The Old Testament: Obsolete and Embarrassing or still valid today?

Either accommodation was made for adults, or every adult was in disobedience to not be circumcised the 8th day after birth.

Being circumcised did not bring someone into the Abraham covenant. It was a family covenant, and one had to be seed of Abraham and since he and Sarah were without children it was originally only, he and she in this covenant until Isaac, the Promised one, was born.

Quote the law. Jesus wasn't circumcised late.........................

Abraham didn't always have this "covenant" you're claiming is exclusive.

Mankind is not in the bible. That word was coined thousands of years far removed from the bible.

Mankind is a English word. Of course it was thousands of years removed from when it was "coined".

I never said it existed with Eber. I merely used Hebrew and Jew interchangeably.

You said used Eber to establish Hebrew. You can't use Eber to establish Jew.

Nations is in the bible. Gentile is in the bible. Nations was used as early as Ishmael and Jacob's kids began to multiply. But at this time, it did not mean "Gentile." But once Ishamel and Esau's children were being born and became tribes in Canaan it applied to non-Hebrews.

View attachment 826

You can't make this argument given it is the same word. All you have is conjecture. You're appealing to a word change and yet the word itself never changed. This is nothing like your appeal for Hebrew and Jew. They are different words.

Also. I don't believe Einstein understood everything about Energy.

Mankind is a English word. Of course it was thousands of years removed from when it was "coined".
You said used Eber to establish Hebrew. You can't use Eber to establish Jew.
9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.
10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.
Heb 7:8–10.

No difference. The tribe of Judah was in the loins of Eber.
You can't make this argument given it is the same word. All you have is conjecture. You're appealing to a word change and yet the word itself never changed. This is nothing like your appeal for Hebrew and Jew. They are different words.

Also. I don't believe Einstein understood everything about Energy.
Seems he knew enough.

I will go with Scripture about the Law and the N.T. from Romans 8 below. :)

Therefore there is now no condemnation at all for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who are in accord with the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are in accord with the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God

hope this helps !!!

Therefore there is now no condemnation at all for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who are in accord with the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are in accord with the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God

hope this helps !!!
Help me understand what you understand of these passages. Let me post the KJV and then ask for your understanding because I don't get at this moment how these words are being understood by you and I really want to understand how you interpret some of these terms because on the face of it I am confused by your choice of verses and how they seem to apply to the post's title question.

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Q: Is there any condemnation at all if we walk in the flesh and/or sin?
Q: How do you understand walking in the flesh and walking in the Spirit?
Q: Can a person (and I am referring to the born-again unless I mention otherwise) walking in the Spirit do so continually at any or at all times in their new life as a believer?

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Q: How do you understand "the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus"?
Q: What law is being referred here by Saul?
Q: What is the "law of sin and death"? Again, what law is this?

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Q: I am guessing this law is the Law of Moses, yes?
Q: How was it weak through the flesh? What is Saul saying here?

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Q: How do you understand Saul saying, "that the righteousness of the law"? How is it fulfilled in us?

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Romans 8:1–8.

Q: Verse 7, the carnal mind is enmity against God in what way and to what extent?
Q: Verse 7, is this "law of God" the Law of Moses?
Q: Verse 5-8, I understand there are two different things Saul is writing about - mind and flesh. Are they connected?
Q: Is Saul using a believer with a carnal mind or an unbeliever with a carnal mind?
Q: Since you're not responding to anyone in particular, I am reading your submission of Romans 8:1-8 as response to the post's question: "The Old Testament: Obsolete and Embarrassing or Still Valid Today" and can's see how these verses apply to the question in the heading?

Fill me in.

Rather odd then what even john writes to the church about he who beleives JESUS IS THE SON of GOD .
peter , you lagging far behind the apostel peter . You aint muslim justifying are ya .
He who beleives JESUS is the SON of GOD . try reading some bible for YOU . for you my friend .
And do repeat after me , the muslims do not know GOD , love GOD , follow GOD at all .
Of course i am not saying you do say the muslims and us worship the same GOD either . But
i do know what inclusivity is tryingto do to the church and i just hope you dont get caught up in its false love . that is all i am saying my friend .
Just to update that @TOTHALORDBEALLGLORY computer broke. He now has a new one and will be back imminently. Praising the Lord.

hope this helps !!!
Oh it helps my friend . it surely helps .
But what if i told you that often OTHER folks have used this romans eight passage
in order to transgress . I think folks forget the part about we who walk after the SPIRIT .
Lets talk about the SPIRIT for a minute .
Would GOD himself walk in sin , walk contrary to the righteousness of the law .
DID JESUS do so .
WOULD the SPIRIT then led us into a mindset that somehow makes it seem okay to sin and to trangress .
NO SIR .
The problem is that many are not and have not truly been born again .
And the spirit they follow is NOT THE SPIRIT , its a flesh feeder and that comes not of GOD .
WHAT does GOD desire . What did HE always desire . Obediance . trangression is not obediance .
trangression is REBELLION .
As far as those who look to THE LAW to establish their own righteousness
well , That wont bode well for them . The law is beautiful but by the law can no man be justified .
The deep beauty about the law is , It sure can show us what is sin , but all have sinned , all have fallen far short
of the righteousness of GOD .
The beauty and far greater beauty about the SPIRIT that is given to TRUE BELIEVERS is
it converts the heart . the blood of Christ sure do reach deep into the inner conscious of a sheep .
And man i have to say , and say i have to do , THE SPIRIT sure never led me into sin , IT LED ME OUT OF SIN
as i was given A WHOLE NEW HEART with WHOLE NEW DESIRES . I no longer loved and justified my sins
I now hated said sins . Most have zero idea what i am speaking about . But most are not born again either .
They follow another jesus created of men that fed their flesh .

Oh it helps my friend . it surely helps .
But what if i told you that often OTHER folks have used this romans eight passage
in order to transgress . I think folks forget the part about we who walk after the SPIRIT .
Lets talk about the SPIRIT for a minute .
Would GOD himself walk in sin , walk contrary to the righteousness of the law .
DID JESUS do so .
WOULD the SPIRIT then led us into a mindset that somehow makes it seem okay to sin and to trangress .
NO SIR .
The problem is that many are not and have not truly been born again .
And the spirit they follow is NOT THE SPIRIT , its a flesh feeder and that comes not of GOD .
WHAT does GOD desire . What did HE always desire . Obediance . trangression is not obediance .
trangression is REBELLION .
As far as those who look to THE LAW to establish their own righteousness
well , That wont bode well for them . The law is beautiful but by the law can no man be justified .
The deep beauty about the law is , It sure can show us what is sin , but all have sinned , all have fallen far short
of the righteousness of GOD .
The beauty and far greater beauty about the SPIRIT that is given to TRUE BELIEVERS is
it converts the heart . the blood of Christ sure do reach deep into the inner conscious of a sheep .
And man i have to say , and say i have to do , THE SPIRIT sure never led me into sin , IT LED ME OUT OF SIN
as i was given A WHOLE NEW HEART with WHOLE NEW DESIRES . I no longer loved and justified my sins
I now hated said sins . Most have zero idea what i am speaking about . But most are not born again either .
They follow another jesus created of men that fed their flesh .
Ditto

Back
Top Bottom