A must see. Argue with this...

Comment on the video subject matter specifically. Explain how any part is incorrect
The conclusion is incorrect. The explanation for why is the link I attached.

The KJV is the worst translation available today in English. What part of that don’t you understand? Explain how any part is incorrect.

Great post. The modern versions are only commentaries at best.

If there is a word in my KJV I don't know, I look it up in an old dictionary.

All children can read KJV Bibles.

Many adults seemingly cannot.

This is a phenomenon.
Hello @Truther,

Yes, we all have access these days to concordances, and Bible dictionaries, but I believe the best way to understand a word or a phrase, is to see how the Holy Spirit Himself has used it elsewhere in Scripture, by using the Strong's concordance, and seeing where else in Scripture a word or phrase is used, and compare one Scripture with another, paying close attention to context. So, there is no reason why we should be dependent upon man's reasoning or interpretation.

The one thing that I have researched to the bone is the word 'Hell' and it's usage: taking into consideration also how the various ways that the four Hebrew and Greek words so translated, were used by the Holy Spirit elsewhere; looking up also such associated words as 'death', 'the soul', and so on. So that now I am assured and confident that I know what the Scriptures say on these subjects, and can hold my own when challenged. It required only my Bible, a concordance, a notebook and a pen, and I was free of the tradition of man, and standing on the solid ground of God's word. The other reference book I find useful is a book on the figures of speech found in Scripture which is illuminating.

So, no, the KJV holds no problem for me.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

The conclusion is incorrect. The explanation for why is the link I attached.

The KJV is the worst translation available today in English. What part of that don’t you understand? Explain how any part is incorrect.
Hort clearly had a bias against the Textus Receptus, calling it "villainous" and "vile". Hort aggressively taught that the School at Antioch (associated with Lucian) had loosely translated the true text of Scripture in the second century A. D. This supposedly created an unreliable text of Scripture which became the Textus Receptus. This was called the Lucian Recension Theory.

Do you agree with Hort?

Hello @Truther,

Yes, we all have access these days to concordances, and Bible dictionaries, but I believe the best way to understand a word or a phrase, is to see how the Holy Spirit Himself has used it elsewhere in Scripture, by using the Strong's concordance, and seeing where else in Scripture a word or phrase is used, and compare one Scripture with another, paying close attention to context. So, there is no reason why we should be dependent upon man's reasoning or interpretation.

The one thing that I have researched to the bone is the word 'Hell' and it's usage: taking into consideration also how the various ways that the four Hebrew and Greek words so translated, were used by the Holy Spirit elsewhere; looking up also such associated words as 'death', 'the soul', and so on. So that now I am assured and confident that I know what the Scriptures say on these subjects, and can hold my own when challenged. It required only my Bible, a concordance, a notebook and a pen, and I was free of the tradition of man, and standing on the solid ground of God's word. The other reference book I find useful is a book on the figures of speech found in Scripture which is illuminating.

So, no, the KJV holds no problem for me.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
I don’t need a concordance , just the dictionary. The Bible is just not difficult at all.

That's a lot of celebration!

Look at what they wrote:

"But we desire that the Scripture may speak like itself, as in the language of Canaan, that it may be understood even of the very vulgar."

I guarantee you a person on the street won't understand half of the KJV.

And also:

"Therefore as S. Augustine saith, that variety of Translations is profitable for the finding out of the sense of the Scriptures"

You have many different Bibles and who do you agree with on this board? Who agrees with you? I have read some of your stuff on other threads in this forum and I can honestly say having a stable full of English translations has not seemed to help you much and it does not seem as if it has caused unity in doctrine among you. This might be the only place you agree.

The mystery of iniquity that our God spoke of through his word is at work through this philosophy of never ending English Bible translations (because that is where the money is) and he has been warning us about the leaven that leavens the whole lump for centuries. Walla! Here we are in the very middle of the worst apostasy among professing Christians that has ever been and all the end times prophesy concerning this church age is obviously coming to pass in this generation. God used leaven as a metaphor of progressive and invasive corruption until the whole loaf is like the Laodicean church of Revelation 3. Cold and indifferent with Christ on the wrong side of the door.

The fact that most all the commentators on any forum of Christian professors is like this one and reveals that God was right and what they say about his words reveals much about the loaf. Who would expect the majority to be unleavened and to be still united and speaking about the strait gate and the narrow way that leads to life. It is the few who are yet unleavened and have chosen to separate themselves from these wicked philosophies and doctrines and teachings that have infiltrated the churches and have been accepted as just a different way of coming to God.

