THE CHURCH CALLED ISRAEL: Pt. 1

jeremiah1five

The Abrahamic Covenant: God establishes a covenant with Abraham which is extended to his seed Isaac, and Jacob, whom God changes his name to Israel.

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. Gen. 17:7.

Jacob had twelve sons named: (in order of birth) Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, (Dinah was Jacob’s only daughter recorded in Scripture), Joseph, and Benjamin.

The Abrahamic Covenant extended to Abraham’s seed and descendants “after thee.”

Abraham had another son recorded in Scripture named Ishmael through a slave woman belonging to Abraham’s wife, Sarai/Sarah named Hagar.

Ishmael was also given great promises from God:

20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year. Gen. 17:20–21.

Isaac had two sons recorded in Scripture named Esau and Jacob. When Rebekah was pregnant God told her “Two nations are in thy womb, And two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; And the one people shall be stronger than the other people; And the elder shall serve the younger” Gen. 25:23.

The “nations and kings” that God promised Abraham that would come from “out of thee” (his seed) are the descendants of Ishmael and Esau, both children of Abram the Hebrew (Gen. 14:13.) Through Jacob the covenant extended to his twelve sons and their descendants who were later known as the children of Israel (Jacob.) Joseph had two sons recorded in Scripture named Ephraim and Manassas.

In the process of time the children of Israel ended up in Egypt where Pharaoh made them slaves and placed upon this people great burdens by which they called upon their God for deliverance from their enslavement and troubles. God heard them and sent a man named Moses through whom God delivered this great people and destroyed the armies of Pharaoh and Egypt. God caused the children of Israel to wander through the desert many decades and finally rested them at the foot of Mount Sinai. It has been estimated the children of Israel that left Egypt numbered 3-4 million people with children included.

In the process of time the children of Israel ended up in Egypt where Pharaoh made them slaves and placed upon this people great burdens by which they called upon their God for deliverance from their enslavement and troubles. God heard them and sent a man named Moses through whom God delivered this great people and destroyed the armies of Pharaoh and Egypt. God caused the children of Israel to wander through the desert many decades and finally rested them at the foot of Mount Sinai. It has been estimated the children of Israel that left Egypt numbered 3-4 million people with children included.
Notice- no New Testament quotations.

In eleven short chapters of Genesis the Lord covered about 2100 years from Adam to Abram. And from then on thirty-nine chapters of Genesis and thirty-eight other books were written to record the history of the Great Nation (Israel) which is to come out of Abram, and that Nation after 1900 years is to give to the world the Seed of the Woman promised in the Garden of Eden, and that Seed is to be the Seed of Abram, and the Seed of David. Even 65 per cent of the New Testament Scriptures deal with Israel.

We also find Abraham included with Abel, Enoch and Noah in the heroes of faith listed in Hebrews 11:8 and 9, 17, 18 and 19.

“BY FAITH ABRAHAM, WHEN HE WAS CALLED TO GO OUT INTO A PLACE WHICH HE SHOULD AFTER RECEIVE FOR AN INHERITANCE, OBEYED; AND HE WENT OUT, NOT KNOWING WHITHER HE WENT. BY FAITH HE SOJOURNED IN THE LAND OF PROMISE, AS IN A STRANGE COUNTRY, DWELLING IN TABERNACLES WITH ISAAC AND JACOB, THE HEIRS WITH HIM OF THE SAME PROMISE.”

“BY FAITH ABRAHAM, WHEN HE WAS TRIED, OFFERED UP ISAAC; AND HE THAT HAD RECEIVED THE PROMISES OFFERED UP HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON.”

“OF WHOM IT WAS SAID, THAT IN ISAAC SHALL THY SEED BE CALLED;” “ACCOUNTING THAT GOD WAS ABLE TO RAISE HIM UP, EVEN FROM THE DEAD; FROM WHENCE ALSO HE RECEIVED HIM IN A FIGURE.”

A careful study of the fourth chapter of Romans, the third chapter of Galatians and the sixth chapter of Hebrews will give us a better understanding of God’s dealings with Abraham, and Abraham’s place in the purpose of God with the human race. In the fourth chapter of Romans we learn that Abraham was justified by faith without works. That he was declared righteous in uncircumcision. Romans 4:3 to 11. We quote the thirteenth verse:

“FOR THE PROMISE, THAT HE SHOULD BE THE HEIR OF THE WORLD, WAS NOT TO ABRAHAM, OR TO HIS SEED, THROUGH THE LAW, BUT THROUGH THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF FAITH.”

We turn to Galatians 3:17 and learn that God’s covenant with Abraham was made 430 years before He entered into His covenant with Israel, through Moses. The Law Covenant made at Sinai did not annul or make ineffective the promises of God in the Abrahamic Covenant and Oath. In verse six of that chapter we are told again that Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness. And then we quote three most important verses:

“AND THE SCRIPTURE, FORESEEING THAT GOD WOULD JUSTIFY THE HEATHEN THROUGH FAITH, PREACHED BEFORE THE GOSPEL UNTO ABRAHAM, SAYING, IN THEE SHALL ALL NATIONS BE BLESSED” . . . Galatians 3:8.

“WHEREFORE THEN SERVETH THE LAW’? IT WAS ADDED BECAUSE OF TRANSGRESSIONS, TILL THE SEED SHOULD COME TO WHOM THE PROMISE WAS MADE; AND IT WAS ORDAINED BY ANGELS IN THE HAND OF A MEDIATOR.” Galatians 3:19.

“THAT THE BLESSING OF ABRAHAM MIGHT COME ON THE GENTILES THROUGH JESUS CHRIST; THAT WE MIGHT RECEIVE THE PROMISE OF THE SPIRIT THROUGH FAITH.” Galatians 3:14.

Thus we see that when the Lord preached the Gospel to Abram, or Abraham, righteousness by faith, 430 years before the Law was given, He foresaw the ministry and message of Paul for Gentiles, who would be justified just as Abram was. This is also declared in the five closing verses of the fourth chapter of Romans.

In Galatians 3:19 we learn that the Law was added to the Promise and Gospel till Christ, the Seed of Abraham, came and died on the cross. When Christ died the handwriting of ordinances was taken out of the way, nailed to His cross. Colossians 2:11 to 14.

He became the end of the Law for righteousness to everyone that believeth, when on the cross He was made sin that believers might be made the righteousness of God in Him … Romans 10:4 and 5. II Corinthians 5:21.
The Book of Acts covered God’s transitional period from law to pure grace, from kingdom truth to Body truth.

And we learn in Galatians 3:14 that because of the redemptive work of Christ on the cross believing Gentiles receive the blessing of Abraham, that is, God’s righteousness, and by faith the assurance of that righteousness which is the Holy Spirit.

In the closing verses of the sixth chapter of Hebrews we learn of the believer’s strong consolation by the two immutable things in which it was impossible for God to lie; namely, His Covenant and Oath to Abraham.

In comparing the statement of Paul, in the fourth chapter of Romans, and that of James in the second chapter of his Epistle, in which there seems to be a contradiction, let us bear in mind that James declares that Abraham was justified by works when he had offered up Isaac. By careful study of the twelfth, thirteenth, seventeenth and twenty-second chapters of Genesis we shall learn that Abraham offered up Isaac forty years after he was declared righteous by God. We shall also learn that Abraham was circumcised twenty-four years after he was declared righteous by God. The circumcision was the seal of the righteousness which he had, yet being uncircumcised. . . Romans 4:9 to 12. Also James had the gospel of the circumcision and Paul the gospel of the uncircumcision. Galatians 2:7 to 9.

You are missing a lot of information if you don't accept the 13 Pauline epistles.

