The Genealogy of Jesus the Messiah

Im not to worried about knowing currently.

Matthew singled them out for a reason. His readers would have recognized the connection instantly.

It’s important for us to see it too. They are connected with his claim to be the Messiah promised, raised up and sent by Yahweh.

Matthew singled them out for a reason. His readers would have recognized the connection instantly.

It’s important for us to see it too. They are connected with his claim to be the Messiah promised, raised up and sent by Yahweh.

All due to this bible Holman NASB 2020

From this translation,

”Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, ‘And to seeds,’ as one would in referring to many, but rather as referring to one, ‘And to your seed,’ that is, Christ.”

(Galatians 3:16)

We see here the connection with the Abrahamic covenant.

The Genealogy of Jesus the Messiah

12 After the deportation to Babylon: Jeconiah fathered Shealtiel, and Shealtiel fathered Zerubbabel.

• Founded in 2 Kings 24:14 Then he led into exile all the people of Jerusalem and all the commanders and all the valiant warriors, ten thousand exiles, and all the craftsmen and the smiths. None were left except the poorest people of the land. In Jeremiah 27:20, which Nebuchadnezzer king of Babylon did not take when he led into exile Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim, king of Judah, from Jerusalem to Babylon, and all the nobles of Judah and Jerusalem---
13 Zerubbabel fathered Abihud, Abihud fathered Eliakim, and Eliakim fathered Azor. 14 Azor fathered Zadok, Zadok fathered Achim, and Achim fathered Eliud. 15 Eliud fathered Eleazar, Eleazar fathered Matthan, and Matthan fathered Jacob. 16 Jacob fathered Joseph the husband of Mary, by whom Jesus was born, who is called the Messiah.

• Later on in the Gospel of Matthew, 27:17 So when the people gathered together, Pilate said to them, "Whom do you want me to to release for you: Barabbas, or Jesus who is called the Christ?, in verse 22 Pilate said to them, "Then what shall I do with Jesus who is called the Christ? They all said crucify Him!"

17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; from David to the deportation to Babylon, fourteen generations; and from the deportation to Babylon to the Messiah, fourteen generations.
I'm not clear what the point of this thread is other than to quote Matthew's text. But I notice you did not address the major mistake in this translation. And actually from the Greek texts that this translation is based on. Major error that there are only 13 generations listed but Matthew specifically says there are 14 generations from the exile to the Messiah. Only 13 in the text. People have rejected Christianity entirely based on this blatant error.

Back
Top Bottom