If you knew false doctrine was a spiritual blindness, how would it change you?

Diserner

"Go ahead... !"

"Show me where I'm wrong! Prove it!! Just give me a Bible verse that proves your point, buddy, JUST ONE."

* * *long list of Bible verses pasted* * *

"LOL! You think THOSE verses prove your point?! LOLLLLL...."

~ ~ ~

We've all been there.

We've all felt that frustration, "Why can't you see what I'm seeing in those words? Why do you use logic in a way that seems so different and incomprehensible to me, that when I read A = B you read C = D. Why?!"

Now consider a minute how, if you pondered the possibility that your opposition might be in some way blinded, confused or deceived by misleading forces, it might change your perspective from assuming they are always stubbornly resisting the obvious into compassion for someone who is misguided.

How would it change how your perspective?

1. Would instead of anger and frustration, it help produce compassion and intercession?

2. Instead of cutting a person off for not seeing your points, would this move you to say, "I will earnestly hope God shows you the truth!"

3. Instead of pointing out all the sins and hypocrisies and fleshly failings of others, would it move to you to say "I'm sorry for any way I haven't perfectly loved and cared for the state of your soul, and I hope any fleshly way of debating has not been a hindrance to your seeing the truth."

4. Would instead of searching that one cool zinger that makes you look good or sound confident, it make you realize the anger of man does not accomplish the righteousness of God, and know that only the Holy Spirit can open blind eyes and break down strongholds?

5. Would it make you less reacting with offense and resentment, and be less harsh and condescending? Instead of cleverly and expertly finding all the other's guys failings, would it make you focus more on our own?

Okay. I know what you're thinking.

"Dizerner, I've seen you get in the flesh, I caught you out, buddy."

Guilty. I see that.

I'm always thinking and praying about that, and trying to change.

Sometimes we do have to speak with strong words and take a stand for a truth—but where ever someone thought I was unloving I ask their forgiveness.

I'm hoping this will help me and others see our failings. I hope I'm writing it in a way that isn't unkind or judgmental. Maybe I'm failing at that. I'm trying the best I can in the only way I know. God please forgive what is sinful in this post. Please help your people minister the truth with grace, sensitivity, tact, persuasiveness, kindness; and above all, a genuine and sincere care for the other person.

14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.
16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. (Gal 5:14-16)

12 So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have.
13 I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body, (2Pe 1:12-13)

~~~

As an addendum, from an Arminian perspective, although prayer can't change a free will decision, it can still do a lot of powerful things to help a persuade a person to make the right choice.

1. It can remove unbelief, and give a person the ability to realize God exists.
2. It can set up good or bad circumstances in a carrot and stick fashion, to show the pain of sin and the reward of accepting Christ.
3. It can set up relationships which will speak truth into a persons life in a way they can more readily receive.
4. It can push back resistant demonic forces that are interfering and opposing the kingdom of God.
5. It can produce more mercy and a covering of sins through intercession that applies the Work of Christ by faith.

Prayer can bring the maximal amount of grace into a person's life to choose to accept the truth.

What if one is spiritually blind or unaware that what they believe is false ?

There is no group, person, theology , systemic church or denomination that has a monopoly on the truth outside of Jesus and His Apostles.

Everyone has error in their beliefs.

hope this helps !!!

There is no group, person, theology , systemic church or denomination that has a monopoly on the truth outside of Jesus and His Apostles.

hope this helps !!!
there are many who are raised in Church ,that only know what thus saith the Church doctrines says.. i was called into a rather one side meeting once after i mentioned footwashing from the pulpit . a older man in the lynch committee spoke up and said i been a baptist all my life. i have never heard of foot washing. he wanted to know where i got it from.. so i opened up the Bible and read what Jesus said.

there are those in Church who only knows what the Church teaches . and not what the Bible has to say

there are many who are raised in Church ,that only know what thus saith the Church doctrines says.. i was called into a rather one side meeting once after i mentioned footwashing from the pulpit . a older man in the lynch committee spoke up and said i been a baptist all my life. i have never heard of foot washing. he wanted to know where i got it from.. so i opened up the Bible and read what Jesus said.

there are those in Church who only knows what the Church teaches . and not what the Bible has to say
Exactly spot on brother

I always remember that "You don't know what you don't know". An open mind is the beginning of wisdom. If you get the sense there is a person with crossed arms in defense on the other side of their words, you will never have a chance to get your message across.

I find there is so much censorship even in the Christian world. My Biblical research is actively censored and removed from other forums.

I always remember that "You don't know what you don't know". An open mind is the beginning of wisdom. If you get the sense there is a person with crossed arms in defense on the other side of their words, you will never have a chance to get your message across.

I find there is so much censorship even in the Christian world. My Biblical research is actively censored and removed from other forums.
That's not going to happen here as we hold to free speech. And we pray that our speech will be uplifting to each other.

"Go ahead... !"

"Show me where I'm wrong! Prove it!! Just give me a Bible verse that proves your point, buddy, JUST ONE."

* * *long list of Bible verses pasted* * *

"LOL! You think THOSE verses prove your point?! LOLLLLL...."

~ ~ ~

We've all been there.

We've all felt that frustration, "Why can't you see what I'm seeing in those words? Why do you use logic in a way that seems so different and incomprehensible to me, that when I read A = B you read C = D. Why?!"

Now consider a minute how, if you pondered the possibility that your opposition might be in some way blinded, confused or deceived by misleading forces, it might change your perspective from assuming they are always stubbornly resisting the obvious into compassion for someone who is misguided.

How would it change how your perspective?

1. Would instead of anger and frustration, it help produce compassion and intercession?

2. Instead of cutting a person off for not seeing your points, would this move you to say, "I will earnestly hope God shows you the truth!"

3. Instead of pointing out all the sins and hypocrisies and fleshly failings of others, would it move to you to say "I'm sorry for any way I haven't perfectly loved and cared for the state of your soul, and I hope any fleshly way of debating has not been a hindrance to your seeing the truth."

4. Would instead of searching that one cool zinger that makes you look good or sound confident, it make you realize the anger of man does not accomplish the righteousness of God, and know that only the Holy Spirit can open blind eyes and break down strongholds?

5. Would it make you less reacting with offense and resentment, and be less harsh and condescending? Instead of cleverly and expertly finding all the other's guys failings, would it make you focus more on our own?

Okay. I know what you're thinking.

"Dizerner, I've seen you get in the flesh, I caught you out, buddy."

Guilty. I see that.

I'm always thinking and praying about that, and trying to change.

Sometimes we do have to speak with strong words and take a stand for a truth—but where ever someone thought I was unloving I ask their forgiveness.

I'm hoping this will help me and others see our failings. I hope I'm writing it in a way that isn't unkind or judgmental. Maybe I'm failing at that. I'm trying the best I can in the only way I know. God please forgive what is sinful in this post. Please help your people minister the truth with grace, sensitivity, tact, persuasiveness, kindness; and above all, a genuine and sincere care for the other person.

14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.
16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. (Gal 5:14-16)

12 So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have.
13 I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body, (2Pe 1:12-13)

