Worshipping The Son

praise_yeshua

We have an example of worship in Rev 19:10 that clearly establish the actions of a worshipper.

Rev 19:10 Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Notice the writer is forbidden to "worship" him.....

Notice in contrast the actions of Christ....

Mar 7:24 And from thence he arose, and went into the borders of Tyre and Sidon, and entered into an house, and would have no man know it: but he could not be hid.
Mar 7:25 For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet:
Mar 7:26 The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.
Mar 7:27 But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.
Mar 7:28 And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.
Mar 7:29 And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.
Mar 7:30 And when she was come to her house, she found the devil gone out, and her daughter laid upon the bed.

Notice the women. A Gentile "dog".
Notice the actions. She fell at His feet.
Notice the challenging words of Christ. I'm not here for you....
Notice how she continue to humbly worship.....
Notice the prayer... Lord please help me.
Notice the answer..... An answer that many did not get that desperately desired it.

So we have Jesus being worshipped. We have Jesus receiving prayer. We have Jesus doing what only God can do......

Sure looks wonderful to me. Oh what a Savior.

Is there more....

Luk 7:37 And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,
Luk 7:38 And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.

Weeping. Washing dirt feet with the teary hair of a desperate women.

If Jesus is just a "fellow servant" like the Christian Unitarian insist..... Then wouldn't Jesus had been wrong not to stop these people from worshipping Him. I know I sure do worship Him and you Christian Unitarians insist I've fabricated an idol.

I tell you what, I take Him any day over ANY of you. He is so wonderful to me.

Was David wrong for not stopping the people from worshipping him?

I will agree that many of the above instances might fall under a mere respect or deference for an earthly authority.

However, I don't believe you can ever sustain that King David received this kind of worship, his wings would burn off:

13 Then I heard every creature– in heaven, on earth, under the earth, in the sea, and all that is in them– singing: "To the one seated on the throne and to the Lamb be praise, honor, glory, and ruling power forever and ever!"
14 And the four living creatures were saying "Amen," and the elders threw themselves to the ground and worshiped. (Rev. 5:13-14 NET)

Speaking about what worship looks like, did Jesus worship his God?

This boils down to God worshiping himself, and of course, normally this would not happen.

But since God would deign to take the vicarious role of a creature to stand in place of a fallen race, he fulfills every command from that role.

It is not impossible—if God wanted to do so—for him to worship himself.

That is limiting God.

He said, "Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Take this cup away from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will." (Mk. 14:36 NET)

I will agree that many of the above instances might fall under a mere respect or deference for an earthly authority.

However, I don't believe you can ever sustain that King David received this kind of worship, his wings would burn off:

13 Then I heard every creature– in heaven, on earth, under the earth, in the sea, and all that is in them– singing: "To the one seated on the throne and to the Lamb be praise, honor, glory, and ruling power forever and ever!"
14 And the four living creatures were saying "Amen," and the elders threw themselves to the ground and worshiped. (Rev. 5:13-14 NET)

I was alluding to 1 Chronicles 29:20.

This boils down to God worshiping himself, and of course, normally this would not happen.

God doesn’t worship himself. God is worshipped by others - those who are not God.

But since God would deign to take the vicarious role of a creature to stand in place of a fallen race, he fulfills every command from that role.

It is not impossible—if God wanted to do so—for him to worship himself.

Is there something in scripture which leads you to believe that Gosd wants to worship himself?

That is limiting God.

He said, "Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Take this cup away from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will." (Mk. 14:36 NET)

I discussed this with @civic yesterday.

And Jesus answered and said to him, "Get behind Me, Satan!
For it is written,`You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.'" (Lk. 4:8 NKJ)

Yes. The devil was tempting Jesus to worship him. Jesus refused to worship the devil. Jesus worshipped Yahweh, his God.

1 Chronicles 29:20

David was not being worshiped.
Only God was being worshiped.

1 Chronicles 29:20
And David said to all the congregation, Now bless the LORD your God. And all the congregation blessed the LORD God of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped the LORD, and the king. (KJV)

There are other passages in 2 Chronicles that use the same construction which demonstrate that only God is rendered worship.

2 Chronicles 31:8
When Hezekiah and the rulers came and saw the heaps, they blessed the LORD and His people Israel.
Blessing the Lord means offering Him worship, but that doesn't mean Hezekiah and the rulers rendered worship unto the people of Israel.

2 Chronicles 35:3
He also said to the Levites who taught all Israel and who were holy to the LORD, Put the holy ark in the house which Solomon the son of David king of Israel built; it will be a burden on your shoulders no longer. Now serve the LORD and His people Israel.
To serve the Lord involves worshiping the Lord, but serving people doesn't refer to worshiping people in this passage.

In all three passages (1 Chronicles 29:20; 2 Chronicles 31:8 and 2 Chronicles 35:3) worship is only offered unto God. The others involved receive the benefits of this worship.

Proverbs 24:21
My son, fear the LORD and the king.
To fear the Lord involves worshiping the Lord, but fearing the king doesn't mean to worship the king.

2 Corinthians 8:5
and this, not as we had expected, but they first gave themselves to the Lord and to us by the will of God.
Giving oneself to the Lord falls into the realm of worship, but this is not true concerning giving oneself to others in this passage.

Last edited:
Want to worship God? What’s the Hebrew word? Shachah.

Want to worship David? What’s the Hebrew word? Shachah.

Want to worship an idol? What’s the Hebrew word? Shachah.

Want to worship the devil? What’s the Hebrew word? Shachah.

Want to worship a pagan king? What’s the Hebrew word? Shachah.

Want to worship anyone, anything, everything? What’s the Hebrew word? Shachah.

Want to worship the only God whom the Messiah himself worships? What the Hebrew word? Shachah.

Want to worship the Messiah himself? What’s the Hebrew word? Shachah.

Shachah. Hebrew word of the day.

P.S.

For my trinitarian friends: Want to worship the Trinity? What’s the Hebrew word? Shachah.

Last edited:
Want to worship God? What’s the Hebrew word? Shachah.
Proper Worship.

Want to worship David? What’s the Hebrew word? Shachah.
Not worship.

Want to worship an idol? What’s the Hebrew word? Shachah.

Improper worship.

I can ask Jesus (John 14:14) or the Father (John 15:16) for something and that would be worshiping them, but asking another person as in Acts 9:2 is not worshiping them.

Meanwhile, the elephant in the room is the only God whom Jesus of Nazareth worships.

It isn’t the Trinity. Jesus of Nazareth isn’t a trinitarian.

Jesus of Nazareth ascended to his God. His God is only one person - the Father.

A person whose God is only one person is by definition, as virtually any trinitarian knows and is able to confirm, a unitarian.

Jesus of Nazareth ascended to his God. His God is only one person - the Father.

A person whose God is only one person is by definition, as virtually any trinitarian is able to confirm, a unitarian.

More ramblings.

You abandoned your atrocious arguments and so-called evidence for obvious reasons.

The same tactic I am used to from you.
Nothing has changed.

Back
Top Bottom