Unlike Jesus

Wrangler

From this week's devotional reading:

the everlasting God, Adonai,
the Creator of the ends of the earth,
does not grow tired or weary?
His understanding cannot be fathomed.
Isaiah 40:28

Two points regarding the attributes of God, neither of which Jesus possesses.
  1. The Creator does not grow tired or weary. Jesus grew tired.
  2. The Creator's understanding cannot be fathomed. Jesus could fathom his own knowledge and deemed it less than the understanding of the Creator.

Exodus 31:17
It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’”

Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting."

1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen."
John 1:3
Not in Glorified flesh
Jude 1:25 "To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen."

101G.

2. The Creator's understanding cannot be fathomed. Jesus could fathom his own knowledge and deemed it less than the understanding of the Creator.
Hello @Wrangler,

Yet the Lord Jesus Christ created all things

'Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth,
visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers:
all things were created by Him, and for Him:
And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.'

(Col 1:15-17)

:)

Christ temporarily set aside his divine attributes while living as an authentic man on our behalf.

As such he worshiped the Father and depend on the Spirit.

3. The Creator sees not as man sees. The Creator fully knows the hearts of all people-man doesn't (1 Samuel 16:7).

Jesus knows the hearts of all people.

Does that mean Jesus is not a man?

Thanks for quoting Isaiah 40, because Paul applies YHWH from Isaiah 40:13 in reference to Jesus in 1 Corinthians 2:16.

Jude 1:25 "To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen."
Jude opens with To all who are chosen and loved by God the Father and are kept safe by Jesus Christ. v25 is talking about Jesus' God - the only God of the Bible.

Having said that, it is predictable how you change the subject in the hopes of diverting the truth. Jesus' God is the only true God.

The boldface above and below is mine.

The Everlasting God from Isaiah 40:28 is used only one other time as seen in Genesis 21:33.
Genesis 21:33
Then Abraham planted a tamarisk tree in Beersheba, and there called on the name of the LORD, the Everlasting God.

call on the name of YHWH = call on the Everlasting God.

Thus, when Joel 2:32 (3:5 LXX) speaks of calling on the name of YHWH it means calling on the Everlasting God.
Since Peter (recorded by Luke) applies the Lord (YHWH) from this passage in reference to Jesus in Acts 2:21 demonstrates He (Jesus) is the Everlasting God.,

Jude opens with To all who are chosen and loved by God the Father and are kept safe by Jesus Christ. v25 is talking about Jesus' God - the only God of the Bible.

Having said that, it is predictable how you change the subject in the hopes of diverting the truth. Jesus' God is the only true God.
1 Timothy 1:16 "Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting." 1 Timothy 1:17 "Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen."

1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen."

the same one in Jude.

101G.

Jesus is adoni, not adonai.

Upon meeting me for the first time, Jews are surprised to discover a Christian who knows and believes this. It has opened a closed door, affording me an opportunity to witness to them about the Messiah they are looking for - who has come, gone, and will return.

Jesus is adoni, not adonai.

Upon meeting me for the first time, Jews are surprised to discover a Christian who knows and believes this. It has opened a closed door, affording me an opportunity to witness to them about the Messiah they are looking for - who has come, gone, and will return.
Not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this. Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."

here "Lord" is H113 אָדוֹן 'adown (aw-done') n-m.
אָדֹן 'adon (aw-done') [shortened]
1. sovereign (i.e. controller, human or divine).
2. lord.
{also used as a prefix for names}
[from an unused root (meaning to rule)]
KJV: lord, master, owner.

and did not the "Lord" Jesus say, John 13:13 "Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am." and
Lord: here in the Greek is,
G2962 κύριος kurios (kï '-riy-os) n.
1. lord, supreme in authority, the one in control.
2. (also, by implication) sir or master (as a title showing respect for others).
3. (in Hebrew) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually Yahweh God of Israel - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).
4. (in Hebrew) Yahweh. Outside the Hebraic Scriptures, rabbis rendered the name “Yahweh” as “LORD” or as “GOD” with the intent to keep this name utterly holy and away from any hint or speck of desecration. This practice continues fervently to this day.
5. (of ownership) an owner (especially of an animal or object).
[from κῦρος kŷrȏs “supremacy”]
KJV: God, Lord, master, Sir

NOTE: definition #3. keep that in mind and now let's go back to Psalms 110:1. so why is "Lord" translated "Lord" here and not "lord?" answer, because God/the LORD is G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō')
1. to make empty.
2. (figuratively) to abase, neutralize, falsify.
[from G2756]
KJV: make (of none effect, of no reputation, void), be in vain
Root(s): G2756

per Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:" Philippians 2:8 "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."

but can we prove this out that the "Lord" is the "LORD" in human Flesh? yes, just as the term "Lord" in the Greek indicate God himself, so do the Hebrew. again back to Psalms 110 but now verse 5. Psalms 110:5 "The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath."

the same "Lord" at the "LORD" right in verse 1 is in the Hebrew, Adonay an emphatic form of H113
H136 אֲדֹנָי 'Adonay (ad-o-noy') n-m.
1. (meaning) Lord (used as a proper name of God only).
2. (person) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually “Yahweh God of Israel” - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).
[am emphatic form of H113]
KJV: (my) Lord.
Root(s): H113

101G

Back
Top Bottom