God is Plural

No. You are doing that! I am relegating a man TO BE a man, not like a man.

I suppose Jesus lied like you and I have. Right? What man do you know that hasn't lied?

Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Where have you ceased repenting?

Last edited:
Let this same attitude and purpose and [humble] mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus: [Let Him be your example in humility:]
6 Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did not think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped or retained,
7 But stripped Himself [of all privileges and rightful dignity], so as to assume the guise of a servant (slave), in that He became like men and was born a human being.
8 And after He had appeared in human form, He abased and humbled Himself [still further] and carried His obedience to the extreme of death, even the death of the cross!
9 Therefore [because He stooped so low] God has highly exalted Him and has freely bestowed on Him the name that is above every name,
10 That in (at) the name of Jesus every knee should (must) bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 And every tongue [frankly and openly] confess and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:5–11

“Have this attitude in you, which was in Christ Jesus, who emptied himself.” That's the attitude we're supposed to have. We're not supposed to be full of ourselves. “Though he was in the form of God he did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped.” He came as a servant, To serve.

Roman emperors Were the exact opposite. They wanted to grasp, seize, "harpazō" divinity. They wanted to be worshiped like God. A lot of kings and emperors were like that throughout history.

Now Jesus emptied himself and did this:

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because of which He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim deliverance to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to send forth in deliverance the oppressed, Luke 4:18

Satan fell into the same trap, he wanted to exalt himself. And I believe it's what everyone wants to do that's not saved. They want to be their own God and in charge of their own destiny. They want to be full of themselves.

But to go back to Phil 2:7, “But Jesus emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of humans, and being found in human form, he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross.”

Did you know that the Romans referred to crucifixion as "servile supplicium", slave’s death? Isn’t that interesting? I thought it was. In Philippians 2 Paul is talking about Jesus who played the role, took on the form of a servant, and died a servant’s death on the cross. I can see how Phil 2 would be very meaningful to Christian slaves in the first and second centuries. And it's important to us today because we're called to be imitators of Christ, in other words to be a servant. To empty ourselves of all of our self-righteousness.

Jesus who emptied Himself of the very honors that the Roman emperors desired so to have, including equality with God Himself. Jesus empties Himself, takes on the form of a servant, even to the point of dying a servant’s death on the cross.

It’s an honorific title. Not a title of belittling. Still, it serves the purpose of John 1:18 - it destroys the 3 are one IDOL.

My contempt is with the idea that the attitude and motivation for God to act is a separate ‘person’ from God.

There is only one God, who we relate to as father. He and Jesus are honored in John 1:18 - no ‘3rd person.’ This is because it is not a person.

See how selfish you've made God? You've fashioned God after your own lusts and after your own actions. Sharing Glory and Power among themselves isn't detrimental to any sense of Divinity. Such is true to ignorant men who have no affection to share completely and perfectly with one another.

Last edited:
Let this same attitude and purpose and [humble] mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus: [Let Him be your example in humility:]
6 Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did not think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped or retained,
7 But stripped Himself [of all privileges and rightful dignity], so as to assume the guise of a servant (slave), in that He became like men and was born a human being.
8 And after He had appeared in human form, He abased and humbled Himself [still further] and carried His obedience to the extreme of death, even the death of the cross!
9 Therefore [because He stooped so low] God has highly exalted Him and has freely bestowed on Him the name that is above every name,
10 That in (at) the name of Jesus every knee should (must) bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 And every tongue [frankly and openly] confess and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:5–11

“Have this attitude in you, which was in Christ Jesus, who emptied himself.” That's the attitude we're supposed to have. We're not supposed to be full of ourselves. “Though he was in the form of God he did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped.” He came as a servant, To serve.

Roman emperors Were the exact opposite. They wanted to grasp, seize, "harpazō" divinity. They wanted to be worshiped like God. A lot of kings and emperors were like that throughout history.

Now Jesus emptied himself and did this:

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because of which He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim deliverance to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to send forth in deliverance the oppressed, Luke 4:18

Satan fell into the same trap, he wanted to exalt himself. And I believe it's what everyone wants to do that's not saved. They want to be their own God and in charge of their own destiny. They want to be full of themselves.

But to go back to Phil 2:7, “But Jesus emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of humans, and being found in human form, he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross.”

Did you know that the Romans referred to crucifixion as "servile supplicium", slave’s death? Isn’t that interesting? I thought it was. In Philippians 2 Paul is talking about Jesus who played the role, took on the form of a servant, and died a servant’s death on the cross. I can see how Phil 2 would be very meaningful to Christian slaves in the first and second centuries. And it's important to us today because we're called to be imitators of Christ, in other words to be a servant. To empty ourselves of all of our self-righteousness.

Jesus who emptied Himself of the very honors that the Roman emperors desired so to have, including equality with God Himself. Jesus empties Himself, takes on the form of a servant, even to the point of dying a servant’s death on the cross.
Nice 👍🏼

What about save people do you believe they can deceive themselves into being full of themselves? Instead of being filled with the Holy Spirit? I know that a follower of Jesus is empowered to live the life God intended for them by submitting to the presence, power and purpose of the Holy Spirit in their lives.

I've heard said that the Christian life is not hard, it’s impossible. and for many, defeat and discouragement characterize their Christian life. And while it’s true that the Christian life is impossible to live out of your own strength, God does not want defeat and discouragement to characterize the believer’s life. How do we overcome that?

I'm thinking it's definitely not by being filled with ourselves but it is by being filled with the Holy Spirit. I think we need all three in our lives the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit.

