"the Word was God"

Worthy of worship? As God?
Actually Catholicism( 2Thess 2:3) mistranslated the Greek word-Proskenaue- for Jesus. It carries 5 different meanings from Greek to English-1) worship to God-2) Obeisance to a king-3) honor to a judge, plus 2 others. The Israelites knew 100% God did not come, and that the Messiah has a God-Psalm 45:7) thus would never give worship to one who has a God as is found in error filled trinity translations. They( Israelite religious leaders) accused Jesus of Blasphemy saying he was Gods son. They would not give him worship as your translations have them doing.

Actually Catholicism( 2Thess 2:3) mistranslated the Greek word-Proskenaue- for Jesus. It carries 5 different meanings from Greek to English-1) worship to God-2) Obeisance to a king-3) honor to a judge, plus 2 others. The Israelites knew 100% God did not come, and that the Messiah has a God-Psalm 45:7) thus would never give worship to one who has a God as is found in error filled trinity translations. They( Israelite religious leaders) accused Jesus of Blasphemy saying he was Gods son. They would not give him worship as your translations have them doing.
What translation do you deem as trustworthy?
The religious Sanhedrin knew exactly what Messiah was saying-

Joh 8:56 "Your father Abraham leaped for joy in order that he might see the day, Mine: and he saw it [by faith], and rejoiced ."
Joh 8:57 Then said the Jews unto Him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast Thou seen Abraham?
Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was born, I AM."
Joh 8:59 Then took they up heavy stones to cast upon Him: but Jesus hid Himself, and went forth out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Joh 8:58 Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach said to them, Omein, omein, I say to you, before Avraham came into being, Ani Hu. [SHEMOT 3:4; 6:3; YESHAYAH 41:4; 43:10,13]
Joh 8:59 Then they took up stones that they might stone him, but Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach was hidden and departed out of the Beis Hamikdash. [Ex 17:4; Lv 24:16; 1Sm 30:6]
J.

The NT asserts the full deity of Jesus of Nazareth, but protects the distinct personhood of the Father.

Yes.

Jesus never denied His Deity.
If fact He claimed it.
John 1:10 states that Jesus created the "world". and that correlates with Colossians 1:16 and John 1.

Jesus, however, never claimed to be the Father.

What translation do you deem as trustworthy?
The religious Sanhedrin knew exactly what Messiah was saying-

Joh 8:56 "Your father Abraham leaped for joy in order that he might see the day, Mine: and he saw it [by faith], and rejoiced ."
Joh 8:57 Then said the Jews unto Him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast Thou seen Abraham?
Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was born, I AM."
Joh 8:59 Then took they up heavy stones to cast upon Him: but Jesus hid Himself, and went forth out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Joh 8:58 Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach said to them, Omein, omein, I say to you, before Avraham came into being, Ani Hu. [SHEMOT 3:4; 6:3; YESHAYAH 41:4; 43:10,13]
Joh 8:59 Then they took up stones that they might stone him, but Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach was hidden and departed out of the Beis Hamikdash. [Ex 17:4; Lv 24:16; 1Sm 30:6]
J.
God willed his name in his bible over 7000 places. Wicked men by satans will removed Gods name and replaced it with titles, to mislead.

The Messiah, Gods son, not God. Gods appointed king.
Worthy of worship? As God?
listen fellas, Psalms 132:11 "The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne."

the LORD GOD HIMSELF, (who is the Lord Jesus in Glorified Flesh), will sit on David THRONE. fir the term "SET" is old English for "Sit", one can find this at, https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/another-word-for/sit.html#C0-6 when used as a verb to, "To put or place something in a given location or position.

101G.

listen fellas, Psalms 132:11 "The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne."

the LORD GOD HIMSELF, (who is the Lord Jesus in Glorified Flesh), will sit on David THRONE. fir the term "SET" is old English for "Sit", one can find this at, https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/another-word-for/sit.html#C0-6 when used as a verb to, "To put or place something in a given location or position.

101G.
Daniel 7:13-15--One like the son of man( = a created being) is appointed a kingship.