Well, I am not surprised by all the different doctrines that are proclaimed on the forums. If one does not have an authority, anything goes and it gets worse and worse as time goes by.

I think the seven parables in Matthew 13 is a metaphor for the entire church season and it is presented from the sowing of the seed to the reaping of the harvest that has required these last two thousand years to ripen. Notice what our Lord Jesus Christ says about the harvest in the following parable.

Mt 13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field. Here is the parable and one should skip down to verse 37 and hear Jesus explain it.

Mt 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Ii is impossible to separate the tares from the wheat while they are both in the field. The first thing to happen when harvest time nears is a bundling of the tares by the reapers into bundles to be burned later. This is denominationalism, cults, false religions, isms, etc. etc. Next, he instructs the reapers to gather the wheat into his one barn. This is the gathering and translating into heaven of the church of Jesus Christ, who is likewise his bride. Here is a corresponding verse that is in this same context;

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Where is Christ? He is in the heavenlies according to Verse 3. That is quite a gathering if you ask me.

After this gathering the tares will be cast into great tribulation where they are totally consumed by the fire of God's wrath against sinners.

The mystery of iniquity will be exposed and put down. It will not go well for the apostates who have no real authority from God and who teach there are no words of God that he intends to honor in any manner of a strait or narrow way.

1Co 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

This is my view of the subject and there is no word in the KJV that I do not think is important, because of the nature of the word of God.

If one does not have an authority, anything goes and it gets worse and worse as time goes by.

I'd love for you to talk to an Eastern Orthodox or a Roman Catholic.

They'd eat you alive.

You think sharing a version means everyone agrees in doctrine?

That's La-La land.

You have many different Bibles and who do you agree with on this board? Who agrees with you? I have read some of your stuff on other threads in this forum and I can honestly say having a stable full of English translations has not seemed to help you much and it does not seem as if it has caused unity in doctrine among you. This might be the only place you agree.

The mystery of iniquity that our God spoke of through his word is at work through this philosophy of never ending English Bible translations (because that is where the money is) and he has been warning us about the leaven that leavens the whole lump for centuries. Walla! Here we are in the very middle of the worst apostasy among professing Christians that has ever been and all the end times prophesy concerning this church age is obviously coming to pass in this generation. God used leaven as a metaphor of progressive and invasive corruption until the whole loaf is like the Laodicean church of Revelation 3. Cold and indifferent with Christ on the wrong side of the door.

The fact that most all the commentators on any forum of Christian professors is like this one and reveals that God was right and what they say about his words reveals much about the loaf. Who would expect the majority to be unleavened and to be still united and speaking about the strait gate and the narrow way that leads to life. It is the few who are yet unleavened and have chosen to separate themselves from these wicked philosophies and doctrines and teachings that have infiltrated the churches and have been accepted as just a different way of coming to God.

Well, I am not surprised by all the different doctrines that are proclaimed on the forums. If one does not have an authority, anything goes and it gets worse and worse as time goes by.

I think the seven parables in Matthew 13 is a metaphor for the entire church season and it is presented from the sowing of the seed to the reaping of the harvest that has required these last two thousand years to ripen. Notice what our Lord Jesus Christ says about the harvest in the following parable.

Mt 13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field. Here is the parable and one should skip down to verse 37 and hear Jesus explain it.

Mt 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Ii is impossible to separate the tares from the wheat while they are both in the field. The first thing to happen when harvest time nears is a bundling of the tares by the reapers into bundles to be burned later. This is denominationalism, cults, false religions, isms, etc. etc. Next, he instructs the reapers to gather the wheat into his one barn. This is the gathering and translating into heaven of the church of Jesus Christ, who is likewise his bride. Here is a corresponding verse that is in this same context;

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Where is Christ? He is in the heavenlies according to Verse 3. That is quite a gathering if you ask me.

After this gathering the tares will be cast into great tribulation where they are totally consumed by the fire of God's wrath against sinners.

The mystery of iniquity will be exposed and put down. It will not go well for the apostates who have no real authority from God and who teach there are no words of God that he intends to honor in any manner of a strait or narrow way.

1Co 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

This is my view of the subject and there is no word in the KJV that I do not think is important, because of the nature of the word of God.
Excellent post

I'd love for you to talk to an Eastern Orthodox or a Roman Catholic.

They'd eat you alive.

You think sharing a version means everyone agrees in doctrine?

That's La-La land.
Those are two bundles of tares. They are not destined for the barn IMO.

To answer your question; no, but the word of God is not responsible for the divisions. People who do not understand God are the ones who translates it continually into more and more English translations. They have never quoted God telling them to do it. Now the translations seem to be mocking the word if what I have heard about the newest, Pirate Bible, is any indication. The authority of God is diminished by this action.

