Proof of the Deity of Jesus on display in answering prayer.

praise_yeshua

This deserves its own thread.....
Simple words below but profound. Most Unitarians just breeze right through them without paying attention to what they say.

Notice the only reason that the disciples could do "greater things" is because of the work of Jesus. Jesus was going to the Father.

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Notice the only glory due anyone. Notice the Father is GLORIFIED in the Son.

Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Notice who answers the prayer with the effort to bring about what is requested....

Joh 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

The conclusion can only be.... Nothing less than God can do these things.

There are no examples of the word "pray" or "prayer" being used in conjunction with communicating to Jesus.

The Bible teaches to pray to God the Father. That's it.

Matthew 6​
6But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.​
9So then, this is how you should pray:
‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.​

Before Jesus was taken to heaven, he taught his disciples to not ask him for anything because he isn't the one to pray to in Scripture.

John 16​
23In that day you will no longer ask Me anything. Truly, truly, I tell you, whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you.

Jesus taught to pray to the Father in Matthew 6:6,9. Before Jesus was taken to heaven, he gave instructions on prayer and said to not ask him for anything, but rather ask the Father in John 16:23. When they prayed to the Sovereign Lord and Creator in Acts 4:24-27 it wasn't to Jesus.

Imagine a book that only teaches about praying to the Father, but never to Jesus. Sounds like Jesus isn't God.

There are no examples of the word "pray" or "prayer" being used in conjunction with communicating to Jesus.

The Bible teaches to pray to God the Father. That's it.

Matthew 6​
6But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.​
9So then, this is how you should pray:
‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.​

Before Jesus was taken to heaven, he taught his disciples to not ask him for anything because he isn't the one to pray to in Scripture.

John 16​
23In that day you will no longer ask Me anything. Truly, truly, I tell you, whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you.

Jesus taught to pray to the Father in Matthew 6:6,9. Before Jesus was taken to heaven, he gave instructions on prayer and said to not ask him for anything, but rather ask the Father in John 16:23. When they prayed to the Sovereign Lord and Creator in Acts 4:24-27 it wasn't to Jesus.

Imagine a book that only teaches about praying to the Father, but never to Jesus. Sounds like Jesus isn't God.

You're ignoring the facts I referenced in the OP. How many times have you repeated this one single argument?

Are you going to answer prayer? If you're just like Jesus, then when are you going to answer prayer?

If what you say is true, then you should be able to answer prayer. Shouldn't you?

Many people prayed to Jesus

Mat 17:15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
Mat 17:16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
Mat 17:17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
Mat 17:18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

Do you see where his disciples couldn't heal them? They were better men than you are and only Jesus could heal them.

God comes thru every time when YOU fail.

Last edited:
This deserves its own thread.....
Simple words below but profound. Most Unitarians just breeze right through them without paying attention to what they say.

Notice the only reason that the disciples could do "greater things" is because of the work of Jesus. Jesus was going to the Father.

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Notice the only glory due anyone. Notice the Father is GLORIFIED in the Son.

Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Notice who answers the prayer with the effort to bring about what is requested....

Joh 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

The conclusion can only be.... Nothing less than God can do these things.
Correct, by going to the Father, (his OWN Spirit in the EQUAL SHARE of Himself in flesh), he is GLORIFIED with his OWN Spirit, (per Isaiah 63:5). now in glorified flesh.

101G.

Back
Top Bottom