God is Plural

To @Grace ambassador and anyone else interested in listening....

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. [James 1:17]

God is the Father only and he is one person only. There is no one else beside him and there is no one like him. The Father as in James says Father God does not change like shifting shadows. Meaning is does not change to become a party of two other persons either, and share it with his own created Son and his own Holy Spirit.

@civic and anyone else who care to read.....Remember when a religious teacher of the law approached Yahshua and asked him which of the commandments is the most important:

“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one…”
“Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him…”
When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God…” [Mark 12:28-34]

This incident was the perfect opportunity for Yahshua to correct Judaic misconceptions about God’s nature and give a Trinitarian understanding. As you can see the exact opposite is the case, by quoting the Old Testament commandment about God being One and agreeing with this teacher’s interpretation, Yahshua is affirming a Hebraic/Judahite understanding of God that is purely monotheistic and rejects all notion of God being a Trinity. Not only is this teacher's wisdom about God approved, Yahshua also goes so far as to complement him, saying that he is close to the kingdom of God.

And there many more scriptural examples....

The Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit also lacks God’s perfect knowledge:

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” [Mark 13:32]

Here Yahshua categorically and emphatically states that no one, which includes himself and the Holy Spirit, knows the Hour, but only the Father. Since they both lack the Father’s knowledge, the Trinitarian claim that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are equal is false.

The Holy Spirit is the core central attribute of the Father, the extension and asset of the Father that he extends into this Universe, and the Father controls it of course by his OWN word or mind of expression as when he used IT in the original creation.

And more....

If God wanted humanity to believe in His Triune nature, then why isn’t it clearly and explicitly defined anywhere in Scripture? There is no statement to be found anywhere in the Bible where God is described as being three co-equal persons, Father Son and Holy Ghost. This is in spite of the fact that there were numerous opportunities that were presented to Jesus where he could have spelled this out in detail:

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”
“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
“Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbour as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.” [Mark 12:29-33]

It’s important to note that the local 'Jewish' understanding of the commandments rejects all thoughts of God being a Trinity. So in the passages above, by simply repeating the commandment about God being One, Yahshua is re-affirming the 'Jewish' understanding of God’s nature and therefore rejecting the Trinitarian understanding.

Last one for now....

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. [John 17:3]

This statement in the Bible is devastating to the doctrine of the Trinity, as it clearly identifies God as the only true God to the exclusion of Yahshua. Here Yahshua defines his own position as the Messiah, distinct from the Godhead, which consists of the Father alone. There is only ONE source of divinity(Godhood) and others share in it, like his Son especially and even genuine believers, as many will be surprised in knowing.

Last one for now....

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. [John 17:3]

This statement in the Bible is devastating to the doctrine of the Trinity, as it clearly identifies God as the only true God to the exclusion of Yahshua. Here Yahshua defines his own position as the Messiah, distinct from the Godhead, which consists of the Father alone. There is only ONE source of divinity(Godhood) and others share in it, like his Son especially and even genuine believers, as many will be surprised in knowing.
ERROR, it do not exclude YESHUA, it includes the Lord. this is the ECHAD we speak of. did you notice the "AND", conjunction there in the verse? question, concerning the Godhead, is this two persons or one. James 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

is Not God the Father, so why but the same conjunction "AND" between the two titles? your answer please.

101G.

ERROR, it do not exclude YESHUA, it includes the Lord. this is the ECHAD we speak of. did you notice the "AND", conjunction there in the verse? question, concerning the Godhead, is this two persons or one. James 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

is Not God the Father, so why but the same conjunction "AND" between the two titles? your answer please.

101G.
I do not know what you are on, but this verse has a conjunction in it for a PURPOSE! To show you that the TRUE God is not the same person and God, his Son Jesus the Christ, even through they BOTH represent for us ETERNAL LIFE. Yes it includes Yahshua for our ETERNAL LIFE so I would not mix the subjects and confuse who they are with the object or purpose of the verse. And mentioned another verse for support is ridiculous. You have a different agenda and desire to read something into this verse that is clearly absent.

And the lord Yahshua is not the ECHAD we are speaking of at all....rubbish talk

How could yo mess up and confuse such a very simple verse like this is beyond me.

o not know what you are on, but this verse has a conjunction in it for a PURPOSE! To show you that the TRUE God is not the same person and God, his Son Jesus the Christ, even through they BOTH represent for us ETERNAL LIFE.
Another ERROR on your Part. Only the Lord Jesus has ETERNAL LIFE...... ONLY. Listen and Learn. 1 Timothy 6:14 "That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:" 1 Timothy 6:15 "Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;" 1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen."

