The Spirit–filled life

Clay

The Spirit–filled life is the most wonderful life a person can know. I wouldn’t trade the Spirit–filled life for all the riches in the world or for any other experience or state of being!

The Spirit–filled life is the only way for a Christian to experience all that God has for a person to be, say, and do. It is life to thefullest, the true abundant life that Jesus promised.

John10:10 tells us...
The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).

Walking in the Spirit is not based on emotions, although we do feel various emotions as the Spirit works in us and through us to produce the character of Christ Jesus in our life.

But I say, walk habitually in the [Holy] Spirit [seek Him and be responsive to His guidance], and then you will certainly not carry out the desire of the sinful nature[which responds impulsively without regard for God and His precepts].Galatians 5:16

The Spirit–filled life is also not something that you can just study about. The Spirit–filled life is experienced. It is lived out by real people in real life facing real, and sometimes difficult, circumstances and situations.

The Spirit–filled life is easily seen in the life of a believer. It is not something that we do, but something that we are because of who is living and working inside of us. God desires for each of His children to live a Spirit–filled life, and He expects you to be led by the Spirit on a daily basis. Jesus tells us in John 16:7 "I assure you that it is better for you that I go away. If I don’t go away, the Companion won’t come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you".

The holy spirit gives us discernment. The statement “you will know them by their fruit” Mat7:16, is part of Jesus’ teaching about recognizing true followers and avoiding false prophets. Beginning with verse 15, we read this context: “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits”.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, Galatians 5:22

There is no such thing as an average Christian life. Either you are living a vibrant Spirit–filled life, or you aren’t. You are in forward motion or in a pause position. You are either living in the fullness of the Holy Spirit, or you aren’t.

Make a decision today to choose the Spirit–filled life.

The Spirit-Filled Life: Discover the Joy of Surrendering to the Holy Spirit

I think the more we make a habit of obeying the Holy Spirit the more we are transformed into Christ's image.

John 16:7. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever”. John 14:16

“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things”. John 14:26

“The Comforter … he shall testify of me” John 15:26. Only persons can testify.

“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth” John 16:13.

“And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him” Acts 5:32.

This also shows that the Holy Spirit is part of the trinity as it takes a person to bear witness.

The baptismal formula given in Matt. 28:19 specifies that converts to Jesus Christ are to be baptized in the name of “the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.” The Holy Spirit is as much a person as God himself, or as the Son.

I think this is made very plain in Matt. 12:24-32 "wherein it is said that the one who blasphemes against the Holy Ghost never shall be forgiven", that makes him equal with God and establishing his personality.

Do we need the Holy Spirit? I think we do need the Holy Spirit in our lives just as much as we need a relationship with our heavenly Father and with His Son, Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit is part of the holy Trinity—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. You need Him just as much as you need Father and Son. In fact, the Holy Spirit makes possible your ongoing Christian life and enables you both to experience Christ and to have a relationship with the Father.

The Holy Spirit enables us to have a sense of victory in our Christian walk. You need Him at work in you and through you if you are to fulfill your earthly destiny in Christ and become the person that the Father created you to be.

I definitely couldn't make it without being led by the Holy Spirit throughout the day. I rely on him for guidance on everything.

I turn to him for daily guidance in how to live my life, what to do, where to go, whom to see, how to make decisions and choices. The Scriptures tell us that the only Guide worth having in our lives is the Holy Spirit. He is the only One who knows our past completely from the moment we were conceived to this present day, knows our future completely, from this day extending into eternity, and knows God’s plan and purpose for us today and each day of our lives. So if there's anyone I want guiding and directing me it's the Holy Spirit.

When I turn to people for advice, I have to be aware that in many cases, they will tell me only what they think I want to hear. They likely desire to make us feel good so we will like them more, which in turn makes them feel good. If you seek advice from another person, get advice that is honest, true to God’s Word, and without ulterior motive, like from a good Christian friend. You can get that iron sharpening iron going on.

But still even as you receive advice from others, you must check it against the Holy Spirit’s witness in your spirit and against the Bible to verify that the advice you have heard is the right advice for you in your given circumstance. So you have to be in the word and know the word.

Only the Holy Spirit knows what is fully good and right for us on a daily basis. Any other opinion can be only a part of the full truth, only the Holy Spirit can be revealed the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

In John 14–16, Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit repeatedly as the Spirit of truth. Note in the verses below what He says about the Holy Spirit’s manifestation of truth in our lives.

The Spirit of truth … dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. John 14:17

The Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. John 15:26

He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. John 16:13

He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. John 16:14

I definitely couldn't make it without being led by the Holy Spirit throughout the day. I rely on him for guidance on everything.

I turn to him for daily guidance in how to live my life, what to do, where to go, whom to see, how to make decisions and choices. The Scriptures tell us that the only Guide worth having in our lives is the Holy Spirit. He is the only One who knows our past completely from the moment we were conceived to this present day, knows our future completely, from this day extending into eternity, and knows God’s plan and purpose for us today and each day of our lives. So if there's anyone I want guiding and directing me it's the Holy Spirit.

When I turn to people for advice, I have to be aware that in many cases, they will tell me only what they think I want to hear. They likely desire to make us feel good so we will like them more, which in turn makes them feel good. If you seek advice from another person, get advice that is honest, true to God’s Word, and without ulterior motive, like from a good Christian friend. You can get that iron sharpening iron going on.