What about save people do you believe they can deceive themselves into being full of themselves? Instead of being filled with the Holy Spirit? I know that a follower of Jesus is empowered to live the life God intended for them by submitting to the presence, power and purpose of the Holy Spirit in their lives.

I've heard said that the Christian life is not hard, it’s impossible. and for many, defeat and discouragement characterize their Christian life. And while it’s true that the Christian life is impossible to live out of your own strength, God does not want defeat and discouragement to characterize the believer’s life. How do we overcome that?

I'm thinking it's definitely not by being filled with ourselves but it is by being filled with the Holy Spirit. I think we need all three in our lives the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Paul deals with the carnal Christian in 1 Corinthians. They grieved the Spirit by satisfying the flesh and there was no unity in the body which Paul addresses and rebukes them for.

Are you seriously denying that we are created in the image of God?

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
I'm seriously denying that God is plural as GE 1:27 shows the use of singular pronouns in referring to God.

You are making an assumption in who God is talking to and subordinating 1,000's of verses that refer to God using singular pronouns that make NO ASSUMPTION that it is God that is being referred to. Why is that? IDOLATRY.

I guess that literally makes Him an iron structure fastened to two posts that prevents unauthorized entry.....

Right? Geesh
Not really an answer to the question.

Since I've joined this site, the dominant reply to questions is non-responsive. It shows an intellectual unwillingness to seek the truth by answering simple questions. Jesus is OF God. No one is denying that. This is why so often when God and Jesus are juxtaposed in one verse, there is most commonly an "OF" between them, e.g., servant, gate, lamb, word and son OF God.

IS does not mean OF. OF does not mean IS. Jesus is the gateway OF or to God.

I suppose Jesus lied like you and I have. Right? What man do you know that hasn't lied?
Absolutely Jesus lied!

In one passage he refers to destroying the temple. Before that in Scripture "the temple" referred to in every case as Solomon's temple. Jesus even knew that his hearers would take it that way. John later tries to cover up the lie, claiming Jesus was talking about some other temple.

Here is a great illustration that destroy's trinitarian suppositions that if Jesus does not deny something, it means what the person said is correct.

His hearers responded to Jesus about how the renovated temple of Solomon took 46 years to rebuild. No correction as to what temple was being discussed. Why? Lie. Pure and simple.

A great thread topic is how God himself lies. I've reconciled that by recognizing God and Jesus are both at war with evil and deception is a basic tool of war.

See how selfish you've made God?
God is selfish. Everything he created is for his glory. He even says he is a jealous God. What Bible are you reading?

As a unitarian Christian, I am amazed that anyone who has actually read the Bible adheres to the 4th century man-made tradition revealed by the question of what is Biblically more important:
  1. 1 Timothy 1:17 (NLT) All honor and glory to God forever and ever! He (singular) is the eternal King, the unseen one (singular) who never dies; he (singular) alone (singular) is God. Amen. (emphasis added)
  2. Divide glory, even among God’s servants (explicitly stated to include Jesus @ Acts 3:13)?

Not really an answer to the question.

Since I've joined this site, the dominant reply to questions is non-responsive. It shows an intellectual unwillingness to seek the truth by answering simple questions. Jesus is OF God. No one is denying that. This is why so often when God and Jesus are juxtaposed in one verse, there is most commonly an "OF" between them, e.g., servant, gate, lamb, word and son OF God.

IS does not mean OF. OF does not mean IS. Jesus is the gateway OF or to God.

I answered you. You don't want to be answered. You desire to keep your delusion.

Your response is senseless. Jesus both claim to be OF and IS relative to Divinity. You just refuse to acknowledge it.

God is selfish. Everything he created is for his glory. He even says he is a jealous God. What Bible are you reading?

As a unitarian Christian, I am amazed that anyone who has actually read the Bible adheres to the 4th century man-made tradition revealed by the question of what is Biblically more important:
  1. 1 Timothy 1:17 (NLT) All honor and glory to God forever and ever! He (singular) is the eternal King, the unseen one (singular) who never dies; he (singular) alone (singular) is God. Amen. (emphasis added)
  2. Divide glory, even among God’s servants (explicitly stated to include Jesus @ Acts 3:13)?

I didn't believe the Orthodox teaching of the Trinity because of some 4th century tradition. I believed because I've studied the Scripture.

So you believe Jesus is a created being? Right? To me, that is heterodoxy.

You believe God is selfish.... If He is.......I'd say that leaves you out.

God isn't jealous of you. God is jealous of Jesus Christ.

It is a figure of speech still used today.
ERROR, you go figure.... John 14:9 "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

I guess that's a figure of speech to? LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh dear.
IF John intended his Gospel to be taken in support of the man-is-god thesis. He would have said so
NO he said, "the MAN-IS-GOD", not god, small case... :D YIKES. did you not READ? John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. "AND THE "WORD" WAS MADE FLESH? LET SEE. John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

WELL, IT SEEMS LIKE YOU LIED, AND JOHN'S GOSPEL DO TAKE IN SUPPORT OF GOD AS A MAN. Oh dear when will they EVER learn?

101G.

ERROR, you go figure.... John 14:9 "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

I guess that's a figure of speech to? LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh dear.
A desperate reach. I can see my father in his driver's license or a mirror. That does not make the driver's license or the mirror my father.

Yes, OF God means divine. Angels are divine. Doesn’t make them God. We know this because Scripture is explicit on this point, there is only one God, the Father whose hallowed name is YHWH.

Geesh... Angels divine. We are clearing dealing with Divinity associated with God. Not angels.

Back
Top Bottom