The Lord Jesus is God in being differentiated from man

Fred

Jesus is a man (Acts 2:22; 1 Timothy 2:5), but the Bible also presents Him as God in comparison with created men (people).

Proverbs 3:4
So you will find favor and good repute
In the sight of God and man.

Luke 16:15
And He said to them,
You are those who justify yourselves in the sight of men,
but God knows your hearts;
for that which is highly esteemed among men is detestable in the sight of God.

Notice above that "God knows your hearts." This knowledge does not belong to man, but to God alone.
1 Kings 8:39
then hear in heaven Your dwelling place, and forgive and act and render to each according to all his ways, whose heart You know, for You alone know the hearts of all the sons of men.

Since the Lord Jesus fully knows the hearts of all demonstrates He is God.
Revelation 2:23
I am He who searches the minds and hearts.
Jeremiah 17:10
I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind.

Going back to Luke 16:15.
They can justify themselves in the sight of men but since the Lord Jesus knew their hearts, they were unable to justify themselves in His sight ("in the sight of God").

To trust in the Lord (YHWH) is used in reference to the Lord Jesus in distinction from trusting in created men (people).
Jeremiah 17:5, 7
(5) Cursed is the man that trusts in man.
(7) Blessed is the man that trusts in the LORD.
Philippians 2:24
and I trust in the Lord that I myself also will be coming shortly.

Job 10:4 is answered in 1 Samuel 16:7.
Job 10:4
Have You eyes of flesh?
Or do You see as a man sees?
1 Samuel 16:7
But the LORD said to Samuel, Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.

This doesn't mean that God is unable to look at the outward appearance. God fully knows both. Man is limited to the outward appearance. He may know some things in a very limited sense about his/her heart and the hearts of others, but God alone fully knows all of them.
Since the Lord Jesus fully knows the hearts of all demonstrates He is the Lord/YHWH (John 2:24-25; Acts 1:24; 1 Corinthians 4:5; Revelation 2:23).

The "Lord" in 2 Corinthians 8:21 corresponds to "God" in Proverbs 3:4.
2 Corinthians 8:21
for we have regard for what is honorable,
not only in the sight of the Lord,
but also in the sight of men.
Proverbs 3:4
So you will find favor and good repute
In the sight of God and man.

The "Lord" in 2 Corinthians 8:21 refers to Jesus which demonstrates He is God (cf. Proverbs 3:4).
2 Corinthians 8:9, 19-23
(9) For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich.
(19) and not only this, but he has also been appointed by the churches to travel with us in this gracious work, which is being administered by us for the glory of the Lord Himself, and to show our readiness,
(20) taking precaution so that no one will discredit us in our administration of this generous gift; (21) for we have regard for what is honorable, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men.
(22) We have sent with them our brother, whom we have often tested and found diligent in many things, but now even more diligent because of his great confidence in you.
(23) As for Titus, he is my partner and fellow worker among you; as for our brethren, they are messengers of the churches, a glory of Christ.

Last edited:
Jesus is a man (Acts 2:22; 1 Timothy 2:5), but the Bible also presents Him as God in comparison with created men (people).
In acts 9 on his way to Damascus, Saul encountered the Lord Jesus who chose him now Paul as his minister? if so, why did at Damascus, a disciple named Ananias, who baptized Saul said .... in a recount of this event that it was the God of our father, (meaning the God of the OT), chose Saul? as this topic states, "The Lord Jesus is God in being differentiated from man"

so my question, was it the Man Jesus, Lord, who is the God of the OT? yes, or No,

101G.

In acts 9 on his way to Damascus, Saul encountered the Lord Jesus who chose him now Paul as his minister? if so, why did at Damascus, a disciple named Ananias, who baptized Saul said .... in a recount of this event that it was the God of our father, (meaning the God of the OT), chose Saul? as this topic states, "The Lord Jesus is God in being differentiated from man"

so my question, was it the Man Jesus, Lord, who is the God of the OT? yes, or No,

101G.

The OP is explained more in my first sentence of post 1.

The OP is explained more in my first sentence of post 1.
that's my point, Acts 2:22 "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:"

now the topic is "The Lord Jesus is God in being differentiated from man", so my question still stand, is this man the God of the fathers as Ananias said. Acts 22:12 "And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there," Acts 22:13 "Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him." Acts 22:14 "And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth."

and 101G asked, "is the Lord Jesus the God of our fathers?" yes or no

101G.

that's my point, Acts 2:22 "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:"

now the topic is "The Lord Jesus is God in being differentiated from man", so my question still stand, is this man the God of the fathers as Ananias said. Acts 22:12 "And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there," Acts 22:13 "Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him." Acts 22:14 "And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth."

and 101G asked, "is the Lord Jesus the God of our fathers?" yes or no

101G.

I am unable to write more than I want to in the title of the OP so that is why it is explained more in the first sentence of the OP.
Get it through your head.

I am unable to write more than I want to in the title of the OP so that is why it is explained more in the first sentence of the OP.
Get it through your head.
so we can take this as you cannot answer? thought so.

101G.

@civic,
Maybe U can help your buddy out by throwing away a couple of masks in answering was our brother Ananias correct in saying the "God of our fathers chose Saul for his minister?", meaning Jesus, is that ONE God yes, or no?

101G.

Back
Top Bottom