'I am the first and I am the last,
And there is no God besides Me.

Isa 45:6
That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun
That there is no one besides Me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other,

Isa 48:12
"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called;
I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.

We know from the N.T. that Christ is the One Lord, the Only Lord. We know in Revelations that Christ identifies Himself as the First and the Last the title which YHWH declares of Himself in Isaiah. We know that Christ is also identifies as the Holy One in the N.T. and our King all titles and descriptions of YHWH in the Isaiah passages.

John 12:41
These things Isaiah said, because he saw His glory, and he spoke of Him

Isaiah 6:1-10

In the year of King, Uzziah's death, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. 2 Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings; with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called out to another and said,

"Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord of hosts,,

The whole earth is full of His glory."

4 And the foundations of the thresholds trembled at the voice of him who called out, while the temple was filling with smoke. 5 Then I said,

"Woe is me, for I am ruined!,

Because I am a man of unclean lips,

And I live among a people of unclean lips;,

For my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts."

One need only follow the pronouns and the verbs. Isaiah saw the glory of YHWH. There is only ONE time that Isaiah saw the glory of YHWH; its in Ish 6. John says that Isaiah saw "his" glory, the glory of Jesus. That Isaiah ALSO foretold the suffering and rejection of Christ is true but irrelevant. You are confusing what Isaiah foretold (Christ's suffering and rejection) with what he literally "saw" (the glory of YWHW).

The verb Isaiah used for "saw" in 6;1 is רָאָה ("ra'ah"). In the qal, it refers to the act of seeing in the literal sense, to see with the eyes (as opposed to, for example, מַחֲזֶה "machazeh", which is the act or event of an ecstatic "vision"). In referring to this event, John uses the Greek word εἶδον ("eidon") - also a verb referring to the act of seeing with the eyes in the natural sense.

We know that God the Father is invisible, "whom no man hath seen, nor can see" (1 Tim 6:16). He is transcendent and lives in unapproachable light (1 Tim 6:16). But the Son is "the image of the invisible God" (Col 1:15). Thus the one whom Isaiah "saw" in the literal sense with his eyes is the one whom he explicitly identified as "YHWH" - the same one whose glory he saw according to John (Jn 12:41). Jesus himself makes this clear at v.45 "And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me."

There is only ONE time when Isaiah saw someone he, speaking by the Holy Spirit identified as "YHWH", and John's spirit-inspired narrative of the interactions of Jesus with the Jews in the 11th and 12th chapter of his gospel, including their rejection of Christ, says that what Isaiah saw was HIS (ie Jesus') glory. This works in perfect harmony with John's whole purpose, given the FACT that John had previously identified the one who became flesh and dwelt among us (Jn 1:14) as "God" (Jn 1:1). Nowhere in the context of this narrative (ie Ch 12) does John speak of Christ's "glorification" in his rejection and crucifixion. To claim that this is what John was talking about in referring to what Isaiah SAW with his eyes ignores the grammar and the immediate context, including the clear and unmistakable words of Christ himself in that very context.

hope this helps !!!

Rev 22:13, “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

We can see here that Whoever is the Alpha/Omega also claims to be the first/last AND the beginning/end. It’s the same Person.

If we look back in Rev 1:17-18 we see the following:

“…Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.”

So, the One Who is first/last (and then is also Alpha/Omega and beginning/end) is the same Person who was dead and is alive forever more. It doesn’t take a scholar to figure out Who is the One speaking here. It does take a lot of mental gymnastics to explain away something so obvious.

The term "first/last" is used 4 times in Rev. Twice it is used along with "Alpha/Omega" with the Person claiming to be "first/last" AND the "Alpha/Omega."

"Alpha/Omega" is used 4 times in Rev. Twice with "first/last" and twice with "beginning/end."

"Beginning/end" occurs 3 times: twice with "Alpha/Omega" and once with "Alpha/Omega" AND "first/last."

In all of these texts, the speaker always refers to Himself with both or all of the titles. To say, "Well, this time it's Jehovah who is the first/last, this next time it's Jesus, then later it's Jehovah again..." is the mental gymnastics to which I referred.

Is God the first/last or is Jesus the first/last? Is God the Alpha/Omega or is Jesus the Alpha/Omega? Is God the beginning/end or is Jesus the beginning/end. An obvious way to reconcile the verses is to understand that Jesus is God.

According to unitarians, it seems God claimed to be the first/last in one sense while Jesus claimed to be first/last in another sense. You seem to gloss over the blatant connection of first/last with beginning/end and Alpha/Omega. In each verse, the Speaker who claims one title also claims one or both of the others. It's all the same person.

