One: Is Jesus God?Two: How can I know him personally?

Johann

One: IS JESUS GOD?

Two: HOW CAN I KNOW HIM PERSONALLY?

I have chosen these questions because we do not have time to start at the very beginning to ask, "Is there a God?" and "How can I know God exists?" Even if we did, if I presented a rational basis for the existence of a personal, infinite God, eventually we would have to ask, "Who is Jesus Christ?"

If we gathered religious experts from all over the world from different faiths and different backgrounds and we asked them, "Who is God?" we would have many different definitions. Some would say God is personal. Some would say that God is impersonal. But if we believe that truth is not relative, we would have to conclude that God cannot be both personal and impersonal at the same time. When we examine the questions about God, "Who is He?" and "How can I know him?" we encounter the limitations of a finite mind as it attempts to understand an infinite being, person, or God. Because of our limited and finite minds, mankind has developed many different opinions.

Even when a person says there is no God, that person violates a basic philosophical principle. He is a person with a finite understanding making an absolute statement about the nature of infinity. It would be like asking how much total knowledge mankind possesses. Albert Einstein, the Nobel Prize Winner in physics, has said that mankind grasps less than one percent of total knowledge. If we have only one percent of total knowledge, would it not be possible for God to exist in the other ninety-nine percent?

GODS KNOWLEDGE

MANS 1%

You can see that it is impossible for a person with a finite mind to make an absolute statement that there is no God because to do so one would need to possess total knowledge; therefore, it is very difficult for people to think about what God is really like and be confident that their opinions are correct.

The following conversation was held between a professor at a university and a man who said he was an atheist, that helps to illustrate this point:

PROFESSOR: How can you say you are an atheist (absolutely there is no God), when you agree that you have less than one percent of total knowledge?"

MAN: I guess I need to say I am an agnostic. I don't know if there is a God.

PROFESSOR: Are you a hard agnostic or a soft agnostic?

MAN: What do you mean?

PROFESSOR: A hard agnostic says, "You can't know if there is a God," and a soft agnostic says, "I don't think there is a God."

MAN: I guess you would say I am a hard agnostic.

PROFESSOR: Can you ever be sure that you can be sure that there is no God? Or do you know for sure that you can't know anything for sure?

MAN: No, I can't say for sure that I can be sure there is no God.

PROFESSOR: So you are really a soft agnostic?

MAN: Yes, I guess that is true'I don't know if there is a God.

PROFESSOR: You sound to me like a man who is saying, I have never seen any evidence that there is a God, so I don't know if there is.

MAN: That's right, I have never been exposed to any evidence about God, life, life after death or ultimate meaning in life.

And that is where we must start, with the question, Is there sufficient evidence for me to conclude that there is a God, and that I can have a personal relationship with Him?

Now back to our panel of religious experts. Suppose someone on this religious panel of experts that we have gathered stood up and said, "I am God Almighty'I am the Creator of the heavens and the earth. I made you and if you are ever to experience true meaning in your life you must know me in a personal way and have a relationship with me." If this happened, we would at least have a place to start. We could look at the evidence of his life to determine the truthfulness or falseness of that statement. And that is exactly what we have in the person of Jesus Christ.

During His earthly ministry two thousand years ago, Jesus said, "I am God." He said that He was the Maker of the heavens and the earth and that only through Him could mankind experience true peace and be given eternal life. He not only issued this dramatic declaration, He had the credentials to back up those claims. The very uniqueness of Jesus is His claim to deity. Let me stop right here to say that Jesus is unique among worldwide religious figures in His claim to be God.

Buddha never claimed to be God.

Moses never claimed to be Jehovah.

Mohammed never claimed to be Allah.

Yet Jesus Christ claimed to be the TRUE and LIVING God!

The record shows that Jesus was not crucified because He raised the dead or because He made the blind to see and the lame to walk. Jesus was crucified because He claimed to be God. That makes the question of His deity of utmost importance.

Buddha simply said, "I am a teacher in search of the truth."

Jesus said, "I am the Truth."

Confucius said, "I never claimed to be holy."

Jesus said, "Who convicts me of sin?"

Mohammed said, "Unless God throws his cloak of mercy over me, I have no hope."

Jesus said, "Unless you believe in me, you will die in your sins."

Jesus' statements force the listener or reader to a choice. What you choose to do with Jesus Christ today is the most important decision you will ever make.

Your decision about Jesus Christ is more important than your ideology. It is more important than your career. And it is more important than the mate you choose. If Jesus is God, then you must decide what to do with that information. If he is not God then we should have nothing to do with him.

C. S. Lewis, formerly a professor at Oxford University, was an atheist who later became a Christian. In his writings Lewis emphasized that one cannot be neutral with Jesus Christ. Lewis wrote:

I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: "I am ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don't accept His claim to be God." That is the one thing we must not say. A man who is merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher, He would either be a lunatic, on the level with a man who says He is a poached egg, or else He would be the devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was and is the Son of God or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.

I hope that when you have finished reading this, you will not continue to say that Jesus was just a good man. If you wish to be honest in the interest of intellectual integrity you cannot assume neutral ground. Jesus is either God or He is a liar. You may conclude that Jesus is not God and choose to dismiss Him, but as Professor Lewis said, please do not say He was just a good moral leader.

JESUS' TWO QUESTIONS--Link.

One day Jesus asked some of His followers two questions: "Who does the world say that I am?" and "Who do you say that I am?"

Those two questions are our starting point. First, who does the world say that Jesus Christ is? If you have already investigated Jesus Christ, you probably agree with most thinking people that Jesus is the most unique personality the world has ever known. Jesus is not simply a great man among men; He's the greatest man who has ever lived. The more you study His life, the more you are impressed. Even atheists and skeptics acknowledge the uniqueness of Jesus. Listen to what the skeptics of the world have said about Jesus and His unparalleled contribution in human history.

Renan, the French thinker and atheist, has said, "Whatever surprises the future may bring, one thing is certain, Jesus will never be surpassed."

Rousseau, another French thinker, compared Jesus with Socrates, saying, "If the life and death of Socrates were those of a sage-the life and death of Jesus were those of a God."

Napoleon said, "I know men, and Jesus Christ was no mere man.

Lord Byron, the English poet, who certainly did not embrace Christian principles, and died at the age of twenty-six because he lived his life only for his selfish pleasure, said this of Jesus: "If ever a man were God, or God were a man, Jesus was both."

More recently one writer described His influence in this way: "I am far within the mark when I say that all the armies that ever marched and all the navies that were built, and all of the parliaments that ever have sat, and all the kings that ever reigned put together have not affected the life of man upon this earth as powerfully as has that one solitary life, Jesus of Nazareth."

So Jesus Christ, according to the skeptics and people who knew His life, is considered the most unique person who ever lived.

Remember our question: "Who does the world say that Jesus Christ is?" Some people say that Jesus was a legend or a myth, that He never really existed.

Historian Phillip Schaff says, "The certainty of Jesus Christ is as certain as my own identity."

Dr. F. F. Bruce has said, "Some people play with the myth, legend, ideal of Christ; those who do so, do not do so on the basis of historical investigation!" Even secular historical sources such as Cornelius Tacitus, the Roman historian of the first century, speak in detail of the person of Christ.

Flavius Josephus, the well-known first-century Jewish historian, speaks of the life and death of Jesus and how He went about claiming to be the Messiah and performing great works.

Skeptic H G. Wells, in The Outline of History, devotes over twenty pages to Jesus Christ, substantiating His life and death from a historical perspective.

Of course, in the Bible we have four different detailed accounts of the life of Christ. I realize that many people question the Bible's historical authenticity, but once again we must take care with remarks that are not based upon thorough investigation. As a matter of fact, there is more secular evidence for the historical reliability of the four Gospels than for any other piece of classical literature.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
If we gathered religious experts from all over the world from different faiths and different backgrounds and we asked them, "Who is God?" we would have many different definitions. Some would say God is personal. Some would say that God is impersonal. But if we believe that truth is not relative, we would have to conclude that God cannot be both personal and impersonal at the same time. When we examine the questions about God, "Who is He?" and "How can I know him?" we encounter the limitations of a finite mind as it attempts to understand an infinite being, person, or God. Because of our limited and finite minds, mankind has developed many different opinions.
why not we all gather behind the Holy Spirit and let him teach us instead of gathering scholars.

he, God, told us we can know about him, Romans 1:19 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them." Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

there is no excuse in not knowing God, is it not in his Word, the BIBLE?

101G.

why not we all gather behind the Holy Spirit and let him teach us instead of gathering scholars.

he, God, told us we can know about him, Romans 1:19 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them." Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

there is no excuse in not knowing God, is it not in his Word, the BIBLE?

101G.
Act_17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Rom_1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Col_2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Cognate with Theos , there are three other words to be noted :
1. Theotes , rendered "Deity", and used of Christ. Occurs only in Col_2:9, and has relation to the Godhead personally ; while

2. Theiotes , rendered "Deity" also, is Deity in the abstract . Occurs only in Rom_1:20.

3. Theios , rendered "Divine", and is used of Christ. Occurs only in 2Pe_1:3; 2Pe_1:4; and, with the Article, in Act_17:29, where it is rendered "Godhead". Gr. = that which [is] Divine.

II. I AM.
Used by Christ of Himself, in Joh_8:58. See note on Exo_3:14.

III. FATHER.
FATHER. Gr. Pater . Expresses relationship, the correlative of which is "son". When used of man it not only denotes parentage, but it sometimes has the wider meaning of "ancestor", "founder", or a "senior" (as in 1Jn_2:13; 1Jn_2:14); also the author or source of anything (Joh_8:44. Heb_12:9); and expresses a spiritual relationship, as in 1Co_4:15. When used of God it denotes His relationship to His "beloved Son"; and to those ("sons") who have been begotten (not "born", see note on Mat_1:1) into a new creation. It implies "sons", not "offspring", as in Act_17:28; Act_17:29. These were "offspring", and were existing (Gr. huparcho ), as such, according to nature, on the ground of creation ; not "sons" as being "begotten" into a new creation.

III. FATHER.
FATHER. Gr. Pater . Expresses relationship, the correlative of which is "son".
ERROR, it express SOURCE....... of the Son. this is the ERROR men make. it's not a relationship. supportive scripture, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." now this, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." now please tell us what is the relationship of "I", the single entity?

101G.

ERROR, it express SOURCE....... of the Son. this is the ERROR men make. it's not a relationship. supportive scripture, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." now this, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." now please tell us what is the relationship of "I", the single entity?

101G.
Jesus is referred to as the Alpha and Omega in the Bible. This phrase is used to describe God's eternal nature and sovereignty over all of history, and Jesus is identified as the Alpha and Omega in the book of Revelation. In Revelation 1:8, Jesus proclaims himself as the Alpha and Omega, saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." He is also referred to as the Alpha and Omega in Revelation 21:6 and 22:13. These verses emphasize that Jesus is the beginning and the end of all things, and that he is eternal and unchanging. The phrase "Alpha and Omega" is a powerful declaration of Jesus' deity and his role as the creator and sustainer of all things.

Jesus is referred to as the Alpha and Omega in the Bible.
Good, Not referred to .... "ONLY", but is the Alpha and Omega in the Bible which is FACT.
now ...... Listen up,
Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:" Revelation 1:2 "Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw." Revelation 1:3 "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand." Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;" Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,"

agent "J", let's learn something. is this letter from one, two or three person?
#1. from him which is, and which was, and which is to come. is this Person, we will call person #1 ... is this the Father?

#2. and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne, is this Person, we will call person #2 ..... the Holy Spirit, but notice the Lamb have these seven Spirit, who is before the Throne. is this the ???? Holy Spirit

#3. And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness. is this Person, we will call person #3.... well this is a no brainer, the Son, Jesus the Lord.

now is person #1, 2, and 3 the same one PERSON, yes or no. @TomL and @civic , you 2 can answer also.

101G.

101G.
Your questions address three distinct persons within the Trinity, using references from Revelation 1:4-5 and 5:6. Here are the answers:
From him who is, and who was, and who is to come: This description is attributed to God the Father, who is eternal and unchanging. As you correctly stated, this is the Father.
Seven Spirits which are before His throne: This description is often interpreted as representing the fullness of the Holy Spirit, although it may not directly refer to the third person of the Trinity as an individual member. The seven spirits symbolize the completeness and fullness of the Holy Spirit. However, the Lamb (which is Jesus Christ) is said to possess these seven spirits in Revelation 5:6, suggesting that Jesus shares fully in the work and presence of the Holy Spirit. So, while the seven spirits do not necessarily point to a separate person, they indicate the fullness and unity of the Holy Spirit within the Trinity.
From Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness: This description clearly points to Jesus Christ, the second person of the Trinity, who is the Son of God.
It is important to note that the members of the Trinity share certain characteristics and functions, such as the seven spirits belonging to both the Lamb (Christ) and the Father. However, each person remains distinct within the unity of the Trinity.

Your questions address three distinct persons within the Trinity, using references from Revelation 1:4-5 and 5:6. Here are the answers:
From him who is, and who was, and who is to come: This description is attributed to God the Father, who is eternal and unchanging. As you correctly stated, this is the Father.
ok, let's take this one Title at a time, "The Father". Here is where the other so-called Persons who suppose to be in the Godhead is vetted by scripture or not. Lets follow the bible, not our beliefs.

#1. the Father".
Evidence #1. Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty”. So the “which is, and which was, and which is to come” is A. the Almighty, B. the Alpha and the Omega, and C. the Lord.

Evidence #2. Revelation 4:8 "And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which is, and which was, and which is to come”. Again the which is, and which was, and which is to come is the Lord God Almighty.

Evidence #3. Revelation 11:17 "Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned".

So clearly we see that him, “which art, and wast, and art to come“, is the Lord God Almighty. is not this JESUS the Lord? John 13:13 "Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am." but is not the Father the "LORD", all caps? yes, but the " which is, and which was, and which is to come” is the Lord JESUS, for the Alpha and Omega in Rev. 1:8 above is the First and the Last who is JESUS the Lord .take your time and review what 101G posted and we will get to the 7 Spirits next... (smile).

101G.

@TomL and @civic
this is what we are speaking about here also. one of you so-called persons in the Trinty is eliminated by scriptural vetting. "from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;" from ....... "HIM" one person, we will soon see that the 7 Spirit is this same one Person, so tune in please. :cool:
101G.

ok, let's take this one Title at a time, "The Father". Here is where the other so-called Persons who suppose to be in the Godhead is vetted by scripture or not. Lets follow the bible, not our beliefs.

#1. the Father".
Evidence #1. Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty”. So the “which is, and which was, and which is to come” is A. the Almighty, B. the Alpha and the Omega, and C. the Lord.

Evidence #2. Revelation 4:8 "And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which is, and which was, and which is to come”. Again the which is, and which was, and which is to come is the Lord God Almighty.

Evidence #3. Revelation 11:17 "Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned".

So clearly we see that him, “which art, and wast, and art to come“, is the Lord God Almighty. is not this JESUS the Lord? John 13:13 "Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am." but is not the Father the "LORD", all caps? yes, but the " which is, and which was, and which is to come” is the Lord JESUS, for the Alpha and Omega in Rev. 1:8 above is the First and the Last who is JESUS the Lord .take your time and review what 101G posted and we will get to the 7 Spirits next... (smile).

101G.
The question of who is referred to as "which is, and which was, and which is to come" in Revelation is a matter of interpretation. While some scholars argue that this phrase refers to God the Father, others suggest that it refers to the triune Godhead, including all three persons of the Trinity.

The evidence you presented suggests that the Lord God Almighty is the one who is referred to as "which is, and which was, and which is to come" in Revelation. This is consistent with the understanding that the Father is often referred to as the Lord God Almighty in the Bible.

However, it is also true that Jesus is referred to as Lord and God in the New Testament (John 20:28; Titus 2:13), and that he shares in the divine nature of the Father (Colossians 2:9).

Therefore, while the exact identity of "which is, and which was, and which is to come" may be debated, it is clear that this phrase refers to the eternal nature and sovereignty of God, and that all three persons of the Trinity share in these attributes.

#2. him, the “Seven Spirits”. is this the Lord Jesus also? yes,

Evidence #1. Revelation 3:1 "And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead”. We know that this is the Lord Jesus who is addressing the church in Sardis, and he, the “Lord” Jesus said that he has the “Seven Spirits”. Uh!

Evidence #2. Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth”. BINGO, “which are the seven Spirits of God ”. so it is the Lord JESUS. for he stood/resurrected. and was sent into all the Earth, which the Holy Spirit was sent into the earth on Pentecost....YIKES! ....LOL, Oh dear it's getting hot in here.

Evidence #3. the one who have the seven Spirits is the Same one who is the First and the Last,
Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Revelation 1:18 "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death". the only one who was dead and live evermore is JESUS. this is the Lamb of Chapter 5 who was slain, and resurrected.

So the one who have the seven Spirit is the First and the Last who is the Lord God Almighty, who is JESUS.
Revelation 22:13 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last”. who is the “First & Last?”, the Lord God Almighty. BINGO, that confirm who is the Lord God Almighty is, JESUS.

And lastly, “the true witness”, that’s a no brainier, a give me. The Lord Jesus.

The only person who is the central theme of this book is the Lord Jesus, who is the Spirit, and God is a Spirit (John 4:24a). so no Modalism here. what's not here is three separate and distinct persons. THIS IS NOT ME, BUT THE BIBLE VETTING.

101G.

this is what we are speaking about here also. one of you so-called persons in the Trinty is eliminated by scriptural vetting. "from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;" from ....... "HIM" one person, we will soon see that the 7 Spirit is this same one Person, so tune in please
The phrase "from him which is, and which was, and which is to come" in Revelation 1:4 is often interpreted as referring to God the Father, who is eternal and unchanging. The seven spirits before his throne are also mentioned in this verse, and are often interpreted as representing the fullness of the Holy Spirit, although it may not directly refer to the third person of the Trinity as an individual member.

The seven spirits are mentioned again in Revelation 3:1 and 4:5, where they are described as being before the throne of God. In Revelation 5:6, the Lamb (which is Jesus Christ) is said to possess these seven spirits, suggesting that Jesus shares fully in the work and presence of the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, while the exact identity of the seven spirits may be debated, it is clear that they represent the fullness and unity of the Holy Spirit within the Trinity, and that all three persons of the Trinity share in the work and presence of the Holy Spirit.

The phrase "from him which is, and which was, and which is to come" in Revelation 1:4 is often interpreted as referring to God the Father, who is eternal and unchanging. The seven spirits before his throne are also mentioned in this verse, and are often interpreted as representing the fullness of the Holy Spirit, although it may not directly refer to the third person of the Trinity as an individual member.

The seven spirits are mentioned again in Revelation 3:1 and 4:5, where they are described as being before the throne of God. In Revelation 5:6, the Lamb (which is Jesus Christ) is said to possess these seven spirits, suggesting that Jesus shares fully in the work and presence of the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, while the exact identity of the seven spirits may be debated, it is clear that they represent the fullness and unity of the Holy Spirit within the Trinity, and that all three persons of the Trinity share in the work and presence of the Holy Spirit.
see above.

101G.

#2. him, the “Seven Spirits”. is this the Lord Jesus also? yes,

Evidence #1. Revelation 3:1 "And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead”. We know that this is the Lord Jesus who is addressing the church in Sardis, and he, the “Lord” Jesus said that he has the “Seven Spirits”. Uh!

Evidence #2. Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth”. BINGO, “which are the seven Spirits of God ”. so it is the Lord JESUS. for he stood/resurrected. and was sent into all the Earth, which the Holy Spirit was sent into the earth on Pentecost....YIKES! ....LOL, Oh dear it's getting hot in here.

Evidence #3. the one who have the seven Spirits is the Same one who is the First and the Last,
Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Revelation 1:18 "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death". the only one who was dead and live evermore is JESUS. this is the Lamb of Chapter 5 who was slain, and resurrected.

So the one who have the seven Spirit is the First and the Last who is the Lord God Almighty, who is JESUS.
Revelation 22:13 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last”. who is the “First & Last?”, the Lord God Almighty. BINGO, that confirm who is the Lord God Almighty is, JESUS.

And lastly, “the true witness”, that’s a no brainier, a give me. The Lord Jesus.

The only person who is the central theme of this book is the Lord Jesus, who is the Spirit, and God is a Spirit (John 4:24a). so no Modalism here. what's not here is three separate and distinct persons. THIS IS NOT ME, BUT THE BIBLE VETTING.

101G.
Based on the information provided, your conclusions regarding the identities of the "first and the last" (Alpha and Omega) and the "true witness" align with common interpretations of the relevant texts.
The "first and the last" (Alpha and Omega) in Revelation 22:13 is commonly understood to refer to Jesus Christ, who is the Lord God Almighty. This is supported by other passages in the Book of Revelation, such as Revelation 1:8, where Jesus claims to be the Alpha and Omega, and Revelation 4:8, where the Lord God Almighty is described as the one who is, was, and is to come.

The "true witness" in Revelation 1:5 is clearly identified as Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness. This is supported by numerous passages throughout the New Testament, such as John 1:14 ("and we beheld his glory"), John 3:31 ("He that cometh from above is above all"), and 1 Timothy 3:16 ("God was manifest in the flesh").

Your conclusion that the Bible does not support modalism is correct. Modalism teaches that God exists in different modes at different times, whereas Christianity holds that God exists as three coequal and consubstantial persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) in one essence.

The Bible consistently presents the three persons of the Trinity as distinct individuals, sharing in the same divine nature and working together in harmony.
However, it is essential to recognize that the doctrine of the Trinity is complex and nuanced, and that there are legitimate differences of opinion among Christians concerning how the three persons relate to one another. Nonetheless, the Bible makes it abundantly clear that God exists as three distinct persons in one essence, and that Jesus Christ is the centerpiece of salvation history.

@TomL and @civic, thanks to agent "J", the bible just VETTED two of your so-called persons out of the Godhead. which means you have and is in a trinity delusion. 2 Thessalonians 2:10 "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved." 2 Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:"

THIS IS NOT THE DEVIL DOING THIS, THIS IS A WAKE-UP CALL FROM GOD. 101G SUGGEST YOU SMELL THE COFFEE.

101G

Based on the information provided, your conclusions regarding the identities of the "first and the last" (Alpha and Omega) and the "true witness" align with common interpretations of the relevant texts.
The "first and the last" (Alpha and Omega) in Revelation 22:13 is commonly understood to refer to Jesus Christ, who is the Lord God Almighty. This is supported by other passages in the Book of Revelation, such as Revelation 1:8, where Jesus claims to be the Alpha and Omega, and Revelation 4:8, where the Lord God Almighty is described as the one who is, was, and is to come.

The "true witness" in Revelation 1:5 is clearly identified as Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness. This is supported by numerous passages throughout the New Testament, such as John 1:14 ("and we beheld his glory"), John 3:31 ("He that cometh from above is above all"), and 1 Timothy 3:16 ("God was manifest in the flesh").

Your conclusion that the Bible does not support modalism is correct. Modalism teaches that God exists in different modes at different times, whereas Christianity holds that God exists as three coequal and consubstantial persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) in one essence.

The Bible consistently presents the three persons of the Trinity as distinct individuals, sharing in the same divine nature and working together in harmony.
However, it is essential to recognize that the doctrine of the Trinity is complex and nuanced, and that there are legitimate differences of opinion among Christians concerning how the three persons relate to one another. Nonetheless, the Bible makes it abundantly clear that God exists as three distinct persons in one essence, and that Jesus Christ is the centerpiece of salvation history.
see my post above with bible scriptural support is valid.

101G.

@TomL and @civic, thanks to agent "J", the bible just VETTED two of your so-called persons out of the Godhead. which means you have and is in a trinity delusion. 2 Thessalonians 2:10 "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved." 2 Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:"

THIS IS NOT THE DEVIL DOING THIS, THIS IS A WAKE-UP CALL FROM GOD. 101G SUGGEST YOU SMELL THE COFFEE.

101G
The statements made in your comment reflect a misunderstanding of the doctrine of the Trinity, which is a fundamental aspect of Christian belief. The Bible does not "vet out" any of the three persons of the Trinity, nor does it imply that believing in the Trinity constitutes a delusion.

As explained earlier, the Bible consistently presents the three persons of the Trinity as distinct individuals, sharing in the same divine nature and working together in harmony. The three persons of the Trinity are not separate entities, but rather distinct expressions of the one God. To claim otherwise would be to reject the orthodox teaching of the Church, which has held to the doctrine of the Trinity since its earliest days.

If you have further questions about the Trinity or any other aspect of Christian belief, feel free to ask! Just remember that the Bible itself cannot be reduced to simple prooftexts, and that understanding its teachings requires careful study and reflection.
J.

101G
Still waiting for your reply. Who is speaking to your one person God calling him his son

Still waiting for your reply. Who is speaking to your one person God calling him his son
LOL, been answered that, so just keep on waiting, lol. classic excuse when one is caught in a LIE. Oh my.... :ninja:

101G

you fellas has no Idea what's going on.... do U? see, Psalms 110:1 is in effect. ....... Gracious. .. 😇

Back
Top Bottom