This sounds interesting

Obadiah

I've never had a view other than old creation that I was taught as a kid in Sunday School. I'm always a little leery when they bring up new ideas and concepts. But I'm interested to learn other people's opinions on this one. I'm sure there's a ton of stuff online pointing out the various opinions. So I don't think i will do a deep dive in that area. But I will do a search in my Logos Bible software library.

Well after a quick search in Logos I found out I know absolutely nothing about the old earth and new earth controversy. Seems I thought the new Earth was the old earth. So this is definitely going to be interesting.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as Obadiah As I need to brush up on this. Young earth sounds right to me. One thing I know for sure is, "This is the day the Lord has made I shall rejoice and be glad in it."

I've never had a view other than old creation that I was taught as a kid in Sunday School. I'm always a little leery when they bring up new ideas and concepts. But I'm interested to learn other people's opinions on this one. I'm sure there's a ton of stuff online pointing out the various opinions. So I don't think i will do a deep dive in that area. But I will do a search in my Logos Bible software library.

Well after a quick search in Logos I found out I know absolutely nothing about the old earth and new earth controversy. Seems I thought the new Earth was the old earth. So this is definitely going to be interesting.
I've found with the seven days of creation, it is helpful to look at it as God working and exposing the way He thinks and feels about things.

Looking at the various things God does in the seven days, ask .. why did He do that?

The result of the studies I've done of this over the years helped my thought process.

Since I wasn't there when God created the earth, and know no witnesses that I can sit down for coffee with .. I need to take it on faith that the Earth is as old as dirt. Since the bible's guidelines for God's perception of time uses words such as "like" .. it was most likely phrased that way so we do not know .. and just need to trust Him on it.

The apostles were told by Jesus that the times set by God in His power are none of their business and to preach the gospel to the ends of the earth. So if a date is attached to it, I am doubtful the bible provides the answer.

I call my view "cenocosmetism" or "idle gap." It is a variation of YEC.
Without literal proto-parents (Adam & Eve) who let sin into the whole human race (their children), the whole Gospel falls apart.

And Jesus treated Adam, Eve, Noah & Jonah as literal, historical figures [Matthew 19:4-6; Matt. 24:37-39; Matt. 12:38-41], too.

Last edited:
I have a modified version of the "gap theory". I believe the "fabric" of the Universe itself is very old.. (Not necessarily billions of years old).

I love science and discovery.....

However, I believe most theories are exaggerated nonsense. I was watching the new Netflix movie "Unknown, Cosmic Time Machine" and I couldn't make it past the first few minutes.

I wish people would stop stating opinion as fact. The idea we can see "billions of years" back in time to see "originating light" is utterly preposterous. The arrogance of modern man is astonishing.

Last edited:
I'm 100% YEC. We can trace back the genealogies from Jesus back to adam which confirms a young earth. That is just one aspect of many that can prove a YEC.
I'm a YEC and I feel it's sad that a generation has gone so far down the road when they consider such a position is a laughable joke. I do believe though the Earth before the Flood of Noah was drastically different environmentally and in other ways we just don't understand. All around the Earth in places you'd never dream of seeing it in digs they find there was vast vegetation everywhere and things grew so big. The life span of man was up to close 1000 years which is to our way of thinking staggering.

I'm a YEC and I feel it's sad that a generation has gone so far down the road when they consider such a position is a laughable joke. I do believe though the Earth before the Flood of Noah was drastically different environmentally and in other ways we just don't understand. All around the Earth in places you'd never dream of seeing it in digs they find there was vast vegetation everywhere and things grew so big. The life span of man was up to close 1000 years which is to our way of thinking staggering.
Once Genesis 1 gets questioned and doubted since it’s foundational then there is no end to what ways Gods literal word can be twisted into error and spiritualized.

I have a modified version of the "gap theory". I believe the "fabric" of the Universe itself is very old.. (Not necessarily billions of years old).
I believe that the "fabric" is indeterminably old.
We do not know how long the Spirit hovered over the face of the waters, which I call Day 0.
It could have been a millisecond or a millennium...
full

We DO know that it did not support life as we currently know it, because there was not yet
  1. light (until Day 1),
  2. air to breathe (until Day 2) nor
  3. dry land (until Day 3).

