The death of Jesus was a sacrifice

What did you not understand?

They simply do not meet the characteristics of his sheep

John 10:4 (KJV 1900) — 4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

John 10:14 (KJV 1900) — 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

John 10:26 (KJV 1900) — 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

John 10:27 (KJV 1900) — 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Sheep are Jesus Sheep way before they ever hear His Voice. Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they[My Sheep] shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Jesus had Sheep that wouldn't even be born unto 100yrs later when He spoke those words. Were they following Him before then ?

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they[My Sheep] shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Jesus had Sheep that wouldn't even be born unto 100yrs later when He spoke those words. Were they following Him before then ?

John 10:4 (KJV 1900) — 4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

John 10:14 (KJV 1900) — 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

John 10:26 (KJV 1900) — 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

John 10:27 (KJV 1900) — 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

None of which appears in the text

https://berean-apologetics.communit...ath-of-jesus-was-a-sacrifice.1377/post-103742

16 And other sheep I have[present tense], which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they[My Sheep] shall[future tense] hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

16 And other sheep I have[present tense], which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they[My Sheep] shall[future tense] hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Sheep are Jesus' sheep way before they notice His Voice. Way before they realize his voice is his voice, his call is his call.
Certainly, if Jesus regard these people as his sheep, it is because Jesus has been lovingly guiding, nurturing and healing them, even if they have not realized his call.

God made Peter aware thatGod-fearing people like Cornelius existed across nations, even when they hadn't heard about the existence of Jesus of Nazareth.

“Truthfully, I perceive that God is no respecter of persons. But in every nation he who fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. (Acts 10:34.35)

Last edited:

https://berean-apologetics.communit...ath-of-jesus-was-a-sacrifice.1377/post-103742

Sheep are Jesus' sheep way before they notice His Voice. Way before they realize his voice is his voice, his call is his call.
Certainly, if Jesus regard these people as his sheep, it is because Jesus has been lovingly guiding, nurturing and healing them, even if they have not realized his call.

God made Peter aware thatGod-fearing people like Cornelius existed across nations, even when they hadn't heard about the existence of Jesus of Nazareth.

“Truthfully, I perceive that God is no respecter of persons. But in every nation he who fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. (Acts 10:34.35)
They were God's sheep and God was giving to Christ all that were his

John 17:6–9 (KJV 1900) — 6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. 7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. 8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. 9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

You have the right idea, Cornelius was a Sheep before he heard the Gospel from peter and believed, thats why God sent him the Gospel, so tat he would believe Acts 15:7

And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

You have the right idea, Cornelius was a Sheep before he heard the Gospel from peter and believed, thats why God sent him the Gospel, so tat he would believe Acts 15:7

And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

Sure, but let's remember that there were many other Cornelius around the world who were also accepted by God as God-fearing people, and to whom God did NOT send any apostle to preach about Jesus.

Cornelius was close to Peter and that's why he had the opportunity to listen to him.... but hundreds or thousands of "Cornelius" were in the Galias, in Hispania, in Asia, all over the Roman Empire.
Still, God had God-fearing people in all of those nations, as He revealed to Peter.

Talking to the Pagan inhabitants of Athens, Paul explained:

He has made from one blood every nation of men to live on the entire face of the earth, having appointed fixed times and the boundaries of their habitation, 27 that they should seek the Lord so perhaps they might reach for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us. ‘For in Him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are His offspring.’

In the soverignty of God, He has arranged all things in geography, and history so that we can reach for Him and find Him.
He is not far from each one of us.
Praised be the All Merciful God!

Eisegesis. None of that appears in the text

Nowhere stated in scripture

Still no verse and its

Nowhere stated in scripture

Back
Top Bottom