The Origin : Of SIN by Behold

Reader...

Sin is a literal manifestation of the Carnal or "adamic nature".

By "one man's sin", SIN, = entered into the world and "death by sin" came upon all humans.

But that is not where sin originated......

See, all SIn is , "as rebellion".....

So, that leads to the original Rebel, who was Lucifer. As "iniquity" was first found in Him, before He and the fallen angels were cast out of Heaven

Jesus said that He "beheld Satan fall as Lightning", and the Devil, Satan is an "angel of light",, but its this one .... Luke 11:35

And here is something you need to know.. ....

"Hell was created for the Devil and His Angels"... = BEFORE Adam and Eve were created by God.

So, EVIL..... It means that the original evil is this one..

A.) "father of lies", and a "murderer from the beginning"... and that "beginning" was not God creating Lucifer to be a murderer.. No...That beginning was the beginning of His Pride that became His "iniquity was found in Him"...... so, its in THAT Beginning, inside Lucifer..... where He became a murderer in his heart, and not just that.... but the sin nature.

See that? That is the original evil... That's WHO it came from...... and the way to understand this, is... = The Devil's nature is the sin nature or the "fallen nature".

The "adamic" nature is the Devil's nature, in a human, in all humans.

See, you love to sin, or you use to love to sin, before you were saved, because that is the Devil's nature = "adamic" "fallen".
When you are born again the "old man of sin" .. that fallen nature is "crucified with Christ"

Listen,
When Adam bit the apple, he was now found spiritually kneeling before the Devil's dominion as Adam lost his dominion, and became "fallen"., and the devil took Adam's dominion and He became the "god of this world". And still is, today.

And notice that the Devil is "fallen from Heaven"... so that is more then symbolic, when you factor in that the Fallen nature of man, the Adamic nature, is this...
= Jesus said..."you (all unbelievers) are of YOUR FATHER... (The Devil)... and the LUSTS of your Father, (the Devil) you will Do".

See that?
That is Adam the REBEL become a child of the devil, and this is passed to all of us. as the fallen Adamic nature. or the "sin nature" or the Carnal mind of the Flesh.

So.....How to escape this "father" and all of that?

Jesus said....>"you must be born again".., and water can't do that for you., as "its by my SPIRIT sayeth the Lord".

I don’t care whether you call it the old nature, the flesh, or indwelling sin. But there resides in every believer a strong propensity toward sin that wars against the new nature that we received through the new birth...

You could also look at it like this. That Christ died to take away the penalty for our sin. Which is death. But as long as we are in these fleshly bodies we are going to sin and will never be sinless till we get to heaven. Our hope here is that we will Sin Less. Sanctification is what I'm talking about.

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23 Paul's talking to Believers here because Obviously if you're not saved sin will be your lifestyle and the glory of God will be the last thing on your mind.

John also makes it clear that we still sin.

Walking in the Light
…9.If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10.If we say we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:10

Once again obviously this is a word to believers.

Also Jesus demonstrated by washing the disciples feet that we would become contaminated by walking around in the world. Jesus told them that they didn't need to be washed all over because he had already cleansed them all they needed was their feet washed from the day to day grime we pick up in this world.

Rowan, That will be too late, so you must be believing some doctrine of demons to keep you sinning the rest of your life. Read Revelation 22:11. When you die, you will remain in the state you died in. "11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.”

What you are believing seems to be the heretical "T" in TULIP. That is false doctrine.

Our nature is what was born again and what Jesus took sin out of, and there is no sin in Him. Once sin is out of your nature, your nature is like a puppet master that controls your body. If you have a sin nature, like before Christ, your nature will make your body sin. If Jesus takes away your sin, then your body will not sin either.

1 John 3:4-9
4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him. 7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t care whether you call it the old nature, the flesh, or indwelling sin. But there resides in every believer a strong propensity toward sin that wars against the new nature that we received through the new birth...

That is Romans 7:15 and Galatians 5:17

What you are describing is 'sin consciousness". = This empowers your flesh.
And here is why...
The more you try not to sin, (commit a work of the Flesh) the more your flesh is resurrected and takes control of your mind.

Now heretics will tell you that you are supposed to "sin, confess, and repeat", ...as that is the devil's lie they teach.

Paul told us to "reckon the old man dead"....and that is that FLESH... that "mind of the flesh".

The way to stop fighting with it, is to stop fighting it, by revelation knowledge.

This = Paul teaches.....>"being now made FREE from Sin".... "Christ always Gives me the Victory".

So, how do you do that?
You come to understand that God always sees the born again, as "the righteousness of God in Christ".

This is why Paul teaches 2nd Corinthians 5:19 and Romans 4:8

And from that revelation, as you learn to believe it, the Grace of God will clear you rmind of sin consciousness.

And not until,

@charismaticlady

What did The apostle Paul say? “But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.” Romans 7:20

He's talking about himself and he was definitely saved at the time.

If a saved person won't admit to occasionally sinning I would imagine they're into sinless perfection. That's extremely dangerous.

Jesus tells us how to pray and to ask for forgiveness because he knew that we would occasionally sin.

Matthew 6:9-12 “Pray, then, in this way: ‘Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. ‘Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. ‘Give us this day our daily bread. ‘And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.”

1 John Chapter one is a chapter written clearly for believers. When we read 1 John in context, we see that one of the aspects of walking in the light is confessing our sin. I seriously don't understand how people could believe they are currently living perfectly, without sin We deceive ourselves when we make such claims. Confessing our sins is one of the evidences that we are saved. You can never hide sin in His light.

A person with a genuine relationship with their father is going to confess their faults. The Holy Spirit is going to convict us of sin and if He’s not, that is evidence of false conversion. Having unconfessed sin blocks God from listening to us. It’s dangerous to claim to be without sin. The Bible says we're calling God a liar.

You could also look at it like this. That Christ died to take away the penalty for our sin. Which is death. But as long as we are in these fleshly bodies we are going to sin and will never be sinless till we get to heaven. Our hope here is that we will Sin Less. Sanctification is what I'm talking about.

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23 Paul's talking to Believers here because Obviously if you're not saved sin will be your lifestyle and the glory of God will be the last thing on your mind.

John also makes it clear that we still sin.

Walking in the Light
…9.If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10.If we say we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:10

Once again obviously this is a word to believers.

Also Jesus demonstrated by washing the disciples feet that we would become contaminated by walking around in the world. Jesus told them that they didn't need to be washed all over because he had already cleansed them all they needed was their feet washed from the day to day grime we pick up in this world.

@charismaticlady

What did The apostle Paul say? “But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.” Romans 7:20

He's talking about himself and he was definitely saved at the time.

If a saved person won't admit to occasionally sinning I would imagine they're into sinless perfection. That's extremely dangerous.

Jesus tells us how to pray and to ask for forgiveness because he knew that we would occasionally sin.

Matthew 6:9-12 “Pray, then, in this way: ‘Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. ‘Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. ‘Give us this day our daily bread. ‘And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.”

1 John Chapter one is a chapter written clearly for believers. When we read 1 John in context, we see that one of the aspects of walking in the light is confessing our sin. I seriously don't understand how people could believe they are currently living perfectly, without sin We deceive ourselves when we make such claims. Confessing our sins is one of the evidences that we are saved. You can never hide sin in His light.

A person with a genuine relationship with their father is going to confess their faults. The Holy Spirit is going to convict us of sin and if He’s not, that is evidence of false conversion. Having unconfessed sin blocks God from listening to us. It’s dangerous to claim to be without sin. The Bible says we're calling God a liar.
Hi Rowan,

I'll answer these in order according to your paragraphs.

Romans 7:20 as you know is Paul when he still had sin dwelling in him. Agreed? That is when he was in the flesh, meaning acting according to his sin nature. Sin was in his flesh/carnal sin nature. Verses 14-25 is all about what it was like being under the Law, and going back to Romans 7:5 shows we are no longer under the law, because Jesus TOOK AWAY OUR SIN, so you are taking verse 20 out of context, because we no longer are in the flesh, but in the Spirit. Verse 5 shows us being in the flesh is past tense.

5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. 6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

Then if you jump ahead to Romans 8:1-2 you will see that Paul (me) was freed from Romans 7:14-25. " There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death."