Once one researches that the entire period of human history has been set out by God for 7000 years, a great many things make sense. It can only be viewed as a YEC. Here's a presentation of the Apocalypse of Weeks - how Enoch prophesied how human history would be divided and what would happen in each period. A lot of material in the books of Enoch is probably false. But there are portions which are accurate.

Apocalypse of Weeks - 2 parts

Once one researches that the entire period of human history has been set out by God for 7000 years, a great many things make sense. It can only be viewed as a YEC. Here's a presentation of the Apocalypse of Weeks - how Enoch prophesied how human history would be divided and what would happen in each period. A lot of material in the books of Enoch is probably false. But there are portions which are accurate.

Apocalypse of Weeks - 2 parts
I agree on the book of Enoch. I'm not sure about 7000 years. Maybe 10,000. The issue with Genealogies is found in the large gaps between the beginning and Moses, and the gaps between the dispersion of Israel and Nemimiah. Paul warned about arguing over genealogies and how they gender strife. I'm not certain what we have is 100 percent accurate nor do I believe they need to be. There is enough room to see incompleteness.

I believe that the "fabric" is indeterminably old.
We do not know how long the Spirit hovered over the face of the waters, which I call Day 0.
It could have been a millisecond or a millennium...
full

We DO know that it did not support life as we currently know it, because there was not yet
  1. light (until Day 1),
  2. air to breathe (until Day 2) nor
  3. dry land (until Day 3).
The LXX is significantly different. I believe God began to exert His power upon the waters in verse 2.

I believe Genesis presents only the record of man in "our" Universe. The "origins" of man. Not the origins of light, air or dry land. Genesis is an incomplete description of that event that was never intended to express everything we should know. It was given to our rebellish ancestors to cause us to study and seek God.

The LXX is significantly different. I believe God began to exert His power upon the waters in verse 2.

I believe Genesis presents only the record of man in "our" Universe. The "origins" of man. Not the origins of light, air or dry land. Genesis is an incomplete description of that event that was never intended to express everything we should know. It was given to our rebellish ancestors to cause us to study and seek God.
Correct here-

The Jewish Month

"And it was evening and it was morning, one day" (Genesis 1:5).

Jewish Calendar Date

When G‑d created time, He first created night and then day. Therefore, a Jewish calendar date begins with the night beforehand. While a day in the secular calendar begins and ends at midnight, a Jewish day goes from nightfall to nightfall. Shabbat begins on Friday night, and a yahrtzeit lamp is kindled the evening before the yahrtzeit (anniversary of a person's passing), before nightfall. If the 10th of Iyar falls on a Wednesday, and a child is born Wednesday night after dark, the child's birthday is the 11th of Iyar.

On those dates wherein certain activities are restricted — such as working on Shabbat or major holidays — the restrictions go into effect the night beforehand.

[Most fast days begin at dawn ("alot hashachar"), and as such are an exception to this rule. Yom Kippur and Tisha b'Av, however, do begin at nightfall of the previous night.]

Though the day and its restrictions begin the night beforehand, many obligations associated with specific calendar dates — such as hearing the shofar on Rosh Hashanah, taking the Four Species on Sukkot, or hearing the daytime reading of the Megillah on Purim — must be performed during daylight hours only.1

Definition of Nightfall
While a day starts and ends at nightfall, the exact moment when night — and the next calendar date — begins is not clear.

The twilight period, from sunset ("shekiah") until three stars are visible in the sky ("tzeit hakochavim"), is an "iffy" time period, known as "bein hashmashot." Shabbat and all the holidays begin at sunset, the earliest possible definition of nightfall, and end when three stars appear in the sky the next evening, the latest definition of nightfall.

A rabbi should be consulted if a boy is born during bein hashmashot (to determine when the circumcision should be scheduled), or if a person passes away during this time (to determine the date when the yahrtzeit should be observed).

See also Why do Jewish holidays begin at nightfall?

