'O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!'

Hi Johann, :)

Works that have been particularly helpful to me, were from The Berean Publishing Trust in London - https://www.bereanexpositor.church/ . They were the books and audio messages of Dr E.W Bullinger, Mr Charles Welch and Stuart Allan. They are available for free download at Bibleunderstanding.com, and also at Believer.com.

https://www.bibleunderstanding.com/Foundations of Dispensational Truth-Bullinger.pdf -
* This is a very good book, Johann for free download.

Pray the prayer of Ephesians 1:17-23 by the way, @Johann for what is prayed for by Paul there is vital for anyone engaged on the journey you and I are on:- 'The spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.

Hope you are sleeping better now.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Thank you so much Chris-have booked marked it and will peruse later when I don't feel so groggy.
Shalom
Johann.
---------------------------------------------------
The Bride, the Body and the Church of Christ?
J.S. wrote:

I found your site through the scripture box on my Google personal home page.

Your articles are very well written.

Much of your teaching has been very informative and thought-provoking and very in line with the Word of God, but this comment about the church in Mystery series #2 and #3 is inconsistent with your strong adherence to the Scriptures. The church is mentioned often in Acts long before Acts28:28, for example: 9:31, 11:22, and 12:5. And when speaking of the believers in the house of Cornelius, the apostles and brethren at Jerusalem specifically say in Acts 11:18 "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life." They, as all true believers, became temples of the Holy Spirit - which is what unites the true church into one body. I'm blessed by much of what you write, but this part that you write about the church is murky and seems to me to be "messing with scriptures". It is never too late to re-examine what you believe and why. Please clarify to me your position on the church of Christ which to me is bride of Christ and body of Christ.

One who loves truth,
J.S.

From Believers.com

Busy reading the response to the question Chris.

Here is the answer-
Ekklesia

The nation of Israel viewed as distinct in their calling to be a kingdom of Priests on the earth (Acts 7:38). In this light, it will be perceived that some care must be exercised when we are seeking to differentiate between the Kingdom and the Church.

The Church spoken of as existing in the days of Christ's earthly ministry before either His sacrificial death or before the day of Pentecost (Matt. 18:17 Matt. 18:20).

The Church concerning which Christ spoke as future, and built upon the rock, and confession Thou art the Christ the Son of the living God related to Peter with his keys of the kingdom of heaven (Matt. 16:18).

The Church which was formed on the day of Pentecost:
partly fulfilled the prophecy of Joel 2:28-29.
awaits complete fulfillment until the future day of the Lord.

is inseparable from the enduement of spiritual gifts.

is inseparable from the kingdom of Israel (Acts 1:6; Acts 2:30-31).

is inseparable from baptism for the remission of sins. This Church is related to the dispersion (Jas. 1:1; Jas. 5:14).

The Church of God, which Paul persecuted before his conversion in Acts 9 (Gal. 1:13, 1 Cor. 15:9; Phil. 3:6) and which continued to assemble and to grow under his subsequent ministry (1 Cor. 1:2; 11:16; 1 Thess. 2:14; 2 Thess. 1:4).

The Church of God, called in the same chapter, the Church of the living God (1 Tim. 3:5,15) to whom was directed that ministry of re-adjustment which had in view the building up of the body of Christ until all arrived in the unity of the faith, etc. (Eph. 4:11-13).

The Church of the One Body, the calling that goes back before the foundation of the world, and ascends to the position far above all where Christ sits. This church is entirely disassociated from all previous companies, having no relation with Israel, Abraham, or New Covenant, but filling the great dispensational parenthesis of Israel's blindness, which fell on that nation in Acts 28. The status, calling and constitution of this Church can be gathered by reading Ephesians and Colossians, remembering as the reading progresses, ever to try the things that differ.

The seven Churches of Asia (Rev. 1 to 3), one of them namely the Church at Pergamos, will be in the city where Satan's seat is (Rev. 2:13). These seven churches will resume where the Church of Pentecost left off and carry the fulfillment of Joel 2:28-29 through to its end. In these Churches, there will be some who will say they are Jews and are not (Rev. 2:9). This company, though enumerated separately, really falls under heading No. 4, but owing to the setting aside of Israel at the coming in of the dispensation of the Mystery, we have listed these Churches separately.

We believe that the earnest student who obeys the injunction of 2 Timothy 2:15 and discovers under which of these heads the church under examination falls, will have no difficulty in correctly relating any church mentioned in the New Testament with its respective calling and dispensation.

Last edited:
'And hath put all things under His feet,
and gave Him to be the head over all things
to the church, which is His body,
the fulness of Him that filleth all in all.'

(Eph 1:22-23)

'Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given,
that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery,
which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God,
Who created all things by Jesus Christ:'

(Eph 3:8-9)

'Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you,
and fill up that which is behind
of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh
for His body's sake,
which is the church: whereof I am made a minister,
according to the dispensation of God
which is given to me for you,
to fulfil the word of God;
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations,
but now is made manifest to His saints:

To whom God would make known
what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;
which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach,
warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom;
that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:'

(Col 1:24-28)

* If this truth concerning the Body of Christ was 'hid in God', 'from ages and from generations', as is clearly stated in the verses above, surely, to seek to find evidence of it in the rest of Scripture, written while it was still, 'hid in God', is a mark of sheer unbelief.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

'And hath put all things under His feet,
and gave Him to be the head over all things
to the church, which is His body,
the fulness of Him that filleth all in all.'

(Eph 1:22-23)

'Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given,
that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery,
which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God,
Who created all things by Jesus Christ:'

(Eph 3:8-9)

'Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you,
and fill up that which is behind
of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh
for His body's sake,
which is the church: whereof I am made a minister,
according to the dispensation of God
which is given to me for you,
to fulfil the word of God;
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations,
but now is made manifest to His saints:

To whom God would make known
what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;
which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach,
warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom;
that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:'

(Col 1:24-28)

* If this truth concerning the Body of Christ was 'hid in God', 'from ages and from generations', as is clearly stated in the verses above, surely, to seek to find evidence of it in the rest of Scripture, written while it was still, 'hid in God', is a mark of sheer unbelief.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Just curious-what prompted you to write this under my post sister?

He is not a Jew who is one outwardly (ethnically).
Your logic you are not a male, no females , so slaves, no free . You once again don’t understand the difference between ethnic and spiritual Jews. The differences in the church and Israel.

Your logic you are not a male, no females , so slaves, no free . You once again don’t understand the difference between ethnic and spiritual Jews. The differences in the church and Israel.

So you deny what the Scripture plainly says by your human rationalization.

Got it.

The land of God's promise is paradise in the other reality next to ours, and not a land upon this earth.

So you deny what the Scripture plainly says by your human rationalization.

Got it.
So you deny what the scripture plainly says by your human rationalization.

I got it.

Gal 3- There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female

So you deny what the scripture plainly says by your human rationalization.

I got it.

Gal 3- There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female

I don't deny that.

I believe it.

I hope you too one day believe God's Word.

Back
Top Bottom