Revelation 1:1, and cross references to OT

SteveB

This is the very first cross reference between Revelation and the old testament.

Rev 1:1 The revelation of Yeshua the Messiah, which God gave Him to show to His servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending His angel to His servant John,

Dan 2:28-29;
Deut 15:16-17;
Rev 1:4,9;
Rev 21:2
Would that not be every prophecy in the OT concerning the Messiah? for is not the Messiah God himself in flesh. is not God a Spirit... per John 4:24a. and this same one Spirit is the Comforter. for the one who addressed the 7 churches is the Spirit. and each letter ends in hearing the Spirit. and is not the Lord Jesus the Lord God who sent his angel to John?

and was it not the Spirit of the Messiah, the Holy Spirit that prophesied of his coming/revelation? 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:" 1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow." well who was in the prophets? answer, the Lord Jesus, the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."
and the Holy Spirit is the Lord Jesus who is GOD.

101G.

This is the very first cross reference between Revelation and the old testament.

Rev 1:1 The revelation of Yeshua the Messiah, which God gave Him to show to His servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending His angel to His servant John,
yep it was to be revealed things which would soon take place

is not God here the OT God, who is Yeshua, the Lord Jesus without Flesh bone and blood. hence only one person here in verse 1.

101G.

is not God here the OT God, who is Yeshua, the Lord Jesus without Flesh bone and blood. hence only one person here in verse 1.

101G.
Two persons here

Two persons here

are you sure? question, "Who sent his angel to John?" the one whom YOU calls the Father or the Son? your answer please. but note.... before you answer, read Revelation 22:6. for the angel who was sent clearly states who sent him. now your answer please.

101G.

Two persons here

are you sure? question, "Who sent his angel to John?" the one whom YOU calls the Father or the Son? your answer please. but note.... before you answer, read Revelation 22:6. for the angel who was sent clearly states who sent him. now your answer please.

101G.
Positive

Two persons here

Rev 1:1 The revelation of Yeshua the Messiah (1), which God gave Him (2) to show to His servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending His angel to His servant John,

101G.
YHVH is the God described in both the old and new testaments.
Same God.
As we read in John 1, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 20, Colossians 1, Ephesians 3, Hebrews 1, and Revelation, Jesus is YHVH the Son.

101G.
Two persons here

Rev 1:1 The revelation of Yeshua the Messiah (1), which God gave Him (2) to show to His servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending His angel to His servant John,

YHVH is the God described in both the old and new testaments.
Same God.
As we read in John 1, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 20, Colossians 1, Ephesians 3, Hebrews 1, and Revelation, Jesus is YHVH the Son.
once again, the Father is the Son in NOW GLORIFIED FLESH. for the ONE who sent his angel to John is the Lord Jesus, the God of the OT Prophets. here it is. THE ANGEL IS SPEAKING TO JOHN. Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done."

so, the Lord God of the holy prophet is the Lord Jesus, yes, the God of the OT. and here it is. Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." . BINGO, the God of the OT is the Lord Jesus.

and in the OT this is ONE PERSON. so, you need to reload.

101G.

Two persons here

see post #11 above.
the Lord Jesus is the God of the holy Prophets.

101G.

once again, the Father is the Son in NOW GLORIFIED FLESH. for the ONE who sent his angel to John is the Lord Jesus, the God of the OT Prophets. here it is. THE ANGEL IS SPEAKING TO JOHN. Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done."

so, the Lord God of the holy prophet is the Lord Jesus, yes, the God of the OT. and here it is. Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." . BINGO, the God of the OT is the Lord Jesus.

and in the OT this is ONE PERSON. so, you need to reload.

101G.
You're not actually helping yourself here.

I reload every single morning when I awake from my night's slumber.

I am reminded morning by morning...

His mercies are new every morning and his compassion doesn't fail.

I focus on Jesus and doing exactly what YHVH says we're to do in Proverbs 3:5-8.

So, if I'm not leaning on my own understanding, but trusting in YHVH with all my heart and acknowledging him in all my ways....

Why on earth would I think you are trustworthy enough to rely on your understanding, when you haven't demonstrated your godness?

You really should focus on Jesus, especially when we're explicitly instructed to do exactly that!!!

Heb 12:1-3 WEB 1 Therefore let’s also, seeing we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let’s run with perseverance the race that is set before us, 2 looking to Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising its shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider him who has endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, that you don’t grow weary, fainting in your souls.

So, let's see if you grasp this.

Are you Jesus?
Are you YHVH the Son?

As far as I can observe, you're among the weights that I'm to set aside.
Your ideas are not giving me any encouragement to set aside the weights, and sin which so easily entangles.

I'm looking to focus my attention on Him, not you, nor Tom, nor anyone else.

So, let's see if you grasp this.

Are you Jesus?
Are you YHVH the Son?
Smile..... Am I?
As far as I can observe, you're among the weights that I'm to set aside.
so we can take it that you have no clue who the Lord Jesus is? thought so.
I'm looking to focus my attention on Him, not you, nor Tom, nor anyone else.
this is my point, "DO YOU KNOW WHO HE IS?"

101G.

Why ask what you don't want others to know
A. what 101G speaks is in the bible for all to KNOW. this is common/Bible knowledge. and the reason why 101G did not answer your question. ... is 101G God... lol, lol, lol, do you really need 101G to answer that? that was just a throw off excuse question. to even ask anyone that quest is nothing but a deception attempt for not answer the original question.
Don't you know?
yes, answer he is the God of the OT as well as the NT. so do you agree, yes or no? .... (smile).

see how easy that was?

101G

A. what 101G speaks is in the bible for all to KNOW. this is common/Bible knowledge. and the reason why 101G did not answer your question. ... is 101G God... lol, lol, lol, do you really need 101G to answer that? that was just a throw off excuse question. to even ask anyone that quest is nothing but a deception attempt for not answer the original question.

yes, answer he is the God of the OT as well as the NT. so do you agree, yes or no? .... (smile).

see how easy that was?

101G
Which is why I'm wondering why you keep wasting your time arguing about matters you clearly reject, but don't actually understand.

Which is why I'm wondering why you keep wasting your time arguing about matters you clearly reject, but don't actually understand.
(Smile)...... 101G reject? or God. and as not understanding, is that you.

now in reference to Rev. 1:1 is the God who created and Made all thing.... is he the person in John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24, yes or no?

101G.

Back
Top Bottom