Women in Ministry

The word "bishop" is not used in Romans 16:2-3.
Romans 16:3 "Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:"
the Greek term "helpers" here is
G4904 συνεργός sunergos (sïn-er-ğos') adj.
a co-laborer, i.e. coadjutor.
[from a presumed compound of G4862 and the base of G2041]
KJV: companion in labour, (fellow-)helper(-labourer, -worker), labourer together with, workfellow
Root(s): G4862, G2041

now while online goto dictionary.com and look up coadjutor and tell us what it means..... (smile).

101G.

Romans 16:3 "Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:"
the Greek term "helpers" here is
G4904 συνεργός sunergos (sïn-er-ğos') adj.
a co-laborer, i.e. coadjutor.
[from a presumed compound of G4862 and the base of G2041]
KJV: companion in labour, (fellow-)helper(-labourer, -worker), labourer together with, workfellow
Root(s): G4862, G2041

now while online goto dictionary.com and look up coadjutor and tell us what it means..... (smile).

101G.

Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament: one who labors with another in furthering the cause of Christ, Romans 16:3, 9, 21; Philippians 2:25; Philippians 4:3 (synergos)

Bishop is not found.

You are playing make believe with what the words of the Bible mean.
Oh dear, will false teachers ever learn?

SMILE!

Pitiful, dictionary.com,
coadjutor noun
1. an assistant.
2. an assistant to a bishop or other ecclesiastic.
3. a bishop who assists another bishop, with the right of succession.

101G

Pitiful

Try a Greek-English lexicon for this Greek word.

I already quoted one. It didn't help your ridiculous assertion at all.

From the BDAG (3rd Edition):

συνεργός: pert. to working together with, helping, as subst. and always so in our lit. helper, fellow-worker (Philo; Jos., Bell. 2, 102, Ant. 7, 346; Orig., C. Cels. 5, 58, 17; Polyb. 31, 24, 10). Paul refers to those who helped him in spreading the gospel as his fellow-workers (subjective gen.) Ro 16:3

That makes two Greek-English lexicons that don't agree with you.
Oh dear, the hole you are digging for yourself is getting deeper.

Last edited:
Not really. But your reply is a typical stereotype. As Christian Women our desire is to free ourselves from the stereotypes and expectations people have of us, we have to begin by recognizing those stereotypes.

As long as women are in ministry, there will be stereotypes and roles that people expect us to fulfill. When we are confident of God’s welcome because of Christ’s work for us, we can be free from the power that people’s opinions have over us. We will have to engage their expectations at times, but that is different from living under their weight.

We may not always have the approval of the people around us, but we have God’s approval because of the righteousness of his Son. As we are strengthened by these gospel realities, we will find ourselves better able to serve without the extra baggage of roles and stereotypes.

So let me repeat myself.

Remember that old saying "Don't put God In the box". He can make the stones cry out if he wants to use a woman in Ministry he will.
Hello @Aeliana,

Paul obviously had women helping him in his ministry, for he commends them for doing so. Yet, he would not have allowed them to teach. Priscilla worked in the ministry alongside her husband Aquila, so came under his authority and covering. There were many roles they could fulfil, but teaching was not one of them: Except in the case of women and children I believe (?). Paul gives his reasons for not allowing women to teach, which are sound.

How can you say you have God's approval to do that which the His own word forbids?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

go by what the Bible teaches.
There. Fixed it for you.
See post 14.
Bible teaches that it's acceptable for women to be in position of leadership. Here are some of the women in positions of leadership in the Bible, specifically Miriam, Deborah, and Huldah in the Old Testament.

Then we have Priscilla and Phoebe in the New Testament. Phoebe is called a “deacon”
I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a deacon of the church in Cenchreae. Romans 16:1

Don't think so highly of yourself because apparently you haven't fixed anything only affirming you're stereotypical thinking.

Bible teaches that it's acceptable for women to be in position of leadership. Here are some of the women in positions of leadership in the Bible, specifically Miriam, Deborah, and Huldah in the Old Testament.
Not the covenant for Christians.

Then we have Priscilla and Phoebe in the New Testament. Phoebe is called a “deacon”
I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a deacon of the church in Cenchreae. Romans 16:1

Don't think so highly of yourself because apparently you haven't fixed anything only affirming you're stereotypical thinking.

Don't think so highly of yourself by supplying a passage that is not as clear cut as you hope.

tn Or “deaconess.” It is debated whether διάκονος (diakonos) here refers to a specific office within the church. One contextual argument used to support this view is that Phoebe is associated with a particular church, Cenchrea, and as such would therefore be a deacon of that church. In the NT some who are called διάκονος are related to a particular church, yet the scholarly consensus is that such individuals are not deacons, but “servants” or “ministers” (other viable translations for διάκονος). For example, Epaphras is associated with the church in Colossians and is called a διάκονος in Col 1:7, but no contemporary translation regards him as a deacon. In 1 Tim 4:6 Paul calls Timothy a διάκονος; Timothy was associated with the church in Ephesus, but he obviously was not a deacon. In addition, the lexical evidence leans away from this view: Within the NT, the διακον- word group rarely functions with a technical nuance. In any case, the evidence is not compelling either way. The view accepted in the translation above is that Phoebe was a servant of the church, not a deaconess, although this conclusion should be regarded as tentative.

