Gods love and prayer is for unity in serving

civic

I shared this with our mens discipleship group yesterday morning at our church. Our Pastor who is in the group just started a series on spiritual gifts so I thought this would tie in well with the past Sundays message.

Jesus heart and prayer for believers in the High Priestly Prayer for His disciples and those who would believe in Him through their message.

John 17
- I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. 14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified. 20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

Paul captures Jesus heart below

Ephesians 4:11-16
- So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

Romans 12:3-21- For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone

@civic
Here is a good one from todays devotions.

Love Is the Answer But be doers of the Word [obey the message], and not merely listeners to it, betraying yourselves [into deception by reasoning contrary to the Truth]. JAMES 1:22

Love must be more than a theory or a word; it has to be action. It has to be demonstrated. God is love, and love has always been His idea. He came to love us to teach us how to love Him, and to teach us how to love ourselves and others. When we do this, life is beautiful; when we don’t, nothing works properly. Love is the answer to selfishness because love gives while selfishness takes.

We must be delivered from ourselves, and Jesus came for that very purpose as we see in 2 Corinthians 5:15: “And He died for all, so that all those who live might live no longer to and for themselves, but to and for Him Who died and was raised again for their sake.” Recently, as I was pondering all the terrible problems in the world, such as millions of starving children, AIDS, war, oppression, human trafficking, incest, and much more, I asked God, “How can You stand to see all that goes on in the world and do nothing?” I heard God say in my spirit, “I work through people. I am waiting for My people to rise up and do something.”

You may be thinking, as millions of others do, I know the world has problems, but they are so massive—what can I do that will make a difference? That is exactly the kind of thinking that has kept us paralyzed while evil continues to triumph. We must stop thinking about what we cannot do and begin to do what we can do. Ask yourself: “Will I continue being part of the problem or will I be part of the answer?” I have decided to be part of the answer. Will you join me

Meyer, Joyce. Trusting God Day by Day: 365 Daily Devotions

@civic
Here is a good one from todays devotions.

Love Is the Answer But be doers of the Word [obey the message], and not merely listeners to it, betraying yourselves [into deception by reasoning contrary to the Truth]. JAMES 1:22

Love must be more than a theory or a word; it has to be action. It has to be demonstrated. God is love, and love has always been His idea. He came to love us to teach us how to love Him, and to teach us how to love ourselves and others. When we do this, life is beautiful; when we don’t, nothing works properly. Love is the answer to selfishness because love gives while selfishness takes.

We must be delivered from ourselves, and Jesus came for that very purpose as we see in 2 Corinthians 5:15: “And He died for all, so that all those who live might live no longer to and for themselves, but to and for Him Who died and was raised again for their sake.” Recently, as I was pondering all the terrible problems in the world, such as millions of starving children, AIDS, war, oppression, human trafficking, incest, and much more, I asked God, “How can You stand to see all that goes on in the world and do nothing?” I heard God say in my spirit, “I work through people. I am waiting for My people to rise up and do something.”

You may be thinking, as millions of others do, I know the world has problems, but they are so massive—what can I do that will make a difference? That is exactly the kind of thinking that has kept us paralyzed while evil continues to triumph. We must stop thinking about what we cannot do and begin to do what we can do. Ask yourself: “Will I continue being part of the problem or will I be part of the answer?” I have decided to be part of the answer. Will you join me

Meyer, Joyce. Trusting God Day by Day: 365 Daily Devotions
I love it thanks !!!

You may be thinking, as millions of others do, I know the world has problems, but they are so massive—what can I do that will make a difference?
I have a saying for that. One may not be able to change the whole world but they can make a world of difference in the one in which they can. :)

Back
Top Bottom