Wages of Sin is Death NOT ECT

No, it denies God's omnipresence.

We could interpret it in other ways that still maintain omnipresence (theoretically), but in my opinion from makes more sense as from here.
Presuppositions. The passage is very clear and favors my view.

You've really got to understand how evil sin is.
I am going to stop you right there. You said yourself previously (or I think it was you) that God is a just God. I am not suggesting or advocating that sin and rebellion will not be punished. Far from it. But although the final sentence is executed... the ultimate punishment... Death... There will without doubt be a period of torment, anguish, and suffering commensurate with the offence.
KJV Luke 12:42-48
42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.
45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

While all sin is reprehensible, it is wicked and rebellion, I will never charge God with such injustice insomuch as He would punish an ignorant 12 yo child in the same manner as a fully matured intelligent and responsible adult who has surrendered himself to a life of crime and self pleasing. One cannot be punished with few stripes for all eternity. Those who refused to accept the death of Christ as Atonement for their sin, will have to die their own death... The second death... From which there is no resurrection. That second death is ultimate destruction. Sin and sinner will be no more. They are not immortalized and made to be a blot on the landscape of God's creation. Such a place within the realm of the kingdom of God is unthinkable, it is not biblical, and it constantly amazes me the lengths people will go to in order to sustain and defend such an assassination on the character of the God they profess to love.

Eternal Conscious Torture (ECT) is nowhere in Scripture said to be the wages of sin. Where do you suppose this teaching came from?

Paganism. I watched an Unexplained yesterday. Shatner, the host, explained this comes from other culture's religion.

This is the second forum where you started this discussion. Are you worried, or something? :ROFLMAO:

Eternal Conscious Torture (ECT) is nowhere in Scripture said to be the wages of sin. Where do you suppose this teaching came from?

Paganism. I watched an Unexplained yesterday. Shatner, the host, explained this comes from other culture's religion.

So... you listen to Pastor Shatner now?

Of course paganism will touch upon spiritual realities that Satan and demons are painfully aware of.
Because demons rule over paganism.

Its does them no good.

Back
Top Bottom