What's Love Got To Do With It?

@Jeremiah1five said:-

What it comes down to is this: In the original command God instructed Israel of twelve tribes to love their covenant brethren and their fellow covenant neighbor. Jesus taught His people Israel to obedience to the original command on love and who to love: He commanded them to love those, and only those, in covenant with God. God nor Jesus never commanded His people in covenant to love anyone outside of covenant with God. Never.

But the Gentile church in the past and today teach opposing God and His Christ. They teach Jesus DID change the Law of Moses and that His people - the Christians or Christ followers - are to love the non-covenant or unsaved sinner whose sins are unatoned and outside the family of God. But Jesus didn't change the Law of Moses. The error is the Gentile church who misunderstand the biblical teaching on love and are taught that continuing error from the pulpit that Christians are to love those not in covenant with God or in other words the unsaved.

Now, I have rightly divided the Scripture on the Biblical definition of/on love and now you judge. Am I right?
Or will you as Gentile Christian continue to give that which is Holy (God's love) to dogs (non-covenant, unsaved.)
Will you cast your pearls to swine (unsaved)?
Are you a Christ follower or a Christ opposer.
' For He is our peace,
Who hath made both one,
and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Having abolished in His flesh the enmity,
even the law of commandments contained in ordinances;
for to make in Himself of twain one new man,
so making peace;'
And that He might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross,
having slain the enmity thereby:
And came and preached peace to you which were afar off,
and to them that were nigh.'
(Eph 2:14-17)

Hello @jeremiah1five,

Within the Church which is the Body of Christ there is no such distinction as Jew and Gentile, for the Lord Jesus Christ broke down 'the wall of partition' between them at the cross, thus making peace. We are a joint-body, operating in unity and equality. By dividing us as you are doing, by speaking in terms of a, 'Gentile church', which does not in fact exist, you are thereby destroying the unity which God has created in Christ Jesus, our risen and glorified Saviour, Lord and Head.

*This is the unity that we are to KEEP, this is the peace which Christ Jesus died to achieve:-

(Eph 4:1) I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
(Eph 4:2) With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
(Eph 4:3) Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
(Eph 4:4) There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
(Eph 4:5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
(Eph 4:6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
(Eph 4:7) But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

So please consider your wording.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

that's not the same topic...

also
the darling sweet man
who loves me is not fickle
and neither is God
Yes, and he's still a man.

19 God is not a man, that he should lie; Num. 23:19.

...implying, or should I say, declaring men lie.

But if your husband is faithful good for you.

' For He is our peace,
Who hath made both one,
and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Having abolished in His flesh the enmity,
even the law of commandments contained in ordinances;
for to make in Himself of twain one new man,
so making peace;'
And that He might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross,
having slain the enmity thereby:
And came and preached peace to you which were afar off,
and to them that were nigh.'
(Eph 2:14-17)

Hello @jeremiah1five,

Within the Church which is the Body of Christ there is no such distinction as Jew and Gentile, for the Lord Jesus Christ broke down 'the wall of partition' between them at the cross, thus making peace. We are a joint-body, operating in unity and equality. By dividing us as you are doing, by speaking in terms of a, 'Gentile church', which does not in fact exist, you are thereby destroying the unity which God has created in Christ Jesus, our risen and glorified Saviour, Lord and Head.

*This is the unity that we are to KEEP, this is the peace which Christ Jesus died to achieve:-

(Eph 4:1) I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
(Eph 4:2) With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
(Eph 4:3) Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
(Eph 4:4) There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
(Eph 4:5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
(Eph 4:6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
(Eph 4:7) But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

So please consider your wording.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Being in Christ does not mean being in covenant.

Christ is a word that means "anointing" and "anointing implies [oil] or spiritual.

Even God would not violate His covenant with Abraham and his seed (Jews/Hebrews.)

The covenant is with Abram the Hebrew and his seed, a people later to be identified as Jews.

