Understanding........

I have endless family members in the ground rotting. Worms eating their flesh and destroying their beautiful faces. We all have the dead. You have plenty of family members in the grave that didn't suffer through the Holocaust. We all do. We are all brethren in Adam. All of us. We all die. Nothing that dies is worth having. Only Eternal things remain.

That is your issue. You find uniqueness in your tragedies and your leaders feed that narrative to you. It needs to be discussed. If you ask me to leave it alone. I will. Is that what you're asking me?
Yes, because you are insensitive and you know not what you are talking about. I was about 8 years old when Corrie Ten Boom came to stay with us while she was speaking at our church. I heard the horror stories unimaginable about the holocaust and survival. It seems you like to put Jews down for whatever reason. Maybe you feel threaten or insecure by them. You are always trying to scrutinize me for whatever reason for a put down. You need to put the legalism and your hypocrisy behind you. Those attributes are not Christian or Christ like. If you don't I will put you on ignore so I don't have to see your replies. You are boring and your make believe stuff is getting old. Surely you have something better to do than pick on a Messianic Jew like me.

Yes, because you are insensitive and you know not what you are talking about. I was about 8 years old when Corrie Ten Boom came to stay with us while she was speaking at our church. I heard the horror stories unimaginable about the holocaust and survival. It seems you like to put Jews down for whatever reason.

You misunderstand me. I care enough to tell you the Truth. I'm not putting you down. Just making all men equal.

Maybe you feel threaten or insecure by them. You are always trying to scrutinize me for whatever reason for a put down. You need to put the legalism and your hypocrisy behind you. Those attributes are not Christian or Christ like. If you don't I will put you on ignore so I don't have to see your replies. You are boring and your make believe stuff is getting old. Surely you have something better to do than pick on a Messianic Jew like me.

I remind you that you targeted my comments that I made some time ago to another. You told me how bad I was. I didn't start our conversation. I defended myself and my beliefs. I will leave you alone. Blessings to you. Shalom.

You misunderstand me. I care enough to tell you the Truth. I'm not putting you down. Just making all men equal.

I remind you that you targeted my comments that I made some time ago to another. You told me how bad I was. I didn't start our conversation. I defended myself and my beliefs. I will leave you alone. Blessings to you. Shalom.
I already know the Truth. Truth is objective not subjective. I profoundly apologize for my offensive comments to you that caused pain and anguish. I was totally wrong to do that.
I detected some antisemitism in your conversation towards me and started to defend myself. I really don't know you, so I don't know if you are a bad person or not.
I hope you are my brother in Yeshua. You also don't know me either. I'm surrounded where I live with antisemitism. I'm afraid to wear my Messianic Yeshua tee shirt out in public for the fear of being attacked or possibly killed. Some of your beliefs don't align with mine, but that's OK. Everyone has the right to their beliefs.
SheElohim yevarach otha

I already know the Truth. Truth is objective not subjective. I profoundly apologize for my offensive comments to you that caused pain and anguish. I was totally wrong to do that.
I detected some antisemitism in your conversation towards me and started to defend myself. I really don't know you, so I don't know if you are a bad person or not.
I hope you are my brother in Yeshua. You also don't know me either. I'm surrounded where I live with antisemitism. I'm afraid to wear my Messianic Yeshua tee shirt out in public for the fear of being attacked or possibly killed. Some of your beliefs don't align with mine, but that's OK. Everyone has the right to their beliefs.
SheElohim yevarach otha
Trust me he's a good egg and I've never known him to be anti-Semitic. Our main goal here at BAM is to respect each other's opinions And beliefs.

Trust me he's a good egg and I've never known him to be anti-Semitic. Our main goal here at BAM is to respect each other's opinions And beliefs.
I totally agree with you on your goal here at BAM. You have an awesome forum that stimulates biblical thinking. I have made my sincere apology to him in hope that he receives it in the spirit that it was given. I know I am different from most of your members on here due to my Messianic Judaism and being a Jew. I tend to look at things biblically from that lense. I strongly value relationships with people no matter if they are Jew or Gentile. I am looking forward to respectful and courteous dialog with your members. Thank you for your insightful help in this matter.

I totally agree with you on your goal here at BAM. You have an awesome forum that stimulates biblical thinking. I have made my sincere apology to him in hope that he receives it in the spirit that it was given. I know I am different from most of your members on here due to my Messianic Judaism and being a Jew. I tend to look at things biblically from that lense. I strongly value relationships with people no matter if they are Jew or Gentile. I am looking forward to respectful and courteous dialog with your members. Thank you for your insightful help in this matter.
He understands where you're coming from and it's all good. I'm sure I told you before we value your input. We definitely want to stimulate some biblical thinking here. One of the books my wife and I read this morning in our daily devotion was about being positive there's a couple of lines in in it really stuck out to me.