I use KJV or NKJV often. But all English translations are inferior in many places. For example, John 21 makes no sense in English. I haven't read every possible translation, but I've never read an English translation that makes clear what's going on between Jesus and Peter in John 21. Even the Chinese translation misses the point. So I can't even begin to understand KVJ Onlyism.

I use KJV or NKJV often. But all English translations are inferior in many places. For example, John 21 makes no sense in English. I haven't read every possible translation, but I've never read an English translation that makes clear what's going on between Jesus and Peter in John 21. Even the Chinese translation misses the point. So I can't even begin to understand KVJ Onlyism.
What exactly is wrong with the chapter?

What exactly is wrong with the chapter?
Jesus asks Peter twice do you love (agape) me? And Peter responds twice that yes, he loves (phileo)s Jesus. The third time, Jesus drops down to Peter's level of love (phileo) in his question. Peter was hurt by that.

"Agape" is the highest form of love. "Phileo" is a brotherly love.

There's no way to understand that exchange in English, since both words are translated "love".

Jesus asks Peter twice do you love (agape) me? And Peter responds twice that yes, he loves (phileo)s Jesus. The third time, Jesus drops down to Peter's level of love (phileo) in his question. Peter was hurt by that.

There's no way to understand that exchange in English, since both words are translated "love".
Just as there are words in English with different meanings per their context, there are words in ancient Greek with different meanings per their context.

Phileo is deep affection, heartfelt from a meaningful and intimate relationship.

philéō (from 5384 /phílos, "affectionate friendship") – properly, to show warm affection in intimate friendship, characterized by tender, heartfelt consideration and kinship.

God’s love phileo is a specific love for His children, a fond love not for the lost but only for believers.

phileó: to love
Original Word: φιλέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: phileó
Phonetic Spelling: (fil-eh'-o)
Definition: to love
Usage: I love (of friendship), regard with affection, cherish; I kiss.
HELPS Word-studies
5368 philéō (from 5384 /phílos, "affectionate friendship") – properly, to show warm affection in intimate friendship, characterized by tender, heartfelt consideration and kinship.

The dialogue with Jesus and Peter in the feed my sheep sequence and do you love Me.

Peter finally tells Jesus twice that you know that I " phileo " you Lord. He did not use agapeo but phileo. Just some food for thought regarding that special intimate kind of love that has affection. They both went from agapeo to phileo in that exchange. Jesus asks him in 15 and 16 do you agapeo Me and switches in verse 17 to do you phileo Me. Peter responds “you know all things and know that I “dearly phileo you” Lord.

So below would be accurate :

Jesus: "Peter, do you love Me?"
Peter: "Yes Lord, you know that I love you."

Peter: "Yes Lord, you know that I have intimate friendship, heartfelt affection for you."

Peter: "Yes Lord, you know that I have intimate friendship, heartfelt affection for you."."

Here is the amplified bible and youngs literal which conveys the meaning.

Amplified Bible
He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love Me [with a deep, personal affection for Me, as for a close friend]?” Peter was grieved that He asked him the third time, “Do you [really] love Me [with a deep, personal affection, as for a close friend]?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know everything; You know that I love You [with a deep, personal affection, as for a close friend].” Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep.

Young's Literal Translation
He saith to him the third time, 'Simon, son of Jonas, dost thou dearly love me?' Peter was grieved that he said to him the third time, 'Dost thou dearly love me?' and he said to him, 'Lord, thou hast known all things; thou dost know that I dearly love thee.' Jesus saith to him, 'Feed my sheep;

John 5:20 V-PIA-3S
GRK: γὰρ πατὴρ φιλεῖ τὸν υἱὸν
NAS: For the Father loves the Son,
KJV: For the Father loveth the Son, and
INT: indeed [the] Father loves the Son

John 11:3 V-PIA-2S
GRK: ἴδε ὃν φιλεῖς ἀσθενεῖ
NAS: behold, he whom You love is sick.
KJV: behold, he whom thou lovest is sick.
INT: Behold he whom you love is sick

John 11:36 V-IIA-3S
GRK: Ἴδε πῶς ἐφίλει αὐτόν
NAS: See how He loved him!
KJV: Behold how he loved him!
INT: Behold how he loved him

John 12:25 V-PPA-NMS
GRK:φιλῶν τὴν ψυχὴν
NAS: He who loves his life loses
KJV: He that loveth his life
INT: He that loves the life

John 15:19 V-IIA-3S