Gentiles (non-Jews) are not Abraham's seed. They are born of Ham and Japheth and circumcision separated both peoples. The Jews, a people God has helped continually, and Gentiles who are nothing and vanity in His 'eyes.'

17 All nations before him are as nothing;
And they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity.
Isaiah 40:17.

But the whole of the Hebrew Scripture (66 books) was written for the Hebrew people to cocument their history with the Creator of the universe. Gentiles have no Scripture because they have no covenant nor working salvation history with God.
Actually, God destroys all the enemies of Israel (Gentiles) and all are consumed with fire or destroyed utterly for touching His anointed and the apple of His eye.

6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
8 But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.
9 Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;
Dt 7:5–9.

Israel is a holy people. Gentiles have stolen this for themselves.
Israel is a chosen people; Gentiles have stolen this for themselves.
Israel is above all the OTHER people on the earth. Gentiles have stolen this.
God made oath to Israel many times; Gentiles take the Hebrew Scriptures and substitute the word Gentiles and stolen the Scripture.
Israel obeys the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; but Gentiles do not obey God's nor Christ's commandments and His commandments are the Torah.

This is the fate of those that do not obey God's Torah/commandments:

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Rev. 22:14–15.

And since Israel will finally occupy their Promised Land without Gentiles among them that leaves some sort of unatoned Gentiles living in the four corners of the earth. Here's what happens to them.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Rev. 20:7–10.

Gentiles - possibly "saved" Gentiles will be consumed by fire for following their god Satan to attack God's real holy people (Deut. 7) but again, as in the past God fights for Israel and judgment is dispensed.
Extreme judgment.
So, if Israel is finally occupying their land who are these nations? Unsaved/ "saved"? But they ARE definitely Gentiles (non-Hebrew.)
Do you have Hebrew blood in you? Because only Hebrews will reign with God for ever.
Seems to me at this point in my knowledge only Hebrews (Abrahamic, Mosaic, New) covenantal people are protected. Non-covenant not so much. But I'm still studying. If I find something that contradicts the revealed Word to date, I'll keep you posted.

Yes, and he's still a man.

19 God is not a man, that he should lie; Num. 23:19.

...implying, or should I say, declaring men lie.

But if your husband is faithful good for you.
you do understand, no, that when you love and adore someone, then there is no 'effort' or struggle...so the term faithful...is just a synonym for the FEELINGS.

The only reason, here on this earth, men and women struggle to be faithful to anything is that we are IN the sin realm, the carnal world, and its fleshmind and this flesh body, which is at war with God and which He did not create.

The soul herself, adoring God, would need no concept of discipline, since her ONLY and DIRECT Desire IS God....

that said, some here are NOT from God... that is, esau. And esau of course does everything to get us to follow his program, which is this earth, this flesh, this fleshmind... None of this is God's.

Try to imagine a PERFECT Creation He declared Good.

His perfect creation and His sons and daughters THERE, have NOTHING to do with this earth and this body that came LATER.

For this place is OBVIOUSLY NOT good.

He declared HIS CREATION Good..
Not the current disaster rendered by adam and his esau henchmen.

For Good reason Christ said He is not from here..

this earth and its type flesh body is an IDOL.

Yet, christians worship it AS IF it was God's creation.
sad.

Subject heading :- What's Love Got To Do With It?
Precious friends, please be Very Richly Encouraged and Edified:

"Start talking about love, and many men are ready to look for the TV remote or some other form
of exit from the conversation. That’s because when it comes to the concept of love, even the love
described in the Bible, many people associate it with feelings, and men generally don’t like talking
about feelings. But is love a feeling?

I do not believe love, biblically speaking, is a feeling. Instead, love is a critical doctrine of Scripture
and is of such importance that it seems inconceivable that such a great doctrine would be rested
upon emotion.

