The Millennium- what will it be like ?

civic

Will people die during the Millennium when Christ is ruling on earth?

After the Judgment of separating the sheep from the goats, the saved go into the Millennial period (Mt.25) the unsaved (goats) go into the fire, which is judgment. There are two kinds of believers that will enter the Millennium. Those who have come back with Christ (1 Thess. 4:14b) who are made eternal, been transformed, and have glorified bodies. And those that are mortal that lived through the Great Tribulation and survived (sheep). Those mortals will become the non immortal race of man on earth which those who were made like Christ in the resurrection will co rule and reign over (Rev.20:6). Isaiah states, "There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed" (Isaiah 65:20). During this Millennial period a 100-year-old person will die as a child, if saved they will live to the extent of years (likened to Adams day), v.22 “ for as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people.”

Those born in Millennial period must receive Christ as Savior just as people in prior dispensations. By the end of the 1,000 years there will be millions of people born under Christ's Kingdom that will still refuse to accept Him as Savior. During this time period of Christs theocracy, Satan is bound in the bottomless pit. But the adamic nature is not eradicated in mortal mankind that is still being born. Those who are born to those who have entered the millennium can refuse and not be saved (even if their parents are saved). At the end of this time period Satan will be released from the bottomless pit (Revelation 20:7) and will lead All unbelievers in a rebellion against Jesus Christ, against the saints and the city of Jerusalem (Rev.20:6). The fire of God will come from Heaven and devour them (Revelation 20:8, 9). Then comes the white throne judgment -- the last judgment before the new Heavens and earth are made prepared for the heavenly Jerusalem to come down where death will be no more.

Isaiah 65:17-25

New Heavens and a New Earth

“See, I will create
new heavens and a new earth.
The former things will not be remembered,
nor will they come to mind.
18 But be glad and rejoice forever
in what I will create,
for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight
and its people a joy.
19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem
and take delight in my people;
the sound of weeping and of crying
will be heard in it no more.

20 “Never again will there be in it
an infant who lives but a few days,
or an old man who does not live out his years;
the one who dies at a hundred
will be thought a mere child;
the one who fails to reach[a] a hundred
will be considered accursed.
21 They will build houses and dwell in them;
they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 No longer will they build houses and others live in them,
or plant and others eat.
For as the days of a tree,
so will be the days of my people;
my chosen ones will long enjoy
the work of their hands.
23 They will not labor in vain,
nor will they bear children doomed to misfortune;
for they will be a people blessed by the Lord,
they and their descendants with them.
24 Before they call I will answer;
while they are still speaking I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox,
and dust will be the serpent’s food.
They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,”
says the Lord.

The point of Isaiah’s metaphor in 65:20 is that in the new heavens and new earth there will be no more untimely deaths. In the eternal kingdom, children won’t die in days of suckling, nor men in days of youth. All will have longevity of days.

And indeed, those 100 years old will be considered mere youth. In the new heavens and new earth, people will no longer be cut off by death, and the injustices of life will vanish. The verse doesn’t imply death will be present, but simply underscores that one of the great blessings of the eternal kingdom will be longevity.

Isaiah expresses this reality by employing figures we know, and his use of metaphor highlights the differences between this age and the age to come in a way we can easily understand.

Other details of the text, including verses 18 to 25, indicate this is not about an eschatological hope in a millennial reign of Christ, but rather the eternal reign of Christ. Verse 19, for example, declares that “no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping”; Revelation 21:4 echoes this verse, and sees it as a mark of the final kingdom (Rev. 21:1). Additionally, in Isaiah 65:18 God’s people are commanded to “be glad and rejoice forever”; the believer’s joy is not merely for a 1,000-year period, but forever.

The point of Isaiah’s metaphor in 65:20 is that in the new heavens and new earth there will be no more untimely deaths. In the eternal kingdom, children won’t die in days of suckling, nor men in days of youth. All will have longevity of days.

And indeed, those 100 years old will be considered mere youth. In the new heavens and new earth, people will no longer be cut off by death, and the injustices of life will vanish. The verse doesn’t imply death will be present, but simply underscores that one of the great blessings of the eternal kingdom will be longevity.

