Gods emotions disprove Calvinism

civic

If election, predestination are correct and Gods will is always done here on earth then God should neve be surprised by mans actions here since God ordains every single one of them in eternity past. Since everything here was predetermined to occur even sin then nothing should cause God to have any emotions over what He planned to happen. But Scripture describes God as having these emotions which are God also designed man to experience.

God is longsuffering , He laughs, gets angry,feels compassion, joy, sorrow ,grief,regret, weeps, loves, acts kindly, is patient, jealous, laments, is pleased, disappointed etc...

So a God who predetermined everything according to the calvinist doctrines should not be emotional over the sin in mankind He designed and created for them to occur.

The answer to this dilemma ? God did not predetermine what calvinist teach in their doctrines. God is actin=ve in His creation, always has been and always will be because He really does care about every single person that He created in His image and which is why every single person has value and God loves every single person that He created which is why He is emotional over their rejection of the gospel, Jesus dying for every mans sins and His great love for every person Jesus made atonement for- no one is excluded from Gods love, salvation and atonement. Its because God universal love for mankind we see His emotions all over the pages of scripture because we grieve Him, disappoint Him over and over again and again.

Jesus describes it perfectly below in Luke 13:34

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets and stonest them that are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! "

Jesus affirms calvinsm cannot be true above. In that system they are doing exactly what God determined for them to do.

He loves. “God is love” (1 John 4:8).
He gives with and from His love. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son” (John 3:16).
He feels delight. “The Lord took delight in doing you good” (Deuteronomy 28:63).
He laughs and is happy. “He who sits in heaven laughs” (Psalm 2:4).
He feels and acts with kindness. “. . . according to His kind intention” (Ephesians 1:9 NASB).
He enjoys and gives pleasure. “At your right hand are pleasures forevermore” (Psalm 16:11).
He feels gladness. “You make him glad with the joy of your presence” (Psalm 21:6).
He feels compassion. “He had compassion for them” (Matthew 9:36).
He feels grief. “He grieved at their hardness of heart” (Mark 3:5).
He feels deep sadness and loss. “Our sorrows He carried” (Isaiah 53:4, NASB).
He feels anger. “I was angry with my people” (Isaiah 47:6).
He feels regret. “I regret that I have made Saul king” (1 Samuel 15:11).
He longs. “How often I have longed to gather your children together” (Matthew 23:37, NIV).
He hurts. “He was . . . a man of sorrows” (Isaiah 53:3).

Lets discuss @praise_yeshua @Rockson @TomL @synergy @makesends @Presby02 @The Rogue Tomato @Joe @Johann @Bob Carabbio @Studyman @Theophilus @TibiasDad @Swordman @SteveB @Grace ambassador @Fred @koberstein @Doug Brents @Soyeong @Complete @armylngst @Behold @MatthewG @Red Baker @Kermos @charismaticlady @360watt @Jamie Russell CME @Dizerneruncle @atpollard @PapaLandShark

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:
God is longsuffering , He laughs, gets angry,feels compassion, joy, sorrow ,grief,regret, weeps, loves, acts kindly, is patient, jealous, laments, is pleased, disappointed etc...
So let's take one of those things shall we. Anger. If the actions of created beings were ordained by him to occur then where in the name of sanity could one even come to the place of believing that such anger was real and genuine. Imagine a pawn on a chess board. You ORDAIN it's move, and because you ordained it you caused it to move that way.

Now the one who ordained get's mad and upset? He may act like he's upset but never could it be real and genuine. Thus with Calvinism. God is claiming things by the word but Calvinists really are saying God really didn't mean them. Or if ones can actually believe one can direct and ordain every action and get mad when it's played out......what strange thing one has to do with their minds to accept that.

So let's take one of those things shall we. Anger. If the actions of created beings were ordained by him to occur then where in the name of sanity could one even come to the place of believing that such anger was real and genuine. Imagine a pawn on a chess board. You ORDAIN it's move, and because you ordained it you caused it to move that way.

Now the one who ordained get's mad and upset? He may act like he's upset but never could it be real and genuine. Thus with Calvinism. God is claiming things by the word but Calvinists really are saying God really didn't mean them. Or if ones can actually believe one can direct and ordain every action and get mad when it's played out......what strange thing one has to do with their minds to accept that.
Yes it’s an oxymoron

If election, predestination are correct and Gods will is always done here on earth then God should neve be surprised by mans actions here since God ordains every single one of them in eternity past. Since everything here was predetermined to occur even sin then nothing should cause God to have any emotions over what He planned to happen. But Scripture describes God as having these emotions which are God also designed man to experience.

