God is Plural

Many people have unity. Does not make them one Being/person.

It is sad you're religating God to being like a man.

When God is United with His Son? What does that do? Is it too hard for God? Does God enjoy His Son being separate from Him?

You're avoiding the lack of natural love you're showing here. Do you love you son or not? Has you son disappointed you? Is that why?

Has Christ disappointed the Father?

Do you see how damaging such nonsense is?

Last edited:
Agreed. Doesn’t make him God.

Jesus is the the GATE by which we go through TO God, He’s like the sports coat one must wear to be seated at a fancy restaurant, not the restaurant itself. Many wear the sports coat at the one restaurant.

You're jealous... right? Do you want to be the "gate"? Is that what this is? You can't have a perfect relationship with your son so you project your inadequacies on the Father?

Agreed. Doesn’t make him God.

Jesus is the the GATE by which we go through TO God, He’s like the sports coat one must wear to be seated at a fancy restaurant, not the restaurant itself. Many wear the sports coat at the one restaurant.
Only God is the giver of life.

You can scoff if you like but you are showing your contempt for the Son with such comments as "Dynamic Duo".
It’s an honorific title. Not a title of belittling. Still, it serves the purpose of John 1:18 - it destroys the 3 are one IDOL.

My contempt is with the idea that the attitude and motivation for God to act is a separate ‘person’ from God.

There is only one God, who we relate to as father. He and Jesus are honored in John 1:18 - no ‘3rd person.’ This is because it is not a person.

LOL, LOL, LOL, John 10:30 "I and my Father are one."
ONE: G1520 εἷς heis (heis') n.
ἕν hen (hen') [including the neuter (etc.)]
one.
[a primary numeral]
KJV: a(-n, -ny, certain), + abundantly, man, one (another), only, other, some

101G.

LOL, LOL, LOL, John 10:30 "I and my Father are one."
ONE: G1520 εἷς heis (heis') n.
ἕν hen (hen') [including the neuter (etc.)]
one.
[a primary numeral]
KJV: a(-n, -ny, certain), + abundantly, man, one (another), only, other, some

101G.
It is a figure of speech still used today. It does not mean they are literally one Being or person but of the same mind or have the same opinion. LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL.

IF John intended his Gospel to be taken in support of the man-is-god thesis. He would have said so @ 20:31.

God created man in His own image and likeness. Let US ( plural ) make man in our image and man is not made in the likeness of angels . That leaves God alone as the Plural US, OUR and WE.
It is an assumption on your part who God was talking to. Do you believe this one usage of a plural pronoun ought to supercede the 1,000's of times singular pronouns are used to refer to God AND God used singular pronouns to refer to himself? See 1C.

Raising the dead is not eternal life.
Right. That's how we know Jesus is not God, he did not have eternal life. He died and someone who was not him raised him from the dead to eternal life. This other Being is aka the God of Jesus, the only true God of Scripture, YHWH.

Right. That's how we know Jesus is not God, he did not have eternal life. He died and someone who was not him raised him from the dead to eternal life. This other Being is aka the God of Jesus, the only true God of Scripture, YHWH.
No He said He would raise himself from the dead in John 2.

No He said He would raise himself from the dead in John 2.
Yes, not no.

If I say I would get my wife a cup of coffee, that does not mean that I actually did. There is no Greek myth of self-regeneration in Christianity, no verse says Jesus raised himself from the dead. The best you can do is refer to a verse where Jesus talks about rebuilding a temple. Surely, a figure of speech. Yet, you are relying on this figure of speech for a literal claim.

This is why the thread on Juxtaposition is so important. God raised Jesus from the dead. Scripture is repeatedly explicit on this point.

I'm not denying there is figurative support but this cannot supercede literal statements that God raised Jesus from the dead.

Back
Top Bottom