What's Love Got To Do With It?

Men cannot abrogate God's Word.
Jesus Himself said, "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled" Mt 5:18.

All has NOT been fulfilled. There is still Revelation of John that needs fulfilling as well as many prophecies in the Old Covenant.
But God himself can

And he established a new covenant

Sorry, but the New Testament is scripture. The old covenant has been abolished

And here is the New Testament affirmation

Ephesians 2:13–19 (NASB 2020) — 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who previously were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, 15 by abolishing in His flesh the hostility, which is the Law composed of commandments expressed in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two one new person, in this way establishing peace; 16 and that He might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the hostility. 17 AND HE CAME AND PREACHED PEACE TO YOU WHO WERE FAR AWAY, AND PEACE TO THOSE WHO WERE NEAR; 18 for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household,

and

Acts 15:13–17 (KJV 1900) — 13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me: 14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. 15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, 16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: 17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

But God himself can

And he established a new covenant

Sorry, but the New Testament is scripture. The old covenant has been abolished

And here is the New Testament affirmation

Ephesians 2:13–19 (NASB 2020) — 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who previously were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, 15 by abolishing in His flesh the hostility, which is the Law composed of commandments expressed in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two one new person, in this way establishing peace; 16 and that He might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the hostility. 17 AND HE CAME AND PREACHED PEACE TO YOU WHO WERE FAR AWAY, AND PEACE TO THOSE WHO WERE NEAR; 18 for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household,

and

Acts 15:13–17 (KJV 1900) — 13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me: 14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. 15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, 16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: 17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.
The New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-34 is between God and Abraham's seed. Hebrews from both the ten northern tribes (Israel), and the two southern tribes (Judah.)

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
That I will make a new covenant
With the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer. 31:31.

God made no covenant with any non-Hebrew Gentile.
God's Promises are to and for Abraham and his seed, a people identified as the children of Jacob/Israel.

There is no covenant in the Hebrew Scripture documenting God making a covenant to non-Hebrew Gentiles.

The New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-34 is between God and Abraham's seed. Hebrews from both the ten northern tribes (Israel), and the two southern tribes (Judah.)

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
That I will make a new covenant
With the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer. 31:31.

God made no covenant with any non-Hebrew Gentile.
God's Promises are to and for Abraham and his seed, a people identified as the children of Jacob/Israel.

There is no covenant in the Hebrew Scripture documenting God making a covenant to non-Hebrew Gentiles.
And the gentiles were grafted in

and

and

Your belief and interpretation of Saul's words violate what has been written in the Hebrew Scripture, the same Scripture Jesus said cannot be broken.
Nowhere in Scripture are Gentiles called Olive tree. Israel is called Olive tree. Those broken off are the disobedient Israelites that repent and are grafted in again.
There are no non-Hebrew Gentiles in any of the three Hebrew covenants.
Abraham covenant is with Abraham (the Hebrew) and his Hebrew seed.
The Mosaic Covenant is between God and the children of Israel who also is Hebrew by birth and married in the family (Hebrew woman.)
The New Covenant is between God and the Houses of both Israel and Judah.
Notice there are no non-Hebrews in any of these covenants and to add non-Hebrew Gentiles after the fact, after the Word has been written, and after what God has said with regard to the Hebrew people violates the Word of God.
There are NO NON-HEBREW Gentiles in any of the three Hebrew covenants, and since Saul would not violate what has been written and what he has studied as rabbi and Pharisee, it is your interpretation of Saul that is in error.

Your belief and interpretation of Saul's words violate what has been written in the Hebrew Scripture, the same Scripture Jesus said cannot be broken.
Nowhere in Scripture are Gentiles called Olive tree. Israel is called Olive tree. Those broken off are the disobedient Israelites that repent and are grafted in again.
There are no non-Hebrew Gentiles in any of the three Hebrew covenants.
Abraham covenant is with Abraham (the Hebrew) and his Hebrew seed.
The Mosaic Covenant is between God and the children of Israel who also is Hebrew by birth and married in the family (Hebrew woman.)
The New Covenant is between God and the Houses of both Israel and Judah.
Notice there are no non-Hebrews in any of these covenants and to add non-Hebrew Gentiles after the fact, after the Word has been written, and after what God has said with regard to the Hebrew people violates the Word of God.
There are NO NON-HEBREW Gentiles in any of the three Hebrew covenants, and since Saul would not violate what has been written and what he has studied as rabbi and Pharisee, it is your interpretation of Saul that is in error.
And you deny the New testament

and

which BTW agrees with the prophets

And you deny the New testament

and

which BTW agrees with the prophets
Gentiles being grafted in is your false interpretation. There is no mention in Scripture of Gentiles called of God an Olive tree. Israel is the Olive tree for God calls them that in Jeremiah's prophecies. God doesn't violate His own Word for that would make God a liar.
And your interpretation makes God to be a liar.

