Unlike Jesus

Not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this. Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord,
You don't want to say whether he is right because he is right and you don't want to admit it.

Just like you do not want to admit that there are 2 lords in Psalm 110:1. The 1st is YHWH, the God and Creator of Jesus. The other is our master, Jesus.

You don't want to say whether he is right because he is right and you don't want to admit it.

Just like you do not want to admit that there are 2 lords in Psalm 110:1. The 1st is YHWH, the God and Creator of Jesus. The other is our master, Jesus.
see, this is why 101G posted that way for one, and you to know the TRUTH of GOD. and no, there is no two "lord's" in 110:1. ... lol, lol, lol, (smile) Oh dear.... when will they ever learn.

101G.

See Joel 2:32 (3:5 LXX), because both Peter and Paul apply the LORD (YHWH) from this passage in reference to Jesus in Acts 2:21 and Romans 10:13.

Jesus is LORD (YHWH).
yes, he is "LORD", and "Lord" in the ECHAD. Joel 2:32 "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call." correct, now look at Joel 2:28 and notice the LORD's .... "spirit" there, and not "SPIRIT". "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:"

is not the "LORD'S" Spirit" capitalized with the "S"? but in verse 28 here it's the small case "s" in spirit...... (smile). do you know why? again back to Psalms 110: 1 and 5. in verse 5, flesh and bone ..... "GLORIFIED", in verse 1. in flesh and bone in a G2758 κενόω kenoo state, human flesh.

101G.

See Joel 2:32 (3:5 LXX), because both Peter and Paul apply the LORD (YHWH) from this passage in reference to Jesus in Acts 2:21 and Romans 10:13.

Jesus is LORD (YHWH).
No. Absolutely not do Peter and Paul apply LORD YHWH to Jesus. Let's take a look.

Acts 2:21 But everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved

No reference to Jesus or Joel 2:32 whatsoever!

Romans 10:13 For “Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.

Again, no reference to Jesus or Joel 2:32 whatsoever!

Finally, let's take a what Scripture says who this LORD is.

Exodus 3:15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘The LORD,[a] the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.

Read full chapter

Footnotes​

1. Exodus 3:15 The word LORD, when spelled with capital letters, stands for the divine name, YHWH, which is here connected with the verb hayah, “to be” in verse 14

Conclusion. Acts 2:21, Romans 10:13 and Joel 2:32 all refer to YHWH, not Jesus.

No. Absolutely not do Peter and Paul apply LORD YHWH to Jesus. Let's take a look.

Acts 2:21 But everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved

No reference to Jesus or Joel 2:32 whatsoever!

Romans 10:13 For “Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.

Again, no reference to Jesus or Joel 2:32 whatsoever!

Finally, let's take a what Scripture says who this LORD is.

Exodus 3:15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘The LORD,[a] the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.

Read full chapter

Footnotes​

1. Exodus 3:15 The word LORD, when spelled with capital letters, stands for the divine name, YHWH, which is here connected with the verb hayah, “to be” in verse 14

Conclusion. Acts 2:21, Romans 10:13 and Joel 2:32 all refer to YHWH, not Jesus.
ANOTHER ERROR on your Part

1 Corinthians 8:6 "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him."

here "Lord" is
G2962 κύριος kurios (kï '-riy-os) n.
1. lord, supreme in authority, the one in control.
2. (also, by implication) sir or master (as a title showing respect for others).
3. (in Hebrew) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually Yahweh God of Israel - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).
4. (in Hebrew) Yahweh. Outside the Hebraic Scriptures, rabbis rendered the name “Yahweh” as “LORD” or as “GOD” with the intent to keep this name utterly holy and away from any hint or speck of desecration. This practice continues fervently to this day.

5. (of ownership) an owner (especially of an animal or object).
[from κῦρος kŷrȏs “supremacy”]
KJV: God, Lord, master, Sir

Checkmate,

101G.

@Wrangler,
1 Corinthians 8:6 "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him."

question, are you in the Father or the Son, since you say either are not the same. which ONE?

101G

Not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this. Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."

here "Lord" is H113 אָדוֹן 'adown (aw-done') n-m.
אָדֹן 'adon (aw-done') [shortened]
1. sovereign (i.e. controller, human or divine).
2. lord.
{also used as a prefix for names}
[from an unused root (meaning to rule)]
KJV: lord, master, owner.

and did not the "Lord" Jesus say, John 13:13 "Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am." and
Lord: here in the Greek is,
G2962 κύριος kurios (kï '-riy-os) n.
1. lord, supreme in authority, the one in control.
2. (also, by implication) sir or master (as a title showing respect for others).
3. (in Hebrew) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually Yahweh God of Israel - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).
4. (in Hebrew) Yahweh. Outside the Hebraic Scriptures, rabbis rendered the name “Yahweh” as “LORD” or as “GOD” with the intent to keep this name utterly holy and away from any hint or speck of desecration. This practice continues fervently to this day.
5. (of ownership) an owner (especially of an animal or object).
[from κῦρος kŷrȏs “supremacy”]
KJV: God, Lord, master, Sir

