divinity of Christ to be true but not within the Trinitarian concept. Any takers?
I agree with the divinity of Jesus as long as divinity is not redefined to be equal to the word deity. Divinity is about the characteristics that Jesus and Christians can share with the deity. However, having some of the divine characteristics does not make someone deity. I don't believe this distinction is compatible with the Trinitarian concept.

The first chapter of Ezekiel depicts Yahweh with four faces that represent the four
faces of an h.sapiens. One of those four faces is the face of an Eagle and another is
the face of a Man, meaning of course that the h.sapiens in Ezekiel's vision is both

ever called Jesus by that name but we know from Ezekiel's vision that the shoe fits.
_
I've not heard that about Ezekiel. It is an interesting idea that I may ponder some. But I presume you also hold to the triune nature of God?

I agree with the divinity of Jesus as long as divinity is not redefined to be equal to the word deity. Divinity is about the characteristics that Jesus and Christians can share with the deity. However, having some of the divine characteristics does not make someone deity. I don't believe this distinction is compatible with the Trinitarian concept.
I think Peterlag is holding to that idea too. If I recall, he said Christ's divinity came as a result of his life lived.
I have realized that I need to speak of the divinity of Christ in the Godhead lest my wording gets confused with the concept you propose here. However, I did leave the wording vague for the question in this thread.

I think Peterlag is holding to that idea too. If I recall, he said Christ's divinity came as a result of his life lived.
I have realized that I need to speak of the divinity of Christ in the Godhead lest my wording gets confused with the concept you propose here. However, I did leave the wording vague for the question in this thread.
Jesus isn’t the only one who is divine which is the main reason why I can’t support the Trinitarian concept of Jesus.

There also may be a different school of thought. I don’t typically make exceptions for Jesus when there are others who have something in common with him.

If I started letting Jesus be deity then I would have no choice to believe I am deity as well, including you, and Peterlag.

So I believe it’s most reasonable, fair, and balanced with Scripture that we do not believe Jesus is deity because we are not deity.

Also, will you please clarify in which sense your believe Jesus is deity? There are a number of nuanced words for god that Jewish culture used not only for the supreme God, but also humans.

Jesus isn’t the only one who is divine which is the main reason why I can’t support the Trinitarian concept of Jesus.

There also may be a different school of thought. I don’t typically make exceptions for Jesus when there are others who have something in common with him.

If I started letting Jesus be deity then I would have no choice to believe I am deity as well, including you, and Peterlag.

So I believe it’s most reasonable, fair, and balanced with Scripture that we do not believe Jesus is deity because we are not deity.

Also, will you please clarify in which sense your believe Jesus is deity? There are a number of nuanced words for god that Jewish culture used not only for the supreme God, but also humans.
Maybe, in your perspective. I pretty much know I was not sent from heaven.

Maybe, in your perspective. I pretty much know I was not sent from heaven.
But you are from heaven. Or you’re supposed to be. This is what Jesus taught. Some Bibles replace “born from above” with “born again”, but that only muddies the waters. See. We have that in common with Jesus as well.

John 3
3Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, except anyone be born from above, he is not able to see the kingdom of God.”

But you are from heaven. Or you’re supposed to be. This is what Jesus taught. Some Bibles replace “born from above” with “born again”, but that only muddies the waters. See. We have that in common with Jesus as well.

John 3
3Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, except anyone be born from above, he is not able to see the kingdom of God.”
This is hardly equating our change through Christ with Christ's divinity in the Godhead.

Why do you believe that?
I trust Jesus and the fourth gospel.
The little difference is that Jesus was sent from God
John 6:38
I do not have a messianic complex. Only the true Messiah is the Messiah
We have already seen Peterlag try to speak against the divinity of Christ in the Godhead. He helped affirm that arguments against the divinity of Christ only point back to Christ in the Godhead.

Sorry that’s just absurd and completely unbiblical. Paul declares twice in the same epistle to the Colossians that all the fullness of Deity is in Christ. He lacks nothing in His Deity as God. 1:19, 2:9

Next fallacious argument since this one has been dismantled and refuted.

hope this helps !!!

Sorry that’s just absurd and completely unbiblical. Paul declares twice in the same epistle to the Colossians that all the fullness of Deity is in Christ. He lacks nothing in His Deity as God. 1:19, 2:9

Next fallacious argument since this one has been dismantled and refuted.

hope this helps !!!
It helps to see that runningman has a skewed concept of the divinity of Christ. This sort of reminds me of the issues when discussing details of Jesus with JWs. Namely, you have to make sure to clarify the biblical definitions in arguments against them. But i'm not versed in doing that.

_

There were/are many representation of God within humanity. Some more closely resemble God than others.

It helps to see that runningman has a skewed concept of the divinity of Christ. This sort of reminds me of the issues when discussing details of Jesus with JWs. Namely, you have to make sure to clarify the biblical definitions in arguments against them. But i'm not versed in doing that.

Deity and Divinity deal with the same construct. Deity is simply a reference to "God". Divinity deals with the qualities/characteristics of being God.

Both words compliment one another. The "contrast" set forth by some is preposterous.

Back
Top Bottom