101G.
Word analysis
שִׁית (shit) 'to set: make' (H7896G)

This word occurs about 92 x

Meaning
: make/establish
1) to put, set
1a) (Qal)
1a1) to put, lay (hand upon)
1a2) to set, station, appoint, fix, set mind to
1a3) to constitute, make (one something), make like, perform
1a4) to take one's stand
1a5) to lay waste
1b) (Hophal) to be imposed, be set upon

Related words
garment (shit - שִׁית)

thornbush (sha.yit - שַׁ֫יִת)
Seth at Gen.4.25 - 1Chr.1.1

foundation (shat - שָׁת)

נִשְׁבַּ֚ע יְהֹוָ֨ה | לְדָוִ֡ד אֱמֶת֘ לֹֽא־יָשׁ֪וּב מִ֫מֶּ֥נָּה מִפְּרִ֥י בִטְנְךָ֑ אָ֜שִׁ֗ית לְכִסֵּא־לָֽךְ:

נשׁבע־יהוה לדוד אמת לא־ישׁוב ממנה מפרי בטנך אשׁית לכסא־לך׃

Psa 132:11 (131:11) The Lord sware in truth to David, and he will not annul it, saying, Of the fruit of thy body will I set a king upon thy throne.

Psa 132:11 The LORD swore by an oath to David in truth, and in no way shall he annul it, saying, [from the fruit of your belly I will establish upon your throne].

Of the fruit of thy body. This was what Hezekiah was concerned about; for he as yet had no son, and was in danger of death. Hence this pleading of Jehovah's oath to David. Quoted in Act_2:30.

Act 2:29 Men, brethren, it is allowed to speak with an open manner to you concerning the patriarch David, that both he came to an end and was entombed, and his tomb is among us as far as this day.
Act 2:30 A prophet then being, and knowing that [an oath swore to him God], (of the fruit of his loin, the one according to the flesh,) to raise up the Christ, to sit upon his throne,
Act 2:31 looking out ahead he spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that [was not left his soul] in Hades, nor his flesh saw corruption.

καθίσαι
Transliteration: kathisai
Morphology: V-ANA
Verb - Aorist Infinitive Active
Strong's no.: G2523 (καθίζω)
Meaning: (a) to make to sit; to set, appoint, (b) to sit down, to be seated, stay.

according . . . Christ to sit. The texts read, "He would set (one)".

Act 2:30 So, as he was a prophet and knew that God with an oath had promised to put one of his descendants on his throne,

Act 2:31 he foresaw the resurrection of the Christ and told of it, for He was not forsaken to Hades, and His body did not undergo decay.
Act 2:32 I mean Jesus whom God raised from the dead, to which fact we are all witnesses,
Act 2:33 So He has been exalted to God's right hand and has received from His Father, as promised, and poured out upon us the Holy Spirit, as you see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David did not go up to heaven, but he himself says: 'The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make your enemies the footstool of your feet."'
Act 2:36 "Therefore, let all the descendants of Israel understand beyond a doubt that God has made this Jesus whom you crucified both Lord and Christ."
Act 2:37 When they heard this, they were stabbed to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?"
Act 2:38 Peter said to them, "You must repent -- and, as an expression of it, let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ -- that you may have your sins forgiven; and then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit,
Act 2:39 for the promise belongs to you and your children, as well as to all those who are far away whom the Lord our God may call to Him."
Act 2:40 With many more words he continued to testify and to plead with them to save themselves from that crooked age.
Act 2:41 So they accepted his message and were baptized, and about three thousand persons united with them on that day.

Pity you didn't cross reference Act 2.30

Daniel 7:13-15--One like the son of man( = a created being) is appointed a kingship.
yes, and that one is the Lord Jesus. Compare the description of the Ancient of days in Daniel 7:9 to Revelation 1:12 "And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;" Revelation 1:13 "And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle." Revelation 1:14 "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;" Revelation 1:15 "And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters." Revelation 1:16 "And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength."

THE SAME ONE PERSON IN THE "ECHAD" OF GOD.

101G

yes, and that one is the Lord Jesus. Compare the description of the Ancient of days in Daniel 7:9 to Revelation 1:12 "And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;" Revelation 1:13 "And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle." Revelation 1:14 "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;" Revelation 1:15 "And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters." Revelation 1:16 "And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength."

THE SAME ONE PERSON IN THE "ECHAD" OF GOD.

101G
When Jesus returned to heaven he sat at the right hand of God--There is 1 God--one cannot sit at their own right hand. Jesus was created-Col 1:15

according . . . Christ to sit. The texts read, "He would set (one)".