Next: There is no such thing as sinless perfection, because sinlessness is at the beginning when Jesus takes away our sin, and there is no sin in Him, 1 John 3:4-5, and perfection is at the end of our life when through our life as a Christian we mature in all the fruit of the Spirit to perfection. Rowan, be careful to not side with doctrines of demons that speak against the work of Jesus in our life, like many do who mock sinless perfection. Those people don't even believe in sinlessness, thus don't believe in 1 John 3:4-9. Jesus destroyed the work of the devil so we cannot commit major sins. It is just not in our new nature to want to steal, murder and commit adultery with someone else's spouse.

Next: The Lord's Prayer. There are two types of sin. Sins unto death is the most important, called by Catholics correctly as mortal sins that we just talked about. Those are sins against the moral laws of the Ten Commandments, the last 6. Back in 1 John 3:4 it says sin is lawlessness. That is this first type of sin Jesus removes from our nature, taking us from death to life. The second type of sin is what the Lord's Prayer is talking about. These debts also called trespasses, and minor sins, in comparison to the major sins unto death, are call "sins NOT unto death." 1 John 5:16-17. These sins are from immature fruit of the Spirit. Read John 15:1-4 and note that even though Jesus is still working with us to mature the fruit of the Spirit, he calls us "CLEAN." He means clean from the major type of sin He took away, so we could be filled with the Holy Spirit. “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me."

Peter wrote a list about the fruit and the order we need to grow them to maturity in 2 Peter 1:5-7. "But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control [a]perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love."

1 John 2 helps understand 1 John 1. Here is 1 John 2:4 "He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." John is contrasting those who walk the walk, against pretenders who only talk (say) the talk. 1 John 1:6, 8 and 10 are not Christians. They are just "saying" they are.

Washing of feet. I think all the above tells you what you already know about this demonstration.

Abide, Abide, Abide. That's the key, thank you for taking the time to respond. I can see you have a very good grasp on what you're talking about.

A very good site, might I add.
J.

Reader,

Not all verses in the NT are aimed at the Born Again Christian, as a doctrine, or even as instruction....
This may come as a shock, but those Apostles, in many verses are talking to unbelievers......Such as 1 John 1:9

Its amazing that the idea of "sin, confess, repeat" is become the broken standard regarding how most Christians are taught to believe that this behavior is real Christianity.
Its not.

This junk theology, is mostly based on partial teaching by Paul, where he said..>"that which i hate i do".... etc etc.
Some heretics seem to think and teach that this is the only verse In the bible.
Yet, PAUL continued to teach, and completed the teaching by showing us that we live HERE...."Christ always gives me the VICTORY".
""'I can do all things through Christ"..
Most believers, have never read those verses, apparently.... because they STOPPED in "that which i hate i do" and that is why they are doing it.
Its their broken faith... Is it yours?
It was not Paul's.
Paul didnt do any of that...., and you think he did, many of you, because you never STUDIED the rest of what He taught.

Listen, Paul never confessed a SIN, in any of His epistles.
Not one.
Never.
He never told us to confess sin, in his 13 Epistles.

Hummmmmm. Is your mind blown, as you read one verse by John, and you think that is "real Christianity" and its not even written to the born again...... as the born again, are "made free from sin".

Remember the young man that was having sex with His Father's new wife in the Corinthian Church, that is the most carnal in the entire New Testament?
Paul never told Him to confess that sin.
Go read it.
What Paul did was have the Local Corinthian assembly send the boy OUT of the Congregation, and turned him over to this... 1 Corinthians 5:5.
That's what Paul did about it.
And later, he had this boy come back to church.

Listen.... Paul wrote.......that our "old man of sin is Dead", and we are "in Christ" and "Jesus is the one time ETERNAL sacrifice for Sin".

If you have sin, then Jesus has not died for them, yet, reader.
You can't be "in Christ" have have sin.
Didnt you know that?
Well now you do.
And if you are confessing what has been taken care of by Jesus's one time ETENRAL sacrifice of sin".... which is the Cross of Christ, then you are wasting your time.

And before you run in here and chant the cult teaching...>"well see, only the sin that you committed before you are saved, is forgiven"..

You've heard that lie? You were taught that theological junk?

Didn't you just read that Jesus is the One time ETERNAL Sacrifice for your sin? Do you understand the meaning of the word... ETERNAL ???

Its means FOREVER and EVER.

See.... some cult or some deceiver has you living in .. "sin, confess, repeat" your entire Christian Life, instead of understanding that ..

"God hath MADE JESUS....to be SIN...for us".. because "Jesus is the ONE TIME.... ETERNAL .... Sacrifice.... for sin"...

And one more..
Get away from 1 John 1:9 and get away from all the heretics who want to keep you in bondage there, and instead go and read... 1 John 3:9 .. as that verse is for the born again.
Check it out.

Last edited:
Its amazing that the idea of "sin, confess, repeat" is become the broken standard regarding how most Christians are taught to believe that this behavior is real Christianity.
Its not.
Error!
1. In order to grow we need to eat—The Bible
2. In order to grow we need to breathe—Prayer
3. In order to grow we need good spiritual hygiene—Confession of sin
4. In order to grow we need a caring family—Fellowship
5. In order to grow we need regular exercise—Service
6. In order to grow we need protection—Temptation
7. In order to grow we need to give—Stewardship
B. THEME VERSE: MEMORIZE IT!
2 Pet 3:18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

C. WHY DON’T WE MATURE?
I hope that you looked over the list of suggestions (from last week) to ratchet up your commitment in the area of prayer. If you’re like me, you may well have all sorts of good intentions, “I’m going to pray more this year, I’m going to spend time with God.” But your follow-through is probably lousy. Know what? You’re not alone!

George Barna, in his recent book, “Growing True Disciples, said this, “most believers say that their faith matters, but few are investing much energy in the pursuit of spiritual growth. We seem to possess an abundance of desire, but a dearth of commitment.”

His survey found that

18% of all believers surveyed said that their effort to grow spiritually is the single, most intense commitment in their life.

52% said that they work consistently to grow spiritually but with limited success.

Another 20% said that they work occasionally to grow spiritually but are not consistent.

The remaining 10% admitted that they are neither involved nor interested in growing spiritually.

What were their reasons Christians gave for not pursuing spiritual growth more passionately?

66% said they are just too busy to give the process the time it requires.

25% cited a general lack of interest or motivation to grow.

Here’s what Barna concluded. Christianity in America suffers from “a lack of passion to be godly.” “We’re all busy, and Jesus comes along and asks us to get serious about spiritual growth. What’s our response? We give intellectual assent to the idea, but when push comes to shove, our schedules are already bloated with other, more important tasks, opportunities and responsibilities. We have passion, but it is not a passion for the matters of God.”

D. THE GOAL: THAT YOU WILL COMMIT TO THE HABITS NECESSARY FOR SPIRITUAL MATURITY.
If you’re here this morning and agreeing with Barna’s survey, I have one suggestion for you—get involved with a small group. Join a group of men, women, a Small Group and tell them where you need to work. Write out on a 3x5 card where your spiritual life needs an overhaul. Ask them to pray for you, walk with you, lovingly hold you accountable for growth and progress.

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GROW? CONFESSION!
II. INTRODUCTION
I used to backpack regularly in the Salmo Wilderness area of Northern Washington. After hiking hard for 2 hours, there was nothing better than slipping out of your heavy pack next to a clear mountain stream and getting a drink of water. Once, while we were enjoying the delicious refreshment of the mountain stream, a friend was placing large boulders in the bottoms of our packs. 15 to 20 extra pounds! We came back after 10 minutes, slipped our packs back on, and commented on how heavy they always felt after a break. Our friend agreed! We hiked another 2 to 3 hours to our destination, and only after setting up camp did we realize that we’d been carrying unnecessary weight!

My fear is that many of you here this morning are also carrying unnecessary weight! Burdens on the inside that are slowing you down, weighing you down, bringing you down! Turn to page 670 in your pew Bible, Psalm 32. God has some answers for us…

III. GOD WANTS YOU TO EXPERIENCE THE INCREDIBLE JOY OF BEING COMPLETELY FORGIVEN OF EVERY SIN (1-2)
A. GOD’S FORGIVENESS INCLUDES EVERY KIND OF SIN IMAGINABLE
As I read verses 1 and 2, I want you to circle three words…

1 Oh, what joy for those whose rebellion is forgiven,
whose sin is put out of sight!

2 Yes, what joy for those
whose record the Lord has cleared of sin,
whose lives are lived in complete honesty!

David uses three distinct words for sin in verses 1-2:

“rebellion” or breaking away from God,
“transgressions” or missing the mark, and
“iniquity,” that which is crooked, morally distorted.
He isn’t saying that God forgives these three distinct kinds of sins as much as He is saying God forgives all kinds of sins…

1. Sins against God or against people
2. Large sins or small sins
3. Intentional sins or unintentional
4. Sins of commission (doing what you shouldn’t) or omission (not doing what you should have)
B. GOD’S FORGIVENESS CLEARS THE GUILTY COMPLETELY
David uses three distinct terms to describe God’s forgiveness in verses 1-2. I want you to put a box around the words for forgiveness:

1 Oh, what joy for those
whose rebellion is forgiven,

1. God carries away your burden of guilt—removes it, forgets it
2. God covers your shame—its defilement is no longer reason for shame, implies that He will never bring it up again
3. God cancels your debt—nothing left for you to pay
C. God’s forgiveness results in boundless joy!
1 Oh, what joy…

Do you want that? Maybe you’re here this morning with no joy. Weighed down with the guilt of your sins. Guilty, ashamed, a prisoner of your troubled conscience. Doesn’t have to go on that way! You can go free! You can know joy again!

J.

Error!
1. In order to grow we need to eat—The Bible
2. In order to grow we need to breathe—Prayer
4. In order to grow we need a caring family—Fellowship
5. In order to grow we need regular exercise—Service
6. In order to grow we need protection—Temptation
7. In order to grow we need to give—Stewardship
B. THEME VERSE: MEMORIZE IT!
2 Pet 3:18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

C. WHY DON’T WE MATURE?
I hope that you looked over the list of suggestions (from last week) to ratchet up your commitment in the area of prayer. If you’re like me, you may well have all sorts of good intentions, “I’m going to pray more this year, I’m going to spend time with God.” But your follow-through is probably lousy. Know what? You’re not alone!

George Barna, in his recent book, “Growing True Disciples, said this, “most believers say that their faith matters, but few are investing much energy in the pursuit of spiritual growth. We seem to possess an abundance of desire, but a dearth of commitment.”

His survey found that

18% of all believers surveyed said that their effort to grow spiritually is the single, most intense commitment in their life.

52% said that they work consistently to grow spiritually but with limited success.

Another 20% said that they work occasionally to grow spiritually but are not consistent.

The remaining 10% admitted that they are neither involved nor interested in growing spiritually.

What were their reasons Christians gave for not pursuing spiritual growth more passionately?

66% said they are just too busy to give the process the time it requires.

25% cited a general lack of interest or motivation to grow.

Here’s what Barna concluded. Christianity in America suffers from “a lack of passion to be godly.” “We’re all busy, and Jesus comes along and asks us to get serious about spiritual growth. What’s our response? We give intellectual assent to the idea, but when push comes to shove, our schedules are already bloated with other, more important tasks, opportunities and responsibilities. We have passion, but it is not a passion for the matters of God.”

D. THE GOAL: THAT YOU WILL COMMIT TO THE HABITS NECESSARY FOR SPIRITUAL MATURITY.
If you’re here this morning and agreeing with Barna’s survey, I have one suggestion for you—get involved with a small group. Join a group of men, women, a Small Group and tell them where you need to work. Write out on a 3x5 card where your spiritual life needs an overhaul. Ask them to pray for you, walk with you, lovingly hold you accountable for growth and progress.

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GROW? CONFESSION!
II. INTRODUCTION
I used to backpack regularly in the Salmo Wilderness area of Northern Washington. After hiking hard for 2 hours, there was nothing better than slipping out of your heavy pack next to a clear mountain stream and getting a drink of water. Once, while we were enjoying the delicious refreshment of the mountain stream, a friend was placing large boulders in the bottoms of our packs. 15 to 20 extra pounds! We came back after 10 minutes, slipped our packs back on, and commented on how heavy they always felt after a break. Our friend agreed! We hiked another 2 to 3 hours to our destination, and only after setting up camp did we realize that we’d been carrying unnecessary weight!

