2 Thessalonians 2

Actually they were right, probably. The text indicates that pretty strongly. But that aside, it is probably worth pointing out that to dismiss certain things that are ubiquitous in the early church fathers is a bad idea, but not impossible obviously. I would say that some things couldn't be known because they lived before the periods mentioned occurred. Although their comments often reflect a fairly decent case that they saw several possibilities.

I am a SDA
It's ok to be sad. You will be happy again.

if you believe after the texts in Daniel 7 start speaking of the 3.5 years are literal and are the time, times, and half a time, which they almost certainly refer to the same period as the "1260 days, 42 months, 3.5 years, time, times, and half a time" found in Daniel and Revelation, then you are a Futurist. If you believe that the 1260 days are symbolic, and refer to the Roman church apostasy that occured in history over 1260 years, actually or approximately, you would be a Historicist.
JESUS is a Futurist

if you believe after the texts in Daniel 7 start speaking of the 3.5 years are literal and are the time, times, and half a time, which they almost certainly refer to the same period as the "1260 days, 42 months, 3.5 years, time, times, and half a time" found in Daniel and Revelation, then you are a Futurist. If you believe that the 1260 days are symbolic, and refer to the Roman church apostasy that occured in history over 1260 years, actually or approximately, you would be a Historicist.

I believe once he who restrains is taken out of the way, the man of sin will be revealed, and the great tribulation will start. Jesus will cut it short and return in glory. Whether or not that fits into Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy is irrelevant to me.

Back
Top Bottom