In our church women excel in gifts of hospitality, mercy, teaching, evangelism, and helping/serving. Much of the ministry of the local church's depends on women. Women in the church are not restricted from public praying or prophesying, only from having spiritual teaching authority over men. The Bible nowhere restricts women from exercising the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Women, just as much as men, are called to minister to others, to demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit, and to proclaim the gospel to the lost.

But not over men.
Thus, your argument is a strawman.
What argument? what Strawman? I mean what are you talking about? The Thread is entitled women in Ministry. It's not about women Pastors or women being authority over men.

There are plenty of examples of women who spoke, prayed, and prophesied in church some are even commended. Acts 1:12–14 notes that women were among the disciples gathered in the upper room before Pentecost. In Acts 2:17–18, Peter quotes the Old Testament prophet Joel and says that when the Holy Spirit is poured out, men and women will prophesy.

Not the covenant for Christians.

Don't think so highly of yourself by supplying a passage that is not as clear cut as you hope.

tn Or “deaconess.” It is debated whether διάκονος (diakonos) here refers to a specific office within the church. One contextual argument used to support this view is that Phoebe is associated with a particular church, Cenchrea, and as such would therefore be a deacon of that church. In the NT some who are called διάκονος are related to a particular church, yet the scholarly consensus is that such individuals are not deacons, but “servants” or “ministers” (other viable translations for διάκονος). For example, Epaphras is associated with the church in Colossians and is called a διάκονος in Col 1:7, but no contemporary translation regards him as a deacon. In 1 Tim 4:6 Paul calls Timothy a διάκονος; Timothy was associated with the church in Ephesus, but he obviously was not a deacon. In addition, the lexical evidence leans away from this view: Within the NT, the διακον- word group rarely functions with a technical nuance. In any case, the evidence is not compelling either way. The view accepted in the translation above is that Phoebe was a servant of the church, not a deaconess, although this conclusion should be regarded as tentative.
I'm glad you got that off your chest.

One of the most sensitive and controversial issues today relates to women in ministry. Since the most contested texts relating to this issue are from Paul, it is not surprising that his writings are in the forefront of the discussion. If we ask the question, are women to be involved in ministry? Paul’s answer is clearly yes.

One such case Is Phoebe That's found in Romans 16. What is striking about the case of Phoebe is that she served in the office of deacon. It is likely that Paul refers to women deacons in 1 Timothy 3:11 as well.

Paul also calls three women “coworkers”: Prisca and Euodia and Syntyche One of the most striking texts is Philippians 4:2–3, where Euodia and Syntyche are exhorted to harmony in the Lord. Paul says that they “labored together with him in the gospel” and goes on to call them “coworkers” (synergoi). Probably they labored with Paul in spreading the gospel, functioning as missionaries by proclaiming the word.

So if you have a problem with Women in Ministry just get over it.

1 Corinthians 12:27 "Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular." 1 Corinthians 12:28 "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues."

here, God has set/ordain some in the Church, ...... "FIRST", not only but FIRST. and the term set here is ordained.
Question time, are these Works/Ministries for men only, regardless of nationality, creed, or color? we say no. WHY? Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."
now if any of the Gifts of God are for men/Gender wise "ONLY", then God is a respecter of Person, (which he is not). Knowing that God is no respecter of person, why are ...... by some ... "NOT ALL" Christian denominations still forbid women from the ministry, especially in leadership roles.

let's examine what the bible say, and let's all learn the TRUTH. let's first start with Prophets and teachers, and work our way to preachers, pastors, and apostles. and let's keep Galatians 3:28 and 1 Corinthians 12:28 in mind while we discuss these calls to work/ministries.

first, FEMALE as Prophets.
One of the most stunning statements in the Pauline corpus is Galatians 3:28—“There is neither Jew nor Greek; there is neither slave nor free; there is neither male nor female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Many scholars insist that this declaration must be paradigmatic in assessing Paul’s statements on women in ministry. Any word that appears to limit women is transcended by this ringing declaration of equality.

it seem from observation only. not to many have basic bible training. no put down, but it's so clear.

101G.
1 Tim 2:11-15
11 A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 15 But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.

The N.T. outline for teachers/elders in the church for leadership.

Acts 14:23
When they had appointed elders for them in every church, having prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord in whom they had believed.

1 Tim 3:1-7
It is a trustworthy statement: if any man aspires to the office of overseer, it is a fine work he desires to do. 2 An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not addicted to wine or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money. 4 He must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity 5 (but if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?), 6 and not a new convert, so that he will not become conceited and fall into the condemnation incurred by the devil. 7 And he must have a good reputation with those outside the church, so that he will not fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Titus 1:5-9
5 The reason I left you in Crete was that you might straighten out what was left unfinished and appoint elders in every town, as I directed you. 6 An elder must be blameless, the husband of but one wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient. 7 Since an overseer is entrusted with God's work, he must be blameless — not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. 8 Rather he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. 9 He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

1 Tim 2:11-15
11 A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 15 But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.