Isaiah expresses this reality by employing figures we know, and his use of metaphor highlights the differences between this age and the age to come in a way we can easily understand.

Other details of the text, including verses 18 to 25, indicate this is not about an eschatological hope in a millennial reign of Christ, but rather the eternal reign of Christ. Verse 19, for example, declares that “no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping”; Revelation 21:4 echoes this verse, and sees it as a mark of the final kingdom (Rev. 21:1). Additionally, in Isaiah 65:18 God’s people are commanded to “be glad and rejoice forever”; the believer’s joy is not merely for a 1,000-year period, but forever.

Comfort to Believers

Isaiah’s eschatological battlefield is worthy of visitation since it reminds us of previous battles over the same turf. Derek Thomas provides a succinct and helpful summary:

The passage describes a new heavens and a new earth (65:17), calling upon the faithful to rejoice forever (65:18) because it will be a condition where there is no weeping, or distress (65:19). There will be no death in heaven (65:20), or any kind of violence (65:25).

We do well to understand various views in order to avoid repeating past interpretive errors. Isaiah 65:20 communicates good news that provides deep comfort for all who are in Christ Jesus. The terrible brokenness of this world will one day disappear as the Lord of creation makes all things new. https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/will-people-die-during-christs-millennial-reign/

Question: When Lazarus died, he went to "Abraham's bosom." He "lifted up his eyes," but his body was in the grave. The thief on the cross died and went to "Paradise" with Jesus "in the heart of the earth." Christians who die go to be with Christ in heaven but won't get glorified bodies until the resurrection. In the millennium, a child will die being 100 years old and will go...where? After the millennium, the New Jerusalem descends to earth. This is not for all believers but only the church. Can you sort this out?

Response:

Our spirits that separate from our bodies at death and go to be with Christ to await glorified bodies at the resurrection are not blind, deaf, and dumb until then. God, angels, Satan, and demons are all spirits and can see, think, hear, speak-and so can the human spirit, separated from its body, whether in heaven or in hell. "There is a natural [physical] body, and there is a spiritual body" (1 Cor:15:44
). Such was the condition of the rich man, (conscious, in torment, seeing, speaking). Lazarus and Abraham were in the place Christ called "paradise," where He, the believing thief, and Old Testament believers went upon death.

At His resurrection, our Lord emptied paradise and took its occupants to heaven. Since then, at death, believers' souls and spirits have gone directly to be with Christ in His Father's house of many mansions (Jn:14:2
). Souls and spirits of all those "who sleep in Jesus" [i.e., died in faith in Christ] are waiting in heaven for the resurrection of their bodies that will be transformed into His likeness at the Rapture.

To speak of a hundred-year-old as a "child" does not mean that person is immature physically or mentally but that to die at 100 during the Millennium would be like being cut off in childhood. Those dying that "young" must be wicked and taken instantly to hell to join the "rich man" and multitudes of others in torment.

Revelation 21 reveals the "new heaven and new earth" after the final judgment of the wicked (Rev:20:10-15
). They will then all be in the Lake of Fire, not intended for mankind but "prepared for the devil and his angels" (Mat:25:41
). Jews or Gentiles who believed on Christ, but not until they saw Him at the Second Coming, are not in the church but will dwell on earth eternally: in their natural bodies during the Millennium and in new bodies on the new earth with access to the new Jerusalem but not as its residents (Rev:21:24
). Jews saved at the Second Coming will eternally dwell in the promised land of Israel on the new earth (Gen:17:8
; 1 Chr:16:14-18
; Eze:32:21-28
; 39:27-29; Zec:12:10

Jews or Gentiles who believed on Christ before His visible appearing ("blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed" - Jn:20:29
are the bride, the church. They inhabit the new Jerusalem, are always with Christ, and have full access through Him to the throne of God in heaven.

This is how I "sort this out." But you Bereans must search the Scriptures daily to come to your own conclusions.TheBereancall.org

hope this helps !!!