The Bible emphasizes the idea of love as an act of selflessness and sacrifice. It teaches that true
love goes beyond fleeting emotions and requires intentional commitment. Love, from a biblical
standpoint, involves purposely showing kindness, compassion, and forgiveness toward others,
regardless of how our feelings are at the moment. Many marriages have needlessly ended under
the excuse, 'I don’t love him/her anymore.'

''I am persuaded that love and humility are the highest attainments in the school of Christ
and the brightest evidences that He is indeed our Master.'' —John Newton

What is Love?

Love might seem simple enough to define, but trying to do so in one sentence or even
one paragraph is as futile as trying to describe God in such a limited space. No “law of first
mention” could be used to describe God or love. If, as that great hymn says,

'The love of God is greater far than tongue or pen can ever tell.
It goes beyond the highest star, and reaches to the lowest hell.'​

...“The love of God is greater far than tongue or pen can ever tell. It goes
beyond the highest star, and reaches to the lowest hell.”

...then indeed, any chance at understanding love requires the whole Scripture. Paul’s prayer for
the Ephesians was that they

“May be able to comprehend… And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge”​
(Eph. 3:18,19).​

If God is love (cf. 1 John 4:8,16; 2 Cor. 13:11), then it follows that we must know God to know love.
Thus, love should only be understood in the same way that God should be understood, and that’s
through the complete revelation that God gave us of Himself, and that requires the entire Bible..."
(D Hosfeld)
'Hereby perceive we the love of God,
because He laid down His life for us:
and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.'

(1Jn 3:16)

Praise God!

you do understand, no, that when you love and adore someone, then there is no 'effort' or struggle...so the term faithful...is just a synonym for the FEELINGS.
It is not synonymous with feelings.
The only reason, here on this earth, men and women struggle to be faithful to anything is that we are IN the sin realm, the carnal world, and its fleshmind and this flesh body, which is at war with God and which He did not create.
Of course He created sinful beings. Where else did it come from but God. He created everything in existence.

7 I form the light, and create darkness:
I make peace, and create evil:
I the LORD do all these things.
Isaiah 45:7.
The soul herself, adoring God, would need no concept of discipline, since her ONLY and DIRECT Desire IS God....

that said, some here are NOT from God... that is, esau. And esau of course does everything to get us to follow his program, which is this earth, this flesh, this fleshmind... None of this is God's.
Esau is the seed of Abraham and enjoyed his own blessings from God.
Try to imagine a PERFECT Creation He declared Good.
The word "good" merely means "good enough" or "to specifications." It's like saying "good" after you cook a good meal after following instructions or a "good" job done.
His perfect creation and His sons and daughters THERE, have NOTHING to do with this earth and this body that came LATER.
Sin does not come from perfection. Sin comes from sinners and Adam and the woman were already sinners BEFORE they ate from the tree.
For this place is OBVIOUSLY NOT good.
No, not morally, but it is good in the sense that God's creation was created good enough for His need and purposes.
He declared HIS CREATION Good..
Not the current disaster rendered by adam and his esau henchmen.
See above.

It is not synonymous with feelings.

Of course He created sinful beings. Where else did it come from but God. He created everything in existence.

7 I form the light, and create darkness:
I the LORD do all these things.
Isaiah 45:7.

Esau is the seed of Abraham and enjoyed his own blessings from God.

The word "good" merely means "good enough" or "to specifications." It's like saying "good" after you cook a good meal after following instructions or a "good" job done.

Sin does not come from perfection. Sin comes from sinners and Adam and the woman were already sinners BEFORE they ate from the tree.

No, not morally, but it is good in the sense that God's creation was created good enough for His need and purposes.

See above.
Nothing evil comes from God.

Nothing evil comes from God.
'I form the light, and create darkness:
I the LORD do all these things.'

