The doctrine of election

if they were locked into their decisions before they were created they have no free will or ability to choose otherwise- they were all preprogrammed like robots.
Exactly ! which is why I interpret our creation to have been before the creation of the physical world so that we were not coerced by this proof of HIS divinity and eternal power, Rom 1:20, to bow to HIM but developed our own relationship with HIM by our free will as we studied HIS claims of Divinity, HIS promise of election for those who would believe in HIM without proof and HIS warnings of the inevitable consequences of eschewing faith in HIM and putting their faith instead in the belief HE was a liar and therefore a false god.

Everyone had all the time they needed to make their own free will decisions and all had committed themselves to their faith before HE created the physical universe which proved HIS claims were true and which therefore locked us into the free will decisions we had become committed to already as truth.

No one was locked into belief nor unbelief except for those ideas they had already committed to fully in their own hearts by their own free as the truth. This locking in was also not a process of decree by GOD but was the inevitable result of our learning the truth in such a way it could not be denied. That it is still denied by those who suppress the truth by wickedness, Romans 1:18, is proof of the incredible addictive power of evil.

Earth was not created to be the nursery for HIS creation but for sinners only, those who rebuked HIM as a false god and those who accepted HIM as their GOD and saviour from sin but who then rebelled against HIS commands. These rebellious believers must live with the reprobate (Matt 13:27-30) non (never) believers to learn the terrible suffering sin causes and so to come out from among the non-believers by following the Holy Spirit into holiness. This fact that believers were never condemned for their sin but all those who had never believed are condemned already (ie, since pre-earth) is wrapped up in one verse, Jn 3:18.

Exactly ! which is why I interpret our creation to have been before the creation of the physical world so that we were not coerced by this proof of HIS divinity and eternal power, Rom 1:20, to bow to HIM but developed our own relationship with HIM by our free will as we studied HIS claims of Divinity, HIS promise of election for those who would believe in HIM without proof and HIS warnings of the inevitable consequences of eschewing faith in HIM and putting their faith instead in the belief HE was a liar and therefore a false god.

Everyone had all the time they needed to make their own free will decisions and all had committed themselves to their faith before HE created the physical universe which proved HIS claims were true and which therefore locked us into the free will decisions we had become committed to already as truth.

No one was locked into belief nor unbelief except for those ideas they had already committed to fully in their own hearts by their own free as the truth. This locking in was also not a process of decree by GOD but was the inevitable result of our learning the truth in such a way it could not be denied. That it is still denied by those who suppress the truth by wickedness, Romans 1:18, is proof of the incredible addictive power of evil.

Earth was not created to be the nursery for HIS creation but for sinners only, those who rebuked HIM as a false god and those who accepted HIM as their GOD and saviour from sin but who then rebelled against HIS commands. These rebellious believers must live with the reprobate (Matt 13:27-30) non (never) believers to learn the terrible suffering sin causes and so to come out from among the non-believers by following the Holy Spirit into holiness. This fact that believers were never condemned for their sin but all those who had never believed are condemned already (ie, since pre-earth) is wrapped up in one verse, Jn 3:18.
Thanks for responding Ted :)

It was, before the creation of the physical universe proved HIS divinity and eternal power which locked everyone into their pre-made free will decisions. It is NOT available to sinners who are condemned already, sigh.

After the proof of HIS divinity and eternal power was given, no free will decision could be made about these ideas: the condemned became those condemned already and the acceptors entered into the promise of salvation called our election. Finito.

Then the process of bringing the sinful elect to holiness was started (on earth) to separate the elect from their idolatry of the evil ones so that the evil ones could then be condemned in fact, ie, sent into the outer darkness.
A free will decision cannot be pre made

A free will decision cannot be pre made
...and so it is plain that since we are born here already under the sentence and consequences of sin ie, having already (before conception) made the free will decision to sin and to become enslaved by the addictive power of sin, pre-made is false only if it means before our creation but NOT if it means after our creation but before our conception on earth during our before earth life in the spirit world.

We are NOT created here, we are sown into this world by GOD, Matt 13:36-39.

Last edited:
I do include my own children. They are atheists and anti-God. I count it as a failure in my parenting.
Just think of Mary (Jesus' mother). Her kids weren't believers, thought Jesus was insane, and went out to get Him out of the public eye. (Mark 3:21-35) We don't think of Mary (the real one, not the Phony Catholic "Blessed Virgin thing") as a parental failure.

My likes that a "free will decision cannot be pre made" mean that I too believe this is true but I refute the proposition that this denies our pre-conception existence...which it in fact supports if you take our being sinful from conception seriously.

IF we need to be saved from sin from conception on then either GOD made us liable to the consequences of sinfulness OR we chose by our free will before our conception into this world to be sinful.

My likes that a "free will decision cannot be pre made" mean that I too believe this is true but I refute the proposition that this denies our pre-conception existence...which it in fact supports if you take our being sinful from conception seriously.

Glad you agree, but nothing in the bible teaches a preconception existence

Glad you agree, but nothing in the bible teaches a preconception existence
Some people who do not agree with me tell me that though it is true that many verses can indeed be properly interpreted as support of our pre-conception existence, they just think it is a wrong interpretation and choose orthodoxy for their faith, so even though they disagree with my acceptance of this interpretation, they would object to your use of the word nothing in this context.

Some people who do not agree with me tell me that though it is true that many verses can indeed be properly interpreted as support of our pre-conception existence, they just think it is a wrong interpretation and choose orthodoxy for their faith, so even though they disagree with my acceptance of this interpretation, they would object to your use of the word nothing in this context.
I would say the bible teaches God created man all at once upon the earth

Genesis 1:26–27 (KJV 1900) — 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen 5:1This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

Deut 4:32For ask now of the days that are past, which were before thee, since the day that God created man upon the earth, and ask from the one side of heaven unto the other, whether there hath been any such thing as this great thing is, or hath been heard like it?

Isa 45:12I have made the earth, And created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, And all their host have I commanded.

I would say the bible teaches God created man all at once upon the earth

Genesis 1:26–27 (KJV 1900) — 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:
These all talk about physical men, not their spirits.
All of these verse are modified by the information in the following verses:

Job 38:7 ...
Berean Standard Bible
while the morning stars sang together and ALL the sons of God shouted for joy?
Since these sons of GOD sang HIS praises when they witnessed the creation of the physical universe they must have been spirits created BEFORE the creation of the physical universe.

Few like to accept that ALL the sons of GOD in this verse means exactly ALL the sons of GOD so they reject it but few offer a suggestion about why GOD used the word all in the verse rather than the supposedly more truthful some of the sons of GOD. Before the creation of the physical universe, there were people, but not men.

Matt 13:36 Then Jesus dismissed the crowds and went into the house. His disciples came to Him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.”

To explain the metaphor within a parable, one cannot use the metaphor itself because that would just be an extension of the metaphor, not a true explanation of it. The seeds in this metaphor are at prima facie, people.

37 He replied, “The One who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed represents the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

These people, both the sinful people of the kingdom and the reprobate people of the evil one are SOWN, not created, into this world. If sown means created then we must accept that the devil has the power to create like GOD does which is unacceptable to most Christians.

To sow in its ordinary use refers to taking seeds from a place of storage and scattering them into a place of growth, a field. Would it not be interesting if we could identify the place of storeage these people were in before they were sown into mankind...

Ps 9:17
Berean Standard Bible
The wicked will RETURN to Sheol—all the nations who forget God.

To return to someplace in ordinary language means to go back to where you have been BEFORE. The Hebrew word S7725. shub, in fact means to return but it is used to cover all manner of returnings, while some of the English renderings actually mean the opposite of to return.

The reprobate were first in Sheol then they were sown into the world to be explicit bad examples for the sinful good seed to encourage them to come out from among the reprobate who then return to Sheol upon their death.

This interpretation does no damage to the words of the verse but it certainly damages the eisegetic belief of our creation on earth.

These all talk about physical men, not their spirits.
All of these verse are modified by the information in the following verses:

Job 38:7 ...
Berean Standard Bible
while the morning stars sang together and ALL the sons of God shouted for joy?
Since these sons of GOD sang HIS praises when they witnessed the creation of the physical universe they must have been spirits created BEFORE the creation of the physical universe.

Few like to accept that ALL the sons of GOD in this verse means exactly ALL the sons of GOD so they reject it but few offer a suggestion about why GOD used the word all in the verse rather than the supposedly more truthful some of the sons of GOD. Before the creation of the physical universe, there were people, but not men.
Verse 7. When the morning stars sang together] This must refer to some intelligent beings who existed before the creation of the visible heavens and earth: and it is supposed that this and the following clause refer to the same beings; that by the sons of God, and the morning stars, the angelic host is meant; as they are supposed to be first, though perhaps not chief, in the order of creation.
For the latter clause the Chaldee has, “All the troops of angels.” Perhaps their creation may be included in the term heavens, Gen. 1:1: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” These witnessed the progress of the creation; and, when God had finished his work, celebrated his wisdom and power in the highest strains.

Adam Clarke, The Holy Bible with a Commentary and Critical Notes (vol. 3, New Edition.; Bellingham, WA: Faithlife Corporation, 2014), 168.

7. When the morning-stars. There can be little doubt that angelic beings are intended here, though some have thought that the stars literally are referred to, and that they seemed to unite in a chorus of praise when another world was added to their number. The Vulgate renders it, astra matutina, morning-stars; the LXX. Ὅτε ἐγενήθηναι ἄστρα—when the stars were made; the Chaldee, “the stars of the zephyr,” or morning—כוכבי צפר. The comparison of a prince, a monarch, or an angel, with a star, is not uncommon; comp. Notes on Isa. 14:12. The expression “the morning-stars” is used on account of the beauty of the principal star which, at certain seasons of the year, leads on the morning. It is applied naturally to those angelic beings that are of distinguished glory and rank in heaven. That it refers to the angels, seems to be evident from the connection; and this interpretation is demanded in order to correspond with the phrase “sons of God” in the other member of the verse.
Sang together. United in a grand chorus or concert of praise. It was usual to celebrate the laying of a corner-stone, or the completion of an edifice, by rejoicing; see Zech. 4:7; Ezra 3:10.
And all the sons of God. Angels—called the sons of God from their resemblance to him, or their being created by him.

