The 12 I Am Sayings of Christ, not 7 as some teach

civic

The 12 I Am Sayings of Jesus- Tradition teaches 7, Scripture teaches 12.

1. Bread -
I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger.” John 6:35

2. Light - “I am the light of the world; he who follows Me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life.” John 8:12

3. Gate
- “I am the gate; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.” John 10:9

4. Good Shepherd - “I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for His sheep.” John 10:11

5. Resurrection and Life -“I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies.” John 11:25

6. Way, Truth, Life -“I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.” John 14:6

7. True vine- “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.” John 15:1

8, I Am He- “unless you believe I Am He you will die in your sins” John 8:24

9. I Am -Before Abraham was born I AM- John 8:58

10. I am the Alpha and the Omega, Rev1:8, 22:13

11. I Am the first and the last Rev 22:13

12. I Am the beginning and the end.” Rev 22:13

Conclusion : These I Am Claims reveal He is YHWH- The only One who can save a person from Sin, the Only Savior, the Only Lord, the Only Sovereign, the Only Good Shepherd ( YHWH Israels Shepherd in the OT ) the True God and Eternal life- 1 John 5:20

hope this helps !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I find John 18:6 fascinating.

When Jesus told them, “I AM,” they backed away and fell to the ground. (ISV)

I find John 18:6 fascinating.

When Jesus told them, “I AM,” they backed away and fell to the ground. (ISV)
God has a way of humbling people when you are in His presence. Just ask Isaiah who was in the presence of the Son in Isaiah 6- he fell down like a man who was dead. :)

I had always been taught there were only 7 of them and never questioned them. Thanks for informing us of the other 5 sayings.
Its amazing what we can learn and find out when we do our own researching and not depend on the studies and research of others. It was an eye opener for me when I took a dive into the I Am sayings of our God and Savior Jesus Christ- Titus 2:13, 2 Peter 1:1. :)

Thanks for pointing this out.

Living in the fear of the Lord is used in reference to Jesus in equality with what was said of YHWH in the Old Testament.
And the Apostle John experienced the same in the presence of God like the OT prophets did lay on the Holy Ground like a dead man. Prostrate in sacred worship of YHWH.

Rev 1-
In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on meand said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead,and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

another passage declaring His Glory as God.

And All Gods children said AMEN !

18 I am the Living One

BDAG (3rd Edition): it is most comprehensively applied to God...1 Thessalonians 1:9...Revelation 1:18a (zaō, page 425).

That Revelation 1:18 is in reference to the Lord Jesus demonstrates that He is the living and true God.

8, I Am He- “unless you believe I Am He you will die in your sins” John 8:24
On point, and we have God name here, Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I."

the same one speaking in John 8 is the same one speaking in , Isaiah 52. you're getting closer and close to bible 101.... (smile)

101G

#13. Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." another way of saying that he is the Father, (Before/Root of David, Spirit), and Son, (After/Offspring David, spirit).

and he Gives his Name as to who "I AM' is,

#14. Acts 9:4 "And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?" Acts 9:5 "And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks."

101G

Unfortunately many refuse him the throneship of the, "I AM" in their lives but cling to " I believe" he really meant this instead of the very plain words of God!

Back
Top Bottom