Joshua was Moses’ “minister” (v.1), the man he picked to defeat the first enemy Israel encountered (Ex.17:9-13). That made him the natural choice to succeed Moses, for Israel’s next leader would have to be a warrior to rid the Promised Land of the seven Canaanite nations (Deut.7:1). From the beginning, Moses associated himself with Joshua (Ex.24:12, 13) to prepare the Jews to accept his leadership later.

Joshua was one of the 12 men Moses sent to spy out the land, and one of only two who remembered God said they could conquer the Canaanites if they obeyed Him (Lev.26:8; Num. 13:1—14:8). So only Joshua and Caleb were allowed to live to enter Canaan (Num.32:11,12), and of them God picked Joshua to lead Israel, and Moses ordained him in Numbers 27:18-20. Then Moses charged him to lead Israel into Canaan (Deut.31:7,8), and the Jews accepted him (Deut.34:9).

Joshua and Moses were types of Christ. Moses was a type of Christ in His earthly life. He is called God’s servant (Josh. 1:1,2), as was Christ (Isa.42:1-3). Innocent Hebrew boys were slaughtered when both Moses & Christ were born. Both were meek, and both left riches behind to enrich their people. But Joshua became a type of Christ in His resurrection life when he vanquished the seven Canaanite nations, a type of how Christ in His resurrection life will vanquish the seven nations aligned with Antichrist (Rev.17:1-10).

Joshua’s name even means Jesus (cf.Heb.4:8), because both names mean “Jehovah Savior.” But Christ couldn’t be Israel’s Savior till he died for their sins, just as Joshua could not save Israel from the Canaanites until Moses died for his.

But to bring Israel into Canaan, they’d have to cross Jordan (Josh.1:2). When God parted it, as He had the Red Sea (Josh.3:17), both partings typify how the Lord will someday part them again to lead Israel into their kingdom (Isa.11:15).

In Joshua 1:3,4, God quotes what He said to Moses (Deut.11: 24) to describe a land nearly 50,000 square miles bigger than the current state of Israel. It’s the land God promised Abram (Gen.15:18), and Israel will fully possess it in the kingdom.

God knew Joshua knew the giants lived in Canaan, because he’d seen them (Num.13:33), so he told him that “not any man” could resist him (Josh.1:5), as He told Moses (Deut.7: 24). God vowed to be with Joshua (1:5), just as He promises Tribulation saints (Heb.13:5) so they won’t fear men (v.6).

Moses told Joshua to “be strong” (Deut.31:7), and God quotes that to Joshua (Josh.1:6). He meant strong in the law (Josh.1:7). Physical strength couldn’t topple the walls of Jericho, but being strong in the law would enable God to do it! Remember, He promised He would conquer Israel’s enemies “if” they obeyed Him (Lev.26:3,8; Deut.11:8).

That’s how God promised to “prosper” Joshua if he obeyed (Josh.1:7,8), by beating the Canaanites. Not letting the law depart out of his mouth (1:8) meant reading it aloud so people could hear and learn to obey it (cf.Deut.31:11,12).

God doesn’t promise to prosper us if we obey Him, but obedience is the only proper response to grace. Meditating on the Word (Josh.1:8) will help us obey, and be a good testimony to others (ITim.4:14). It will also give us the “good success” God promised Joshua (Josh.1:8). “Success” just means a termination, whether good or bad. We think of all success as good, but then to say “good success” would be redundant. If you want to come to the termination of your life and be able to say you enjoyed good success in your life, meditate on God’s Word and obey it in every area of life.

The word “dismayed” (Josh.1:9) means to lose courage (1:9 cf.10:25; IChron.22:13; 28:20; IIChron.32:7). When Paul lost his courage, he got it from the brethren (Acts 28:15). When you find you are losing yours, come to church!

addressing the OP. the King came as the Messiah, Genesis 49:10 "The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be."

Shiloh: H7886 שִׁילֹה Shiyloh (shee-lo') n/p.
1. tranquil.
2. Shiloh, an epithet of the Messiah.
[from H7951]
KJV: Shiloh.
Root(s): H7951

and did not the wise men ask, where is he who is BORN, "KING?"
101G.

addressing the OP. the King came as the Messiah, Genesis 49:10 "The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be."

Shiloh: H7886 שִׁילֹה Shiyloh (shee-lo') n/p.
1. tranquil.
2. Shiloh, an epithet of the Messiah.
[from H7951]
KJV: Shiloh.
Root(s): H7951

and did not the wise men ask, where is he who is BORN, "KING?"
101G.
It's YOU again!

Or, is it Messiah came as King?

Hmmm...?

It's YOU again!

Or, is it Messiah came as King?

Hmmm...?
why Hmmmmm U don't KNOW? was not the Christ "BORN" KING. let's check the record. Matthew 2:1 "Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem," Matthew 2:2 "Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him."

do you know this bible story? ........ (smile) ..... :cool: YIKES!

101G.

why Hmmmmm U don't KNOW? was not the Christ "BORN" KING. let's check the record. Matthew 2:1 "Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem," Matthew 2:2 "Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him."

do you know this bible story? ........ (smile) ..... :cool: YIKES!

101G.
Born king is one thing but being sent as Anointed One, Redeemer, Savior, Deliverer, Protector, etc., is another. He came as all those things.

Born king is one thing but being sent as Anointed One, Redeemer, Savior, Deliverer, Protector, etc., is another. He came as all those things.
and was it NOT GOD HIMSEL? Listen and Learn, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you."

now if God saves us, then he's REDEEMER, and he's DELIEVERER, and he's, PROTECTOR, ect..... (smile), Oh my LOL, LOL, LOL,

try again.

101G.

and was it NOT GOD HIMSEL? Listen and Learn, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you."

now if God saves us, then he's REDEEMER, and he's DELIEVERER, and he's, PROTECTOR, ect..... (smile), Oh my LOL, LOL, LOL,

try again.

101G.

1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me;
Because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek;
He hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
Isaiah 61:1-2

1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me;
Because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek;
He hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
Isaiah 61:1-2
2 Corinthians 5:19 "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation."

is this not the H2377 חָזוֹן chazown (chaw-zone') that Daniel saw with the afore which was the start of the H4758 מַראֶה mar'eh (mar-eh')?

listen it's a revelation within a vision. Daniel 8:1 "In the third year of the reign of king Belshazzar a vision appeared unto me, even unto me Daniel, after that which appeared unto me at the first." Daniel 8:2 "And I saw in a vision; and it came to pass, when I saw, that I was at Shushan in the palace, which is in the province of Elam; and I saw in a vision, and I was by the river of Ulai."
VISION here is H2377 חָזוֹן chazown (chaw-zone') and it is for two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed. see Daniel 8:14, and please NOTE this is a CLEANSENING of the TEMPLE and NOT a rebuilding of the Temple which the H4758 מַראֶה mar'eh (mar-eh') elude to.

see, the H4758 מַראֶה mar'eh in the vision is for the JEWS, but the H2377 חָזוֹן chazown (chaw-zone') is for the Gentiles entrance in time after the Jews. I know you knew this.

101G.

Last edited:
2 Corinthians 5:19 "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation."

is this not the H2377 חָזוֹן chazown (chaw-zone') that Daniel saw with the afore which was the start of the H4758 מַראֶה mar'eh (mar-eh')?

listen it's a revelation within a vision. Daniel 8:1 "In the third year of the reign of king Belshazzar a vision appeared unto me, even unto me Daniel, after that which appeared unto me at the first." Daniel 8:2 "And I saw in a vision; and it came to pass, when I saw, that I was at Shushan in the palace, which is in the province of Elam; and I saw in a vision, and I was by the river of Ulai."
VISION here is H2377 חָזוֹן chazown (chaw-zone') and it is for two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed. see Daniel 8:14, and please NOTE this is a CLEANSENING of the TEMPLE and NOT a rebuilding of the Temple which the H4758 מַראֶה mar'eh (mar-eh') elude to.

see, the H4758 מַראֶה mar'eh in the vision is for the JEWS, but the H2377 חָזוֹן chazown (chaw-zone') is for the Gentiles entrance in time after the Jews. I know you knew this.

101G.
YOU AGAIN!

Cleansing the Temple can mean the destruction of the Temple. No Temple, no sacrifices. Temple cleaned.

YOU AGAIN!

Cleansing the Temple can mean the destruction of the Temple. No Temple, no sacrifices. Temple cleaned.
ERROR, no, cleansing of the temple can be for a restoration in righteousness. which the disciples ask the Lord before he returned to heaven. but a Cleansing is a .... for a better word, a "DETOXTING" or a REMOVAL of something.

101G.

to all, it's a shame, some, not all, Jews don't even know their Language, just like us English speaker also. nor do they nor us FULLY UNDERSTAND the visions given in Daniel 8 & 9. the NT just unravel the OT. 2 Corinthians 5:19 "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation."

reconciling WHO? the world unto himself. not Just Israel ONLY, but the WORLD.
Reconciliation: the restoration of friendly relations.
Another word for Reconciliation is ....... restoration, and of friendly relations. and peace. supportive scripture, Ephesians 2:13 "But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Ephesians 2:14 "For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;" Ephesians 2:15 "Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;" Ephesians 2:16 "And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:" Ephesians 2:17 "And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh."

unto the Jews First and then the Gentiles. the H2377 חָזוֹן chazown is clearly seen in these verses. Daniel 8:13 "Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?"

STOP, "and the host to be trodden under foot?" well who trodden under foot? answer, Revelation 11:1 "And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein." Revelation 11:2 "But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months." .... or 3 1/2 years... sound filmier. (smile).

what did Daniel say? Daniel 8:13 "Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?" answer, Daniel 8:14 "And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed." and this is the VISION/the H2377 חָזוֹן chazown (chaw-zone')

and Daniel did not completely understand, so Gaberial comes again to give Daniel skill in "UNDERSTANDING", or the REVELATION of the Vision/H2377 חָזוֹן chazown (chaw-zone'). which is a vision within itself which is the H4758 מַראֶה mar'eh (mar-eh')/Vision. here it is, while praying, ........ . to God for understanding, Daniel 9:21 "Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation." Daniel 9:22 "And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding." and this skill of understanding was of the H4758 מַראֶה mar'eh (mar-eh') itself.

so the visions, both of them, contains the Nation of Israel, and the World. which happen for the Gentiles when our brother Steven was G3144 μάρτυς martus (mar'-tïs) and this ended the 60 +2 weeks.
G3144 μάρτυς martus (mar'-tïs) 1. a witness.
2. (literally) judicially.
3. (by analogy) a “martyr” (meaning witness).
{literally or figuratively (genitive case)}
[of uncertain affinity]
KJV: martyr, record, witness

by the stoning of our brother Stephen, the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ went unto the Gentiles. which is where we're at tody, and tile is running out. HOW LONG, only the LORD Jesus as Ordinal First/Father KNOWS.

101G.

ERROR, no, cleansing of the temple can be for a restoration in righteousness. which the disciples ask the Lord before he returned to heaven. but a Cleansing is a .... for a better word, a "DETOXTING" or a REMOVAL of something.

101G.
I'm not going to get into this with you because I'm a knucklehead and you're a genius. Whatever you say is good for me.

I'm not going to get into this with you because I'm a knucklehead and you're a genius. Whatever you say is good for me.
NO, the Word of God is neither of the ABOVE, just TRUTH. and it is not changing for U nor ME, no matter what U or I say. ... (smile).... :cool:

101G.

Back
Top Bottom