(Isa 45:7)

Hello @e v e: & @jeremiah1five

I remember looking this up in my Bible some time ago, and read in the marginal notes, that the words 'create evil' in the Hebrew, requires the rendering, 'bring about'. 'Evil' (H7451), a word of wide meaning; it's sense has to be determined by it's context. Here, it means 'disturbance' in contrast with 'peace; . The word translated 'evil' here is never rendered 'sin'. God brings calamity about as the inevitable consequence of sin. It is rendered 'calamity' in Psa. 141:5; 'adversity' in 1 Sam. 10:19; 'grief' in Neh. 2:10; 'affliction' in Num.11:11; also, 'misery', 'trouble', and so on. All a consequence of sin.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:

I remember looking this up in my Bible some time ago, and read in the marginal notes, that the words 'create evil' in the Hebrew, requires the rendering, 'bring about'. 'Evil' (H7451), a word of wide meaning; it's sense has to be determined by it's context. Here, it means 'disturbance' in contrast with 'peace; . The word translated 'evil' here is never rendered 'sin'. God brings calamity about as the inevitable consequence of sin. It is rendered 'calamity' in Psa. 141:5; 'adversity' in 1 Sam. 10:19; 'grief' in Neh. 2:10; 'affliction' in Num.11:11; also, 'misery', 'trouble', and so on. All a consequence of sin.

our Lord and Head.
Chris
The word "create" in Isaiah 45:7 is the word "bara" and it is used only of God and His creating. It is found in Genesis narrative of creation. It also means creating something out of nothing which is what occurred when God created (tohu) man out of something: dirt.
Thus, God is the Author of sin and evil.
When you finally accept there is only ONE God,
there is NONE like Him,
and He gives His glory (holiness, sinlessness, etc.), to NO ONE, then you will understand His creating man sinful.

our Lord and Head.
Chris

the real situation is that God only does good and only brings about Good. zero evil.

Destroying Sodom for example = very Good.

This is often not clear because of contextual confusion (=mistranslation and mistranscribing) as to what Sodom really is (satanic place that was never on this earth) and where sodom is (the other reality).

@Grace ambassador,
''I am persuaded that love and humility are the highest attainments in the school of Christ

'Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory;
but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:'

(Php 2:3-5)

Hello @Grace ambassador,

Thank you for the quotation (above). :)

While going through this thread that you began, into my mind came the widow woman of Zarephath (1 Kings 17:8-24), for no other reason than that she gave of her all: as the widow woman did also whom our Lord Jesus Christ applauded in (Mark 12:41-44): and in (1 Chron 11:17-19) also we read of three mighty men who risked their lives to bring David water from the well at Jerusalem, risking their very lives, out of love for him. In all three examples that the Lord has brought to my mind, it is sacrificial action that is the hallmark of each one.

In the narrative concerning the widow of Zarephath, Elijah is told that God had already gone before and commanded a widow woman there 'to sustain him'. She herself was in dire straights, and had a son to support, yet she believed God's words spoken by Elijah, and acted accordingly by faith: Consequently, by doing so she saved Elijah's life, her own and that of her son also:- Love in action, borne of faith. brings it's own reward.

Sacrificial love in each case: Like that of our Lord Jesus Christ who came into the world, leaving His glory behind: Who, finding Himself in fashion as a man, humbled Himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. (Phil. 2:8):-
' Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him,
and given Him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.'

(Php 2:9-11)

Praise His Holy Name!

Chris

Last edited:
@Complete and @Grace ambassador

Quote: Grace ambassador:

False.

The highest attainment for men is OBEDIENCE.

@Complete and @Grace ambassador

Quote: Grace ambassador:

False.

The highest attainment for men is OBEDIENCE.
'Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,
and have not charity,
I am become as sounding brass,
or a tinkling cymbal.'

(1Cor. 13:1)

Hello @jeremiah1five,

Faith obedience is to believe the gospel of God concerning His Son the Lord Jesus Christ in all it's fulness, and to walk accordingly, by reckoning by faith as God reckons and being thankful: but without love towards God, and by Him towards others, we are but resounding gongs and tinkling cymbals - merely a noise and an irritation, and in nothing giving glory to God.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom