Revelation allusions to the old testament, as well as the Gospels, and beyound

@SteveB,
101G is not arguing over the vision itself, but if one is going to access the OT scriptures of the event, get the event right First. as said the birth of Christ has way more allusions than Joe's dream.

101G.
Hmm...
3rd person reference to oneself.

I never understood that.

Well, let me know if they ever show up and personally engage.

I prefer talking to people in the first person.

3rd person references reminds me of those who are demon-possessed, or split personalities.

no, just bible facts.

101G.
Nope still seems completely gratuitous

Genesis 37:5–8 (ESV) — 5 Now Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers they hated him even more. 6 He said to them, “Hear this dream that I have dreamed: 7 Behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and behold, my sheaf arose and stood upright. And behold, your sheaves gathered around it and bowed down to my sheaf.” 8 His brothers said to him, “Are you indeed to reign over us? Or are you indeed to rule over us?” So they hated him even more for his dreams and for his words.

You are begging the question assuming correspondence

Nope still seems completely gratuitous

Genesis 37:5–8 (ESV) — 5 Now Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers they hated him even more. 6 He said to them, “Hear this dream that I have dreamed: 7 Behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and behold, my sheaf arose and stood upright. And behold, your sheaves gathered around it and bowed down to my sheaf.” 8 His brothers said to him, “Are you indeed to reign over us? Or are you indeed to rule over us?” So they hated him even more for his dreams and for his words.

You are begging the question assuming correspondence
LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh My. so you don't believe God? thought so. Revelation 12:5 "And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne."

no need to reply..... (smile)...... :giggle:

101G.

(smile), God do it all the time. .... nothing new.

101G.
Not from what I've seen.
His very name- YHVH, is
I AM.
That's the very epitome of First person self-reference.
Even Jesus' name is Y'SHUA,
I AM SALVATION.

So, you're welcome to show me where YHVH refers to himself in the 3rd person.

Not from what I've seen.
His very name- YHVH, is
I AM.
That's the very epitome of First person self-reference.
Even Jesus' name is Y'SHUA,
I AM SALVATION.

So, you're welcome to show me where YHVH refers to himself in the 3rd person.
Isaiah 53:1 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?" Isaiah 53:2 "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him."

who is the "him?"

101G

LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh My. so you don't believe God? thought so. Revelation 12:5 "And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne."

no need to reply..... (smile)...... :giggle:

101G.
I believe God not you

There is no way Joseph's two dreams relate to your imaginiative claim

Rev 22:16 I, Yeshua, have sent My angel to testify these things to you for My communities. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”
Rev 2:28;
1259- Num 24:17;
Mat 2:2,7-10;
Luke 1:78;
2 Pet 1:19
maybe you can add Genesis 1:1 to that list. for in the original text of Genesis 1:1 the Aleph and the Tav is the Same as the Root and the Offspring, as well as the First and the Last. which are all over the OT.

101G.

maybe you can add Genesis 1:1 to that list. for in the original text of Genesis 1:1 the Aleph and the Tav is the Same as the Root and the Offspring, as well as the First and the Last. which are all over the OT.

101G.
Feel free to.

Back
Top Bottom