Deity of Christ but not Trinitarian

Many wouldn't care anyway.
They love playing make believe.

But I agree it still must be done.
Greg Koukl mentions about putting a pebble in their shoe -- figuratively speaking (unless you can actually sneak one in). In practice, my ideas are mainly to contribute to understanding of scripture to the Christian community rather than apologetics.

Sorry that’s just absurd and completely unbiblical. Paul declares twice in the same epistle to the Colossians that all the fullness of Deity is in Christ. He lacks nothing in His Deity as God. 1:19, 2:9

Next fallacious argument since this one has been dismantled and refuted.

hope this helps !!!
Your point is exactly why I continue to believe Jesus is not God for the same reason I am not God. Do you know what else Paul taught? The fullness of the deity is in you too! Or, rather, the deity should be in you!

Ephesians 4
19of the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

I trust Jesus and the fourth gospel.
The little difference is that Jesus was sent from God
John 6:38
I do not have a messianic complex. Only the true Messiah is the Messiah
We have already seen Peterlag try to speak against the divinity of Christ in the Godhead. He helped affirm that arguments against the divinity of Christ only point back to Christ in the Godhead.
Let's use the same consistency you apply to Jesus to anyone or anything else he is together with. In John 6, didn't he compare himself to the manna that was sent from God, calling himself the bread from heaven? Then is the manna God, did the manna exist eternally in heaven, was the manna incarnated?

Let's use the same consistency you apply to Jesus to anyone or anything else he is together with. In John 6, didn't he compare himself to the manna that was sent from God, calling himself the bread from heaven? Then is the manna God, did the manna exist eternally in heaven, was the manna incarnated?
that argument denigrates what is actually a wonderful analogy shared by Christ. I can delete this post if you want to remove the post I just responded to. (Uh. Maybe not delete. Just edit the content to something different. )

Last edited:
that argument denigrates what is actually a wonderful analogy shared by Christ. I can delete this post if you want to remove the post I just responded to. (Uh. Maybe not delete. Just edit the content to something different. )
I think it's necessary to draw this comparison because he suggests that where he was before (heaven) was as the Son of Man in John 6:62 and similar in John 3:13. So if "son of man" means someone is a human in scripture and humans don't literally come down from heaven then what was Jesus talking about?

I think it's necessary to draw this comparison because he suggests that where he was before (heaven) was as the Son of Man in John 6:62 and similar in John 3:13. So if "son of man" means someone is a human in scripture and humans don't literally come down from heaven then what was Jesus talking about?
Manna was given to the children of Israel in the wilderness. They didn't have to work to eat, they simply gathered what God gave. This is an allegory of Christ coming from heaven to be the true and only Eternal "bread of life". Christ is unique in such. No one else is mentioned as such.

Your point is exactly why I continue to believe Jesus is not God for the same reason I am not God. Do you know what else Paul taught? The fullness of the deity is in you too! Or, rather, the deity should be in you!

Ephesians 4
19of the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
UM that is not Eph 4:19 but 3:19

and the context shows

Ephesians 3:17–19 (UASV) — 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the holy ones what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.

The Fullness of God here is Christ

Manna was given to the children of Israel in the wilderness. They didn't have to work to eat, they simply gathered what God gave. This is an allegory of Christ coming from heaven to be the true and only Eternal "bread of life". Christ is unique in such. No one else is mentioned as such.
They had to go gather it and refine it into something edible. There was work involved. They had to do something or they would have starved to death. Same with believing in Jesus.

UM that is not Eph 4:19 but 3:19

and the context shows

Ephesians 3:17–19 (UASV) — 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the holy ones what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.

The Fullness of God here is Christ
Christ in this context refers to an anointing because the word Christos refers to an anointing, not a proper name in this context and it follows from the previous point that was made. It refers to receiving the anointing of love from the Father and thus being filled with the fullness of God. It's the same exact thing Jesus had.

14... for this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16I ask that out of the riches of His glory He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being,

Christ in this context refers to an anointing because the word Christ refers to an anointing, not a proper name in this context and it follows from the previous point that was made. It refers to receiving the anointing of love from the Father and thus being filled with the fullness of God. It's the same exact thing Jesus had.