Act 2:30 So, as he was a prophet and knew that God with an oath had promised to put one of his descendants on his throne,

Act 2:31 he foresaw the resurrection of the Christ and told of it, for He was not forsaken to Hades, and His body did not undergo decay.
Act 2:32 I mean Jesus whom God raised from the dead, to which fact we are all witnesses,
Good so far until here. who raised up the body of the Lord Jesus? he the Lord Jesus/God did..... Jesus is the ONE sitting on the throne.... as GOD in Glorification as a Man.

101G.

to sit at one's Right hand is not PHYSICAL. it's an anthropomorphism to show that one is in authorization to act in "power".

101G.
What does the throne of God represent?

The throne of God represents his majesty and glory, but it also represents his power, control and authority. The one who sits on the throne is the one who is in charge because it is the seat of power. Since God sits on the throne, he has complete authority and the right to do as he pleases. He is the highest authority, and all other authority is subject to him. One could say it does not really matter if God’s throne is literal or figurative, because his power and authority are real, and one day, we will stand before his throne to give an account.

Will we stand before a literal throne?
The Bible is clear that we will all have to give an account one day for our lives. We will all appear before the judgment seat.

"You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat." - Romans 14:10

"Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books." - Revelation 20:11-12

When the Bible speaks of judgment, the picture is given of one who is a judge, who is always seated, and the ones who come before the judge, who are usually standing before him. Typically, in a court of law when a verdict is read, or a sentence is given, the defendant stands before the judge. You have probably heard it said in a court of law “Will the defendant please rise?”. This is similar to what will happen in judgment because we will all stand before the throne of God for the verdict to be read. For those in Christ, this will not be a judgment of sin because your sins have been judged in Christ. This will be a judgment of reward for what you have done since you were saved. For those who don’t know Christ, this will be a judgment of sin. I don’t know for certain if the throne mentioned for judgment is literal or figurative, but in this case I would lean towards a literal throne. The Bible declares that every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord (Phil. 2:10-11). This is one of those places where that could happen because everyone will stand before the throne and acknowledge Jesus as Lord of all.

Good enough @101G or are you ready with a counter attack-another question?

What does the throne of God represent?
Authority/Power, now, let 101G ask you something about the throne of God ..... in Heaven, is it a physical thing..... like a chair for instance, as here on earth.... Yes or No? ... think before you answer...... (smile), remember Revelation is symbolic...... I can't wait for your answer.

now, 101G read what you said, but 101G is speaking of the throne in Heaven...... (smile).....
Good enough @101G or are you ready with a counter attack-another question?
yes, while you're answering the throne of God question in heaven,,,,, (smile), one question concerning the ... "CITY" to come. NEW JERSULEM. it has 12 foundation with the Lord Jesus as it corner stone, correct. Revelation 21:14 "And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb." now listen closely, Ephesians 2:19 "Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;" Ephesians 2:20 "And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;" Ephesians 2:21 "In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:" Ephesians 2:22 "In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit."

one question, "WHO IS THIS CITY?"

101G,

Authority/Power, now, let 101G ask you something about the throne of God ..... in Heaven, is it a physical thing..... like a chair for instance, as here on earth.... Yes or No? ... think before you answer...... (smile), remember Revelation is symbolic...... I can't wait for your answer.

now 101G read what you said, but 101G is speaking of the throne in Heaven...... (smile).....
I really do believe you have a problem with reading comprehension.
I have already answered the question in my post-but you "cut excerpts" from my post--
I think we are done here.
J.

I really do believe you have a problem with reading comprehension.
I have already answered the question in my post-but you "cut excerpts" from my post--
I think we are done here.
J.
personal Opinions, neither count or move `101G. ..... Next.

101G.

to sit at one's Right hand is not PHYSICAL. it's an anthropomorphism to show that one is in authorization to act in "power".

101G.
Thats twisting reality--Heb 1:3-He sat down at the right hand of the majesty)=God=The Father= YHWH(Jehovah)

now, 101G read what you said, but 101G is speaking of the throne in Heaven...... (smile).....

yes, while you're answering the throne of God question in heaven,,,,, (smile), one question concerning the ... "CITY" to come. NEW JERSULEM. it has 12 foundation with the Lord Jesus as it corner stone, correct. Revelation 21:14 "And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb." now listen closely, Ephesians 2:19 "Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;" Ephesians 2:20 "And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;" Ephesians 2:21 "In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:" Ephesians 2:22 "In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit."

one question, "WHO IS THIS CITY?"

101G,
Actually the new Jerusalem is the bride. Rev 21:2--It is not a literal city.

Back
Top Bottom