The Blood of the Covenant

jeremiah1five

The animal sacrifice was offered to atone for the sins of God's people, the children of Israel.

6 And Moses took half of the blood, and put it in basons; and half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar.
7 And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.
8 And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words. Exodus 24:5–8.

This Mosaic Covenant is made between Jehovah God and the children of Israel.

For whom did Christ die?

As the animal sacrifice was used of God to atone for the sins of the children of Israel, so, too, did the Messiah, the Christ die for the sins of the children of Israel. God has made no blood covenant with non-Hebrew Gentiles. As the example of the people to follow, God commands the children of Israel make no covenant with non-Hebrew Gentiles. In effect God is saying "do as I do."

32 Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods. Exodus 23:32.

Why is it that non-Hebrew Gentiles who claim to be born-again and Christ-followers do not teach this truth? Because it defeats their purpose of inheritance theft of the three Hebrew covenants (Abrahamic, Mosaic, and New Covenants) the promises under these covenants, and the blessings of God given to the children of Israel through these covenants and later through the prophecies by prophets God sends to the children of Israel in their history. The Hebrew bible consisting of the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets, from Genesis to Malachi are the true Scriptures detailing the beginning of all things, the history of the Hebrew people and the dealing and interaction of God to this people as well as everything God has given in their past and everything God has promised to their future as His people, His Bride, His Church and His saints. And let's be honest here. Gentiles who put together what has become known as the New Testament are merely writings by Jewish Christians to and for other Jews and Jewish Christian and their discussion in explaining the New Covenant era the children of Israel found themselves in with the advent of both their Promised Redeemer and their Promised Holy Spirit of God who in the Third Person leads, guides, teaches, and commands the children of Israel from the day of His advent on the Feast of Harvest (Pentecost) even to today.

Can we aptly call these writings of Jewish Christians from Matthew to Revelation a Gentile bible? No, we cannot for there is no such thing. But we can aptly call these writings a Hebrew bible for it documents the continued history, culture, people and acts as well as events that take place among the children of Israel including the coming of Israel's Kinsman-Redeemer, Savior, Lord, and King, Jesus Christ the King of the Jews. And if King of the Jews He cannot be the king of the Gentiles for again, there is no such thing as a Gentile covenant between God and non-Hebrew Gentiles as there is a covenant between God and the people known in the past as the Hebrew people and today as the nation and children of Israel.

The blood covenant no doubt is according to Scripture between Jehovah God and the children of Israel and the New Covenant, also a blood covenant is merely the Mosaic Covenant fulfilled by Israel's Promised Redeemer, Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God and the eternal sin-offering for the sins of the children of Israel in covenant with God.

6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
8 But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.
9 Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;
Deuteronomy 7:6–9.

A thousand generations have not yet occurred or expired. Jehovah God still has many promises yet to fulfill to this holy people, to this special people above all people that are on the face of the earth, and while Israel slumbers and is blinded, Jesus Christ has left to go prepare a place so that where He is there, also, shall be the Chosen people of God, a people known as the children of Israel.

The blood of the Covenant is between Jehovah God and the children of Israel who came out of Egyptian bondage and was gathered by Moses at Mount Sinai. There are no non-Hebrew Gentiles in this or any other covenant between Jehovah God and Abram the Hebrew and his seed.

The animal sacrifice was offered to atone for the sins of God's people, the children of Israel.
This Mosaic Covenant is made between Jehovah God and the children of Israel.
Glad you said that,
Isaiah 1:1 "The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah." Isaiah 1:2 "Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me." Isaiah 1:3 "The ox knoweth his owner, and the *** his master's crib: but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider." Isaiah 1:4 "Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward." Isaiah 1:5 "Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint." Isaiah 1:6 "From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment." Isaiah 1:7 "Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers." Isaiah 1:8 "And the daughter of Zion is left as a cottage in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged city." Isaiah 1:9 "Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah." Isaiah 1:10 "Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah." Isaiah 1:11 "To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats." Isaiah 1:12 "When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?" Isaiah 1:13 "Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting." Isaiah 1:14 "Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them." Isaiah 1:15 "And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood." Isaiah 1:16 "Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;" Isaiah 1:17 "Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow." Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Isaiah 1:19 "If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:" Isaiah 1:20 "But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it." Isaiah 1:21 "How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers." (THE WHORE OF BABLYON). Isaiah 1:22 "Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water:" Isaiah 1:23 "Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them." Isaiah 1:24 "Therefore saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:" Isaiah 1:25 "And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:" Isaiah 1:26 "And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city." Isaiah 1:27 "Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness." Isaiah 1:28 "And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed." Isaiah 1:29 "For they shall be ashamed of the oaks which ye have desired, and ye shall be confounded for the gardens that ye have chosen." Isaiah 1:30 "For ye shall be as an oak whose leaf fadeth, and as a garden that hath no water." Isaiah 1:31 "And the strong shall be as tow, and the maker of it as a spark, and they shall both burn together, and none shall quench them."