~~~

As an addendum, from an Arminian perspective, although prayer can't change a free will decision, it can still do a lot of powerful things to help a persuade a person to make the right choice.

1. It can remove unbelief, and give a person the ability to realize God exists.
2. It can set up good or bad circumstances in a carrot and stick fashion, to show the pain of sin and the reward of accepting Christ.
3. It can set up relationships which will speak truth into a persons life in a way they can more readily receive.
4. It can push back resistant demonic forces that are interfering and opposing the kingdom of God.
5. It can produce more mercy and a covering of sins through intercession that applies the Work of Christ by faith.

Prayer can bring the maximal amount of grace into a person's life to choose to accept the truth.
Prayer is What's Happening. Excellent post makes me stop and think and pray for my eyes to be opened.

hope this helps !!!
Except @dizerner ?

Everybody knows how they train bank tellers to recognize counterfeit money right? They have them get real familiar with genuine currency so that they can spot a fake bill. For us that means we spend time in the word, some people refer to it as "Life in the word". What that does for me is to developed my discernment so that when someone tries to lay some false Doctrine on me I recognize it as not being the true word of God.

exactly what was they removed? what is this research? is it backed up by scripture or just opinion

exactly what was they removed? what is this research? is it backed up by scripture or just opinion
My personal view is that everything must be consistent with the complete message of Scripture. It must be historically, culturally, linguistically and in general factually accurate. There is no room for "personal revelation" that invalidates the Word of God. Or viewing everything as new-agey, woo-woo, everything is relative. But there is the fine line. That is NOT the same as blindly accepting church tradition. That is not the same as consensus. This would take much longer to flesh out properly.

That same fine line must be walked when holding on to what you think you know to be absolutely true. If strong faith is not matched with an open discerning mind, that's where cults originate.

My research in to many Biblical subjects often come to some surprising conclusions. Often antithetical to established church tradition. But it is all supported by everything I stated in the first paragraph. It's most likely very scary for some to even consider. Two forums that claim to be Christian and claim to allow discussion on any subject have messed with my threads. One outright deleted my content. One has locked my threads without any explanation. In addition, for over 15 years, I have been contacting every well-known pastor, prophecy teacher, ministry to share what I have discovered. Not a one has responded. Not a single one. Does that mean my research is wrong? The invitation is always there to try to refute my research. But to this date all I've had is people respond saying that I've been blessed to reveal the truly accurate understanding of a great many things that have been mysteries for centuries.

Here's the thread with the content that was recently censored elsewhere. Kindly respond in that thread with any specific questions.

Back
Top Bottom