So a God who predetermined everything according to the calvinist doctrines should not be emotional over the sin in mankind He designed and created for them to occur.

The answer to this dilemma ? God did not predetermine what calvinist teach in their doctrines. God is actin=ve in His creation, always has been and always will be because He really does care about every single person that He created in His image and which is why every single person has value and God loves every single person that He created which is why He is emotional over their rejection of the gospel, Jesus dying for every mans sins and His great love for every person Jesus made atonement for- no one is excluded from Gods love, salvation and atonement. Its because God universal love for mankind we see His emotions all over the pages of scripture because we grieve Him, disappoint Him over and over again and again.

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets and stonest them that are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! "

Jesus affirms calvinsm cannot be true above. In that system they are doing exactly what God determined for them to do.

He gives with and from His love. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son” (John 3:16).
He feels delight. “The Lord took delight in doing you good” (Deuteronomy 28:63).
He feels and acts with kindness. “. . . according to His kind intention” (Ephesians 1:9 NASB).
He enjoys and gives pleasure. “At your right hand are pleasures forevermore” (Psalm 16:11).
He feels gladness. “You make him glad with the joy of your presence” (Psalm 21:6).
He longs. “How often I have longed to gather your children together” (Matthew 23:37, NIV).

Lets discuss @praise_yeshua @Rockson @TomL @synergy @makesends @Presby02 @The Rogue Tomato @Joe @Johann @Bob Carabbio @Studyman @Theophilus @TibiasDad @Swordman @SteveB @Grace ambassador @Fred @koberstein @Doug Brents @Soyeong @Complete @armylngst @Behold @MatthewG @Red Baker @Kermos @charismaticlady

hope this helps !!!
Betrayal God responds as though betrayed

Jeremiah 3:19 (KJV 1900) — 19 But I said, How shall I put thee among the children, and give thee a pleasant land, a goodly heritage of the hosts of nations? and I said, Thou shalt call me, My father; and shalt not turn away from me.

Jeremiah 3:6–11 (KJV 1900) — 6 The LORD said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen that which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot. 7 And I said after she had done all these things, Turn thou unto me. But she returned not. And her treacherous sister Judah saw it. 8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also. 9 And it came to pass through the lightness of her whoredom, that she defiled the land, and committed adultery with stones and with stocks. 10 And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the LORD. 11 And the LORD said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah.

Hosea 1:2–11 (KJV 1900) — 2 The beginning of the word of the LORD by Hosea. And the LORD said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the LORD. 3 So he went and took Gomer the daughter of Diblaim; which conceived, and bare him a son. 4 And the LORD said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel. 5 And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel in the valley of Jezreel. 6 And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Lo-ruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away. 7 But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen. 8 Now when she had weaned Lo-ruhamah, she conceived, and bare a son. 9 Then said God, Call his name Lo-ammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God. 10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God. 11 Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.

And that's EXACTLY what Jesus did affirm in a no uncertain way. For one's to say or claim that Jesus words of intent weren't true in the above verse is for one to place themselves in an inexcusable position. It wasn't just clear but crystal clear what God was willing to do. Calvinists claim that he wasn't.

And that's EXACTLY what Jesus did affirm in a no uncertain way. For one's to say or claim that Jesus words of intent weren't true in the above verse is for one to place themselves in an inexcusable position. It wasn't just clear but crystal clear what God was willing to do. Calvinists claim that he wasn't.
Revealed will vs secret will

It's wrong

Revealed will vs secret will

It's wrong
And wrong on such a high degree that you can have Jesus actually weeping over Jerusalem Lk 19:41 with tears and telling the people what he God was willing to do for them and lamenting and exclaiming that they weren't willing....to have Calvinists come along and put out a doctrine which basically says that his tears and grief was not sincere.....is there any depth one won't go to not admit Jesus was telling the truth? That God truly and sincerely WANTED to gather them? To say it's shaky ground for them to hold to their position is an understatement. They would basically be saying Jesus was only play acting and not to be taken seriously. Please folks don't put yourself in a position where you'll have to answer for this!

