A. W. Pink on "Kosmos"

Jesus did. he sacrificed himself for all men
Scripture cannot be broken, added to, changed, or subtracted from.

To teach Jesus died for "all men" violates the truth of the sacrificial system God ordained for the children of Israel and the sacrifices were made for their sins and iniquities.
NOT "for all men."
There is no "all men" when the high priest sprinkled the children of Israel with the blood of the lamb.
Again scripture

Ephesians 2:13–19 (KJV 1900) — 13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Galatians 3:29 (KJV 1900) — 29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Scripture cannot be broken, added to, changed, or subtracted from.

To teach Jesus died for "all men" violates the truth of the sacrificial system God ordained for the children of Israel and the sacrifices were made for their sins and iniquities.
NOT "for all men."
There is no "all men" when the high priest sprinkled the children of Israel with the blood of the lamb.
So why do you break it

1 Timothy 2:4–6
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Romans 5:18
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
1 Timothy 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
John 6:51
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
2 Corinthians 5:14–15
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
John 11:51
And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Sprinkling lamb's blood will not do anything for you anymore

So why do you break it

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all [us-ward] should come to repentance.

Who are the "us-ward"?

1 SIMON Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1.

This is called reverse hermeneutics.

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all [us-ward] should come to repentance.

Who are the "us-ward"?

1 SIMON Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1.

This is called reverse hermeneutics.
You left much off

btw it is rather irrational Peter would state God wants all who have come to a like precious faith to not perish and to come to repentance

It served God's purpose under the Mosaic Covenant in which the sacrifices for sin was for the children of Israel.
ONLY.
btw it is rather irrational Peter would state God wants all who have come to a like precious faith to not perish and to come to repentance
Neophyte.

You left out the word "us-ward."

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any (of us-ward) should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9.

Who are the "us-ward"? Let's see who they are:

SIMON Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, 2 Peter 1:1–2.

Ah, Peter is speaking about born-again Jewish believers who have the KNOWLEDGE of God (believers) and received "like precious faith." (more believers.)

Try using your false grammatical reverse hermeneutics. Maybe that will help.

The Holy Word of God is given to a holy people. It was not given to the world of uncircumcised, unclean, non-covenant non-Hebrew Gentiles.

Not even God gives that which is holy to dogs.

It served God's purpose under the Mosaic Covenant in which the sacrifices for sin was for the children of Israel.
ONLY.

Neophyte.

You left out the word "us-ward."

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any (of us-ward) should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9.

Who are the "us-ward"? Let's see who they are:

No I have not, the usward are men

2 Peter 3:9 (KJV 1900) — 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Men. God desires all to come to repentance and not die

1 Timothy 2:4 (KJV 1900) — 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Ezekiel 18:23 (KJV 1900) — 23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

You do not believe your old testament

SIMON Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, 2 Peter 1:1–2.

Ah, Peter is speaking about born-again Jewish believers who have the KNOWLEDGE of God (believers) and received "like precious faith." (more believers.)

Try using your false grammatical reverse hermeneutics. Maybe that will help.

The Holy Word of God is given to a holy people. It was not given to the world of uncircumcised, unclean, non-covenant non-Hebrew Gentiles.

Not even God gives that which is holy to dogs.
sorry believers are not in danger of perishing and in need of repentance so theymight not perish

BTW you ignored all the rest

Isaiah 53:6
All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned every one to his own way; And the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

No I have not, the usward are men

2 Peter 3:9 (KJV 1900) — 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Men. God desires all to come to repentance and not die

1 Timothy 2:4 (KJV 1900) — 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Ezekiel 18:23 (KJV 1900) — 23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

You do not believe your old testament

sorry believers are not in danger of perishing and in need of repentance so theymight not perish

BTW you ignored all the rest

Isaiah 53:6
All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned every one to his own way; And the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
The "us-ward" refers to believers who have received "like precious faith."

Back
Top Bottom