I think all Christians should understand God's love for Israel and that he Has their back. I'll take a look at our forums List of topics and see what we have on Israel and maybe we can get some discussion going there. After all no matter what nationality you are if you're a Christian that's our roots. If I find something I'll start a post if not I'll make a category for it.

He understands where you're coming from and it's all good. I'm sure I told you before we value your input. We definitely want to stimulate some biblical thinking here. One of the books my wife and I read this morning in our daily devotion was about being positive there's a couple of lines in in it really stuck out to me.

I think all Christians should understand God's love for Israel and that he Has their back. I'll take a look at our forums List of topics and see what we have on Israel and maybe we can get some discussion going there. After all no matter what nationality you are if you're a Christian that's our roots. If I find something I'll start a post if not I'll make a category for it.
sounds like a plan!! Thank you

Verse 14 says the "cannot" understand.
Paul contrasts the "natural person" (ψυχικὸς ἄνθρωπος) with the spiritual person. The natural person "does not accept" (οὐ δέχεται) and "is not able" (οὐ δύναται) to understand spiritual things, indicating an inherent incapacity without the Spirit's work.

Paul contrasts the "natural person" (ψυχικὸς ἄνθρωπος) with the spiritual person. The natural person "does not accept" (οὐ δέχεται) and "is not able" (οὐ δύναται) to understand spiritual things, indicating an inherent incapacity without the Spirit's work.
With all due respect I still think you're missing what you should consider about this. OK it's talking about a natural minded person who chooses to stay as such. If he chooses to stay as such you're not going to understand spiritual things because you're choosing not to accept them by faith. You're choosing to allow the natural mind or way of thinking to govern your assessment of the truth.

What about those that were spiritual and still couldn't? The carnal babies in Christ?

With all due respect I still think you're missing what you should consider about this. OK it's talking about a natural minded person who chooses to stay as such. If he chooses to stay as such you're not going to understand spiritual things because you're choosing not to accept them by faith. You're choosing to allow the natural mind or way of thinking to govern your assessment of the truth.
I'm all for correction brother-no pride nor imposing my "will" upon anyone to conform to what I believe-problem is, the Greek says otherwise. Here and elsewhere in Scripture-what is the condition of the heart according to Scriptures @Rockson?

This is where I wish I had an Accordance Bible Software and have a face to face chat with you-I believe you still have the Scripture references I gave you? We have to be real honest with ourselves and to what stands written. The working of the Holy Spirit is seldomly mentioned, almost as if He has no part in our regeneration
Did you give Corrie a listen on the parable of the four soils?

Later.
Johann.

Last edited:
I'm all for correction brother-no pride nor imposing my "will" upon anyone to conform to what I believe-problem is, the Greek says otherwise. Here and elsewhere in Scripture-what is the condition of the heart according to Scriptures @Rockson?

This is where I wish I had an Accordance Bible Software and have a face to face chat with you-I believe you still have the Scripture references I gave you? We have to be real honest with ourselves and to what stands written. The working of the Holy Spirit is seldomly mentioned, almost as if He has no part in our regeneration
Did you give Corrie a listen on the parable of the four soils?

Later.
Johann.
Are we honest about who the audience is? The audience is regenerated believers and it is addressed to them. It's them that must not forsake the Spirit which will cause them to become a natural man.

Again the reference is to the hidden things in the mind of God not that which has been revealed

John 1:6–7 (KJV 1900) — 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

John the apostle believes the testimony of John the Baptist is sufficient for faith.

John 5:45–47 (KJV 1900) — 45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

John 4:39 (KJV 1900) — 39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

How much exegesis is needed to see men believed based upon the woman's testimony

John 17:20 (KJV 1900) — 20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

men will be able to believe based on the apostle's testimony

Acts 19:8 (ESV) — 8 And he entered the synagogue and for three months spoke boldly, reasoning and persuading them about the kingdom of God.

Paul persauded men concerning the Kingdom of God

Acts 17:2–4 (ESV) — 2 And Paul went in, as was his custom, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 explaining and proving that it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead, and saying, “This Jesus, whom I proclaim to you, is the Christ.” 4 And some of them were persuaded and joined Paul and Silas, as did a great many of the devout Greeks and not a few of the leading women.

Convincing them Jesus was the Christ

Acts 28:23–24 (KJV 1900) — 23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. 24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

Even the preaching of the old testament is sufficient

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

The reading of scripture is sufficient for belief

2 Timothy 3:15 (NIV) — 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3:4–11 (NIV) — 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. 7 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. 8 Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. 10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.

As is the preaching of it.

Romans 10:10–17 (KJV 1900) — 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Acts 28:23–24 (KJV 1900) — 23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. 24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

Again the reference is to the hidden things in the mind of God not that which has been revealed

"Paul contrasts the 'natural person' (ψυχικὸς ἄνθρωπος) with the spiritual person."​

• Paul distinguishes between two types of individuals: the "natural person" (often translated as the "unspiritual person" or "person without the Spirit") and the "spiritual person." The former refers to someone who is governed by their natural human inclinations and faculties, while the latter refers to someone who is guided and empowered by the Holy Spirit.

2. "The natural person 'does not accept' (οὐ δέχεται) and 'is not able' (οὐ δύναται) to understand spiritual things..."​

• The natural person, lacking the guidance and illumination of the Holy Spirit, is unable to fully comprehend or accept the things of the Spirit. This incapacity stems from their reliance solely on human wisdom and understanding rather than on the revelation and enlightenment provided by the Spirit.

3. "...indicating an inherent incapacity without the Spirit's work."​

• This indicates that without the work of the Holy Spirit, individuals are inherently unable to grasp spiritual truths. Human intellect and reasoning alone are insufficient to comprehend the deep things of God, which require spiritual discernment enabled by the Spirit's illumination.

4. "Again the reference is to the hidden things in the mind of God not that which has been revealed."​

• The passage underscores the distinction between human wisdom and divine wisdom. The "hidden things" in the mind of God refer to truths that are beyond human understanding and can only be revealed by the Spirit. This emphasizes the dependence of believers on the Spirit for insight into God's mysteries.

Summary:​

In summary, 1 Corinthians 2:14 contrasts the natural person, who lacks the spiritual discernment to understand God's truths, with the spiritual person, who is enabled by the Holy Spirit to comprehend and accept spiritual realities. The passage highlights the necessity of the Spirit's work in illuminating believers' minds and hearts to grasp the deep things of God.

Notice you hardly mention the work of the Holy Spirit-just a observation.
Are you into easy believism?

• Context: John the Baptist's testimony about Jesus.
  • Exegesis: John the Baptist is described as a witness sent from God to testify about the Light (Jesus). His purpose is to bear witness to Jesus so that through his testimony, all people might come to believe in Jesus.

John 5:45–47​

• Context: Jesus confronts the Jews who reject Him despite their reliance on Moses.
  • Exegesis: Jesus asserts that if the Jews truly believed Moses, they would also believe in Him because Moses wrote about Him. However, their rejection of Jesus demonstrates their failure to believe Moses' writings, indicating an inherent spiritual blindness.

John 4:39​

• Context: Samaritans believe in Jesus based on the testimony of the woman at the well.
  • Exegesis: Many Samaritans believed in Jesus because of the woman's testimony about Him. Her witness led them to faith in Jesus as the Messiah.

John 17:20​

• Context: Jesus prays for future believers, including those who would come to faith through the testimony of His disciples.
  • Exegesis: Jesus prays not only for His immediate disciples but also for all future believers who would come to faith through their testimony.

Acts 19:8​

• Context: Paul preaching in the synagogue in Ephesus.
  • Exegesis: Paul boldly speaks, reasons, and persuades the Jews concerning the kingdom of God, seeking to convince them of the truth of the gospel message.

Acts 17:2–4​

• Context: Paul reasoning with the Jews in Thessalonica.
  • Exegesis: Paul engages in reasoned discourse, explaining and proving from the Scriptures that Jesus is the Christ. Some Jews and devout Greeks are persuaded and join Paul and Silas.

Acts 28:23–24​

• Context: Paul preaching in Rome, expounding on the kingdom of God from the Law of Moses and the prophets.
  • Exegesis: Paul testifies about the kingdom of God and persuades his audience concerning Jesus, using the Old Testament Scriptures as evidence. Some believe, while others do not.

John 20:31​

• Context: Purpose statement of John's Gospel.
  • Exegesis: John states that the purpose of his Gospel is to provide testimony about Jesus so that readers may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and have life through Him.

2 Timothy 3:15​

• Context: Paul's letter to Timothy.
  • Exegesis: Paul reminds Timothy of the importance of Scripture, which has the power to make one wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3:4–11​

• Context: Paul's letter to the Ephesians.
  • Exegesis: Paul explains that through reading his letter, believers will understand the mystery of Christ, which was revealed to him by the Spirit. This mystery includes the unity of Jews and Gentiles in Christ and the proclamation of the gospel to the world.

Romans 10:10–17​

• Context: Paul's letter to the Romans.
  • Exegesis: Paul emphasizes the importance of preaching the gospel, as faith comes by hearing the word of God. Belief in Jesus and confession of Him as Lord lead to salvation, but this requires hearing the gospel message preached by messengers sent by God.
These passages collectively emphasize the significance of testimony, persuasion, and the proclamation of the gospel message in leading people to faith in Jesus Christ

Last edited:

"Paul contrasts the 'natural person' (ψυχικὸς ἄνθρωπος) with the spiritual person."​

• Paul distinguishes between two types of individuals: the "natural person" (often translated as the "unspiritual person" or "person without the Spirit") and the "spiritual person." The former refers to someone who is governed by their natural human inclinations and faculties, while the latter refers to someone who is guided and empowered by the Holy Spirit.

2. "The natural person 'does not accept' (οὐ δέχεται) and 'is not able' (οὐ δύναται) to understand spiritual things..."​

• The natural person, lacking the guidance and illumination of the Holy Spirit, is unable to fully comprehend or accept the things of the Spirit. This incapacity stems from their reliance solely on human wisdom and understanding rather than on the revelation and enlightenment provided by the Spirit.

3. "...indicating an inherent incapacity without the Spirit's work."​

• This indicates that without the work of the Holy Spirit, individuals are inherently unable to grasp spiritual truths. Human intellect and reasoning alone are insufficient to comprehend the deep things of God, which require spiritual discernment enabled by the Spirit's illumination.

4. "Again the reference is to the hidden things in the mind of God not that which has been revealed."​

• The passage underscores the distinction between human wisdom and divine wisdom. The "hidden things" in the mind of God refer to truths that are beyond human understanding and can only be revealed by the Spirit. This emphasizes the dependence of believers on the Spirit for insight into God's mysteries.

Summary:​

In summary, 1 Corinthians 2:14 contrasts the natural person, who lacks the spiritual discernment to understand God's truths, with the spiritual person, who is enabled by the Holy Spirit to comprehend and accept spiritual realities. The passage highlights the necessity of the Spirit's work in illuminating believers' minds and hearts to grasp the deep things of God.

Notice you hardly mention the work of the Holy Spirit-just a observation.
Are you into easy believism?
Again the reference is that hidden in the mind of God not revealed truth as multiple scriptures show

John 1:6–7 (KJV 1900) — 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

John the apostle believes the testimony of John the Baptist is sufficient for faith.

John 5:45–47 (KJV 1900) — 45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

John 4:39 (KJV 1900) — 39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

How much exegesis is needed to see men believed based upon the woman's testimony

John 17:20 (KJV 1900) — 20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

men will be able to believe based on the apostle's testimony

Acts 19:8 (ESV) — 8 And he entered the synagogue and for three months spoke boldly, reasoning and persuading them about the kingdom of God.

Paul persauded men concerning the Kingdom of God

Acts 17:2–4 (ESV) — 2 And Paul went in, as was his custom, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 explaining and proving that it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead, and saying, “This Jesus, whom I proclaim to you, is the Christ.” 4 And some of them were persuaded and joined Paul and Silas, as did a great many of the devout Greeks and not a few of the leading women.

Convincing them Jesus was the Christ

Even the preaching of the old testament is sufficient

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

The reading of scripture is sufficient for belief

2 Timothy 3:15 (NIV) — 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3:4–11 (NIV) — 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. 7 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. 8 Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. 10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.

As is the preaching of it.

Romans 10:10–17 (KJV 1900) — 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

John 7:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 And many of the people believed on him, and said, When Christ cometh, will he do more miracles than these which this man hath done?

Miracles have power to bring about faith

John 5:36 (KJV 1900) — 36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

John 12:40 (KJV 1900) — 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

God blinded men to prevent their belief. Why would God blind someone who had no ability to see?

Why prevent from believing those who had no capacity for belief

Luke notes had men not grown hardened they could have believed

Acts 28:27 (KJV 1900) — 27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

unregenerate men are shown to receive the word with joy and believe

Luke 8:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

The adversary steals the word away so men will not believe

Luke 8:11–12 (KJV 1900) — 11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

What need is there to steal away a word which cannot be believed?

Regarding the Holy Spirit and the unbeliever - this is his work

John 16:7–11 (ESV) — 7 Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. 8 And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; 10 concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; 11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

Yup, Amen

In context it concerns the hidden things in the mind of God and not the revealed gospel
Nope. As been pointed to you the gospel is hidden to unbelievers, to those who are perishing.

Only the Spirit understands the things of God. No Spirit, no Spiritual understanding.

Back
Top Bottom