Not the origins of light, air or dry land.
"Day" 0: God creates the heavens and the earth and hovers over its entirety [Gen. 1:1-2]. We know from later verses that the heavens were made of water from the surface of the earth to the outer boundaries of the universe. We have no Biblical means of determining this period of time.
  1. He creates light.
  2. He separates the water into two bodies. The "lower" waters are now known as the hydrosphere. (Day 4 tells us, indirectly, where the "upper" waters are.) That "separation" includes our atmosphere; our air.
  3. He causes the lower waters to recede and dry land to emerge.
  4. He places the sun, the moon & the stars inside #2's separation between the upper & lower waters. This means that the upper waters must reside on the other side of the stars, bounding the cosmosphere (like a giant bubble)!

Last edited:
"Day" 0: God creates the heavens and the earth and hovers over its entirety [Gen. 1:1-2]. We know from later verses that the heavens were made of water from the surface of the earth to the outer boundaries of the universe.

1In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth. אבְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ:

2Now the earth was astonishingly empty, and darkness was on the face of the deep, and the spirit of God was hovering over the face of the water. בוְהָאָ֗רֶץ הָֽיְתָ֥ה תֹ֨הוּ֙ וָבֹ֔הוּ וְח֖שֶׁךְ עַל־פְּנֵ֣י תְה֑וֹם וְר֣וּחַ אֱלֹהִ֔ים מְרַחֶ֖פֶת עַל־פְּנֵ֥י הַמָּֽיִם:

3And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. גוַיֹּ֥אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֖ים יְהִי־א֑וֹר וַֽיְהִי־אֽוֹר:

4And God saw the light that it was good, and God separated between the light and between the darkness. דוַיַּ֧רְא אֱלֹהִ֛ים אֶת־הָא֖וֹר כִּי־ט֑וֹב וַיַּבְדֵּ֣ל אֱלֹהִ֔ים בֵּ֥ין הָא֖וֹר וּבֵ֥ין הַחֽשֶׁךְ:

5And God called the light day, and the darkness He called night, and it was evening and it was morning, one day. הוַיִּקְרָ֨א אֱלֹהִ֤ים | לָאוֹר֙ י֔וֹם וְלַח֖שֶׁךְ קָ֣רָא לָ֑יְלָה וַֽיְהִי־עֶ֥רֶב וַֽיְהִי־בֹ֖קֶר י֥וֹם אֶחָֽד:

6And God said, "Let there be an expanse in the midst of the water, and let it be a separation between water and water." ווַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֔ים יְהִ֥י רָקִ֖יעַ בְּת֣וֹךְ הַמָּ֑יִם וִיהִ֣י מַבְדִּ֔יל בֵּ֥ין מַ֖יִם לָמָֽיִם:

7And God made the expanse and it separated between the water that was below the expanse and the water that was above the expanse, and it was so. זוַיַּ֣עַשׂ אֱלֹהִים֘ אֶת־הָֽרָקִיעַ֒ וַיַּבְדֵּ֗ל בֵּ֤ין הַמַּ֨יִם֙ אֲשֶׁר֙ מִתַּ֣חַת לָֽרָקִ֔יעַ וּבֵ֣ין הַמַּ֔יִם אֲשֶׁ֖ר מֵעַ֣ל לָֽרָקִ֑יעַ וַֽיְהִי־כֵֽן:

8And God called the expanse Heaven, and it was evening, and it was morning, a second day. חוַיִּקְרָ֧א אֱלֹהִ֛ים לָֽרָקִ֖יעַ שָׁמָ֑יִם וַֽיְהִי־עֶ֥רֶב וַֽיְהִי־בֹ֖קֶר י֥וֹם שֵׁנִֽי:

9And God said, "Let the water that is beneath the heavens gather into one place, and let the dry land appear," and it was so. טוַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֗ים יִקָּו֨וּ הַמַּ֜יִם מִתַּ֤חַת הַשָּׁמַ֨יִם֙ אֶל־מָק֣וֹם אֶחָ֔ד וְתֵֽרָאֶ֖ה הַיַּבָּשָׁ֑ה וַֽיְהִי־כֵֽן:

10And God called the dry land earth, and the gathering of the waters He called seas, and God saw that it was good. יוַיִּקְרָ֨א אֱלֹהִ֤ים | לַיַּבָּשָׁה֙ אֶ֔רֶץ וּלְמִקְוֵ֥ה הַמַּ֖יִם קָרָ֣א יַמִּ֑ים וַיַּ֥רְא אֱלֹהִ֖ים כִּי־טֽוֹב:

11And God said, "Let the earth sprout vegetation, seed yielding herbs and fruit trees producing fruit according to its kind in which its seed is found, on the earth," and it was so. יאוַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֗ים תַּדְשֵׁ֤א הָאָ֨רֶץ֙ דֶּ֗שֶׁא עֵ֚שֶׂב מַזְרִ֣יעַ זֶ֔רַע עֵ֣ץ פְּרִ֞י עֹ֤שֶׂה פְּרִי֙ לְמִינ֔וֹ אֲשֶׁ֥ר זַרְעוֹ־ב֖וֹ עַל־הָאָ֑רֶץ וַֽיְהִי־כֵֽן:

12And the earth gave forth vegetation, seed yielding herbs according to its kind, and trees producing fruit, in which its seed is found, according to its kind, and God saw that it was good. יבוַתּוֹצֵ֨א הָאָ֜רֶץ דֶּשֶׁא עֵ֣שֶׂב מַזְרִ֤יעַ זֶ֨רַע֙ לְמִינֵ֔הוּ וְעֵ֧ץ עֹֽשֶׂה־פְּרִ֛י אֲשֶׁ֥ר זַרְעוֹ־ב֖וֹ לְמִינֵ֑הוּ וַיַּ֥רְא אֱלֹהִ֖ים כִּי־טֽוֹב:

13And it was evening, and it was morning, a third day. יגוַֽיְהִי־עֶ֥רֶב וַֽיְהִי־בֹ֖קֶר י֥וֹם שְׁלִישִֽׁי:

14And God said, "Let there be luminaries in the expanse of the heavens, to separate between the day and between the night, and they shall be for signs and for appointed seasons and for days and years. ידוַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֗ים יְהִ֤י מְאֹרֹת֙ בִּרְקִ֣יעַ הַשָּׁמַ֔יִם לְהַבְדִּ֕יל בֵּ֥ין הַיּ֖וֹם וּבֵ֣ין הַלָּ֑יְלָה וְהָי֤וּ לְאֹתֹת֙ וּלְמ֣וֹעֲדִ֔ים וּלְיָמִ֖ים וְשָׁנִֽים:

15And they shall be for luminaries in the expanse of the heavens to shed light upon the earth." And it was so. טווְהָי֤וּ לִמְאוֹרֹת֙ בִּרְקִ֣יעַ הַשָּׁמַ֔יִם לְהָאִ֖יר עַל־הָאָ֑רֶץ וַֽיְהִי־כֵֽן:

16And God made the two great luminaries: the great luminary to rule the day and the lesser luminary to rule the night, and the stars. טזוַיַּ֣עַשׂ אֱלֹהִ֔ים אֶת־שְׁנֵ֥י הַמְּאֹרֹ֖ת הַגְּדֹלִ֑ים אֶת־הַמָּא֤וֹר הַגָּדֹל֙ לְמֶמְשֶׁ֣לֶת הַיּ֔וֹם וְאֶת־הַמָּא֤וֹר הַקָּטֹן֙ לְמֶמְשֶׁ֣לֶת הַלַּ֔יְלָה וְאֵ֖ת הַכּֽוֹכָבִֽים:

17And God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to shed light upon the earth. יזוַיִּתֵּ֥ן אֹתָ֛ם אֱלֹהִ֖ים בִּרְקִ֣יעַ הַשָּׁמָ֑יִם לְהָאִ֖יר עַל־הָאָֽרֶץ:

18And to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate between the light and between the darkness, and God saw that it was good. יחוְלִמְשֹׁל֙ בַּיּ֣וֹם וּבַלַּ֔יְלָה וּֽלֲהַבְדִּ֔יל בֵּ֥ין הָא֖וֹר וּבֵ֣ין הַח֑שֶׁךְ וַיַּ֥רְא אֱלֹהִ֖ים כִּי־טֽוֹב:

19And it was evening, and it was morning, a fourth day. יטוַֽיְהִי־עֶ֥רֶב וַֽיְהִי־בֹ֖קֶר י֥וֹם רְבִיעִֽי:

20And God said, "Let the waters swarm a swarming of living creatures, and let fowl fly over the earth, across the expanse of the heavens." כוַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֔ים יִשְׁרְצ֣וּ הַמַּ֔יִם שֶׁ֖רֶץ נֶ֣פֶשׁ חַיָּ֑ה וְעוֹף֙ יְעוֹפֵ֣ף עַל־הָאָ֔רֶץ עַל־פְּנֵ֖י רְקִ֥יעַ הַשָּׁמָֽיִם:

21And God created the great sea monsters, and every living creature that crawls, with which the waters swarmed, according to their kind, and every winged fowl, according to its kind, and God saw that it was good. כאוַיִּבְרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֔ים אֶת־הַתַּנִּינִ֖ם הַגְּדֹלִ֑ים וְאֵ֣ת כָּל־נֶ֣פֶשׁ הַֽחַיָּ֣ה | הָֽרֹמֶ֡שֶׂת אֲשֶׁר֩ שָֽׁרְצ֨וּ הַמַּ֜יִם לְמִֽינֵהֶ֗ם וְאֵ֨ת כָּל־ע֤וֹף כָּנָף֙ לְמִינֵ֔הוּ וַיַּ֥רְא אֱלֹהִ֖ים כִּי־טֽוֹב:

22And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters of the seas, and let the fowl multiply upon the earth." כבוַיְבָ֧רֶךְ אֹתָ֛ם אֱלֹהִ֖ים לֵאמֹ֑ר פְּר֣וּ וּרְב֗וּ וּמִלְא֤וּ אֶת־הַמַּ֨יִם֙ בַּיַּמִּ֔ים וְהָע֖וֹף יִ֥רֶב בָּאָֽרֶץ:

23And it was evening, and it was morning, a fifth day. כגוַֽיְהִי־עֶ֥רֶב וַֽיְהִי־בֹ֖קֶר י֥וֹם חֲמִישִֽׁי:

24And God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kind, cattle and creeping things and the beasts of the earth according to their kind," and it was so. כדוַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֗ים תּוֹצֵ֨א הָאָ֜רֶץ נֶ֤פֶשׁ חַיָּה֙ לְמִינָ֔הּ בְּהֵמָ֥ה וָרֶ֛מֶשׂ וְחַֽיְתוֹ־אֶ֖רֶץ לְמִינָ֑הּ וַֽיְהִי־כֵֽן:

25And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kind and the cattle according to their kind, and all the creeping things of the ground according to their kind, and God saw that it was good. כהוַיַּ֣עַשׂ אֱלֹהִים֩ אֶת־חַיַּ֨ת הָאָ֜רֶץ לְמִינָ֗הּ וְאֶת־הַבְּהֵמָה֙ לְמִינָ֔הּ וְאֵ֛ת כָּל־רֶ֥מֶשׂ הָֽאֲדָמָ֖ה לְמִינֵ֑הוּ וַיַּ֥רְא אֱלֹהִ֖ים כִּי־טֽוֹב:

26And God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, and they shall rule over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the heaven and over the animals and over all the earth and over all the creeping things that creep upon the earth." כווַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֔ים נַֽעֲשֶׂ֥ה אָדָ֛ם בְּצַלְמֵ֖נוּ כִּדְמוּתֵ֑נוּ וְיִרְדּוּ֩ בִדְגַ֨ת הַיָּ֜ם וּבְע֣וֹף הַשָּׁמַ֗יִם וּבַבְּהֵמָה֙ וּבְכָל־הָאָ֔רֶץ וּבְכָל־הָרֶ֖מֶשׂ הָֽרֹמֵ֥שׂ עַל־הָאָֽרֶץ:

27And God created man in His image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. כזוַיִּבְרָ֨א אֱלֹהִ֤ים | אֶת־הָֽאָדָם֙ בְּצַלְמ֔וֹ בְּצֶ֥לֶם אֱלֹהִ֖ים בָּרָ֣א אֹת֑וֹ זָכָ֥ר וּנְקֵבָ֖ה בָּרָ֥א אֹתָֽם:

28And God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and rule over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the sky and over all the beasts that tread upon the earth. " כחוַיְבָ֣רֶךְ אֹתָם֘ אֱלֹהִים֒ וַיֹּ֨אמֶר לָהֶ֜ם אֱלֹהִ֗ים פְּר֥וּ וּרְב֛וּ וּמִלְא֥וּ אֶת־הָאָ֖רֶץ וְכִבְשֻׁ֑הָ וּרְד֞וּ בִּדְגַ֤ת הַיָּם֙ וּבְע֣וֹף הַשָּׁמַ֔יִם וּבְכָל־חַיָּ֖ה הָֽרֹמֶ֥שֶׂת עַל־הָאָֽרֶץ:

29And God said, "Behold, I have given you every seed bearing herb, which is upon the surface of the entire earth, and every tree that has seed bearing fruit; it will be yours for food. כטוַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֗ים הִנֵּה֩ נָתַ֨תִּי לָכֶ֜ם אֶת־כָּל־עֵ֣שֶׂב | זֹרֵ֣עַ זֶ֗רַע אֲשֶׁר֙ עַל־פְּנֵ֣י כָל־הָאָ֔רֶץ וְאֶת־כָּל־הָעֵ֛ץ אֲשֶׁר־בּ֥וֹ פְרִי־עֵ֖ץ זֹרֵ֣עַ זָ֑רַע לָכֶ֥ם יִֽהְיֶ֖ה לְאָכְלָֽה:

30And to all the beasts of the earth and to all the fowl of the heavens, and to everything that moves upon the earth, in which there is a living spirit, every green herb to eat," and it was so. לוּלְכָל־חַיַּ֣ת הָ֠אָ֠רֶץ וּלְכָל־ע֨וֹף הַשָּׁמַ֜יִם וּלְכֹ֣ל | רוֹמֵ֣שׂ עַל־הָאָ֗רֶץ אֲשֶׁר־בּוֹ֙ נֶ֣פֶשׁ חַיָּ֔ה אֶת־כָּל־יֶ֥רֶק עֵ֖שֶׂב לְאָכְלָ֑ה וַֽיְהִי־כֵֽן:

31And God saw all that He had made, and behold it was very good, and it was evening and it was morning, the sixth day. לאוַיַּ֤רְא אֱלֹהִים֙ אֶת־כָּל־אֲשֶׁ֣ר עָשָׂ֔ה וְהִנֵּה־ט֖וֹב מְאֹ֑ד וַֽיְהִי־עֶ֥רֶב וַֽיְהִי־בֹ֖קֶר י֥וֹם הַשִּׁשִּֽׁי:

I was emphasizing why the "gap" [Genesis 1:1-2] could not support life (as we currently know it);
no light (yet), no air (yet) & no dry land (yet).

"Day" 0: God creates the heavens and the earth and hovers over its entirety [Gen. 1:1-2]. We know from later verses that the heavens were made of water from the surface of the earth to the outer boundaries of the universe. We have no Biblical means of determining this period of time.
  1. He creates light.
  2. He separates the water into two bodies. The "lower" waters are now known as the hydrosphere. (Day 4 tells us, indirectly, where the "upper" waters are.) That "separation" includes our atmosphere; our air.
  3. He causes the lower waters to recede and dry land to emerge.
  4. He places the sun, the moon & the stars inside #2's separation between the upper & lower waters. This means that the upper waters must reside on the other side of the stars, bounding the cosmosphere (like a giant bubble)!
I don't see a reason to believe day "0" was the beginnings of anything other than our existence. A summary that prepared the reader for what is to follow. The "gap" I see is before verse "0". Which is why I say I have a modified theory. :)

The "gap" I see is before verse "0". Which is why I say I have a modified theory. :)
The time between Gen. 1:1 & Gen. 1:3 could have been very long or very short.
We have no Biblical way of knowing. (That is what I mean by "Day" 0.)

Others hypothesize that a human civilization lived in that setting,
but they would have done so without the provision of light, air or dry land.

Back
Top Bottom