14... for this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16I ask that out of the riches of His glory He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being,
Sorry no

Christ is the person here

Ephesians 3:19 (UASV) — 19 and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.

compare

Colossians 1:27 (KJV 1900) — 27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Romans 8:10 (KJV 1900) — 10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

his divinity in the Godhead.

They had to go gather it and refine it into something edible. There was work involved. They had to do something or they would have starved to death. Same with believing in Jesus.
I guess that is the best someone can do who does not know the work of picking up food off the ground all around them and the fake doctrine of works of the law that Jews followed.

Not true. Prove it it had to be refined. They were not even allowed to even gather manna on the Sabbath day. Yet here you are insisting they had to refine manna.

Both Bibles and the Quran depict manna as an edible substance.

Just to make sure you're accepting what the Scriptures teach. You can read this for yourself.

Num 21:5 And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread.

Notice there was NO BREAD.... and NO WATER....

Yet there WAS this "light bread" that they hated.

Just so I can be understand some views that may fit a narrow theme, I am wondering who has found the divinity of Christ to be true but not within the Trinitarian concept. Any takers?
Would you be referring to the doctrine of the "only begotten [literal..] son of God," therefore making Him equal to God?

you might be catching on to the testimony of Christ as part of the Godhead. Congratulations.
No, I've been teaching this doctrine now since Nov. 25, 2016.
And, before that, for about 20 years, I use to be a trinitarian. Plus add about 14 years to those 20, that I was still open to the Trinity, or willing to go back to the Trinity, because I was in limbo during this time. But, since about 2-3 years before Non. 25, 2016, of receiving the understanding of how to solve Rev. 13:18, God willing, I will never worship the Trinity again!

And, on top of that, reading the Bible now is like any book that reads straightforward; so why would I trade that in?! Why would I want to go willingly back to confusion, not to mention back to my old sins, that I could not give up as a trinitarian? Because, one cannot truly overcome the world unless one believes that Jesus is the [only literal..] Son of God (1 Jn 5:5 + Jh 5:18). As the example of Jn 5:18 shows, the Jews that rejected this doctrine, did not overcome. They knew God's word, they just did not believe all of it, or rejected some; like the many who ignore verses that contradict their doctrine.

No, I've been teaching this doctrine now since Nov. 25, 2016.
And, before that, for about 20 years, I use to be a trinitarian. Plus add about 14 years to those 20, that I was still open to the Trinity, or willing to go back to the Trinity, because I was in limbo during this time. But, since about 2-3 years before Non. 25, 2016, of receiving the understanding of how to solve Rev. 13:18, God willing, I will never worship the Trinity again!

And, on top of that, reading the Bible now is like any book that reads straightforward; so why would I trade that in?! Why would I want to go willingly back to confusion, not to mention back to my old sins, that I could not give up as a trinitarian? Because, one cannot truly overcome the world unless one believes that Jesus is the [only literal..] Son of God (1 Jn 5:5 + Jh 5:18). As the example of Jn 5:18 shows, the Jews that rejected this doctrine, did not overcome. They knew God's word, they just did not believe all of it, or rejected some; like the many who ignore verses that contradict their doctrine.
How come no one believing like you has been able to produce a coherent argument? Also, it is not particularly salvific to fail to recognize the Trinitarian doctrine individually. It seems it would be less so to hold that when proposing a non-Trinitarian concept of Christ.

Not true. Prove it it had to be refined. They were not even allowed to even gather manna on the Sabbath day. Yet here you are insisting they had to refine manna.

Both Bibles and the Quran depict manna as an edible substance.
It’s okay if you don’t know. You can look it up instead of asking me to prove it, but I don’t say anything unless there’s a biblical reason for it. They had to go get it and refine it.

Numbers 11
7Now the manna resembled coriander seed, and its appearance was like that of gum resin. 8The people walked around and gathered it, ground it on a handmill or crushed it in a mortar, then boiled it in a cooking pot or shaped it into cakes. It tasted like pastry baked with fine oil. 9When the dew fell on the camp at night, the manna would fall with it.

Back
Top Bottom