My fear is that many of you here this morning are also carrying unnecessary weight! Burdens on the inside that are slowing you down, weighing you down, bringing you down! Turn to page 670 in your pew Bible, Psalm 32. God has some answers for us…

III. GOD WANTS YOU TO EXPERIENCE THE INCREDIBLE JOY OF BEING COMPLETELY FORGIVEN OF EVERY SIN (1-2)
A. GOD’S FORGIVENESS INCLUDES EVERY KIND OF SIN IMAGINABLE
As I read verses 1 and 2, I want you to circle three words…

1 Oh, what joy for those whose rebellion is forgiven,

David uses three distinct words for sin in verses 1-2:

“rebellion” or breaking away from God,
“transgressions” or missing the mark, and
“iniquity,” that which is crooked, morally distorted.
He isn’t saying that God forgives these three distinct kinds of sins as much as He is saying God forgives all kinds of sins…

1. Sins against God or against people
2. Large sins or small sins
3. Intentional sins or unintentional
4. Sins of commission (doing what you shouldn’t) or omission (not doing what you should have)
B. GOD’S FORGIVENESS CLEARS THE GUILTY COMPLETELY
David uses three distinct terms to describe God’s forgiveness in verses 1-2. I want you to put a box around the words for forgiveness:

1 Oh, what joy for those
whose rebellion is forgiven,

1. God carries away your burden of guilt—removes it, forgets it
2. God covers your shame—its defilement is no longer reason for shame, implies that He will never bring it up again
3. God cancels your debt—nothing left for you to pay
C. God’s forgiveness results in boundless joy!
1 Oh, what joy…

Do you want that? Maybe you’re here this morning with no joy. Weighed down with the guilt of your sins. Guilty, ashamed, a prisoner of your troubled conscience. Doesn’t have to go on that way! You can go free! You can know joy again!

J.
Confession of sin or repentance is what we do to have Jesus take away our sin, and there is no sin in Him. You say after that confession of sin is necessary. Why, if you don't sin any longer because of the power of the Holy Spirit inside you?

1 John 1:9 and Acts 2:38 are the same. How many times must you BECOME a Christian?

Confession of sin or repentance is what we do to have Jesus take away our sin, and there is no sin in Him. You say after that confession of sin is necessary. Why, if you don't sin any longer because of the power of the Holy Spirit inside you?

1 John 1:9 and Acts 2:38 are the same. How many times must you BECOME a Christian?
You believe in sinless perfection-right?

1Jn 1:9 IfG1437 Conj ean ἐὰν we should confessG3670 G5725 V-PSA-1P homologōmen ὁμολογῶμεν theG3588 Art-AFP tas τὰς sinsG266 N-AFP hamartias ἁμαρτίας of us,G1473 PPro-G1P hēmōn, ἡμῶν, faithfulG4103 Adj-NMS pistos πιστός He isG1510 V-PIA-3S estin ἐστιν andG2532 Conj kai καὶ just,G1342 Adj-NMS dikaios, δίκαιος, thatG2443 Conj hina ἵνα He may forgiveG863 G5632 V-ASA-3S aphē ἀφῇ usG1473 PPro-D1P hēmin ἡμῖν [our]G3588 Art-AFP tas τὰς sins,G266 N-AFP hamartias, ἁμαρτίας, andG2532 Conj kai καὶ might cleanseG2511 G5661 V-ASA-3S katharisē καθαρίσῃ usG1473 PPro-A1P hēmas ἡμᾶς fromG575 Prep apo ἀπὸ allG3956 Adj-GFS pasēs πάσης unrighteousness.G93 N-GFS adikias. ἀδικίας.
ὁμολογῶμεν
Transliteration: homologōmen
Morphology: V-PSA-1P
Verb - Present Subjunctive Active - 1st Person Plural
Strong's no.: G3670 (ὁμολογέω)
Meaning: (a) to promise, agree, (b) to confess, (c) to publicly declare, (d) a Hebraism, to praise, celebrate.

If we confess (ean homologōmen). Third-class condition again with ean and present active subjunctive of homologeō, “if we keep on confessing.” Confession of sin to God and to one another (Jas_5:16) is urged throughout the N.T. from John the Baptist (Mar_1:5) on.
J.

A "mature" believer wont be found......>"sinning, confessing and repeat".. and they also wont be found teaching that as "christianity".

Im not surprised that you dont know this, as you were a Hyper Calvinist a little while back, and what are you now, ???? @Johann

So, what you should do, is stop cutting and pasting so much, and get a bible, and read this... a lot.... for a while.

Romans 3:21-28

Hebrews 13:9

Philippians 1:6

2nd Corinthians 5:19

Romans 4:8

John 3:17

You believe in sinless perfection-right?

1Jn 1:9 IfG1437 Conj ean ἐὰν we should confessG3670 G5725 V-PSA-1P homologōmen ὁμολογῶμεν theG3588 Art-AFP tas τὰς sinsG266 N-AFP hamartias ἁμαρτίας of us,G1473 PPro-G1P hēmōn, ἡμῶν, faithfulG4103 Adj-NMS pistos πιστός He isG1510 V-PIA-3S estin ἐστιν andG2532 Conj kai καὶ just,G1342 Adj-NMS dikaios, δίκαιος, thatG2443 Conj hina ἵνα He may forgiveG863 G5632 V-ASA-3S aphē ἀφῇ usG1473 PPro-D1P hēmin ἡμῖν [our]G3588 Art-AFP tas τὰς sins,G266 N-AFP hamartias, ἁμαρτίας, andG2532 Conj kai καὶ might cleanseG2511 G5661 V-ASA-3S katharisē καθαρίσῃ usG1473 PPro-A1P hēmas ἡμᾶς fromG575 Prep apo ἀπὸ allG3956 Adj-GFS pasēs πάσης unrighteousness.G93 N-GFS adikias. ἀδικίας.
ὁμολογῶμεν
Transliteration: homologōmen
Morphology: V-PSA-1P
Verb - Present Subjunctive Active - 1st Person Plural
Strong's no.: G3670 (ὁμολογέω)
Meaning: (a) to promise, agree, (b) to confess, (c) to publicly declare, (d) a Hebraism, to praise, celebrate.

If we confess (ean homologōmen). Third-class condition again with ean and present active subjunctive of homologeō, “if we keep on confessing.” Confession of sin to God and to one another (Jas_5:16) is urged throughout the N.T. from John the Baptist (Mar_1:5) on.
J.
1:9 "confess"
This is a compound Greek term from "to speak" and "the same." Believers continue to agree with God that they have violated His holiness (cf. Rom. 3:23). It is PRESENT TENSE, which implies ongoing action. Confession implies

a specific naming of sins (1 John 1:9)
a public admitting of sins (cf. Matt. 10:32; James 5:16)
a turning from specific sins (cf. Matt. 3:6; Mark 1:5; Acts 19:18; James 5:16)
1 John uses this term quite often (cf. 1 John 1:9; 4:2,3,15; 2 John 7). Jesus' death is the means of forgiveness, but sinful mankind must respond and continue to respond in faith to be saved (cf. John 1:12; 3:16).

"our sins" Notice the PLURAL. This refers to specific acts of sin.

"He is faithful"

This refers to God the Father (cf. Deut. 7:9; 32:4; Ps. 36:5; 40:10; 89:1,2,5,8; 92:2; 119:90; Isa. 49:7; Rom. 3:3; 1 Cor. 1:9; 10:13; 2 Cor. 1:18; 1 Thess. 5:24; 2 Tim. 2:13). God the Father's unchanging, merciful, faithful character is our surest hope! This phrase accentuates God's faithfulness to His Word (cf. Heb. 10:23;11:11). This may also refer to God's New Covenant promise made in Jer. 31:34, which promised the forgiveness of sins.

This term is unusual in a context related to a holy God freely pardoning unholy people. However, this is theologically accurate because God takes our sins seriously, yet He has provided the means for our forgiveness in the substitutionary death of Christ (cf. Rom. 3:21-31).

"forgive . . . cleanse"
These are both AORIST ACTIVE SUBJUNCTIVES. These two terms are synonymous in this context; they refer both to the salvation of the lost and to the ongoing cleansing necessary for fellowship with God (i.e., when God forgives, God fogets, cf. Isa. 1:18; 38:17; 43:25; 44:22; Ps. 103:3,11-13; Mic. 7:19). The false teachers who denied the gospel, needed salvation. Believers who continue to commit acts of sin need restoration of fellowship. John seems to address the first group implicitly and the second explicitly.

1:10 "If we say" See note at 1 John 1:6.

"we have not sinned"
This is a PERFECT ACTIVE INDICATIVE which implies that one has never sinned in the past nor in the present. The term "sinned" is SINGULAR and refers to sin in general. The Greek term means "to miss the mark." This means that sin is both the commission and the omission of the things revealed in God's Word. The false teachers claimed salvation was related only to knowledge, not to life.

"we make Him a liar"
The gospel is based on the sinfulness of all mankind (cf. Rom. 3:9-18,23; 5:1; 11:32). Either God (cf. Rom. 3:4) or those who claim sinlessness, is lying.

"His word is not in us"

This involves the dual aspect of the term "logos," both as a message and a person (cf. 1 John 1:1,8; John 14:6). John often refers to this as "truth."

The gospel is based on the sinfulness of all mankind

The Gospel is based on the Sacrifice of Christ on the Cross being offered for the sin of the World.

John 3:16-17

What you can't seem to understand, according to what you post, is... that this SALVATION has produced a "new Creation", and that is not a "sinning, confessing, and repeat" situation.

What you should do, is substitute 1 John 3:9 in place of everything you are posting and believe.

But you have to read that verse, and understand it.

Try it.

Im not surprised that you dont know this, as you were a Calvinist, a little while back, and what are you now?

So, what you should do, is stop cutting and pasting so much, and get a bible, and read this... a lot.
See here @Behold-your biting tongue you must keep in check-this Forum is not like "the other Forum" and I was invited, personally, by @civic to THIS Forum.
Praise God Christophany and me are not lazy in "copy and pasting" the Scriptures and what is truth on THIS Forum, for the edification of others and not what is in it for us.

THERE you got away with slandering members and misrepresenting them with your tongue-not HERE.
You and I are here by the chen of YHVH-don't abuse you "rights" by accusing me falsely.
Get that?
Johann.

The Gospel is based on the Sacrifice of Christ on the Cross being offered for the sin of the World.

John 3:16-17

What you can't seem to understand, according to what you post, is... that this SALVATION has produced a "new Creation", and that is not a "sinning, confessing, and repeat" situation.

What you should do, is substitute 1 John 3:9 in place of everything you are posting and believe.

But you have to read that verse, and understand it.

Try it.
Quote my whole post, and not excerpts here and there-what is the Present Tense?
The Present Tense

Overview of Uses

I. Narrow-Band Presents 516

ð A. Instantaneous Present (a.k.a. Aoristic or Punctiliar Present) 517

ð B. Progressive Present (a.k.a. Descriptive Present) 518

II. Broad-Band Presents 519

A. Extending-From-Past Present 519

ð B. Iterative Present 520

ð C. Customary (Habitual or General) Present 521

ð D. Gnomic Present 523

III. Special Uses of the Present 526

ð A. Historical Present (Dramatic Present) 526

B. Perfective Present 532

C. Conative (Tendential, Voluntative) Present 534

1. In Progress, but not Complete (True Conative) 534

2. Not Begun, but About/Desired to be Attempted (Voluntative/Tendential) 535

ð D. Futuristic Present 535

1. Completely Futuristic 536

2. Mostly Futuristic (Ingressive-Futuristic?) 537

ð E. Present Retained in Indirect Discourse 537

Select Bibliography

BDF, 167-69, 172, 174 (§319-24, 335-36, 338-39); Burton, Moods and Tenses, 7-11, 46, 54-55 (§8-20, 96-97, 119-131); Fanning, Verbal Aspect, 198-240, 325-413; K. L. McKay, A New Syntax of the Verb in New Testament Greek: An Aspectual Approach (New York: Peter Lang, 1994) 39-42; idem, “Time and Aspect in New Testament Greek,” NovT 34 (1992) 209-28; Moule, Idiom Book, 7-8; Porter, Verbal Aspect, 163-244, 321-401; idem, Idioms, 28-33; Robertson, Grammar, 879-92; Turner, Syntax, 60-64, 74-81; Young, Intermediate Greek, 107-13.

But you don't have a clue what I'm trying to convey to you.
J.

Back
Top Bottom