1 Tim 5:17-19
Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who work hard at preaching and teaching. 18 For the Scripture says, "You shall not muzzle the ox while he is threshing," and "The laborer is worthy of his wages." 19 Do not receive an accusation against an elder except on the basis of two or three witnesses.

1 Peter 3:1-6
In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives, 2 as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior. 3 Your adornment must not be merely external — braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; 4 but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. 5 For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands; 6 just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear.

1 Peter 5:1-5
Therefore, I exhort the elders among you, as your fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and a partaker also of the glory that is to be revealed, 2 shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness; 3 nor yet as lording it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to be examples to the flock. 4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory. 5 You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble

James 5:14-15
Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up.

Last edited:
For Christian Women to qualify for Ministry all that is necessary is the proper head covering.

2 I appreciate and commend you because you always remember me in everything and keep firm possession of the traditions (the substance of my instructions), just as I have [verbally] passed them on to you.
3 But I want you to know and realize that Christ is the Head of every man, the head of a woman is her husband, and the Head of Christ is God.
4 Any man who prays or prophesies (teaches, refutes, reproves, admonishes, and comforts) with his head covered dishonors his Head (Christ).
5 And any woman who [publicly] prays or prophesies (teaches, refutes, reproves, admonishes, or comforts) when she is bareheaded dishonors her head (her husband); it is the same as [if her head were] shaved.
6 For if a woman will not wear [a head] covering, then she should cut off her hair too; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her head shorn or shaven, let her cover [her head].
7 For a man ought not to wear anything on his head [in church], for he is the image and [reflected] glory of God [his function of government reflects the majesty of the divine Rule]; but woman is [the expression of] man’s glory (majesty, preeminence). [Gen. 1:26.]
8 For man was not [created] from woman, but woman from man; [Gen. 2:21-23.]
9 Neither was man created on account of or for the benefit of woman, but woman on account of and for the benefit of man. [Gen. 2:18.]
10 Therefore she should [be subject to his authority and should] have a covering on her head [as a token, a symbol, of her submission to authority, that she may show reverence as do] the angels [and not displease them].
11 Nevertheless, in [the plan of] the Lord and from His point of view woman is not apart from and independent of man, nor is man aloof from and independent of woman;
12 For as woman was made from man, even so man is also born of woman; and all [whether male or female go forth] from God [as their Author].
13 Consider for yourselves; is it proper and decent [according to your customs] for a woman to offer prayer to God [publicly] with her head uncovered?
14 Does not the native sense of propriety (experience, common sense, reason) itself teach you that for a man to wear long hair is a dishonor [humiliating and degrading] to him,
15 But if a woman has long hair, it is her ornament and glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering.
16 Now if anyone is disposed to be argumentative and contentious about this, we hold to and recognize no other custom [in worship] than this, nor do the churches of God generally.
1 Corinthians 11:2–16

Pitiful

Try a Greek-English lexicon for this Greek word.

I already quoted one. It didn't help your ridiculous assertion at all.

From the BDAG (3rd Edition):

συνεργός: pert. to working together with, helping, as subst. and always so in our lit. helper, fellow-worker (Philo; Jos., Bell. 2, 102, Ant. 7, 346; Orig., C. Cels. 5, 58, 17; Polyb. 31, 24, 10). Paul refers to those who helped him in spreading the gospel as his fellow-workers (subjective gen.) Ro 16:3

That makes two Greek-English lexicons that don't agree with you.
Oh dear, the hole you are digging for yourself is getting deeper.
well no, because
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
a fellow worker
From a presumed compound of sun and the base of ergon; a co-laborer, i.e. Coadjutor -- companion in labour, (fellow-)helper(-labourer, -worker), labourer together with, workfellow. THIS DEFINATION CAN BE FOUND AT https://biblehub.com/greek/4904.htm

and the BLUE LETTER BIBLE Also agree with the Strong's rendering.

so try again.

101G

well no, because
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
a fellow worker
From a presumed compound of sun and the base of ergon; a co-laborer, i.e. Coadjutor -- companion in labour, (fellow-)helper(-labourer, -worker), labourer together with, workfellow. THIS DEFINATION CAN BE FOUND AT https://biblehub.com/greek/4904.htm

and the BLUE LETTER BIBLE Also agree with the Strong's rendering.

so try again.

101G
Zero Greek lexicons in your favor.

This makes your assertion have 0% support.

Try again.

Zero Greek lexicons in your favor.

This makes your assertion have 0% support.

Try again.
LOL, LOL, LOL, that's a cripple excuse. so we can take this as you have no leg to stand on.... (smile) ... :giggle: YIKES!... thought so.

101G.

Back
Top Bottom