I usually wait patiently for unitarians to reply but this point has been nagging at me so I have to comment preemptively. I really am baffled by their suggestion from other discussion in the past that “first/last” has some meaning here other than the obvious one (a title synonymous with Alpha/Omega). You even say that Alpha/Omega is never used of the Son? Incredible!! We both have said that context is king so I would like to remind other readers of the context of Rev 1:17-18 (beginning in v.10, Young’s Literal):

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's-day, and I heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, saying, I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last;' and, `What thou dost see, write in a scroll, and send to the seven assemblies that [are] in Asia; to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.'

And I did turn to see the voice that did speak with me, and having turned, I saw seven golden lamp-stands, and in the midst of the seven lamp-stands, [one] like to a son of man, clothed to the foot, and girt round at the breast with a golden girdle, and his head and hairs white, as if white wool -- as snow, and his eyes as a flame of fire; and his feet like to fine brass, as in a furnace having been fired, and his voice as a sound of many waters, and having in his right hand seven stars, and out of his mouth a sharp two-edged sword is proceeding, and his countenance [is] as the sun shining in its might.

And when I saw him, I did fall at his feet as dead, and he placed his right hand upon me, saying to me, `Be not afraid; I am the First and the Last, and he who is living, and I did become dead, and, lo, I am living to the ages of the ages. Amen! and I have the keys of the hades and of the death.

Do you realize this is one scene? The Speaker identifies Himself in v. 11 as “the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last.” John turns to see who is speaking and sees “one like to a son of man” (other translations have “the Son of man”). Perhaps John is saying, "I saw someone who looked like Jesus." Then finally, in v. 17-18, the Speaker indeed identifies Himself as the One who is living and became dead and is now alive again forever.

Unitarians: I guess you identify the Alpha and Omega in v. 8 as Jehovah and v. 11 as Jesus? I guess you don’t see the term “the First and the Last” as a title equivalent to “the Alpha and Omega”? If so, you are definitely seeing something in the text that an ordinary reading doesn’t see beacuse of your bias.

It’s a title ascribed to the Almighty. I didn’t think it needed a more precise definition to be understood. What about, “the one who is and who was and who to come”? Does that need to be defined? I guess we could talk about a precise definition but I don’t think that will change my point. The Alpha/Omega is self-described as “the Almighty (1:8) AND the First/Last (22:13). The First/Last is self-described as the one who was dead and is alive forever more (1:18). Again, there are either 2 people who are the first and last OR Jesus is the Almighty.

Conclusion: Scripture declares YHWH is the First and the Last and besides Me there is no God/YHWH. Christ is YHWH.

Addressing the OP, the Lord Jesus is YHWH, but not as Christ. please Note that...... I understand why you use the term "Christ", 101G know, but that can be a b ack door for one to open confusion. this is why 101G us the name and not the nature of "Christ".

so 101G, say "Christ" is not YHWH, but the Lord Jesus is YHWH. you are getting closer to bible 101

G

the Lord Jesus is YHWH, but not as Christ.

The above is wrong.

1 Corinthians 1:2
To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours.

To call upon the name of the "Lord Jesus Christ" means to pray to Him as being YHWH.

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Last edited:
The above is wrong.

1 Corinthians 1:2
To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours.

To call upon the name of the "Lord Jesus Christ" means to pray to Him as being YHWH.

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.
ok, let's see what the bible say NOW.. ok. 2 Corinthians 5:16 "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more."

Fred, was Christ, flesh bone and blood at Genesis 1: when he made all thing? no, not any flesh bone and blood. but Jesus was, who is Spirit, before the flesh bone and blood that was to come. understand now?

101G.

@Fred,
understand God is the ECHAD of himself that was to come ...... meaning to REDEEM and SAVE what he created. listen, Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come."

what was to Come is the "SAVIOUR"...... the Christ...... hello. as the First, Jesus is without flesh, without bone, and without blood. see the ECHAD is Ordinal designations just as the term "Beginning" in Genesis 1:1 express. listen and learn,
BEGINNING: H7225 רֵאשִׁית re'shiyth (ray-sheeth') n-f.
1. the first, in place, time, order or rank.
2. (specifically) a firstfruit.
[from the same as H7218]
KJV: beginning, chief(-est), first(-fruits, part, time), principal thing.
Root(s): H7218

JESUS, who is God is the First as "LORD", all caps. (per Deut. 6:4), meaning as the definition above points out is "FIRST" in, "PLACE", "TIME", "ORDER", and or "RANK". and this same JESUS who is "FIRST" is also the "LAST", the Christ, the Son, in "PLACE", "TIME", "ORDER", and or "RANK", which was to "COME".

this is bible 101, the ECHAD of God the One Person in Plain View.

101G

@Fred,
understand God is the ECHAD of himself that was to come ...... meaning to REDEEM and SAVE what he created. listen, Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come."

what was to Come is the "SAVIOUR"...... the Christ...... hello. as the First, Jesus is without flesh, without bone, and without blood. see the ECHAD is Ordinal designations just as the term "Beginning" in Genesis 1:1 express. listen and learn,
BEGINNING: H7225 רֵאשִׁית re'shiyth (ray-sheeth') n-f.
1. the first, in place, time, order or rank.
2. (specifically) a firstfruit.
[from the same as H7218]
KJV: beginning, chief(-est), first(-fruits, part, time), principal thing.
Root(s): H7218

JESUS, who is God is the First as "LORD", all caps. (per Deut. 6:4), meaning as the definition above points out is "FIRST" in, "PLACE", "TIME", "ORDER", and or "RANK". and this same JESUS who is "FIRST" is also the "LAST", the Christ, the Son, in "PLACE", "TIME", "ORDER", and or "RANK", which was to "COME".

this is bible 101, the ECHAD of God the One Person in Plain View.

101G

Your evasions continue.
Your longwinded mess won't ever erase the truth of 1 Corinthians 1:2 and 1 Corinthians 8:6.

I already quoted two passages from the Bible.
until all is reconciled it is not TRUE. just as our brother James said about the Law, if one is broken, then all are broken. as with the word of God. is ONE is not answered, then all are not answered. see if you quote a 100 scriptures, and ONE is not answered, guess what all 100 scripture is not complete. God is Complete. if something, (scripture) is not reconciled with another scripture, then both are incomplete. God is complete in his word.
Your evasions continue.
Your longwinded mess won't ever erase the truth of 1 Corinthians 1:2 and 1 Corinthians 8:6.
my evasions, (smile), personal Opinion? you know what 101G do with those. as for your two scriptures did not 101G answer them?

LISTEN and LEARN, 1 Corinthians 1:2 "Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:"

sanctified in, in, in Christ Jesus. are you sanctified in Flesh bone and blood, or are you sanctified in, in, the "Spirit?".

your answer PLEASE.

101G.

sanctified in, in, in Christ Jesus. are you sanctified in Flesh bone and blood, or are you sanctified in, in, the "Spirit?".

This doesn't negate at all that calling on the Lord Jesus Christ means to pray to Him as being YHWH.
Your ransom like posts do nothing against this.

This doesn't negate at all that calling on the Lord Jesus Christ means to pray to Him as being YHWH.
Your ransom like posts do nothing against this.
can you READ? 2 Corinthians 5:16 "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more."

this is why Christianity is lagging today. many read it, and still cannot believe, yes 2 Timothy 3:7 is true.

101G

can you READ? 2 Corinthians 5:16 "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more."

this is why Christianity is lagging today. many read it, and still cannot believe, yes 2 Timothy 3:7 is true.

101G

Irrelevant to my argument.
Get a clue.

no, it answers your argument. example, who sits on the throne in Revelation 4 & 5? is it the one whom you calls the Father or the Son.

101G.

Here we go with 101 Garbage again jumping all over the place because his heresy has been refuted.

Not playing this ridiculous game.

Here we go with 101 Garbage again jumping all over the place because his heresy has been refuted.

Not playing this ridiculous game.
I nkow, because 101G don't play. see, what 101G ask answer all of your little questions. and you want answer because you KNOW it destroys all your beliefs. so stay in Darkness..... :sleep: ... (Smile)......

101G.

Addressing the OP, the Lord Jesus is YHWH, but not as Christ. please Note that...... I understand why you use the term "Christ", 101G know, but that can be a b ack door for one to open confusion. this is why 101G us the name and not the nature of "Christ".

so 101G, say "Christ" is not YHWH, but the Lord Jesus is YHWH. you are getting closer to bible 101

G
Question for you...
What is the word for christ in the Hebrew language?

Question for you...
What is the word for christ in the Hebrew language?
General, mashiach, or the anointed one. but 101G prefer the Hebrew term, "Shiloh", per Genesis 49:10
Shiloh: H7886 שִׁילֹה Shiyloh (shee-lo') n/p.
1. tranquil.
2. Shiloh, an epithet of the Messiah.
[from H7951]
KJV: Shiloh.
Root(s): H7951

and the Messiah is called Christ, the anointed ONE. and if you seek his Personal Name in the OT, one can find it in the term "my salvation", or YESHUA, in various forms.
H3444 יְשׁוּעָה yshuw`ah (yesh-oo'-aw) n-f.
1. something saved.
2. (abstractly) the act or instance of saving or rescuing a soul.
3. (hence) protective aid, victory, prosperity.
4. custodial salvation (that is, in the protective, custodial care of another).
5. (specially) custodial Salvation through the Anointed-One, Yeshua.
[feminine passive participle of H3467]
KJV: deliverance, health, help(-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.
Root(s): H3467

101G.

Back
Top Bottom