The Power in Salvation

praise_yeshua

Many of the arguments between Calvinism and Arminianism can be settled clearly and definitive by simply recognizing the aspects of "Power" relative to Salvation.

I have long said that Salvation is BOTH Monergistic and Synergistic. It is never a "either or" issue. Never.

There is no Salvation without the power of God to save. However, Salvation is never a single event. Never. For example, many people "believe" the Truth of God, yet refuse to openly acknowledge/confess the Truth of Salvation. Also, even the reprobate knows he is wrong. He simply willinging ignores what he knows.

The Power of Salvation is always with God. God saves. However, we can not ignore the fact that the trigger to release that power is solely in the hands of man.

How do I know? Because man must confess faith. There is no salvation without confession.

If what the Calvinist often say is true, there would be no need to confess faith. There would be no need to play "temporal tricks" with the Order of Salvation.

(I suppose the Calvinist believes that God confesses for them too?)

Many of the arguments between Calvinism and Arminianism can be settled clearly and definitive by simply recognizing the aspects of "Power" relative to Salvation.

I have long said that Salvation is BOTH Monergistic and Synergistic. It is never a "either or" issue. Never.

There is no Salvation without the power of God to save. However, Salvation is never a single event. Never. For example, many people "believe" the Truth of God, yet refuse to openly acknowledge/confess the Truth of Salvation. Also, even the reprobate knows he is wrong. He simply willinging ignores what he knows.

The Power of Salvation is always with God. God saves. However, we can not ignore the fact that the trigger to release that power is solely in the hands of man.

How do I know? Because man must confess faith. There is no salvation without confession.

If what the Calvinist often say is true, there would be no need to confess faith. There would be no need to play "temporal tricks" with the Order of Salvation.

(I suppose the Calvinist believes that God confesses for them too?)
God does the saving - Monergism
Man does the believing - Synergism

True, but man is incapable of believing apart from God's enabling power. "No one can come to me unless the Father enables them."
The enabling power is revelation

Given revelation he can believe

Romans 10:13–17 (KJV 1900) — 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The enabling power is revelation

Given revelation he can believe

Romans 10:13–17 (KJV 1900) — 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Yes it’s the gospel used as the grace from God to all mankind.

Back
Top Bottom