The Water Baptism of Cornelius

ERROR did you not READ again, Acts 10:2 "A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway."

now look up devout

101G.

You dodged Acts 11:14. This isn't surprising.

Devout is the Greek word eusebēs which is from sebō - that doesn't necessitate being saved (Acts 16:14).

devout: G2152 εὐσεβής eusebes (ef-se-ɓees') adj.
1. well-reverent.
2. devoutly reverent in attitude, conduct, and deed, i.e. pious, godly.
[from G2095 and G4576]
KJV: devout, godly

and what do God require of us? Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

2. devoutly reverent in attitude, conduct, and deed, i.e. pious, godly. attitude, conduct, and deed ... say what? you're kidding me, praying giving, and also his whole HOUSE? ...... get out of here. no wonder this man and his house was saved.

101G.

Devout is the Greek word eusebēs which is from sebō - that doesn't necessitate being saved (Acts 16:14).
why don't you play for the L.A. dodgers. that's always your excuse, dodged, especially when your question is answered, and U don't like the answer? well stay on the bench.......... :oops: YIKES!

101G.

devout: G2152 εὐσεβής eusebes (ef-se-ɓees') adj.
1. well-reverent.
2. devoutly reverent in attitude, conduct, and deed, i.e. pious, godly.
[from G2095 and G4576]
KJV: devout, godly

and what do God require of us? Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

2. devoutly reverent in attitude, conduct, and deed, i.e. pious, godly. attitude, conduct, and deed ... say what? you're kidding me, praying giving, and also his whole HOUSE? ...... get out of here. no wonder this man and his house was saved.

101G.

The same Greek word is used in Acts 10:7, but that doesn't mean the soldier was already saved.

Acts 10:7
And when the angel who spake unto Cornelius was departed, he called two of his household servants, and a devout soldier of those who waited on him continually.

Last edited:
why don't you play for the L.A. dodgers. that's always your excuse, dodged,

That's what you are doing with Acts 11:14.

Thanks for making that easy for me.

especially when your question is answered, and U don't like the answer?

101G.

It's from the same Greek word. See also my post above where the exact same word is used in Acts 10:7.

Why don't you open your eyes like this? :oops:

Correct Cornelius was not a saved man as the verse you quote confirms

Acts 11:14 (ESV) — 14 he will declare to you a message by which you will be saved, you and all your household.’

Correct Cornelius was not a saved man as the verse you quote confirms

Acts 11:14 (ESV) — 14 he will declare to you a message by which you will be saved, you and all your household.’
Acts 11:14 "Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved." ERROR, only let him KNOW that he is already saved, supportive scripture, Acts 10:11 "And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:" Acts 10:12 "Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air." Acts 10:13 "And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat." Acts 10:14 "But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean." Acts 10:15 "And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common." Acts 10:16 "This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven."
this word Cleansed is the Greek word
G2511 καθαρίζω katharizo (ka-tha-riy'-zō) v.
1. to purify, to make pure.
2. to purge.
{literally or figuratively}
[from G2513]
KJV: (make) clean(-se), purge, purify

what is another word for pure or purify? answer SIN FREE this can be found at https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/another-word-for/pure.html

and in your verse 9 of ACTS 11, listen and Learn. Acts 11:9 "But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common." it's the same word used. meaning "FREE from SIN. and guess what else? PURE mean DEVOUT which our brother Cornelius was. Acts 10:2 "A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway."

so our brother was SIN FREE before he sent for Peter.

this is the IGNORANCE 101G speak of by people who do not know the Word of God,. nor understand it.

now, 101G is requesting all above repent of your IGNORANCE. this is how disinformation is spreaded.

101G.

@TomL, and @Fred
P.S. I forgot the term PURGE here also in the definition of Cleansed which is the Greek word
2. to purge.
[from G2513]

what was our brother Cornelius purge from? if he was PURE/SIN FREE, well what he was Purged from was... let the apostle Peter tell us. 2 Peter 1:9 "But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins."
and PURGED here is the Greek word,
G2512 καθαρισμός katharismos (ka-tha-riyz-mos') n.
1. a purification.
2. (ceremonially) a purification by means of water.
3. (morally) atonement, the making of amends (as though to purify the conscience from guilt by acts of penance)
[from G2511]
KJV: cleansing, + purge, purification(-fying)
Root(s): G2511

now notice definition #2. (ceremonially) a purification by means of water. his water baptism was only ceremonially.... (smile)... Oh dear. this is why 101G encourage people to LOOK UP WORDS. don't make it up.... Look it up.

101G.

Acts 11:14 "Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved." ERROR, only let him KNOW that he is already saved,

Sorry but that is twisting scripture

Acts 11:14 "Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved

What makes you believe you can twist scripture to suit your theology?

Your belief does not appear in the text

supportive scripture, Acts 10:11 "And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:" Acts 10:12 "Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air." Acts 10:13 "And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat." Acts 10:14 "But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean." Acts 10:15 "And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common." Acts 10:16 "This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven."
this word Cleansed is the Greek word
2. to purge.
[from G2513]

what is another word for pure or purify? answer SIN FREE this can be found at https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/another-word-for/pure.html

and in your verse 9 of ACTS 11, listen and Learn. Acts 11:9 "But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common." it's the same word used. meaning "FREE from SIN. and guess what else? PURE mean DEVOUT which our brother Cornelius was. Acts 10:2 "A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway."

so our brother was SIN FREE before he sent for Peter.

this is the IGNORANCE 101G speak of by people who do not know the Word of God,. nor understand it.

now, 101G is requesting all above repent of your IGNORANCE. this is how disinformation is spreaded.

101G.
Lest you forget that references the things Peter was told to eat

And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat." Acts 10:14 "But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

It says nothing at all about the gentiles being already saved

Devout? are you now claiming that in the New covenant one need not believe on Christ to be saved?

I think instead of speaking of others ignorance you should be judging your own position

twisting the words of scripture, reading your theology into it and denying essential new covenant truth will only lead you into error.

@TomL, and @Fred
P.S. I forgot the term PURGE here also in the definition of Cleansed which is the Greek word
2. to purge.
[from G2513]

what was our brother Cornelius purge from? if he was PURE/SIN FREE, well what he was Purged from was... let the apostle Peter tell us. 2 Peter 1:9 "But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins."
and PURGED here is the Greek word,
G2512 καθαρισμός katharismos (ka-tha-riyz-mos') n.
1. a purification.
2. (ceremonially) a purification by means of water.
3. (morally) atonement, the making of amends (as though to purify the conscience from guilt by acts of penance)
[from G2511]
KJV: cleansing, + purge, purification(-fying)
Root(s): G2511

now notice definition #2. (ceremonially) a purification by means of water. his water baptism was only ceremonially.... (smile)... Oh dear. this is why 101G encourage people to LOOK UP WORDS. don't make it up.... Look it up.

101G.

what's wrong, cannot READ? did not God already Cleansed our brother before he even sent for Peter? whenever someone used the excuse "twisting scripture" it means they been caught in a LIE.

101G.

LOL, 101G believe the scriptures. so you got caught in an ERROR better known as a LIE, so you don't want to repent?

Lest you forget that references the things Peter was told to eat

And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat." Acts 10:14 "But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

It says nothing at all about the gentiles being already saved

Devout? are you now claiming that in the New covenant one need not believe on Christ to be saved?

I think instead of speaking of others ignorance you should be judging your own position

twisting the words of scripture, reading your theology into it and denying essential new covenant truth will only lead you into error.
Repent and be baptized.... (smile).

101G.

what's wrong, cannot READ? did not God already Cleansed our brother before he even sent for Peter? whenever someone used the excuse "twisting scripture" it means they been caught in a LIE.
These are the words

Acts 11:14 (NASB 2020) — 14 and he will speak words to you by which you will be saved, you and all your household.’

Acts 11:14 (KJV 1900) — 14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.

Acts 11:14 (NIV) — 14 He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved.’

Acts 11:14 (UASV) — 14 he will speak words to you a message by which you will be saved, you and all your household.’

Shall be saved future passive verb sozo

It is something which had not yet happened

not a past tense informing them they were saved

you are as I stated twisting the text

101G.

LOL, 101G believe the scriptures. so you got caught in an ERROR better known as a LIE, so you don't want to repent?

Repent and be baptized.... (smile).

101G.
You have got issues

you twisted the text and you want others to repent

you need to repent for having twisted the text

These are the words

Acts 11:14 (NASB 2020) — 14 and he will speak words to you by which you will be saved, you and all your household.’

Acts 11:14 (KJV 1900) — 14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.

Acts 11:14 (NIV) — 14 He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved.’

Acts 11:14 (UASV) — 14 he will speak words to you a message by which you will be saved, you and all your household.’

You have got issues

you twisted the text and you want others to repent

you need to repent for having twisted the text
LOL, was not Cornelius clean/Sin free before Peter was even sent for? yes.
now you IGNORANCE, again.
ERROR, are anyone saved right NOW? answer YES, by FAITH, which takes the Place of salvation until it is realized. Faith is the substance of things ... "HOPE" for. the EVIDENCE not seen. Ephesians 2:8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"
Romans 8:24 "For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?"

are we not SEALED until redemption. Ephesians 4:30 "And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."

it is by FAITH.

this is just what 101G is speaking about, many don't even know that they are SAVED, just waiting for the CHANGE.

101G

LOL, was not Cornelius clean/Sin free before Peter was even sent for? yes.
now you IGNORANCE, again.

ERROR, are anyone saved right NOW? answer YES, by FAITH, which takes the Place of salvation until it is realized. Faith is the substance of things ... "HOPE" for. the EVIDENCE not seen. Ephesians 2:8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"
Romans 8:24 "For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?"

are we not SEALED until redemption. Ephesians 4:30 "And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."

it is by FAITH.

this is just what 101G is speaking about, many don't even know that they are SAVED, just waiting for the CHANGE.

101G
sorry you simply ignored the verse and the tense which refutes your view

These are the words

come back when you are ready to be honest with the text

sorry you simply ignored the verse and the tense which refutes your view

These are the words

come back when you are ready to be honest with the text
as said, Ignorance is ramped. they do not understand "FAITH" and its use.

101G.

as said, Ignorance is ramped. they do not understand "FAITH" and its use.

101G.
sorry but you twisted scripture and were not honest with the verse

These are the words

sorry but you twisted scripture and were not honest with the verse

These are the words

so we can take it you have no real rebuttal. thought so.
101G.

Back
Top Bottom