But still even as you receive advice from others, you must check it against the Holy Spirit’s witness in your spirit and against the Bible to verify that the advice you have heard is the right advice for you in your given circumstance. So you have to be in the word and know the word.

Only the Holy Spirit knows what is fully good and right for us on a daily basis. Any other opinion can be only a part of the full truth, only the Holy Spirit can be revealed the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

In John 14–16, Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit repeatedly as the Spirit of truth. Note in the verses below what He says about the Holy Spirit’s manifestation of truth in our lives.

The Spirit of truth … dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. John 14:17

The Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. John 15:26

He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. John 16:13

He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. John 16:14
I hear what you're saying, I ask the Holy Spirit to guide and direct me many times a day. Especially when I get in the car to go somewhere.

Right on, I'll talk to some people about how I rely on the holy spirit to make it through the day and they kind of look at me like I'm some kind of weirdo. But hey sometimes us Jesus Freaks are like that right? We knew that God is in control. That it's not about us it's all about Jesus. We have something that the world can't give and that the world can't take away.

The Spirit–filled life is the most wonderful life a person can know. I wouldn’t trade the Spirit–filled life for all the riches in the world or for any other experience or state of being!

The Spirit–filled life is the only way for a Christian to experience all that God has for a person to be, say, and do. It is life to thefullest, the true abundant life that Jesus promised.

John10:10 tells us...
The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).

Walking in the Spirit is not based on emotions, although we do feel various emotions as the Spirit works in us and through us to produce the character of Christ Jesus in our life.

But I say, walk habitually in the [Holy] Spirit [seek Him and be responsive to His guidance], and then you will certainly not carry out the desire of the sinful nature[which responds impulsively without regard for God and His precepts].Galatians 5:16

The Spirit–filled life is also not something that you can just study about. The Spirit–filled life is experienced. It is lived out by real people in real life facing real, and sometimes difficult, circumstances and situations.

The Spirit–filled life is easily seen in the life of a believer. It is not something that we do, but something that we are because of who is living and working inside of us. God desires for each of His children to live a Spirit–filled life, and He expects you to be led by the Spirit on a daily basis. Jesus tells us in John 16:7 "I assure you that it is better for you that I go away. If I don’t go away, the Companion won’t come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you".

The holy spirit gives us discernment. The statement “you will know them by their fruit” Mat7:16, is part of Jesus’ teaching about recognizing true followers and avoiding false prophets. Beginning with verse 15, we read this context: “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits”.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, Galatians 5:22

There is no such thing as an average Christian life. Either you are living a vibrant Spirit–filled life, or you aren’t. You are in forward motion or in a pause position. You are either living in the fullness of the Holy Spirit, or you aren’t.

Make a decision today to choose the Spirit–filled life.

The Spirit-Filled Life: Discover the Joy of Surrendering to the Holy Spirit

Charles Stanley is a person I wouldn't rely on for any kind
of spiritual help. It's horrible how he treated his wife during
his so called ministry. Another CINO Christian In Name Only
RIP

I like what the Bible says about the Holy Spirit.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever” John 14:16

“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things” John 14:26

“The Comforter … he shall testify of me” John 15:26

“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth” John 16:13

“And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him” Acts 5:32

The Holy Spirit was with God in the creation. When the earth was without form and void and darkness covered the deep it is said, “And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters” Genesis 1:2

I like what the Bible says about the Holy Spirit.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever” John 14:16

“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things” John 14:26

“The Comforter … he shall testify of me” John 15:26

“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth” John 16:13

“And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him” Acts 5:32

The Holy Spirit was with God in the creation. When the earth was without form and void and darkness covered the deep it is said, “And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters” Genesis 1:2
I do too. The Ruach Hakodesh (Holy Spirit) is a guide, comfort, help and encouragement to believers in Yeshua.

Awesome since we're all agreed let's try this one on for size.

God is good!
All the time!

God is good and necessarily so. God’s essence does not conform to some external standard of goodness. God is essentially goodness itself. This essential attribute of God means that his other attributes (e.g., power, wisdom) are aspects of his goodness. His essence is good, so that he cannot do anything that is not good. Perfect goodness belongs to God alone: “And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone’ ” (Mark 10:18). Anything truly good in a creature simply mirrors God’s goodness. Among his ethical attributes, “first place is due to God’s goodness.”

All the time!

God is good and necessarily so. God’s essence does not conform to some external standard of goodness. God is essentially goodness itself. This essential attribute of God means that his other attributes (e.g., power, wisdom) are aspects of his goodness. His essence is good, so that he cannot do anything that is not good. Perfect goodness belongs to God alone: “And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone’ ” (Mark 10:18). Anything truly good in a creature simply mirrors God’s goodness. Among his ethical attributes, “first place is due to God’s goodness.”

Yes indeed @Presby02 :)

do you agree ?

Who has ever said otherwise? LOL Keep trying
I'm glad you agree God is love and God is Good and cannot act unloving or unbenevolent. :)

Now we have a foundation to work from with the differences in out theologies. :)

2 Major Pillars of Gods nature/character and a foundation. :)

I'm glad you agree God is love and God is Good and cannot act unloving or unbenevolent. :)

Now we have a foundation to work from with the differences in out theologies. :)

2 Major Pillars of Gods nature/character and a foundation. :)
As long as you get to decide what is and is not unloving?

The Bible and God tell us what is love- Read it in 1 Corinthians 13 and Gal 5 the fruit of the spirit for starters. There are many other places that describe how His love endures forever.
No one says His love does not endure forever. Another strawman

Back
Top Bottom