I wish I were a Unitarian...

An Agent isn't necessary when a NT author can easily and clearly refer to the Father instead of Jesus.

That's why I wrote "New Testament" in my previous post.
The agency argument is just a way for them to get around all of the times the bible calls Jesus God. They come up with all these reasons that are not found in the bible to deny Jesus. I stopped answering the door when they knock. I obey Johns command here in his second letter.

“ 7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.8 Watch out that you do not lose what we[a]have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christdoes not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. 11 Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.”

“God here shares his own exalted status with Jesus in a way that does not jeopardize God’s ultimate supremacy … In ancient Judaism, God could empower agents to wield his full power and authority, precisely because any figure so empowered always remained by definition subject and subordinate to the one empowering him, namely God.”

(James McGrath, The Only True God, cited by James D.G. Dunn in Did The First Christians Worship Jesus?, p. 107, fn 34)

The agency argument is just a way for them to get around all of the times the bible calls Jesus God. They come up with all these reasons that are not found in the bible to deny Jesus. I stopped answering the door when they knock. I obey Johns command here in his second letter.

“ 7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.8 Watch out that you do not lose what we[a]have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christdoes not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. 11 Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.”

I’ve been welcomed here by the forum owner, @civic.

“God here shares his own exalted status with Jesus in a way that does not jeopardize God’s ultimate supremacy … In ancient Judaism, God could empower agents to wield his full power and authority, precisely because any figure so empowered always remained by definition subject and subordinate to the one empowering him, namely God.”

(James McGrath, The Only True God, cited by James D.G. Dunn in Did The First Christians Worship Jesus?, p. 107, fn 34)

In spite of McGrath’s energetic efforts here to make the Jesus-devotion in the NT appear uncontroversial and unremarkable, many will likely judge that the Jesus-devotion reflected in the NT in which Jesus is programmatically linked with God in worship and belief represents a unique (in its time) and highly significant variant-form of monotheistic faith. (page 7)

So i could discover for the first time the awe and wonder of how God became a man to redeem me!

Let's bring this down to the human level for a minute. Would it be a greater act of love for a man to sacrifice his son for the sins of the world, or to sacrifice himself for the sins of the world? I say the former.

Back
Top Bottom