As a side note I had a conversation with my nephew and sister with some far out far fetched views Sunday night which prompted me to start this thread. I text both of them and haven’t heard back. They are into a bunch of conspiracy theories and that it happened between 600ad and 1600 ad. It was crazy to say the least. One is a new “ believer” 2 years ago trying to teach me all about end times and the 1000 years and my sister a believer for 30 plus years letting my nephew influence her. It’s pretty scary that they believe Jesus returned. I let them know if the mill is past then no one can be saved now. It shocked them as they never thought about that before. :)

Sometimes Christians just want some new and exciting idea, I think.

That's pretty weird, though.
I notice that about Christian television a lot. The hosts seem to be always looking for someone who claims God has shown them a great new insight. They always seem to need a great interesting something where their audience will go WOW!

What's sad to me is it only seems to take one or a half of another scripture and they dream up some unusual way of thinking about things. In this post I won't get into it but it's usually a verse or two from the Old Testament and presto! A shining new doctrine! They don't stop to ask did Jesus in his ministry EVER really talk about such, or all the other Apostles as well? If not first sign to know you should run from it.

I notice that about Christian television a lot. The hosts seem to be always looking for someone who claims God has shown them a great new insight. They always seem to need a great interesting something where their audience will go WOW!

What's sad to me is it only seems to take one or a half of another scripture and they dream up some unusual way of thinking about things. In this post I won't get into it but it's usually a verse or two from the Old Testament and presto! A shining new doctrine! They don't stop to ask did Jesus in his ministry EVER really talk about such, or all the other Apostles as well? If not first sign to know you should run from it.

The last temptation of Christ would have been for Satan to offer him to be a TV televangelist.

Unfortunately, Satan almost always has that role these days. I could name names, but I think we all know who they are.

The last temptation of Christ would have been for Satan to offer him to be a TV televangelist.
Yeah sure there can be a problem with media ministers although not all of them.

What I'm particularly thinking about is Christian shows where they're always interviewing a guest. They need to be careful about looking for someone with a great new insight to appeal to an audience to keep them interested. They can become guilty of giving a platform for someone to dish out foolishness.

I'm certainly not opposed to Christians interview shows. I received the Lord in 76 while watching one. Just saying such ones need to be careful of who their guests are.

Yeah sure there can be a problem with media ministers although not all of them.

What I'm particularly thinking about is Christian shows where they're always interviewing a guest. They need to be careful about looking for someone with a great new insight to appeal to an audience to keep them interested. They can become guilty of giving a platform for someone to dish out foolishness.

I'm certainly not opposed to Christians interview shows. I received the Lord in 76 while watching one. Just saying such ones need to be careful of who their guests are.
1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1 John 4:1-3
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

We are warned not only from Jesus but Peter,Paul and John about false teachers that would arise among the flock of God. Here in this most important passage the apostle John lays out for us a way to know for sure if a “prophet or teacher” is of God or the spirit of antichrist. Remember there are only one of 2 spirits that any message being communicated about Jesus can be from, the first is the Spirit of God and the other is the spirit of antichrist. Believe it or not the apostle John gives us the tests to prove whether one speaks by the Spirit of God or antichrist regarding the person of Jesus. We need to ask ourselves what does it actually mean to confess Jesus has come in the flesh? This becomes the litmus test for the Christian or we can call it the lie detector test. We can hook someone up to the polygraph machine on this one and detect the truth from a lie, the Spirit of God verse the spirit of antichrist. Did you in order to spot a counterfeit, the agents in banks are not trained by studying fake $100 bills but the real ones? It is only in knowing the genuine articles that the fakes are easily spotted. Such is the case with the bible. Unless you know it, you will accept a fake and believe it is real. John lets us know in his epistle how to spot a counterfeit.

To confess- NT:3670

1. homologeo lit., "to speak the same thing" (homos, "same," lego, "to speak"), "to assent, accord, agree with," denotes, (a) "to confess, declare, admit,"(from Vine's Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words, Copyright © 1985, Thomas Nelson Publishers.)