Albert Barnes, Notes on the Old Testament: Job (vol. 2; London: Blackie & Son, 1847), 194.

Matt 13:36 Then Jesus dismissed the crowds and went into the house. His disciples came to Him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.”

To explain the metaphor within a parable, one cannot use the metaphor itself because that would just be an extension of the metaphor, not a true explanation of it. The seeds in this metaphor are at prima facie, people.

37 He replied, “The One who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed represents the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

These people, both the sinful people of the kingdom and the reprobate people of the evil one are SOWN, not created, into this world. If sown means created then we must accept that the devil has the power to create like GOD does which is unacceptable to most Christians.

To sow in its ordinary use refers to taking seeds from a place of storage and scattering them into a place of growth, a field. Would it not be interesting if we could identify the place of storeage these people were in before they were sown into mankind...
You forget this is a parable and it is seeds which are sown. A parable is not designed to make a comparison in all points

Ps 9:17
Berean Standard Bible
The wicked will RETURN to Sheol—all the nations who forget God.

To return to someplace in ordinary language means to go back to where you have been BEFORE. The Hebrew word S7725. shub, in fact means to return but it is used to cover all manner of returnings, while some of the English renderings actually mean the opposite of to return.

The reprobate were first in Sheol then they were sown into the world to be explicit bad examples for the sinful good seed to encourage them to come out from among the reprobate who then return to Sheol upon their death.

This interpretation does no damage to the words of the verse but it certainly damages the eisegetic belief of our creation on earth.

שׁוב (šwb), VB. turn back, return. Greek equiv. fr. LXX: ἐπιστρέφω (201), ἀποστρέφω (151). LTW שׁוּב (Repentance), שׁוּב (Apostasy), שׁוּב (Regeneration).

Verb Usage

1. to bring — to take something or somebody with oneself somewhere. Stems: hifil, 4; qal, 1. Related Topic: Transfer.

hifil

Ex 19:8 וַיָּ֧שֶׁב מֹשֶׁ֛ה אֶת־דִּבְרֵ֥י הָעָ֖ם
Ps 72:10 מַלְכֵ֬י תַרְשִׁ֣ישׁ וְ֭אִיִּים מִנְחָ֣ה יָשִׁ֑יבוּ
Job 30:23 כִּֽי־יָ֭דַעְתִּי מָ֣וֶת תְּשִׁיבֵ֑נִי
Job 39:12 כִּי־יָשׁוּב יָשִׁ֣יב זַרְעֶ֑
qal

Job 39:12 הֲתַאֲמִ֣ין בּ֖וֹ כִּי־יָשׁוּב זַרְעֶ֑ךָ

2. to answer — to react verbally, as to a question or in giving some other kind of response. Stems: hifil, 30. Related Topic: Answer.

hifil

Job 33:5 אִם־תּוּכַ֥ל הֲשִׁיבֵ֑נִי
Job 33:32 אִם־יֵשׁ־מִלִּ֥ין הֲשִׁיבֵ֑נִי
2 Ch 10:6 לְהָשִׁ֥יב לָֽעָם־הַזֶּ֖ה
2 Ch 10:9 וְנָשִׁ֥יב דָּבָ֖ר אֶת־הָעָ֣ם הַזֶּ֑ה
2 Ch 10:16 וַיָּשִׁ֣יבוּ הָעָ֣ם אֶת־הַמֶּ֣לֶךְ׀

3. to dwell — to inhabit or live in; be an inhabitant of. Stems: qal, 1. See also שׁכן. Related Topics: Habitation; Homes and Dwellings; Dwell; Inhabit.

qal

Ps 23:6 וְשַׁבְתִּ֥י בְּבֵית־יְ֝הוָ֗ה

Rick Brannan, ed., Lexham Research Lexicon of the Hebrew Bible (Lexham Research Lexicons; Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2020).

Exported from Logos Bible Study, 4:33 AM September 9, 2024.

Foreknowledge was involved

Acts 2:23 (KJV 1900) — 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Ya? How was it involved?

Foreknowledge is determinitive?

How was foreknowledge involved? Let's test out your "nope".
God knew their heart and how they would act

The classical theist however does not really believe in foreknowledge for it is a temporal - time involving reality and God is timeless in that theology

God knew their heart

The classical theist however does not really believe in foreknowledge for it a temporal - time involving reality and God is timeless in that theology
Really? And He knew how they would choose right? Their future free choices. Your all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom