John 1 does not support Calvinism

All of salvation is a gift. That would include faith.
Faith is not salvation; it is the means of receiving salvation!

LOL, one more time. Paul asks, " what do you have that you have not recieved"?

I say NOTHING. You answer would be what? For the fourth time. Would you answer faith?
Technically speaking, I am giving my trust to God, not receiving. To “have faith” is to place or give my trust in God or something else. Thus, it is not the ability to believe that is the issue, but in whom or what we trust!

Doug

Technically speaking, I am giving my trust to God, not receiving. To “have faith” is to place or give my trust in God or something else. Thus, it is not the ability to believe that is the issue, but in whom or what we trust!

Doug
Amen

This isn't failure on God's part.. it's respecting a person's 'no'.

He could reject someone's no and save them anyway, He has that power..but that's not love. That's coersion.

He could have stopped Eve from eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil..and then also Adam.. intervening on Satan's plan..but He didn't.. not because He failed..but that is real love..respecting their choice. They could then believe in Him because they love Him..rather than being automatically saved regardless.

No, the topic is does God fail to save! You claim that God fails to save those who don’t believe.

Doug
No. That's not the topic.

And that's simply false. My God never fails. If He intended to save the He would do just that. If it's God's intention or purpose to save the whole world then the whole world would be saved.

Doug
And there ya go. It's the means to a end provided by God. "You are saved by grace THROUGH faith."

So you deny whosoever implies ability then?

And there ya go. It's the means to a end provided by God. "You are saved by grace THROUGH faith."

So you deny whosoever implies ability then?
It is not provided by God, except for it being part of the image of God in which we are created. The fact that I am created by God implies that I have the ability to trust. Nothing says that faith is provided by God, as if we couldn’t express trust and belief in someone or something without his intervention.

Doug

It is not provided by God, except for it being part of the image of God in which we are created. The fact that I am created by God implies that I have the ability to trust. Nothing says that faith is provided by God, as if we couldn’t express trust and belief in someone or something without his intervention.

Doug

Doug
I believe it does. Ephesians 1 says salvation is a gift of God. Faith is part of salvation as is grace. Hence you are saved by grace THROUGH faith. Not because of faith.

I believe it does. Ephesians 1 says salvation is a gift of God. Faith is part of salvation as is grace. Hence you are saved by grace THROUGH faith. Not because of faith.
Grace and faith are the means of salvation, they are not salvation. Hands and mouth are the means of enjoying an apple; hands and mouth are not the apple!

Doug

You said “Faith is part of salvation as is grace”, as in “your eyes and nose are part of your face.”. A car is the means to the grocery store, but the car is not part of the grocery.

Doug
You cannot be saved without can you? If faith is not part of salvation then is it really necessary??

The car, however is part of the process of getting groceries right? In your scenario.

Bottom line is your saved by grave and faith is God's chosen means to accomplish it

You cannot be saved without can you?
I can’t get to the grocery without a means of transportation.

If faith is not part of salvation then is it really necessary??
You tell me; in your system of thought you are regenerated/born again before you believe. So what’s the purpose of faith if you are already born again?

The car, however is part of the process of getting groceries right? In your scenario.
Ah, so now you move the goalposts: yes faith and grace are part of the process of being saved, as is preaching the gospel, but you did not say that faith is part of the process, you said grace and faith are part of salvation and thus are a gift.

Bottom line is your saved by grave and faith is God's chosen means to accomplish it
Again, if we are regenerated before we believe, faith is superfluous at best and meaningless in its purpose at worst.

Doug

I can’t get to the grocery without a means of transportation.

You tell me; in your system of thought you are regenerated/born again before you believe. So what’s the purpose of faith if you are already born again?

Ah, so now you move the goalposts: yes faith and grace are part of the process of being saved, as is preaching the gospel, but you did not say that faith is part of the process, you said grace and faith are part of salvation and thus are a gift.

Again, if we are regenerated before we believe, faith is superfluous at best and meaningless in its purpose at worst.

Doug
No kidding. So faith is necessary because God has decided so. It's His chosen means.

Easy. It's all part if the same process which you would agree. What we will never agree on is the exact order of the process.

Maybe not. But I am now. Faith is part of the process of God's work in saving His elect. Salvation is 100% of God from start to finish. Sola Deo Gloria!

I could say the same Doug. What's the point of regeneration after faith?

No kidding. So faith is necessary because God has decided so. It's His chosen means.
Does God require anything that’s unnecessary? Yes, it is his chosen means!
Easy. It's all part if the same process which you would agree. What we will never agree on is the exact order of the process.
Truer words were never spoken! 😇

Maybe not. But I am now. Faith is part of the process of God's work in saving His elect. Salvation is 100% of God from start to finish. Sola Deo Gloria!
This is just as true as your last statement; but it doesn’t mean regeneration precedes faith.
I could say the same Doug. What's the point of regeneration after faith?

That we are regenerated!

Doug

Does God require anything that’s unnecessary? Yes, it is his chosen means!

Truer words were never spoken! 😇

This is just as true as your last statement; but it doesn’t mean regeneration precedes faith.

That we are regenerated!

Doug
What is regeneration and what is its purpose post faith?

Back
Top Bottom