Gentiles being grafted in is your false interpretation. There is no mention in Scripture of Gentiles called of God an Olive tree. Israel is the Olive tree for God calls them that in Jeremiah's prophecies. God doesn't violate His own Word for that would make God a liar.
And your interpretation makes God to be a liar.
Tsk tsk

Romans 11:17 (NASB 2020) — 17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree,

wrong again

Tsk tsk

Romans 11:17 (NASB 2020) — 17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree,

wrong again
There are no non-Hebrew Gentiles in the Abraham Covenant.
So far NO ONE has been able to show me God including, mentioning, or naming non-Hebrew Gentiles in any of the three Hebrew covenants - Abraham, Mosaic, New. You and others ALWAYS quote Saul which if you were honest with Scripture - and you are not honest at all - would mean Saul is contradicting Scripture but that's not what he does. As a rabbi and Pharisee, he knew the three Hebrew covenants do not include non-Hebrew Gentiles for there are no non-Hebrew Gentiles included in any of the three Hebrew Covenants which means your Gentile mindset biased interpretation is where the error is.

There are no non-Hebrew Gentiles in the Abraham Covenant.
So far NO ONE has been able to show me God including, mentioning, or naming non-Hebrew Gentiles in any of the three Hebrew covenants - Abraham, Mosaic, New. You and others ALWAYS quote Saul which if you were honest with Scripture - and you are not honest at all - would mean Saul is contradicting Scripture but that's not what he does. As a rabbi and Pharisee, he knew the three Hebrew covenants do not include non-Hebrew Gentiles for there are no non-Hebrew Gentiles included in any of the three Hebrew Covenants which means your Gentile mindset biased interpretation is where the error is.
Um this post was about your false claim the gentiles are not called an olive tree

The New Testament you ignore proves your claim above is an error as already seen in another thread

The gentiles a wild olive tree is grafted into the olive tree which is Israel

Um this post was about your false claim the gentiles are not called an olive tree

The New Testament you ignore proves your claim above is an error as already seen in another thread

The gentiles a wild olive tree is grafted into the olive tree which is Israel
NOWHERE in the Hebrew Scriptures which are the basis of the New Covenant in Christ does God ever call Gentiles an Olive tree let alone a wild Olive tree.
It's not in the bible.

NOWHERE in the Hebrew Scriptures which are the basis of the New Covenant in Christ does God ever call Gentiles an Olive tree let alone a wild Olive tree.
It's not in the bible.
Well unfortunately for you, the Old Testament does not exhaust the extent of the scriptures

The New Testament identifies the gentiles a wild olive tree which is grafted into the olive tree which is Israel

Well unfortunately for you, the Old Testament does not exhaust the extent of the scriptures

The New Testament identifies the gentiles a wild olive tree which is grafted into the olive tree which is Israel
The Old Testament is the Word of God. In Jeremiah God calls Israel an Olive tree and it makes good sense that those Israelites who are disobedient are broken off and when they become obedient are grafted in again. But there is NO SCRIPTURE in which God calls Gentiles an Olive tree let alone a "wild" Olive tree. Even half-Jew, half-Gentile would be considered Olive tree, but Gentiles are NOT God's Olive tree. The Olive tree represents the nation of Israel and NOT Gentiles. Get your doctrine in order. Your error is showing.

The Old Testament is the Word of God. In Jeremiah God calls Israel an Olive tree and it makes good sense that those Israelites who are disobedient are broken off and when they become obedient are grafted in again. But there is NO SCRIPTURE in which God calls Gentiles an Olive tree let alone a "wild" Olive tree. Even half-Jew, half-Gentile would be considered Olive tree, but Gentiles are NOT God's Olive tree. The Olive tree represents the nation of Israel and NOT Gentiles. Get your doctrine in order. Your error is showing.
So is the New Testament

Back
Top Bottom