Isaiah and the trinity

TomL

Isaiah 6:1–10 (UASV) — 1 In the year that King Uzziah died I saw Jehovah sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is Jehovah of armies; the whole earth is full of his glory!” 4 And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. 5 And I said: “Woe is me! For I have been brought to silence; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of armies!” 6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 And he touched my mouth and said: “Look, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.” 8 And I heard the voice of Jehovah saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.” 9 And he said, “Go, and tell this people: “ ‘Keep on listening, but do not understand; keep on looking but do not perceive.’ 10 Make the heart of this people dull, and their ears heavy, and blind their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.”

Isaiah has a vision of Jehovah

and plainly states he has seen the king, Jehovah of armies

John the apostle discusses this at

John 12:36–43 (UASV) — 36 While you have the light, believe in the light, so that you may become sons of light.” Jesus said these things, and he went away and was hidden from them. 37 But though he had performed so many signs before them, yet they were not believing in him. 38 So that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he said: “Lord, who has believed in the thing heard from us, and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” 39 For this reason they could not believe, for Isaiah said again, 40 “He has blinded their eyes and he hardened their heart, so that they would not see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I might heal them.” 41 These things Isaiah said because he saw his glory, and he spoke about him. Nevertheless many even of the rulers believed in him, but because of the Pharisees they were not confessing him, so that they might not be put out of the synagogue; 43 for they loved the glory of men more than the glory of God.

But identifies Jesus as the one seen

In Isaiah it is asked “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

who will go for us?

Us not me

Isaiah tells us he saw Jehovah

john states he saw Jesus

Only the Holy Spirit is missing

well

Acts 28:25–27 (KJV 1900) — 25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers, 26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: 27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

according to Luke

It was the Holy Spirit which pronounced the hardening of those people

Thus the us is seen as all three of the trinity

Isaiah 6:1–10 (UASV) — 1 In the year that King Uzziah died I saw Jehovah sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is Jehovah of armies; the whole earth is full of his glory!” 4 And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. 5 And I said: “Woe is me! For I have been brought to silence; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of armies!” 6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 And he touched my mouth and said: “Look, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.” 8 And I heard the voice of Jehovah saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.” 9 And he said, “Go, and tell this people: “ ‘Keep on listening, but do not understand; keep on looking but do not perceive.’ 10 Make the heart of this people dull, and their ears heavy, and blind their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.”

Isaiah has a vision of Jehovah

and plainly states he has seen the king, Jehovah of armies

John the apostle discusses this at

John 12:36–43 (UASV) — 36 While you have the light, believe in the light, so that you may become sons of light.” Jesus said these things, and he went away and was hidden from them. 37 But though he had performed so many signs before them, yet they were not believing in him. 38 So that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he said: “Lord, who has believed in the thing heard from us, and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” 39 For this reason they could not believe, for Isaiah said again, 40 “He has blinded their eyes and he hardened their heart, so that they would not see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I might heal them.” 41 These things Isaiah said because he saw his glory, and he spoke about him. Nevertheless many even of the rulers believed in him, but because of the Pharisees they were not confessing him, so that they might not be put out of the synagogue; 43 for they loved the glory of men more than the glory of God.

But identifies Jesus as the one seen

In Isaiah it is asked “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

who will go for us?

Us not me

Isaiah tells us he saw Jehovah

john states he saw Jesus

Only the Holy Spirit is missing

well

Acts 28:25–27 (KJV 1900) — 25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers, 26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: 27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

according to Luke

It was the Holy Spirit which pronounced the hardening of those people

Thus the us is seen as all three of the trinity

It is so wonderful to see someone do their own investigation! Great investigation!

Back
Top Bottom