NOTE: definition #3. keep that in mind and now let's go back to Psalms 110:1. so why is "Lord" translated "Lord" here and not "lord?" answer, because God/the LORD is G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō')
1. to make empty.
2. (figuratively) to abase, neutralize, falsify.
[from G2756]
KJV: make (of none effect, of no reputation, void), be in vain
Root(s): G2756

per Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:" Philippians 2:8 "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."

but can we prove this out that the "Lord" is the "LORD" in human Flesh? yes, just as the term "Lord" in the Greek indicate God himself, so do the Hebrew. again back to Psalms 110 but now verse 5. Psalms 110:5 "The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath."

the same "Lord" at the "LORD" right in verse 1 is in the Hebrew, Adonay an emphatic form of H113
H136 אֲדֹנָי 'Adonay (ad-o-noy') n-m.
1. (meaning) Lord (used as a proper name of God only).
2. (person) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually “Yahweh God of Israel” - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).
[am emphatic form of H113]
KJV: (my) Lord.
Root(s): H113

101G

Adon is the root word for both adoni and adonai.

Adon can be a deity or a non-deity title.

Adonai is a deity title. It occurs over 400 times in the OT.

Adoni is a non-deity title. It occurs 195 times in the OT.

Adoni can be, and sometimes is, a divine title. It is never a deity title.

The Messiah is adoni. When applied to him, it is a divine title.

one God, the Father,
This is an anti-trinitarian verse if ever there could be one. Let me challenge you to write a stronger anti-trinitarian verse using so few words.

IF the trinity was Biblical, this would be an excellent place to actually come out and say it. Scripture says over and over again that only the father is God. That's good enough for me. Why is it not good enough for you?

This is an anti-trinitarian verse if ever there could be one. Let me challenge you to write a stronger anti-trinitarian verse using so few words.

IF the trinity was Biblical, this would be an excellent place to actually come out and say it. Scripture says over and over again that only the father is God. That's good enough for me. Why is it not good enough for you?
how so? listen to this, James 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

101G.

how so? listen to this, James 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

101G.
There is no ‘and’ between God the Father. Check the ESV or other translation.

Resorting to deception shows how are wrong.

From this week's devotional reading:

the everlasting God, Adonai,
the Creator of the ends of the earth,
does not grow tired or weary?
His understanding cannot be fathomed.
Isaiah 40:28

Two points regarding the attributes of God, neither of which Jesus possesses.
  1. The Creator does not grow tired or weary. Jesus grew tired.
  2. The Creator's understanding cannot be fathomed. Jesus could fathom his own knowledge and deemed it less than the understanding of the Creator.

1. Interesting how Christ "grew tired and weary" for YOU..... and yet you takes that he is "LESS" to you. Amazing. I just bet that Jesus just loves what you're writing about Him.... right?

2. Jesus told his disciples that when they saw Him, they saw the Father. Interesting how you take Jesus to be "LESS" than the Father.

Has anyone ever said such a thing about you? I would be careful when you're dealing with superior people. Do you deny that Jesus Christ has all authority in Heaven and Earth?

Jesus is adoni, not adonai.

Upon meeting me for the first time, Jews are surprised to discover a Christian who knows and believes this. It has opened a closed door, affording me an opportunity to witness to them about the Messiah they are looking for - who has come, gone, and will return.

So you believe Pharisees accept Jesus Christ? You're forming an idol of some imaginary messiah that doesn't exist.

Some of them did. (See Paul, for example.) Most of them didn’t.

Given the history you recognize.... do you believe preaching Christ contrarily to how Paul preached Jesus Christ is making you more successful?

Those same Pharisees sought to kill Paul for how he changed. Is anyone seeking to kill you? In fact, you're witnessing the fact these same people that wanted to kill Christ and Paul are happy to embrace this idol of messiah you're fabricating.

No wonder they love you.

Given the history you recognize.... do you believe preaching Christ contrarily to how Paul preached Jesus Christ is make you more successful?

No. I preach Jesus Christ just as Paul did.

Those same Pharisees sought to kill Paul for how he changed. Is anyone seeking to kill you?

No one is seeking to kill me that I’m aware of. The Jews I’ve spoken with have become agitated, verbally abusive, but none have threaten to kill me. If any of them wanted to, they kept it to themselves.

In fact, you're witnessing the fact these same people that wanted to kill Christ and Paul are happy to embrace this idol of messiah you're fabricating.

That’s not a fact at all.

No wonder they love you.

Who said they love me? Not me. Not them.

No. I preach Jesus Christ just as Paul did.

No you don't. I can read what Paul preached and compare it your statements and know you don't. I recognize your resemblance to what Paul was. Not what Paul became.

No one is seeking to kill me that I’m aware of. The Jews I’ve spoken with have become agitated, verbally abusive, but none have threaten to kill me. If any of them wanted to, they kept it to themselves.

You're preaching a lesser messiah. You're not holding the Christ as the Head of all things.

Col 2:19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

That’s not a fact at all.

You witnessed to the fact of how these people your reference like your watered down Gospel.

Who said they love me? Not me. Not them.

By all means, what would you call it? Understand you've already told me what you're doing and what you're saying..... but go ahead and "spin it" a little more.

Back
Top Bottom