Why do you suppose Jesus chose Saul aka Paul to be the Apostle to the Gentiles?

L.A.M.B.

Saul was a student of Gamaliel, a Pharisee,a doctor of the law. Acts 5 speaks of Gamaliel as a man held in high esteem by all the Jews. Saul was taught well the letter of the law by this teacher. He was even present at the stoning of Stephen, where the men lay their clothes at his feet. Acts 7:54-59.

We can read in Acts 9 1-2 where he went before the high priest desiring letters to bind any who loved the Lord and bring them before the council
for threats and even slaughtering.

Jesus had other plans for this man and we can see further in this chapter how he was converted from a devout Pharisee unto a blind man; 13-15.

These are the Lord's words to Ananias of Damascus, in Acts V [15 ] But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

I, myself, think Paul penned it best in Corinthians.

1 Corinthians 1:24-27

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

God is still in this business of choosing the foolish things to confound those whom seem to be the wise.
1 Corinthians 1:18-31
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved IT IS THE POWER OF GOD.
...........................please continue reading.

What are your thoughts ?

Saul was a student of Gamaliel, a Pharisee,a doctor of the law. Acts 5 speaks of Gamaliel as a man held in high esteem by all the Jews. Saul was taught well the letter of the law by this teacher. He was even present at the stoning of Stephen, where the men lay their clothes at his feet. Acts 7:54-59.

We can read in Acts 9 1-2 where he went before the high priest desiring letters to bind any who loved the Lord and bring them before the council
for threats and even slaughtering.

Jesus had other plans for this man and we can see further in this chapter how he was converted from a devout Pharisee unto a blind man; 13-15.

These are the Lord's words to Ananias of Damascus, in Acts V [15 ] But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

I, myself, think Paul penned it best in Corinthians.

1 Corinthians 1:24-27

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

God is still in this business of choosing the foolish things to confound those whom seem to be the wise.
1 Corinthians 1:18-31
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved IT IS THE POWER OF GOD.
...........................please continue reading.

What are your thoughts ?
Evidence of Paul's election is that he comes from and is very must influenced by both of his Jewish and Greek backgrounds. He was educated in both environments. Both worlds are both perfectly aligned in his mind so he's the perfect spokesman of the Gospel for both cultures.

Paul wrote directly to Hellenized Greek-speaking Jews and Gentiles who had recently converted to Christianity. The Hellenized Greek speaking Jews were also elected by God to be dispersed throughout the Empire and to already possess the Greek OT (LXX) in order to properly assess that Paul's teaching were correct, and to spread the Gospel.

Everything elected aligned perfectly in Paul's life.

op: Jesus Chose Saul/Paul to be the apostle of the Gentiles?

The Most Wonderful Way To Show the lost world How God Can:

Save Even His Worst enemy By His Awesome Grace And Mercy!​
"Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in​
me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering,​
for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on​
Him to life everlasting." (1 Timothy 1:16 AV)​

Amen.

I believe, Jesus chose Paul, because it was for him as a persecutor of the Church, to provide help to the church which would be the bride of Christ, once strong in persecuting now the table turns to him being persecuted along with the other Apostles too, who were directly chosen by Yeshua. As you share, “God chose the weak things, of the world to confound the wise.”

Where Paul was weak, Jesus was his strength.

Peter, used a way by casting lots, between Mattias and another persons. They accepted Mattias, as “a chosen apostle only by lots” and not by Jesus himself, we never see or hear from Mattias ever again.

Back
Top Bottom