The Lord Jesus affirmed He is God by teaching He is the proper recipient of prayer

Here is more proof the Lord Jesus taught He is the proper recipient of prayer.

Acts 9:13-15
(13) Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much harm he hath done to Thy saints at Jerusalem:
(14) And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Thy Name.
(15) But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto Me, to bear My Name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel.
1 Corinthians 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call upon the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their's and our's.
2 Timothy 2:21-22
(21) If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honor, sanctified, and useful for the Master, and prepared unto every good work.
(22) Flee also youthful lusts: but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.

Being a chosen vessel to the Lord Jesus (Acts 9:15; 2 Timothy 2:21) links with praying to the Lord Jesus from a pure heart (Acts 9:14; 1 Corinthians 1:2; 2 Timothy 2:22).
Those praying to the Lord Jesus are saints (Acts 9:13; 1 Corinthians 1:2) in that they are sanctified in/to their Master (1 Corinthians 1:2; 2 Timothy 2:21).

Thus, when the Lord Jesus referred to Paul as His chosen vessel demonstrates the Lord Jesus affirmed His Name is to be called upon (= prayed to) in that He is YHWH.

Note also the following:
Acts 26:18
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the dominion of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.

The speaker above is the Lord Jesus. What He said to Paul links with calling upon the Name of the Lord (= praying to the Lord) in reference to Jesus in 1 Corinthians 1:2 (cf. 2 Timothy 2:21-22) - both books written by Paul.

Last edited:
Being a chosen vessel to the Lord Jesus (Acts 9:15; 2 Timothy 2:21) links with praying to the Lord Jesus from a pure heart (Acts 9:14; 1 Corinthians 1:2; 2 Timothy 2:22).
Those praying to the Lord Jesus are saints (Acts 9:13; 1 Corinthians 1:2) in that they are sanctified in/to their Master (1 Corinthians 1:2; 2 Timothy 2:21).

Thus, when the Lord Jesus referred to Paul as His chosen vessel demonstrates the Lord Jesus affirmed His Name is to be called upon (= prayed to) in that He is YHWH.
so that makes JESUS the Father.... correct?

101G.

Nope,

I am looking forward to seeing that debate with yourself.
LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh my. when truth is right in front of your faces, you deny it. the scriptures are correct, Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

Fred, Fred, Fred, listen to what you said,
Fred said:

yes, it was the Lord Jesus who chose Paul, then Saul. but did you not hear what our brother Ananias said? listen carefully. Acts 22:12 "And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there," Acts 22:13 "Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him." Acts 22:14 "And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth."
yes it was the Lord JESUS, the God of our fathers who chose Paul. and the GOD OF OUR fathers IS THE "LORD".... (smile) ,,,, lol, lol, lol, see Fred you're doomed in not following the truth of God. yes it was the Lord Jesus who chose Paul, and yet you believe not the scriptures. yes, JESUS is the Father YHWH.

you say you believe, but do U? Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." ............. but he that believeth not shall be damned but he that believeth not shall be damned.

good luck...... :unsure:

101G.

GINOLJC, To all,
People Listen. there are three accounts to the conversion of the apostle Paul, then name Saul. and in these three accounts, one can understand that the Lord Jesus is the YHWH the God of the OT.
Account #1. is in Acts chapter 9, when Paul was headed to Damascus to lock up Christians. the second account of the same event occurs in Acts 22:12 where we learn that the "God of our fathers chose Paul. "And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there," Acts 22:13 "Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him." Acts 22:14 "And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth."
THE "GOD OF OUR fathers IS THE LORD", CORRECT. AND NOW, THE THIRD ACCOUNT TELL US WHO THIS GOD OF OUR fathers IS BY NAME.
Account #3. Paul is now before king Agrippa before going to Rome, Listen to the scriptures. Acts 26:12 "Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests," Acts 26:13 "At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me." Acts 26:14 "And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks." Acts 26:15 "And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest." Acts 26:16 "But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;" that Greek term "make" here is
G4400 προχειρίζομαι procheirizomai (pro-chei-riy'-zo-mai) v.
1. to handle for oneself in advance.
2. (figuratively) to purpose.
[middle voice from G4253 and a derivative of G5495]
KJV: choose, make

this is the same word used by our brother Ananias when he said? listen carefully. Acts 22:12 "And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there," Acts 22:13 "Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him." Acts 22:14 "And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
that term "chosen" in Acts 26 is the same word used in Acts chapter 26 "to MAKE" and is used in both places. it closes the case on the Lord Jesus being the "LORD", the God of our fathers.... yes YHWH the OT God.

101G.

GINOLJC, To all,
People Listen. there are three accounts to the conversion of the apostle Paul, then name Saul. and in these three accounts, one can understand that the Lord Jesus is the YHWH the God of the OT.
Account #1. is in Acts chapter 9, when Paul was headed to Damascus to lock up Christians. the second account of the same event occurs in Acts 22:12 where we learn that the "God of our fathers chose Paul. "And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there," Acts 22:13 "Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him." Acts 22:14 "And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth."
THE "GOD OF OUR fathers IS THE LORD", CORRECT. AND NOW, THE THIRD ACCOUNT TELL US WHO THIS GOD OF OUR fathers IS BY NAME.
Account #3. Paul is now before king Agrippa before going to Rome, Listen to the scriptures. Acts 26:12 "Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests," Acts 26:13 "At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me." Acts 26:14 "And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks." Acts 26:15 "And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest." Acts 26:16 "But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;" that Greek term "make" here is
G4400 προχειρίζομαι procheirizomai (pro-chei-riy'-zo-mai) v.
1. to handle for oneself in advance.
2. (figuratively) to purpose.
[middle voice from G4253 and a derivative of G5495]
KJV: choose, make

this is the same word used by our brother Ananias when he said? listen carefully. Acts 22:12 "And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there," Acts 22:13 "Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him." Acts 22:14 "And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
that term "chosen" in Acts 26 is the same word used in Acts chapter 26 "to MAKE" and is used in both places. it closes the case on the Lord Jesus being the "LORD", the God of our fathers.... yes YHWH the OT God.

101G.
no thats silly- no more than I'm my father. I'm my Fathers, son. I'm not my father.
read above.

Back
Top Bottom