The Diagnosis and Cure of Heresies

synergy

The topic of Heresies has been shunned by Christianity because of the atrocious ways the Church dealt with those who deviated significantly from the faith in the Middle Ages. That was not the case in the Early Church. The Early Church Fathers wrote lengthy works about Heresies and it was the Early Church Fathers who were oftentimes martyred for that. Laying aside all this mindless bloodshed on both sides of the conflict, I would like to discuss the Heresy Diagnostic works by the Early Church Fathers and see if there's any value in them in present day heresies. One such heresy is Arianism which is what Unitarianism and JWs are infected by.

Just like Doctors have diagnostic books for physical ailments, shouldn't we as Christians have corresponding diagnostic books for Heresies (spiritual ailments). With all these countless varieties of Heresies beings manifested by hoards of people today, there must be a standard Heresies Diagnostics book out there that we can consult to quickly diagnose heresies infections and cure ourselves of heresies.

Here is a good video on modern day heresies. I could easily add to that list.

This is the list of modern day heresies that video goes through and the start time of that heresy dscussion:

3:04 - #9 Origenism
9:03 - #8 Hellenism & Materialism (naturalism, atheism)
11:52 - #7 Iconoclasm
16:54 - #6 Monoenergism
20:30 - #5 Arianism
26:07 - #4 Nestorianism
32:20 - #3 Montanism
35:44 - #2 Gnosticism
39:29 - #1 Marcionism

Jay Dyer connects PSA to Nestorianism. He has another short video that goes into more details. I can send you that link if you're interested.
Makes me wonder if there is a connection between augustianism and nestorianism.

With all these countless varieties of Heresies beings manifested by hoards of people today, there must be a standard Heresies Diagnostics book out there that we can consult to quickly diagnose heresies infections and cure ourselves of heresies.
Precious friend, I believe it is called The Word Of Truth, Whereby when we:

"Study to show thyself Approved Unto God, a work-man​
that needeth not to be ashamed, Rightly Dividing The​
Word Of Truth." (2 Timothy 2:15)​
we are Already [ maybe not 'quickly' ] consulting The Best Diagnostic Book =

The Pure Preserved Words Of God, The Scriptures!

Amen.

Just like Doctors have diagnostic books for physical ailments, shouldn't we as Christians have corresponding diagnostic books for Heresies (spiritual ailments). With all these countless varieties of Heresies beings manifested by hoards of people today, there must be a standard Heresies Diagnostics book out there that we can consult to quickly diagnose heresies infections and cure ourselves of heresies.
The best Cure for Heresies Is a brain transplant. On second thought a heart transplant would probably work better. Maybe you can get a two for one deal a two-for-one deal If you act now. But wait there is more... the first five callers will receive a leather-bound Bible of their favorite translation.

Precious friend, I believe it is called The Word Of Truth, Whereby when we:

"Study to show thyself Approved Unto God, a work-man​
that needeth not to be ashamed, Rightly Dividing The​
Word Of Truth." (2 Timothy 2:15)​
we are Already [ maybe not 'quickly' ] consulting The Best Diagnostic Book =

The Pure Preserved Words Of God, The Scriptures!

Amen.
I'm not discounting the Bible at all. I'm sure the Bible is not the only Christian book you've ever read. Don't tell me you've never read another Christian book and not found it helpful.

The best Cure for Heresies Is a brain transplant. On second thought a heart transplant would probably work better. Maybe you can get a two for one deal a two-for-one deal If you act now. But wait there is more... the first five callers will receive a leather-bound Bible of their favorite translation.
Yes. Jay starts his video by imitating a Televangelist but he doesn't appear to list it as a heresy. I guess he didn't want to overload his list with obvious heresies.

Augustine is all over the map so I wouldn't be surprised. To illustrate that for a fact, both Protestants and Catholics appealed to Augustine's writings in order to prove their case against each other. Absolutely insane!

Agreed. One thing I've always liked about Augustine (not doctrinally) but he wrote about his own mistakes. Most people act like they've never made any...

He also advocated for the historical narrative of the Greek OT.

He certainly was wrong about things but got some things right. The story of my life.... :)

there must be a standard Heresies Diagnostics book out there that we can consult to quickly diagnose heresies
This is what I was addressing...
I'm not discounting the Bible at all.
Thanks Be Unto God For that! You did say "there Must Be A Standard Book out there",
and that's all that I was pointing out = "There Is Already A Standard Book."
I'm sure the Bible is not the only Christian book you've ever read.
Are you sure? Because I don't consider "The Bible" simply a "Christian book," to be read as I
would read 'other' Christian books [ as long as they point to God's Highest "Standard Word
Of Truth" Commanding
our "living By Every Word!" ], for help and learning. Now:
On second thought a heart transplant would probably work better.
Awesome! A "heart transplant," God Giving "a sound mind" (2Ti 1:7), that should Be:

brain-Washed By The Pure Water (Eph 5:26) Of The Highest Standard Of:

God's Word Of Truth!

Which Would Then, [ like the bank teller trained in Only "handling Real money," recognizes
the counterfeit Immediately, Yes? ], we Also would recognize the 'counterfeit' heresy the

Same Way, or 'quickly,' Correct? God Would Have us "go by" His Highest Standard, Yes?

Amen?

This is what I was addressing...

Thanks Be Unto God For that! You did say "there Must Be A Standard Book out there",
and that's all that I was pointing out = "There Is Already A Standard Book."

Are you sure? Because I don't consider "The Bible" simply a "Christian book," to be read as I
would read 'other' Christian books [ as long as they point to God's Highest "Standard Word
Of Truth" Commanding
our "living By Every Word!" ], for help and learning. Now:

Awesome! A "heart transplant," God Giving "a sound mind" (2Ti 1:7), that should Be:

brain-Washed By The Pure Water (Eph 5:26) Of The Highest Standard Of:

God's Word Of Truth!

Which Would Then, [ like the bank teller trained in Only "handling Real money," recognizes
the counterfeit Immediately, Yes? ], we Also would recognize the 'counterfeit' heresy the

Same Way, or 'quickly,' Correct? God Would Have us "go by" His Highest Standard, Yes?

Amen?
I said a "standard Heresies Diagnostics book".

Do you know of a "standard Heresies Diagnostics book"?

Back
Top Bottom