The Spirit–filled life

Only with the choice meats , the rest remain chopped liver left for the dung pile
Yup. God is free to do with His creation as He wishes. He is not obligated to save anyone and the ones He chose to not save hate Him and don't want to be saved.

Yup. God is free to do with His creation as He wishes. He is not obligated to save anyone and the ones He chose to not save hate Him and don't want to be saved.
no God is not free to act unloving, unbenevolent, lie, act immoral, sin etc......

Genuine faith and love are seen by our actions.

What biblical love looks like in the mirror. Paul defines love below and what it should look like in the Christians life

1 Corinthians 13
If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

James 2
My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism. 2 Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. 3 If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” 4 have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

5 Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?6 But you have dishonored the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court?7 Are they not the ones who are blaspheming the noble name of him to whom you belong?

8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers

What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

1 Peter 2:8- Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.

2 Peter 1- For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

God never asks us to be or do something God is not.

The Fruit of the Spirit is Love, joy, peace, patience , kindness, long suffering , goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

And “ Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.8 Love never fails. “

hope this helps !!!

Loving God is always connected to loving others. If you cannot or do not love others then you do not love God and are deceived. The greatest commandment Jesus answered was to love God with all you mind, heart, soul and strength and your neighbor. Jesus connected the love of God with loving others. He said the whole world will know you are My disciples by how you love one another. John takes it a step further and says if you don't love others then you don't love God either.

1 John 2:3-6
3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.

1 John 3:9-12
9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

11 For this is the message which you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another; 12 not as Cain, who was of the evil one and slew his brother. And for what reason did he slay him? Because his deeds were evil, and his brother's were righteous.

1 John 3:14-19
14 We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love abides in death. 15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 16 We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17 But whoever has the world's goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him? 18 Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth.

1 John 3:23-24
23 This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. 24 The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 4:7-14
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.

1 John 4:16-21
16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17 By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 19 We love, because He first loved us. 20 If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

hope this helps !!!

no God is not free to act unloving, unbenevolent, lie, act immoral, sin etc......
Again, where do I find your standard of what is unloving and what is not?

Is it loving to watch those you allegedly love to burn for a eternity? He could save them.

Again, where do I find your standard of what is unloving and what is not?

Is it loving to watch those you allegedly love to burn for an eternity? He could save them.
He couldn’t save them because they did not want to be saved or loved by God. Love is a two way relationship.

He couldn’t save them because they did not want to be saved or loved by God. Love is a two way relationship.
If my child, who I proclaimed to love, were burning in a building I am going in whether they want me to or not.

Love is not a two way relationship.

If my child, who I proclaimed to love, were burning in a building I am going in whether they want me to or not.

Love is not a two way relationship.
Except in Calvinism God hates 5/6 children He created and only saves 1 of them. The rest he created as vessels of destruction all for his glory to burn in hell.

Source of your made up numbers please
It doesn’t matter the fact is few are on the narrow road that leads to life and MANY on the broad road that leads to destruction.

So whether it’s 5/7, 5/6 or 18/20 that are burned in the fire 🔥 it’s many compared to few that are saved.

It doesn’t matter the fact is few are on the narrow road that leads to life and MANY on the broad road that leads to destruction.

So whether it’s 5/7, 5/6 or 18/20 that are burned in the fire 🔥 it’s many compared to few that are saved.
It does not matter? LOL You made a claim. Back it up

Are you implying there is more than 10% of the worlds population that are saved, actually born again ?

Is that your position ?

I just did many are on the broad road compared to few that will have life
That was not your claim was it? You claimed God hates 5/6 of the children He creates. Which is not stated in any way in the text you quoted. Shameful

I am done here. When you have to stoop to deception and dishonesty I am out.

Have a good rest of your day.

That was not your claim was it? You claimed God hates 5/6 of the children He creates. Which is not stated in any way in the text you quoted. Shameful

I am done here. When you have to stoop to deception and dishonesty I am out.

Have a good rest of your day.
Since only few compared to many are saved then he only saved those he loves that’s Calvinism, he only loved the elect and Jesus only died for them. Calvinism basics 101. You can’t teach me reformed theology I already know it better than you and taught it for several decades.

Last edited:
If you want to live a life pleasing to God, get your walking shoes on.

A “walk” in the Bible is often a metaphor for practical daily living. The Christian life is a journey, and we are to walk it—we are to make consistent forward progress. The biblical norm for all believers is that they walk in the Spirit:

If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. Galatians 5:25
This is showing us using our will to allow God's Spirit to set the direction we will go. living by the Spirit involves keeping in step with the Spirit.

What it doesn't mean is going off on wild tangents that are portrayed in some of the threads posted here.

If you want to live a life pleasing to God, get your walking shoes on.

A “walk” in the Bible is often a metaphor for practical daily living. The Christian life is a journey, and we are to walk it—we are to make consistent forward progress. The biblical norm for all believers is that they walk in the Spirit:

If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. Galatians 5:25
This is showing us using our will to allow God's Spirit to set the direction we will go. living by the Spirit involves keeping in step with the Spirit.

What it doesn't mean is going off on wild tangents that are portrayed in some of the threads posted here.
Sounds good to me, I want to walk in the freedom and in the victory Christ has brought to my life.

Where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom
Where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom
There is peace, there is love, there is joy
It is for freedom, you've set us free
It is for freedom, you've set us free
I'm free, I'm free
We will walk in your freedom, walk in your liberty

No one says His love does not endure forever. Another strawman
but double predestination can be twisted to somehow fit into the definition of love, good, benevolent right ?

no human that has not been indoctrinated would ever see that doctrine as coming from a God who is love. Its unloving by definition of the doctrine itself.

hope this helps !!!

Back
Top Bottom