THE Lord JESUS IS THE "ONLY" ONE WITH ETERNAL LIFE. AND YOU DO KNOW WHAT "ONLY" MEANS RIGHT?. IF NOT,
ONLY: "and no one or nothing more besides; solely or exclusively"

Either the bible LIUED at John 17:3 or you. and the bible don't LIE.

Only the Lord JESUS has ETERNAL LIFE, WHY? because in the ECHAD of the Godhead he is Father and Son.... Oh my God this is too easy.

PICJAG, 101G.

The name of God was never written until the israelites cursed them themselves and went into captivity and in that cursed state, copied down whatever they could see in that 'state' because now He did not speak to them! They got there for not understanding His words to begin with and rejecting His prophets. Not inspired. His name based on 4 vowels means He who gives breathing.

The name of God was never written until the israelites cursed them themselves and went into captivity and in that cursed state, copied down whatever they could see in that 'state' because now He did not speak to them! They got there for not understanding His words to begin with and rejecting His prophets. Not inspired. His name based on 4 vowels means He who gives breathing.
the Name of God is never given in the OT, but is reference to in the term MY "SALVATION". for the term "I AM" is not God personal Name. for I AM or H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v. is a VERB, and NOT a NOUN. My God ... how hard is it not to UNDERSTAND?

101G.

IEUE ❤️

josephus notes 4 vowels.

it was never consonants, was not written down until the israelites went to captivity and esau produced the corrupt scroll (septuagint, kjv etc.. the sealed vision.

the four hebrew letters transliterate to 'He who gives Breathing'. (reading right to left. breath is ruach… רוח... referring to His Feminine Spirit...thus He who gives Life, His Spirit, to us ...she as our mother

“A mitre also of fine linen encompassed his head, which was tied by a blue ribbon, about which there was another golden crown, in which was engraven the sacred name [of the Almighty]: it consists of four vowels.” ——Josephus, 75 AD, The War of the Jews, Book 5. 5. 7.

Last edited:
the Son is surely deity having eden nature.
as will all His 144k sons.

God the father is not the son though both are deity.

if both are deity, and one is not the other, then you have two Gods, or two deity.

again you have two or more ...... "Gods".

101G.
no. I see a gorgeous sweet family with God making everything possible. Compare Having his nature/being in Him to the current situation where we have/are in this fallen nature.

The sons will be restored to their birthright.

if both are deity, and one is not the other, then you have two Gods, or two deity.

again you have two or more ...... "Gods".

101G.

deity is His type nature, physicality - life .. His signature is on everything of His.

Only He gives life.

no. I see a gorgeous sweet family with God making everything possible. Compare Having his nature/being in Him to the current situation where we have/are in this fallen nature.

The sons will be restored to their birthright.
that's not what 101G responded to. if you have two who is deity, and they are separate and distinct, then you have two Gods.

101G.

The book of Hebrews begins with awesome words about the Lord Jesus Christ and His importance in God’s unfolding revelation.

Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs. Hebrews1:1–4

I think the Christology in the book of Hebrews is exceedingly high; in fact, it is one of the chief reasons why the early church was inclined to affirm the deity of Christ. Here we see Christ again described as the Son of God and as the agent of creation, who presents a vastly superior revelation than did the prophets of the Old Testament.

But the author also presents the concept that the Son of God is “the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature.” This is a clear reference to Jesus’ deity, but the author is also distinguishing the Son of God from the Father in terms of the idea of personhood. The Father’s person is expressed in the person of the Son. So even though both the Father and Son are divine, the author of Hebrews here sets forth the idea of a personal distinction in the Godhead.

Jesus himself alludes to the trinity:

Jesus replied, Have I been with all of you for so long a time, and do you not recognize and know Me yet, Philip? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say then, Show us the Father?
10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in Me? What I am telling you I do not say on My own authority and of My own accord; but the Father Who lives continually in Me does the (His) works (His own miracles, deeds of power).
11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me; or else believe Me for the sake of the [very] works themselves. [If you cannot trust Me, at least let these works that I do in My Father’s name convince you.]
John 14:9–11

Back
Top Bottom