101G.

Glad you said that,
Isaiah 1:1 "The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah." Isaiah 1:2 "Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me." Isaiah 1:3 "The ox knoweth his owner, and the *** his master's crib: but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider." Isaiah 1:4 "Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward." Isaiah 1:5 "Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint." Isaiah 1:6 "From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment." Isaiah 1:7 "Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers." Isaiah 1:8 "And the daughter of Zion is left as a cottage in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged city." Isaiah 1:9 "Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah." Isaiah 1:10 "Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah." Isaiah 1:11 "To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats." Isaiah 1:12 "When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?" Isaiah 1:13 "Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting." Isaiah 1:14 "Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them." Isaiah 1:15 "And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood." Isaiah 1:16 "Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;" Isaiah 1:17 "Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow." Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Isaiah 1:19 "If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:" Isaiah 1:20 "But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it." Isaiah 1:21 "How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers." (THE WHORE OF BABLYON). Isaiah 1:22 "Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water:" Isaiah 1:23 "Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them." Isaiah 1:24 "Therefore saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:" Isaiah 1:25 "And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:" Isaiah 1:26 "And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city." Isaiah 1:27 "Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness." Isaiah 1:28 "And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed." Isaiah 1:29 "For they shall be ashamed of the oaks which ye have desired, and ye shall be confounded for the gardens that ye have chosen." Isaiah 1:30 "For ye shall be as an oak whose leaf fadeth, and as a garden that hath no water." Isaiah 1:31 "And the strong shall be as tow, and the maker of it as a spark, and they shall both burn together, and none shall quench them."

101G.
Thanks for the Scripture. I love the Word of God.

'And He took the cup, and gave thanks,
and gave it to them, saying, "Drink ye all of it;
For this is My blood of the new testament
(covenant),
which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
But I say unto you,
I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine,
until that day when I drink it new with you
in My Father's kingdom.'

(Mat 26:27-29 - Mar14:24-25 - Luke 22:20)

'And He took the cup, and gave thanks,
and gave it to them, saying, "Drink ye all of it;
For this is My blood of the new testament
(covenant),
which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
But I say unto you,
I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine,
until that day when I drink it new with you
in My Father's kingdom.'

(Mat 26:27-29 - Mar14:24-25 - Luke 22:20)
If the animal sacrifices commanded by God upon the children of Israel were done yearly to atone for the sins of the children of Israel, and Jesus Christ was sent by God as the Lamb of God and Jesus did what no man could do, and that is to obey the Law of Moses perfectly, and that as the Paschal lamb sent by God, Jesus fulfilled the Law meaning He fulfilled the role of the sacrificial animal and did so to atone for the sins of the children of Israel, finally, and eternally. Any change in the Law would destroy the Law and so there was no change in the Law and the Law was unbroken. Christ fulfilled the Law and as the sacrificial lamb of God was sacrificed in the place of the animal which was sacrificed to atone for the sins of the children of Israel.

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. Gal. 4:4–5.

There is no clearer statement describing the scope of the atonement of God to and for the children of Israel under the Law.

If the animal sacrifices commanded by God upon the children of Israel were done yearly to atone for the sins of the children of Israel, and Jesus Christ was sent by God as the Lamb of God and Jesus did what no man could do, and that is to obey the Law of Moses perfectly, and that as the Paschal lamb sent by God, Jesus fulfilled the Law meaning He fulfilled the role of the sacrificial animal and did so to atone for the sins of the children of Israel, finally, and eternally. Any change in the Law would destroy the Law and so there was no change in the Law and the Law was unbroken. Christ fulfilled the Law and as the sacrificial lamb of God was sacrificed in the place of the animal which was sacrificed to atone for the sins of the children of Israel.

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. Gal. 4:4–5.

There is no clearer statement describing the scope of the atonement of God to and for the children of Israel under the Law.

There are so many things wrong about your view......

1. Jesus defending his disciples for breaking the Sabbath. Have you ever heard of a "Sabbath day's journey"? Was such against the law?

2. If the law was perfected in Christ, the way you require, then there would be no need to bow the knee to Jesus Christ.

3. How is someone required to keep the Paschal feast and yet BE the Paschal Lamb? Christ is the Atonement... You need to really think about these issues you have. Jesus lifted his cup and said "this is my blood, shed for you". Jesus didn't take the blood of a lamb and use it in accordance with the Paschal feast....

Thusly BREAKING THE LAW.............

The Paschal Seder was not observed properly. Jesus told bread and said "this is my body" that is broken for you....

There so many things you're overlooking. As a Gentile, you don't really know the traditions and the requirements of the law.

I could go on and on and on. Tell you what. Embrace debate some "Jews" that reject Christ and find out.

the change in the Levitical priesthood made it (THE LAW) obsolete. Hebrews 7:11 "If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?" Hebrews 7:12 "For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law."

101G.

The scope of the atonement is seen here

1 Timothy 2:4–6
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Romans 5:18
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Isaiah 53:6
All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned every one to his own way; And the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
1 Timothy 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
John 6:51
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
2 Corinthians 5:14–15
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Exported from Logos Bible Study, 6:27 PM September 13, 2024.

There are so many things wrong about your view......
1. Jesus defending his disciples for breaking the Sabbath. Have you ever heard of a "Sabbath day's journey"? Was such against the law?
Now, are you referring to the traditions of the elders or are you referring to the Scripture?
2. If the law was perfected in Christ, the way you require, then there would be no need to bow the knee to Jesus Christ.
The Law was fulfilled by Christ and the Law was also nailed to His cross. When He resurrected the Law resurrected with Him and when the Jews became born-again, natural Olive Tree Israel became spiritual Olive tree Israel and as a spiritual person the Law which is spiritual was put in their inward parts no longer with power to kill but instead as type and shadow of the Holy Spirit the believer is able to obey the Law from within which at one time was without written on stone. The Jews that became born-again was accepted by God as also having fulfilled every line and precept of the Law and finds their justification in this ability just as Christ fulfilled the Law in His ability as the Son of God. Even Saul understood this. He also, after being born-again continued to be obedient to the Law and did this by obeying the Law that was put in his inward part as the New Covenant described.

20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: Acts 21:20.

and of Saul:

24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law. Acts 21:24.

After about twenty years when these words were spoken thousands and thousands of Jews had become born-again and were now as spiritual persons in the majority and able to keep the Law because in the New Covenant having the Law put in their inward parts was one of the "details" of the New Covenant.
3. How is someone required to keep the Paschal feast and yet BE the Paschal Lamb? Christ is the Atonement... You need to really think about these issues you have. Jesus lifted his cup and said "this is my blood, shed for you". Jesus didn't take the blood of a lamb and use it in accordance with the Paschal feast....
Christ was God's substitute for the animal being sacrificed. While Jews sacrificed the lamb God Himself was sacrificing His Son for the sins of the children of Israel. The covenant Jesus instituted at this Passover before His death was both body and blood "given for you" (meaning the twelve disciples who represented the twelve tribes at this observance before Jesus went to the cross.)

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
Jn 17:1–2.

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. Jn 17:6.

That's an incredible thing to say of the twelve disciples, that they "have kept thy Word" (including Judas.)
And here's another incredible statement by Jesus:

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. Jn 17:8–9.

And the reason Jesus did not pray for the world of non-Hebrew Gentiles is right here:

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. Jn 14:16–17.