To confess means to agree with, say the same thing or to admit what has been declared about Christ. What John is telling his readers is that they must agree with him what has been declared about Jesus. When we look at John writings we see that The Word was God and the Word became(a coming with an abiding effect)flesh. This is fundamental to the Christian faith the Incarnation. God became(permanently) man and dwelt among us. John makes that clear when he says that Jesus has come in the flesh.

Has come- this is in the perfect tense which means a past action with continuing results in the present. John is telling us at the time he penned these words that Jesus came in the flesh in the past and that He continues in the flesh in the present, well after His ascension to the Father. Christ took upon Himself flesh and this has become His permanent dwelling. This is a direct refutation of the Gnostic Cerinthus who taught that Christ only temporarily assumed a body.

So we can see from John here that anyone that does not agree the Jesus is both permanently God and man is the spirit of antichrist and this persons message is not from God. John is writing after the resurrection and is using perfect tense in Greek which denotes a past action with continuing results into the present, and continuing on through eternity. Christ came in the flesh, He rose from the dead in the flesh, Ascended into heaven in the flesh and is now 2000 years later still in the flesh. The same body that He was born and died with that still bare the marks of His crucifixion, He rose with from the grave. If one claims that Christ rose as a spirit being and not in His physical material body of flesh and bones, they are of the spirit of antichrist. As Paul declared in 1 Cor 15 if Christ is not risen from the dead you are still in your sins without hope. It’s the centerpiece of the gospel , the bodily Resurrection. One cannot deny the Deity of Jesus or His humanity. Those who deny any of these truths according to John do not have the Father, the Son or the Spirit.

1 John 4:2
By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

2 John 7
For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Erchomenon the present participle in 2 John 7

Greek Scholars, Grammarians, Theologians below

Alford
- the present tense is timeless(pg 274 RNTC on 2 John)

Brooke- the Incarnation is not only an event in history, it is an abiding truth(pg 274 RNTC on 2 John)

Stott- the two natures manhood and Godhood were united already at His birth, never to be divided. In 1 John 4:2 and here in 2 John 7 emphasizes this permanent union of the natures in the One Person ( TNTC pages 209-210) He who denies the Incarnation is not just a deceiver and an antichrist but “the deceiver and the antichrist”. There is in this heresy a double affront: it opposes Christ and deceives men.(stott TNCT page 210)

Marshall- the use of the present and perfect tenses becomes significant if the point is that Jesus Christ had come and still existed “in flesh”. For him(John) it was axiomatic that there had been a true Incarnation, that the word became flesh and remained flesh. It is a point that receives much stress in 1 John 2:18-28;4:1-6;5:5-8. (NICNT pages 70-71)

Smalley- the present tense emphasizes the permanent union of the human and Divine natures in Jesus. Gods self disclosure in Jesus took place at a particular moment in history , but it has continuing effects in the present and into the future(Word Biblical Commentary page 317)

Nicoll- the continuous manifestation of the Incarnate Christ(Expositors Greek Testament Volume 5 page 202)

Akin- Much has been made of the fact that John uses the present tense in this Christological confession. Literally the verse reads, “Jesus Christ coming in flesh.” “Coming” is a present active participle. This stands out in remarkable contrast to the affirmation of 1 John 4:2, where the text states that “Jesus Christ has [emphasis mine] come in the flesh.” There the perfect active participle is used. The key, it seems, is to discover what John is affirming. Here in 2 John the emphasis falls on the abiding reality of the incarnation. First John 4:2 teaches that the Christ, the Father’s Son (v. 3), has come in the flesh. Second John affirms that the wedding of deity and humanity has an abiding reality (cf. 1 Tim 2:5). The ontological and essential nature of the incarnation that would receive eloquent expression one thousand years later in the writing of St. Anselm (1033–1109) in his classic Cur Deus Homo is already present in seed form in the tiny and neglected letter of 2 John.

