The Work of the Spirit is for the Church !

brightfame52

John 14:26

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Crowning achievement of Christs Saving Work of the Cross is His being exalted to the Right Hand of the Majesty on High and receiving the Holy Ghost in order to apply the Saving Achievement of His Work Acts 2:30-33

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Now the Holy Ghost is not for the non elect world, but for the benefit of Christs Body the Church, all for whom He redeemed.

Thats why Jesus said of the Spirit Jn 14:16-17

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive
, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

When Jesus speaks of the world and the Spirit in Jn 16:7-11

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

The World here isn't the world in general, remember the world cannot receive Him as the Spirit of Truth, but this is the World He Redeemed by His Blood, the Elect or Sheep from out of all nations.

The Holy Spirit given to Christ at His Exaltation, He gives it to all for whom He died and secured their Eternal Life, hence He must give fulfill the will of His Father to give them Eternal Life Jn 17:2-3

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ,
whom thou hast sent.

Now when the Holy Spirit is sent from Christ to regenerate someone He has redeemed, that New Life from regeneration begins/commences that eternal life in them.

Back
Top Bottom