The scope of Jesus sacrifice is to and for the children of Israel ONLY.
Jesus doesn't pray for non-Hebrew Gentiles (the world.)
Jesus died for the children of Israel ONLY.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. Jn 17:19–21.

Peter says the same thing to the twelve tribes in the crowd after their experience with the Holy Spirit of Promise in Acts 2:

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. Acts 2:38–39.

Jesus came to "save His people from their sins" as spoken by the angel named Gabriel to Mary:

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Mt 1:21.

And there you have the good news given to and for the children of Israel in covenant with God.
Jesus as High Priest is doing what the high priest does and that is, to pray for the people of God in covenant and offer sacrifice to and for the people of God in covenant and Jesus is doing both right here and now as written in Scripture.
Jesus as High Priest DOES NOT PRAY FOR THE WORLD (of non-Hebrew Gentiles.)
Jesus does not sacrifice Himself for non-Hebrew Gentiles.
Non-Hebrew Gentiles are NOT promised the Holy Spirit of Promise promised to the children of Israel, and,
the reason is because non-Hebrew Gentiles cannot receive the Spirit of Truth about to appear to indwell God's chosen covenant people of God.
THIS is the good news given to the children of Israel.
And later, because there are Jews living throughout Gentile lands Jesus sends out His disciples to herald to them the things that lately had occurred in Jerusalem that they knew nothing about but once the disciples make good on their command to go to these Jews living in Gentile lands with the message of their Messiah's arrival and what He did for them, and that is He came to "save His people from their sins."
And THAT is the good news (gospel) to and for the children of Israel in covenant with God.
There is no atonement for non-Hebrew Gentiles. None at all.
Thusly BREAKING THE LAW.............
The Paschal Seder was not observed properly. Jesus told bread and said "this is my body" that is broken for you....
There so many things you're overlooking. As a Gentile, you don't really know the traditions and the requirements of the law.
I could go on and on and on. Tell you what. Embrace debate some "Jews" that reject Christ and find out.
The Holy Spirit was Promised to the children of Israel.
I am born-again and the Holy Spirit dwells in me.
Conclusion: there must be a Hebrew parent somewhere in my family ancestry because the promises of God were given to the Hebrew people who are the seed of Abraham, and NOT to non-Hebrew Gentiles.

the change in the Levitical priesthood made it (THE LAW) obsolete. Hebrews 7:11 "If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?" Hebrews 7:12 "For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law."

101G.
Is that why Peter says the Hebrew Scripture (the Law, Psalms, and the Prophets) are alive and abide forever?

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
1 Pe 1:23–25.

You see, it was the Hebrew Scripture which revealed the good news (gospel) to Israel and no one could be saved without it and which revealed to God's true people exactly how to live a righteous life. Without the Hebrew Scripture of the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets - you know, those sermons you hear on a typical Sunday morning instructing Christians how to live a life pleasing to God - were given of God because they teach His people how to live life pleasing to Him.
If you think the Hebrew Scripture is obsolete then upon what instruction are you living your life? Not on the Word of God but upon your own leaning on your own understanding in the vanity of you mind, making your own decisions of what to do and say in your life because it is NOT based on the Word of God according to what you just said about God's Word is obsolete. Think about that for a second. God's eternal word according to YOU is obsolete. Both Peter and Saul disagree with you (among others.)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable
for doctrine,
for reproof,
for correction,
for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God (or woman) may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Ti 3:15–17.

Saul is writing about the Old Testament which contains the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets. If the Scripture is obsolete to you then you have no biblical doctrine, no reproof, no correction and no instruction in righteousness by which you would live a righteous life before the God of the Bible, the same Bible you say is obsolete.

Too bad you have no basis or foundation for your faith. They call your way of life antinomian (against/without law.)

The scope of the atonement is seen here

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned every one to his own way; And the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Exported from Logos Bible Study, 6:27 PM September 13, 2024.
Really? Either the Scripture writers contradict themselves and there's no unity in their doctrine or your interpretation is in error.

The world of non-Hebrew Gentiles cannot receive the Spirit of Truth in which to be saved (born-again)

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Jn 14:16–17.

And one needs the Spirit of Truth to be saved. And this is what Jesus as High Priest says before He offered Himself as substitute as the Lamb of God. Pay attention:

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. Jn 17:8–9.

The "world" being non-Hebrew Gentiles. As High Priest the time to pray for a people to be saved and redeemed in right here and now mere hours before Jesus Christ goes to the cross of salvation. But the world of non-Hebrew Gentiles do not have atonement given to them because Jesus did not pray for them nor can they receive the Spirit of Truth which is NECESSARY to be saved.

This is why this statement by Saul is true, because Jesus Christ as High Priest did two things which the high priest under the Law is commanded of God to do, and that is, to pray for the people of God in covenant and to offer sacrifices for the people of God in covenant. And Jesus did both as High Priest.

Do you want to know who Jesus Christ came to save? He came to save "His people the children of Israel" ONLY.

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

And who are "His people"? Why, it's the Jews (children of Israel)

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.
8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
Jn 17:6–10.

The world of non-Hebrew Gentiles are without a prayer and cannot receive the Spirit of Truth in which to be saved because they do not know Him nor can they receive Him which is necessary for salvation. Jesus Christ by His own admission came to redeem and save "His people" who are those the Father has given to Him OUT OF THE WORLD (of non-Hebrew Gentiles.)

The sad thing is that you will not believe what Jesus said, what the angel Gabriel said, what Saul said, and what Peter said in order to hold to false beliefs that contradict the Word of God in the passages I have provided to 'check' your heresy.
Now, as a non-Hebrew Gentile who does not have the Holy Spirit of Truth what do you say to Jesus?

Really? Either the Scripture writers contradict themselves and there's no unity in their doctrine or your interpretation is in error.

The world of non-Hebrew Gentiles cannot receive the Spirit of Truth in which to be saved (born-again)

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Jn 14:16–17.

And one needs the Spirit of Truth to be saved. And this is what Jesus as High Priest says before He offered Himself as substitute as the Lamb of God. Pay attention:

The "world" being non-Hebrew Gentiles. As High Priest the time to pray for a people to be saved and redeemed in right here and now mere hours before Jesus Christ goes to the cross of salvation. But the world of non-Hebrew Gentiles do not have atonement given to them because Jesus did not pray for them nor can they receive the Spirit of Truth which is NECESSARY to be saved.

This is why this statement by Saul is true, because Jesus Christ as High Priest did two things which the high priest under the Law is commanded of God to do, and that is, to pray for the people of God in covenant and to offer sacrifices for the people of God in covenant. And Jesus did both as High Priest.

Do you want to know who Jesus Christ came to save? He came to save "His people the children of Israel" ONLY.

And who are "His people"? Why, it's the Jews (children of Israel)

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.
8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
Jn 17:6–10.

The world of non-Hebrew Gentiles are without a prayer and cannot receive the Spirit of Truth in which to be saved because they do not know Him nor can they receive Him which is necessary for salvation. Jesus Christ by His own admission came to redeem and save "His people" who are those the Father has given to Him OUT OF THE WORLD (of non-Hebrew Gentiles.)

The sad thing is that you will not believe what Jesus said, what the angel Gabriel said, what Saul said, and what Peter said in order to hold to false beliefs that contradict the Word of God in the passages I have provided to 'check' your heresy.
Now, as a non-Hebrew Gentile who does not have the Holy Spirit of Truth what do you say to Jesus?
First of all you addressed not one verse

Second the world refers to those opposed to God whether gentile or Jew

third you are scripturally ignorant of the New Covenant

Galatians 3:14 (KJV 1900) — 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Gentiles receive the spirit

Acts 10:44–47 (UASV) — 44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all who heard the word. 45 All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46 For they were hearing them speaking with tongues and magnifying God. Then Peter answered, 47 “Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?”

Four Jesus does pray for the world here

John 17:21 (UASV) — 21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Is that why Peter says the Hebrew Scripture (the Law, Psalms, and the Prophets) are alive and abide forever?
And, the LAW, not the righteous. 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers," 1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

you didn't KNOW THAT .... DID YOU?
as for the Psalms and the prophets, Romans 15:4 "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."

so, try again.

but to help you out .... read Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" .... (smile).... YIKES! ..... (y)

101G.

The Law was fulfilled by Christ and the Law was also nailed to His cross. When He resurrected the Law resurrected with Him

Funny. Did the cross follow Christ to Heaven in the Ascension?

That's an incredible thing to say of the twelve disciples, that they "have kept thy Word" (including Judas.)
And here's another incredible statement by Jesus:

And the reason Jesus did not pray for the world of non-Hebrew Gentiles is right here:

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. Jn 14:16–17.

The scope of Jesus sacrifice is to and for the children of Israel ONLY.
Jesus doesn't pray for non-Hebrew Gentiles (the world.)
Jesus died for the children of Israel ONLY.

Joh 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

Notice the context. They had believed that the Father had sent Christ. (kept thy word). The idea that keep everything God said is preposterous. Jesus called Peter "SATAN".... Judas conspired to have Christ arrested. I could go on and on with references that prove that you're misapplying the words you read.

First of all you addressed not one verse

Galatians 3:14 (KJV 1900) — 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Acts 10:44–47 (UASV) — 44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all who heard the word. 45 All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46 For they were hearing them speaking with tongues and magnifying God. Then Peter answered, 47 “Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?”

John 17:21 (UASV) — 21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
Look. You're missing the point. God has covenant with Abraham and his seed (Mosaic and New.)
Anyone that is descendant of Abraham is in his covenant and this includes anyone who is of mixed heritage. Any Gentile mentioned in the New Covenant have to be Abraham's seed because if they are non-Hebrew Gentiles and not the seed of Abraham then God is a liar. BUT God is NOT a liar. I believe what He said about Abraham's seed and non-Hebrew Gentiles are NOT Abraham's seed and NOT recipient of any of his blessings and this includes the blessing of salvation. In order for Christ to be a KINSMAN-Redeemer he or she would have to be kin. Hello? Gabriel said to Mary name her child Jesus for what?
BECAUSE HE WILL SAVE HIS PEOPLE - The Hebrews - FROM THEIR SINS. And that's what He did by being under the Law and being substitute for the animal sacrifice which under the Law was slain FOR THE SEED OF ABRAHAM. What is it about God's Word don't you understand??

And, the LAW, not the righteous. 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers," 1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

you didn't KNOW THAT .... DID YOU?
as for the Psalms and the prophets, Romans 15:4 "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."

so, try again.

but to help you out .... read Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" .... (smile).... YIKES! ..... (y)

101G.
If the Law was not made for a righteous man, then why did a Righteous man submit to it?

Look. You're missing the point. God has covenant with Abraham and his seed (Mosaic and New.)
Anyone that is descendant of Abraham is in his covenant and this includes anyone who is of mixed heritage. Any Gentile mentioned in the New Covenant have to be Abraham's seed because if they are non-Hebrew Gentiles and not the seed of Abraham then God is a liar. BUT God is NOT a liar. I believe what He said about Abraham's seed and non-Hebrew Gentiles are NOT Abraham's seed and NOT recipient of any of his blessings and this includes the blessing of salvation. In order for Christ to be a KINSMAN-Redeemer he or she would have to be kin. Hello? Gabriel said to Mary name her child Jesus for what?
BECAUSE HE WILL SAVE HIS PEOPLE - The Hebrews - FROM THEIR SINS. And that's what He did by being under the Law and being substitute for the animal sacrifice which under the Law was slain FOR THE SEED OF ABRAHAM. What is it about God's Word don't you understand??
What is missing is an address of the scriptures posted

If the Law was not made for a righteous man, then why did a Righteous man submit to it?
for this simple reason, Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

and since you and 101G and none of us cannot do, even with common sense do what God REQUIRE, he God, in flesh a righteous man did it for us.

101G.

for this simple reason, Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

and since you and 101G and none of us cannot do, even with common sense do what God REQUIRE, he God, in flesh a righteous man did it for us.

101G.
Yes

he God, in flesh a righteous man did it for us.

Hello @jeremiah1five,

Thank you for responding.

There is no doubt that the Lord Jesus Christ was The Lamb of God: nor for whom He died:-

'The next day
John seeth Jesus coming unto him,
and saith,
Behold the Lamb of God,
which taketh away
the sin of the world.'

(John 1:29)

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Back
Top Bottom