Lenski- In 1 John 4:2 we have ἐν σαρκὶ ἐληλυθότα, the perfect participle, “as having come in flesh” (incarnate, John 1:14); here we have ἐρχόμενον ἐν σαρκί, “as coming in flesh,” although the participle is present in form it is really timelessof Christ as "still being manifested." See the note at 1 John 3:5. In 1 John 4:2 we have the manifestation treated as a past fact by the perfect tense, ‎eleeluthota ‎"has come

Robertson- That Jesus Christ cometh in the flesh ‎Ieesoun ‎‎Christon ‎‎erchomenon ‎‎en ‎‎sarki‎. "Jesus Christ coming in the flesh." Present middle participle of ‎erchomai ‎treating the Incarnation as a continuing fact which the Docetic Gnostics flatly denied. In 1 John 4:2 we have ‎eleeluthota ‎(perfect active participle) in this same construction with ‎homologeoo‎, because there the reference is to the definite historical fact of the Incarnation.

Vincent- Is come ‎erchomenon‎. Wrong. The verb is in the present participle, "coming," which describes the manhood

hope this helps !!!

1 John 4:1-3
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.
Beloved (agapētoi). Three times in this chapter (1Jn_4:1, 1Jn_4:7, 1Jn_4:11) we have this tender address on love.

Believe not every spirit (mē panti pneumati pisteuete). “Stop believing,” as some were clearly carried away by the spirits of error rampant among them, both Docetic and Cerinthian Gnostics. Credulity means gullibility and some believers fall easy victims to the latest fads in spiritualistic humbuggery.

Prove the spirits (dokimazete ta pneumata). Put them to the acid test of truth as the metallurgist does his metals. If it stands the test like a coin, it is acceptable (dokimos, 2Co_10:18), otherwise it is rejected (adokimos, 1Co_9:27; 2Co_13:5-7).

Many false prophets (polloi pseudoprophētai). Jesus had warned people against them (Mat_7:15), even when they as false Christs work portents (Mat_24:11, Mat_24:24; Mar_13:22). It is an old story (Luk_6:26) and recurs again and again (Act_13:6; Rev_16:13; Rev_19:20; Rev_20:10) along with false teachers (2Pe_2:1).

Are gone out (exelēluthasin). Perfect active indicative of exerchomai. Cf. aorist in 1Jn_2:19. They are abroad always.
RWP.

Morphology: N-NMP
Noun - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's no.: G5578 (ψευδοπροφήτης)
Meaning: A false prophet; one who in God's name teaches what is false.

Morphology: V-RIA-3P
Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's no.: G1831 (ἐξέρχομαι, διεξέρχομαι, ἐκβαίνω)
Meaning: To go out, come out.

1) "Beloved, believe not every spirit " (Greek agapetoi) "beloved ones", an affectionate address to all ages of believers. (pisteuete) trust ye-(me) not. (Greek panti pneumati) (just) any or every spirit. John warns that some spirits should not (must not) be trusted. There are "seducing spirits", 1Ti_4:1.

2) "But try the spirits" (Alla) but, strong contrast - (Greek dokimozete) "test ye or prove ye," the spirits. Put the spirits on trial, on examination; Do they speak and cause men to act according to the revealed Word of God? If not they are to be rejected as emissaries, servants, agents of Satan. 1Ti_4:1-3; 2Ti_4:3-4; 2Co_11:13-15.

3) "Whether they are of God": Fallen, deranged, demon spirits - enemies of God, work through men - depraved men, to oppose God and Holiness. Note the maniac of Gadara, Mar_5:1-20; Mar_7:24-30, and deceptive miracle workers. Rev_16:13-14.

4) "Because many false prophets are gone out into the world." 1) Our Lord warned of "false" or lying prophets. Mat_7:15-23; Matthew 2) Paul did, 2Co_11:13-15; Act_20:27-31; Acts 3) Peter did, 2Pe_2:1-3; 2Pe_3:1-7. These false prophets have (Greek ekseleluthasin) "Gone out of their own accord -, or will". They were not (Greek stello) sent or authorized of the Lord.

GREEK TERMS FOR TESTING AND THEIR CONNOTATIONS

There are two Greek terms which have the connotation of testing someone for a purpose.

1. Dokimazō, Dokimion, Dokimasia

This term is a metalurgist term for testing the genuineness of something (i.e., metaphorically someone) by fire . The fire reveals the true metal and burns off (i.e., purifies) the dross. This physical process became a powerful idiom for God and/or Satan and/or humans testing others. This term is only used in a positive sense of testing with a view towards acceptance

It is used in the NT of testing

a. oxen – Luke 14:19

b. ourselves – 1 Cor. 11:28

c. our faith – James. 1:3

d. even God – Heb. 3:9

The outcomes of these tests were assumed to be positive (cf. Rom. 2:18; 14:22; 16:10; 2 Cor. 10:18; 13:3,7; Phil. 2:27; 1 Pet. 1:7), therefore, the term conveys the idea of someone examined and approved

a. to be worthwhile

b. to be good

c. to be genuine

d. to be valuable

e. to be honored

2. Peirazō, Peirasmus-however-

This term often has the connotation of examination for the purpose of fault finding or rejection. It is used in connection to Jesus' temptation in the wilderness.

a. It conveys the attempt to trap Jesus (cf. Matt. 4:1; 16:1; 19:3; 22:18, 35; Mark 1:13; Luke 4:2; Heb. 2:18).

b. This term (peirazōn) is used as a title for Satan in Matt. 4:3; 1 Thess. 3:5 (i.e., "the tempter").

c. Usage

(1) It was used by Jesus warning humans not to test God (cf. Matt. 4:7; Luke 4:12, [or Christ cf. 1 Cor 10:9]).

(2) It also denotes the attempt to do something that has failed (cf. Heb.11:29).

(3) It is used in connection with the temptation and trials of believers (cf. 1 Cor. 7:5; 10:9, 13; Gal. 6:1; 1 Thess. 3:5; Heb. 2:18; James. 1:2, 13, 14; 1 Pet. 4:12; 2 Pet 2:9).

Don't have a Logos software-but Robertson and Vincent sure helps in the understanding of Scripture.

Beloved (agapētoi). Three times in this chapter (1Jn_4:1, 1Jn_4:7, 1Jn_4:11) we have this tender address on love.

Believe not every spirit (mē panti pneumati pisteuete). “Stop believing,” as some were clearly carried away by the spirits of error rampant among them, both Docetic and Cerinthian Gnostics. Credulity means gullibility and some believers fall easy victims to the latest fads in spiritualistic humbuggery.

Prove the spirits (dokimazete ta pneumata). Put them to the acid test of truth as the metallurgist does his metals. If it stands the test like a coin, it is acceptable (dokimos, 2Co_10:18), otherwise it is rejected (adokimos, 1Co_9:27; 2Co_13:5-7).

Many false prophets (polloi pseudoprophētai). Jesus had warned people against them (Mat_7:15), even when they as false Christs work portents (Mat_24:11, Mat_24:24; Mar_13:22). It is an old story (Luk_6:26) and recurs again and again (Act_13:6; Rev_16:13; Rev_19:20; Rev_20:10) along with false teachers (2Pe_2:1).

Are gone out (exelēluthasin). Perfect active indicative of exerchomai. Cf. aorist in 1Jn_2:19. They are abroad always.
RWP.

Morphology: N-NMP
Noun - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's no.: G5578 (ψευδοπροφήτης)
Meaning: A false prophet; one who in God's name teaches what is false.

Morphology: V-RIA-3P
Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's no.: G1831 (ἐξέρχομαι, διεξέρχομαι, ἐκβαίνω)
Meaning: To go out, come out.

1) "Beloved, believe not every spirit " (Greek agapetoi) "beloved ones", an affectionate address to all ages of believers. (pisteuete) trust ye-(me) not. (Greek panti pneumati) (just) any or every spirit. John warns that some spirits should not (must not) be trusted. There are "seducing spirits", 1Ti_4:1.

2) "But try the spirits" (Alla) but, strong contrast - (Greek dokimozete) "test ye or prove ye," the spirits. Put the spirits on trial, on examination; Do they speak and cause men to act according to the revealed Word of God? If not they are to be rejected as emissaries, servants, agents of Satan. 1Ti_4:1-3; 2Ti_4:3-4; 2Co_11:13-15.

3) "Whether they are of God": Fallen, deranged, demon spirits - enemies of God, work through men - depraved men, to oppose God and Holiness. Note the maniac of Gadara, Mar_5:1-20; Mar_7:24-30, and deceptive miracle workers. Rev_16:13-14.

4) "Because many false prophets are gone out into the world." 1) Our Lord warned of "false" or lying prophets. Mat_7:15-23; Matthew 2) Paul did, 2Co_11:13-15; Act_20:27-31; Acts 3) Peter did, 2Pe_2:1-3; 2Pe_3:1-7. These false prophets have (Greek ekseleluthasin) "Gone out of their own accord -, or will". They were not (Greek stello) sent or authorized of the Lord.

GREEK TERMS FOR TESTING AND THEIR CONNOTATIONS

There are two Greek terms which have the connotation of testing someone for a purpose.

1. Dokimazō, Dokimion, Dokimasia

This term is a metalurgist term for testing the genuineness of something (i.e., metaphorically someone) by fire . The fire reveals the true metal and burns off (i.e., purifies) the dross. This physical process became a powerful idiom for God and/or Satan and/or humans testing others. This term is only used in a positive sense of testing with a view towards acceptance

It is used in the NT of testing

a. oxen – Luke 14:19

b. ourselves – 1 Cor. 11:28

c. our faith – James. 1:3

d. even God – Heb. 3:9

The outcomes of these tests were assumed to be positive (cf. Rom. 2:18; 14:22; 16:10; 2 Cor. 10:18; 13:3,7; Phil. 2:27; 1 Pet. 1:7), therefore, the term conveys the idea of someone examined and approved

a. to be worthwhile

b. to be good

c. to be genuine

d. to be valuable

e. to be honored

2. Peirazō, Peirasmus-however-

This term often has the connotation of examination for the purpose of fault finding or rejection. It is used in connection to Jesus' temptation in the wilderness.

a. It conveys the attempt to trap Jesus (cf. Matt. 4:1; 16:1; 19:3; 22:18, 35; Mark 1:13; Luke 4:2; Heb. 2:18).

b. This term (peirazōn) is used as a title for Satan in Matt. 4:3; 1 Thess. 3:5 (i.e., "the tempter").

c. Usage

(1) It was used by Jesus warning humans not to test God (cf. Matt. 4:7; Luke 4:12, [or Christ cf. 1 Cor 10:9]).

(2) It also denotes the attempt to do something that has failed (cf. Heb.11:29).

(3) It is used in connection with the temptation and trials of believers (cf. 1 Cor. 7:5; 10:9, 13; Gal. 6:1; 1 Thess. 3:5; Heb. 2:18; James. 1:2, 13, 14; 1 Pet. 4:12; 2 Pet 2:9).

Don't have a Logos software-but Robertson and Vincent sure helps in the understanding of Scripture.

I'm on my son in laws logos program the diamond package with every option available. He was able as a student at Liberty University to get an extra special deal for pennies on the dollar. So I'm on his account. Lucky me as I could not ever afford such an exhaustive library.

I'm on my son in laws logos program the diamond package with every option available. He was able as a student at Liberty University to get an extra special deal for pennies on the dollar. So I'm on his account. Lucky me as I could not ever afford such an exhaustive library.
Count your blessings brother-I can't afford a program like that. Maybe-Lord willing-I will be blessed with such a tool from someone not needing it.

Count your blessings brother-I can't afford a program like that. Maybe-Lord willing-I will be blessed with such a tool from someone not needing it.
I still like using my one touch library from biblesoft who went out of business during the pandemic. I learned on that on years ago ( 30 plus ) when it was known as PC Study Bible. I started using it in the early 90's.

I still like using my one touch library from biblesoft who went out of business during the pandemic. I learned on that on years ago ( 30 plus ) when it was known as PC Study Bible. I started using it in the early 90's.
I have my trusty ol' e sword and there was a good friend of mine who helped me with two paid modules from his account.
Other than that I can just "drool" over Bible programs with paid modules as I am more interested in the morphologies and syntax and hermeneutical and exegetical studies.
Shalom.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom