Romans 10:11 - Does 'him' refer to the Father or to the Lord Jesus?

Romans 10:11
For the scripture says: “No one who rests his faith on him will be disappointed.” (New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures)

Question: Does the singular "him" refers to Jehovah (their creator) or to Jesus (their creature)?
Answer: That would depend on the time the question is in reference to.

1. March 1, 1959 "him" refers to Jesus.
The Watchtower: Mankind’s only hope, our one refuge and concealment place, is in Zion, God’s heavenly kingdom. There Jehovah has laid as the basis of a stable, enduring government his Son, his tried Stone, his precious Stone of a sure foundation, Jesus Christ the King. (Isa. 28:16; 1 Peter 2:4-6; Rom. 9:32, 33; 10:6-11) (Warnings of Jehovah's Unusual Work, page 144)

2. July 1, 1971 "him" refers to Jehovah.
The Watchtower: Be a worshiper of Jehovah. In unity with other worshipers of Jehovah, acknowledge with thanks your own faith in Jehovah and you will never be disappointed. "For the Scripture says" 'None that rests his faith on him will be disappointed.' For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for there is the same Lord over all, who is rich to all those calling upon him. For ‘everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.’”—Rom. 10:11-13 (Assemblies After the Death of Christ, page 402-403)

3. April 15, 1976 "him" refers to Jesus.
The Watchtower: Time would fail us to bear witness to Jesus Christ and tell all that he means to us as members of the fallen human family. Never will we be disappointed in him. "For the Scripture says: 'None that rests his faith on him will be disappointed.'" (Rom. 10:11; Isa. 28:16) (Why We Need the Kingdom of Jesus Christ, page 245)

Only three months later...

4. July 15, 1976 "him" refers to Jehovah.
The Watchtower: Jehovah God, the God of truth, has given us his solemn “word,” and "none that rests his faith on him will be disappointed." (Rom. 10:11) (A Solid Basis for Confidence, page 443)

5. February 1, 1977 "him" refers to Jesus.
The Watchtower: Romans 10:9 definitely refers to Jesus Christ as Lord, and the quotation from Isaiah 28:16 found in Romans 10:11, "None that rests his faith on him will be disappointed," also applies to Jesus. (Questions From Readers, page 95)

6. October 1981 "him" refers to God.
Kingdom Ministry—1981: Help the householder to see how the material contained in the magazines along with the Bible can build faith in God and his sure promises of a new earth.—Rom. 10:11. (Presenting the Good News—By Returning to Visit New Subscribers, page 8)

7. January 1, 1984 "him" refers to Jesus.
Survival Into a New Earth: But Jesus' own words reflect a spirit that is reassuring. He warmly invites us: "Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find refreshment for your souls. For my yoke is kindly and my load is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30) What an appealing prospect! Those who heed that warm invitation, putting their full confidence in him, will not be disappointed. (Romans 10:11) (Who Leads the Way to Deliverance?, page 70)

Numbers 8 and 9 belong together...

8. November 1, 2004 "him" refers to God.
The Watchtower: The apostle Paul wrote: “None that rests his faith on [God] will be disappointed.” (Romans 10:11) (Will We Ever Enjoy Real Security?, page 32)
9. June 15, 2011 "him" refers to Jesus.
The Watchtower: With reference to Jesus, Paul quoted Isaiah’s words: “None that rests his faith on him will be disappointed.” (Rom. 10:11; Isa. 28:16) (There Is Good News That All Need, page 11)

10. September 15, 2012 "him" refers to Jehovah.
The Watchtower: We are confident that as long as we fully trust in Jehovah and put his Kingdom first, we will not be disappointed—Rom. 10:11. ("You Know Neither the Day Nor the Hour", page 26)

11. 2019 "him" refers to Jesus.
Romans Study Notes—Chapter 10: Paul here shows that a person who exercises faith in Jesus Christ will not experience the shame and disappointment of those whose faith is shown to be in vain. (Romans 10:11)

The Jehovah's Witnesses think the light is growing brighter and brighter for them (Proverbs 4:18). However, their light more accurately resembles the light spoken of here:
Job 10:22
A land of darkness, as darkness itself; and of the shadow of death, without any order, and where the light is as darkness. (KJV)

I'm going to say that him refers to Jesus.

Rom 10:2-13 WEB 2 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, they didn’t subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the fulfillment of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. 5 For Moses writes about the righteousness of the law, “The one who does them will live by them.” 6 But the righteousness which is of faith says this, “Don’t say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ (that is, to bring Christ down); 7 or, ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead.)” 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart;” that is, the word of faith which we preach: 9 that if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes resulting in righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in him will not be disappointed.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich to all who call on him. 13 For, “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

That said, the original passage in Isaiah 28 is talking about YHVH, because the context is talking about YHVH.

Isa 28:16 WEB Therefore the Lord Yahweh says, “Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious cornerstone of a sure foundation. He who believes shall not act hastily.

The him contained in Paul's quote appears to be a Septuagint usage.

Isa 28:16 LXX2012 Therefore thus says the Lord, even the Lord, Behold, I lay for the foundations of Sion a costly stone, a choice, a corner-stone, a precious stone, for its foundations; and he that believes on him shall by no means be ashamed.

Isa 28:16 LXXE Therefore thus saith the Lord, even the Lord, Behold, I lay for the foundations of Sion a costly stone, a choice, a corner-stone, a precious stone, for its foundations; and he that believes on him shall by no means be ashamed.

No trinity religion has holy spirit, they are a mass of confusion= a house divided will not stand. There are hundreds of them with hundreds of different truths. The holy spirit is not confused, mens twistings because a lack of holy spirit has caused it.
The HOLY SPIRIT is the Spirit of Truth

Who else consists of Pure TRUTH?

The one single religion that has Jesus. Are lead by his real teachers( Matt 24:45) the ones he appointed.

#1 - What is the "one single religion" that has Jesus???

#2 - How do determine what truth is?

#3 - Where does the Holy Spirit want to lead you?

The teachings of Jesus clearly point to the one he is with.
i SEE that you are unable to answer the simple questions presented to you.

So here are the answers according to YHWH.

A.) the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth = HE only speaks Truth

B.) LORD Jesus Christ is the Way the Truth and the Life = HE only Speaks Truth

C.) the FATHER of our LORD Jesus Christ only speaks Truth

ALL THREE speak TRUTH
ALL THREE are the Source of TRUTH
ALL THREE are Echad Elohim

ALL THREE are ONE = Matthew 3:17
When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

i SEE that you are unable to answer the simple questions presented to you.

So here are the answers according to YHWH.

A.) the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth = HE only speaks Truth

B.) LORD Jesus Christ is the Way the Truth and the Life = HE only Speaks Truth

C.) the FATHER of our LORD Jesus Christ only speaks Truth

ALL THREE speak TRUTH
ALL THREE are the Source of TRUTH
ALL THREE are Echad Elohim

ALL THREE are ONE = Matthew 3:17
When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
All who do Gods will speak YHWH's(Jehovah) truth. Jesus only spoke what his Father commanded him to speak. ( John 5:30)-- It is God who speaks through the Holy spirit.
Yes Jesus is the way, truth and life for one to get to the Father=ones destination= the Father=YHWH(Jehovah)- Those who learn and obey Jesus' truth, he sends those to his Father to do this-John 4:22-24), 24/7-365.
No all 3 are not Elohim--The name Elijah= EL(Elohim) is YHWH(Jehovah)---In the Hebrew language, Elohim translates-The supreme one or mighty one. Never plural for the true living God.
All 3 are one in purpose--They live to do YHWH(Jehovahs)Father) will, just as all true followers do-Matt 7:21.

All who do Gods will speak YHWH's(Jehovah) truth. Jesus only spoke what his Father commanded him to speak. ( John 5:30)-- It is God who speaks through the Holy spirit.
Yes Jesus is the way, truth and life for one to get to the Father=ones destination= the Father=YHWH(Jehovah)- Those who learn and obey Jesus' truth, he sends those to his Father to do this-John 4:22-24), 24/7-365.
No all 3 are not Elohim--The name Elijah= EL(Elohim) is YHWH(Jehovah)---In the Hebrew language, Elohim translates-The supreme one or mighty one. Never plural for the true living God.
All 3 are one in purpose--They live to do YHWH(Jehovahs)Father) will, just as all true followers do-Matt 7:21.

Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

Jesus said to him, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

If you are not obeying the LORD Jesus Christ then you are not obey God.

Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

Jesus said to him, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

If you are not obeying the LORD Jesus Christ then you are not obey God.
Exactly, one must obey Jesus, he sends those to his Father. Like this super important teaching from Jesus-Matt 6:33-Keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality(Matt 6)--The false religions claiming to be christian, lead by blind guides( 2Cor 11:12-15) teach to seek Jesus' righteousness FIRST because they do not listen to Jesus.

Exactly, one must obey Jesus, he sends those to his Father. Like this super important teaching from Jesus-Matt 6:33-Keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality(Matt 6)--The false religions claiming to be christian, lead by blind guides( 2Cor 11:12-15) teach to seek Jesus' righteousness FIRST because they do not listen to Jesus.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

What is the Righteousness of God???

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

What is the Righteousness of God???
The point there is that Jesus told his followers to seek-YHWH(Jehovahs) righteousness first, not his own.
Obeying is proof of ones love.

Start Here:
Romans 1:17
For the Gospel reveals the righteousness of God that comes by faith from start to finish, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

Romans 3:21-22
But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe.

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

The righteousness of God is the LORD Jesus Christ

Start Here:
Romans 1:17
For the Gospel reveals the righteousness of God that comes by faith from start to finish, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

Romans 3:21-22
But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe.

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

The righteousness of God is the LORD Jesus Christ
These believe-Matt 7:22-23--But will hear those words from Jesus as judgement--obeying and believing it takes to make a whole truth.

I wont. I serve the true living God=YHWH(Jehovah)
Really?

How can that be if you do not serve the True and Living Word Who became flesh.

Where does the LORD Jesus tell us, specifically, to serve YHWH?
Can you find the scripture where JESUS says: "serve YHWH"???

Really?

How can that be if you do not serve the True and Living Word Who became flesh.

Where does the LORD Jesus tell us, specifically, to serve YHWH?
Can you find the scripture where JESUS says: "serve YHWH"???
He said it to satan in the wilderness in response to his taunts. But since your translations are altered by the removal of Gods name by satans will, you get mislead. Matt 4:10--Go away satan, for it is written, it is YHWH(Jehovah) your God you must worship and it is to him alone you must render sacred service. As well at John 4:22-24--after warning all other gods are false, teaches-the true followers will worship the Father( YHWH(Jehovah) in spirit and truth.
Matt 6:33-Keep on seeking-FIRST the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness.
Hallowed be thy( Father) name=YHWH(Jehovah)
John 17:3- The one who sent Jesus=Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD= YHWH(Jehovah) 17:6=YHWH(Jehovah) 17:26= YHWH(Jehovah)

He said it to satan in the wilderness in response to his taunts. But since your translations are altered by the removal of Gods name by satans will, you get mislead. Matt 4:10--Go away satan, for it is written, it is YHWH(Jehovah) your God you must worship and it is to him alone you must render sacred service. As well at John 4:22-24--after warning all other gods are false, teaches-the true followers will worship the Father( YHWH(Jehovah) in spirit and truth.
Matt 6:33-Keep on seeking-FIRST the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness.
Hallowed be thy( Father) name=YHWH(Jehovah)
John 17:3- The one who sent Jesus=Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD= YHWH(Jehovah) 17:6=YHWH(Jehovah) 17:26= YHWH(Jehovah)

LORD Jesus Christ says: "If you have seen ME(YHWH) you have seen the FATHER(ELOHIM)."

the LORD(YHWH) has a question for you @Keiw1 = "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me?"

LORD Jesus Christ says: "If you have seen ME(YHWH) you have seen the FATHER(ELOHIM)."

the LORD(YHWH) has a question for you @Keiw1 = "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me?"
Because Jesus is his image, not him. An image is never the real thing.

Back
Top Bottom