Would you believe? (Get Smart)

And You're insisting that "Intellectual assent", and FAITH are the same thing. They're not.

Faith is reliance upon things you learn from natural human languages. It is impossible to exclude intellectual thought relative to human languages.

God confound the languages of men to cause a separation in the evil influence of mankind upon another. What you've learned came from HUMAN language or there is not context for you to know ANYTHING AT ALL.

If you care to argue against this, by all means, reply with a comment that no one can understand but you............

I like how we can have different opinions on things and express them. It makes us kind of feel like we're getting to know each other better.

Yes, belief and faith are not the same thing. But I put it in terms of "believe" because that's what the free-willers on here talk about as if we can believe something by our free will.

So we agree, then. It takes the SPIRIT.

Not exactly. You believe that the Spirit must engage a person personally to convert them before they will accept the message of the Gospel. That is not true. Not even close to being true.

The words that Jesus spoke and the words contained in the Gospel are already LIFE... themselves. The Spirit gave them. It is now up to men to preach them and spread them. Your insistence that the Spirit of God personally engage every man to convert them is not true.

When an individual properly preaches the Gospel, it is life itself to those who naturally hear them and understand the human words of men.

Yes, belief and faith are not the same thing. But I put it in terms of "believe" because that's what the free-willers on here talk about as if we can believe something by our free will.

They are generally the same with those who know the Truth and yet resist God. That is why confession is essential. It is where man begins to agree with God. This agreement is completed in the new mind of Christ that is Granted relative to repentance.

Even then, repentance can come from a sense of hopelessness long before confession but is not completed until conversion. There are various aspects of Salvation that can run concurrently but the fullness of repentance can only be found in the mind finding unity/agreement with God personally.

We agree on the need for the mind of Christ in repentance. You just have it way too soon. Which is a self serving position relative to your perception of change.

We are not all the same. Some live at certain levels of the "salvation process" for years until they move on....

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Not exactly. You believe that the Spirit must engage a person personally to convert them before they will accept the message of the Gospel.
`Absolutely!!! No conviction of SIN by the Holy Spirit = No conversion. Without conviction of SIN by the Holy SPirit, all you have is a "Theological conversion" no FAITH involved.
The words that Jesus spoke and the words contained in the Gospel are already LIFE.
Only if they're Driven home by the holy spirit. otherwise they're nothing but "Religious Words".

`Absolutely!!! No conviction of SIN by the Holy Spirit = No conversion. Without conviction of SIN by the Holy SPirit, all you have is a "Theological conversion" no FAITH involved.

Only if they're Driven home by the holy spirit. otherwise they're nothing but "Religious Words".

You can keep making those false claims. It doesn't make them true. You're self image depends upon your false narrative. I don't require your approval.

The Scriptures say you're wrong. You didn't deal the verses I posted nor the arguments I made. You just repeated your false claim.

You didn't change at all until you heard the Scriptures in the English language. You were and still are bound to a natural understanding of English. An appeal personal revelation isn't anything more than a farce.

I was once in a discussion with someone who believed the only thing involved in the new birth was paper, ink and human intelligence. The person I was in a discussion with denied the work of the Holy Spirit in conjunction with the gospel. 1 Thessalonians 1:5 - For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit and in much assurance, as you know what kind of men we were among you for your sake.

That person also denied the very essence of regeneration, which is to be born again from above. (John 3:3) His error also led him to the denial of the indwelling Holy Spirit. He seemed to postulate everything upon man's obedience to the letter of the Word and denied an accompanying work of the Holy Spirit. He seemed to rely heavily on human logic and legalism and even taught salvation by works.

Prior to the cross, Jesus talked about His death, burial and resurrection, yet what was the response from the disciples? Peter rebukes Jesus for saying he will be killed and be raised again the third day." (Matthew 16:21) In verse 22, Peter took him and began to rebuke him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!”

Before his death, Jesus told the twelve that he had to die and that he would rise on the third day, yet the disciples were ignorant of its meaning at that time. “Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem... And they shall scourge him and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hidden from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken. (Luke 18:331-34).

After his crucifixion, instead of anxiously waiting his resurrection, the apostles were still ignorant, disheartened at the death of their redeemer, and did not even at first believe the testimony of his resurrection. (Mark 16:14, Luke 24:19-24) It was not until after his resurrection that Jesus appeared to the apostles and opened their understanding. (Luke 24:44-47)

Acts 16:14 - Now a certain woman named Lydia heard us. She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul. While the Word is the means of communicating that which is to be believed, the additional unseen work of the Holy Spirit is necessary for being “born from above.”

Paul referred to his preaching as being “in the demonstration of the Spirit and of power.” (1 Corinthians 2:4). Reading on from verse 5 - so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power. 6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Back
Top Bottom