Lets discuss @praise_yeshua @Rockson @TomL @synergy @makesends @Presby02 @The Rogue Tomato @Joe @Johann @Bob Carabbio @Studyman @Theophilus @TibiasDad @Swordman @SteveB @Grace ambassador @Fred @koberstein @Doug Brents @Soyeong @Complete @armylngst @Behold @MatthewG @Red Baker @Kermos @charismaticlady @360watt

hope this helps !!!

There are many falsehoods and deceptions about the Holy Scriptures promoted by this world's many different religious sects and businesses. Has this not always been the case in the Examples God had written for our admonition? What was the very first problem that God showed men who have a choice? Was it not Eve listening to a voice who "Professed to know God" that facilitated the fall of man in the first place? And what does this show us, that we can all expect the exact same "Choice" that Eve was given, only we have the examples she didn't have. So armed with this "Armor" and the "Sword of the Lord" we should expect this "other voice", this "many" who profess to know God, to prove us so that we won't, as Paul teaches "to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted." Predestination of Calvinism is only one of the false doctrines promoted by the "many" voices who come in Christ's Name. But shouldn't we seek the foundation of this false teaching? And if we do, will it not lead to the discernment of other false teachings?

For me, who like Paul believes all that is written in the Law and Prophets, "Calvinism" was exposed as a false doctrine by Moses and the Prophets. Duet. 30 is only one of many places where men are tasked by God with making a choice about whose voice to "Yield Oneself" servants to obey. (Rom. 6: 16).

But the mainstream preachers of Paul's time promoted more than just one lie about God, just as the religions of this world promote more than one lie about God.

Since my youth I have been taught by "Many" who call Jesus Lord, Lord, that God created EVERY human as an "Immortal" soul, that HE Himself cannot destroy. That HE gives the gift of immortality to EVERY man, some out of Love and mercy, others out of hatred and eternal grudge. The same Scriptures that Calvinists use to support their religious doctrine of "Predestination", can also be twisted to support the popular religious philosophy that ALL men are immortal souls like satan and his angels.

I have been taught by many who "Transform themselves" as Apostles of Christ, that the Jews were trying to earn salvation by being obedient to God and His Laws. This also, is an insidious falsehood promoted by "Many" who come in Christ's Name.

I have also been taught by most every religious sect and business which exists in the world God placed me in, that God had compassion on Abraham's children in Egypt, and did many miracles to show them who HE was so they would trust Him, and 650,000 did trust Him and followed HIM out of Egypt, only to place on their necks Laws which were a Yoke of Bondage impossible for them to follow. But HE lied to them and told them they could obey Him and slaughtered them by the thousands when they didn't. And His Son Jesus had to come and save mankind from God, and God's Laws and God's Wrath against the unrighteousness and ungodliness of men. These are only a couple of the many false philosophies and doctrines being promoted by "The other voice" in the garden God placed us in, there are many more.

So YES, in my view it is important to discern the philosophy of Calvinism by the Sword of the Lord, the Holy Scriptures. But it seems foolish to Judge the symptoms of deception without seeking the foundation. And why are there still "Many" who have adopted the falsehood of Calvinism and other popular religious philosophies of men? Paul tells us if we would only believe.

2 Cor. 3: 14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. 15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. 16 Nevertheless when it (The heart) shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

"Turn to the Lord", not one of this world popular religious "voices" which exist in the garden God placed us in.

2 Thess. 2: And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume "with the spirit of his mouth", (The Sword of the Lord, Yes?) and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

This was true for Caleb, David, Hezikiah and EVERY Example of Faith given to us as examples "for our admonition". But "many" will just not persuaded, and the Jesus of the Bible tells us this as well.

Luke 16: 31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Great topic, very important. But certainly controversial.

Last edited:
And wrong on such a high degree that you can have Jesus actually weeping over Jerusalem Lk 19:41 with tears and telling the people what he God was willing to do for them and lamenting and exclaiming that they weren't willing....to have Calvinists come along and put out a doctrine which basically says that his tears and grief was not sincere.....is there any depth one won't go to not admit Jesus was telling the truth? That God truly and sincerely WANTED to gather them? To say it's shaky ground for them to hold to their position is an understatement. They would basically be saying Jesus was only play acting and not to be taken seriously. Please folks don't put yourself in a position where you'll have to answer for this!
Why can anyone not get this in their head?

Back
Top Bottom